PDA

View Full Version : LeBron just had 3 straight finals better than any of Kobe's

dubeta
11-09-2014, 03:01 PM
In all this talk about finals record, and rings, we've all just quietly dismissed that LeBron just finished 3 straight finals with beastly stats

2012 - 29/10/7

2013- 25/11/7

2014- 28/8/4 on 58% FG and 51% from 3

These are 3 finals, better than Kobe's best, and LeBron isn't even finished yet.

How many better finals will LeBron have over Kobe when its all said and done? 5-6?

navy
11-09-2014, 03:04 PM
2/5

Kobe's FMVP Ratio

Blue&Orange
11-09-2014, 03:12 PM
That's what you get when the game is over, the other team starting five is on the bench, and you are padding stats when Matt Bonner is playing center, while in the first half you were missing in combat.

That's also how you lose the fmvp to frigging Kawhi Leonard :roll:

Magic 32
11-09-2014, 03:33 PM
2013- 25/11/7

02 & 09 > 13

dubeta
11-09-2014, 03:37 PM
02 & 09 > 13

post the numbers

The_Pharcyde
11-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Everything revolves around Lebrons competition with this guy, talk about insecure about lebrons career.... Hell his name is even dissing lebrons peer

RRR3
11-09-2014, 03:41 PM
:kobe:

LeBron's 2012 finals were superb, no denying that.

2013 was pretty meh though to his credit he stepped up in the end.

2014 yeah he shot like a god, but he had little intact outside of the first two games. Empty stats one could say. Not denying his scoring was impressive, but his impact was lacking.

If you like efficiency, Bean did shoot 51/55/81 in 02 finals.

Tldr: 2/5

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 04:28 PM
That's what you get when the game is over, the other team starting five is on the bench, and you are padding stats when Matt Bonner is playing center, while in the first half you were missing in combat.

That's also how you lose the fmvp to frigging Kawhi Leonard :roll:
Let's be honest, that Heat team wasn't beating the Spurs. That team was on a year-long mission to get back to the Finals just to beat the Heat. Even if LBJ finishes out Game 1 and they win, I'd bet SAS would have won Game 2 (and the series probably plays out the same). I mean LeBron threw the kitchen sink at the Spurs and it didn't do anything.

Magic 32
11-09-2014, 04:48 PM
I mean LeBron threw the kitchen sink at the Spurs and it didn't do anything.

Never shot more than 21 times. A no show when the game was close.

Hardly the kitchen sink.

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Never shot more than 21 times. A no show when the game was close.

Hardly the kitchen sink.
I think it was Game 3. Third quarter. Dude threw all his moves at the Spurs (had a one-man run) and they increased the lead. They weren't winning that Finals. He did what he could.

Also, when has an arbitrary number of shot attempts been equated with throwing the kitchen sink? Does taking over 30 FGA mean you threw the kitchen sink? Not to be rude, but that is a weak cherry-pick of a stat to make that point.

TheMarkMadsen
11-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I think it was Game 3. Third quarter. Dude threw all his moves at the Spurs (had a one-man run) and they increased the lead. They weren't winning that Finals. He did what he could.

Also, when has an arbitrary number of shot attempts been equated with throwing the kitchen sink? Does taking over 30 FGA mean you threw the kitchen sink? Not to be rude, but that is a weak cherry-pick of a stat to make that point.

If your team is getting blown out every game

And you can apparently make 57% of your shots

Then you should shoot more, no?

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 05:20 PM

I see your point, but when has increasing shot attempts been a part of his game in such situations? Also, with increased shots, the greater the chance for efficiency to drop. His shooting % is that high usually due to his very choice shot selection.

I'm just saying that citing a maximum of 21 FGA in a Finals that wasn't very close for a player that made a habit to minimize excessive shot attempts to get the best looks for himself (which he thrives at) and instead preferring him to hunt to shoot more doesn't refute "throwing the kitchen sink." In LBJ's all-round approach to basketball, the proverbial "kitchen sink" isn't chucking, it's hunting for the best shot.

My whole premise has been they were losing that Finals due to Spurs wanting it much much more. LBJ shooting more wouldn't change that, imo.

Rose'sACL
11-09-2014, 05:25 PM

he was shooting all kind of shots in that 3rd quarter and lead was still not going down. He gave up when he knew that offense wasn't the big problem, defense was.
Miami's defensive scheme was more suited for a younger team. running all over the floor trying to trap was just not going to work with a team that was playing in 4th straight finals and had a lot of old role players plus wade was hurt.
Spurs took full advantage and got a lot of open looks as it was really hard for heat players to run fast enough to recover and get to the shooter.

I see your point, but when has increasing shot attempts been a part of his game in such situations? Also, with increased shots, the greater the chance for efficiency to drop. His shooting % is that high usually due to his very choice shot selection.

I'm just saying that citing a maximum of 21 FGA in a Finals that wasn't very close for a player that made a habit to minimize excessive shot attempts to get the best looks for himself (which he thrives at) and instead preferring him to hunt to shoot more doesn't refute "throwing the kitchen sink." In LBJ's all-round approach to basketball, the proverbial "kitchen sink" isn't chucking, it's hunting for the best shot.

My whole premise has been they were losing that Finals due to Spurs wanting it much much more. LBJ shooting more wouldn't change that, imo.
Spurs might have wanted it more but Spurs were easily the better team too.
Only 2 coaches in the NBA would have made Heat win the finals last year. Thibs and Pop.

T_L_P
11-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Kobe's 02 Finals was better than LeBron's 2013 Finals in my opinion, no matter how great Shaq was.

20Four
11-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Did kobe spit on your face at McDonald's or something? You keep talking about him....we know he's better than LeBRONZE....just stop already...or you might start working at Taco Bell....

Magic 32
11-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Also, with increased shots, the greater the chance for efficiency to drop.

http://villagebooksblogs.typepad.com/.a/6a00e00989802188330120a8f3cbc5970b-pi

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 06:10 PM
http://villagebooksblogs.typepad.com/.a/6a00e00989802188330120a8f3cbc5970b-pi
That's your response? Alright then.

White Mamba
11-09-2014, 06:19 PM
numbers??????? what about this little thing called W? and to show up to more than 1 quarter per game(2014)?

Magic 32
11-09-2014, 06:20 PM
That's your response? Alright then.

You solved the Lebron 2014 finals riddle.

Nothing more needs to be said.

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 06:21 PM
You solved the Lebron 2014 finals riddle.

Nothing more needs to be said.
I got your point. Just expected the discussion to continue in a different manner. Respect to your opinions, though. Good chatting with ya.

CavaliersFTW
11-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Did kobe spit on your face at McDonald's or something? You keep talking about him....we know he's better than LeBRONZE....just stop already...or you might start working at Taco Bell....
So cold :oldlol:

ThatCoolKid
11-09-2014, 06:33 PM
So cold :oldlol:

:lol old man trying to fit in with the hip youngsters on the computer