PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins relishes D.Wade's words and wisdom

PJR
11-09-2014, 02:30 PM
But the greatest takeaway for Wiggins came when Wade approached the rookie after the game and offered a few words of encouragement (no, they didn’t spend any time badmouthing LeBron James for abandoning each of them).

“He asked me if I wanted to be great,” Wiggins said of his postgame exchange with Wade. “I said yes. He said I’ve got all the tools to be great, just keep working.”

Wiggins had his second double-figure scoring effort (10) but was 3-of-9 with one rebound and two assists. It was consistent with Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders’ description of Wiggins pregame, when he said the rookie can be “spectacular” at times but too often has “wasted minutes.”

It didn’t help that Wiggins, 19, wasn’t even the youngest starter on his team Saturday. Zach LaVine, younger than Wiggins by 15 days, started in place of Ricky Rubio, who suffered a severe sprain to his left ankle. Saunders said he started LaVine ahead of Mo Williams because LaVine projects as an important piece to the franchise’s future.

As is Wiggins, of course. And those few seconds he spent with Wade after the final whistle were hardly a waste.

“Those words at the end of the game just motivate me,” Wiggins said. "Already I'm thinking about what he said, and it’s going to carry through for a long time now.

“He’s one of the people I watched growing up, one of the people I idolized. That guy right there is great.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/21134/wiggins-relishes-wades-words-of-wisdom

D.Gawd such a great ambassador for the game. :applause: Wiggins life was just changed. You're welcome, Minnesota.

Theoo
11-09-2014, 02:55 PM
DWADE :bowdown: :bowdown: second best shoting guard of all time motivating rookie wiggen , wiggen was gone need daiper after wade schooled him to these game but wade dont not kick puppy while its down , and wiggens well now have motivations to be hall of famer player . looking forward to wiggens coming to maimi in future :bowdown: :bowdown:

JellyBean
11-09-2014, 03:04 PM
That was pretty cool of D-Wade. You can see that with each game, Wiggins' confidence gets stronger and stronger. Wiggins has all of the traits to become a really good to great player. It is all about how bad do you want it.