PDA

View Full Version : Best online banks...?

russwest0
11-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Long story short my bank screwed me over by closing my account over their mistake, and then reopening it under the same acct number making it so I can't make payments to my credit card from them, so I need to move to an online bank before tomorrow and make a payment through that online bank.

Which online banks would ISH recommend? It's so hard to research because all you'll find is websites trying to promote banks that are paying them for referrals.

russwest0
11-09-2014, 02:32 PM
So far ally bank looks like the best to me.

Simple, straightforward.

No fees for using a checking acct, all ATM fees refunded. Seems nice.

KevinNYC
11-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Long story short my bank screwed me over by closing my account over their mistake, and then reopening it under the same acct number making it so I can't make payments to my credit card from them, so I need to move to an online bank before tomorrow and make a payment through that online bank.

Which online banks would ISH recommend? It's so hard to research because all you'll find is websites trying to promote banks that are paying them for referrals.

Can you get it done through an online bank by tomorrow? How long would it take for your funds to clear. You may need to pay via money transfer.

tomtucker
11-09-2014, 02:51 PM
paypal me the money, i will take care of it

russwest0
11-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Can you get it done through an online bank by tomorrow? How long would it take for your funds to clear. You may need to pay via money transfer.

how do I money transfer?

I think I'm just gonna ask my mom what her acct no. is for her bank and then transfer her the funds and ask her to send my credit card company the money

DeuceWallaces
11-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Lol at this kid.

They closed your account over their mistake.

Right, :rolleyes:

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 04:03 PM
I don't understand why you can't pay your credit card if you or ANYBODY you know has a bank account to make the transfer It doesn't require having to open a new bank account.

KevinNYC
11-09-2014, 06:49 PM
how do I money transfer?

I think I'm just gonna ask my mom what her acct no. is for her bank and then transfer her the funds and ask her to send my credit card company the money
You use Western Union or something like that. It will cost you a fee.

You can call your credit card company and ask how to pay day of.

A lot of check cashing places let you walk in and do this.

russwest0
11-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Lol at this kid.

They closed your account over their mistake.

Right, :rolleyes:

you're delusional bro.

you've started this rivarly with me that has you questioning what I'm saying even though it's 100% truth.

I signed some sort of cards on overdraft protection, scanned them into my PC, emailed them the files, got on the phone and called them to tell them, got a newer girl who took forever to find them, probably put them in the wrong place, and then someone later on went through, couldn't find them, and closed my account.

It's 100% the banks fault but thankfully my new bank looks epic. Ally bank. I don't know how to deposit cash into an online only bank but everything else looks epic about online banking.

russwest0
11-09-2014, 10:55 PM
I don't understand why you can't pay your credit card if you or ANYBODY you know has a bank account to make the transfer It doesn't require having to open a new bank account.

Yeah well the only acct I have was flagged as ineligible because my dumbass bank screwed me over.

I went to my moms house after work and got it all figured out though. She used her acct to pay for it (as long as it goes through) and I'm just going to pay her in cash for it and then use my new bank to pay for it in the future.

though I'll probably just get a new credit card w/ my new bank.

DeuceWallaces
11-09-2014, 11:32 PM
You screwed yourself over by bouncing checks.

No accountability.

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Yeah well the only acct I have was flagged as ineligible because my dumbass bank screwed me over.

I went to my moms house after work and got it all figured out though. She used her acct to pay for it (as long as it goes through) and I'm just going to pay her in cash for it and then use my new bank to pay for it in the future.

though I'll probably just get a new credit card w/ my new bank.

Can you explain what happened to your bank account?