PDA

View Full Version : What keept you from bein in the NBA?

King Jane
11-09-2014, 06:47 PM
For me i think it gon be my grades. I fail a few lasses so they wont lemme play wit tha skoo team so I wont be seen by NBA and D1 souts. I easily cross up many kids from my skoo that get collage scholarships durin lunch break games. I could do good in the NBA but I aint gonna sell out like that the teachers at my skoo is hella corrupt. ima do me.

mattvNJ
11-09-2014, 06:48 PM
For me i think it gon be my grades. I fail a few lasses so they wont lemme play wit tha skoo team so I wont be seen by NBA and D1 souts. I easily cross up many kids from my skoo that get collage scholarships durin lunch break games. I could do good in the NBA but I aint gonna sell out like that the teachers at my skoo is hella corrupt. ima do me.

poor poor theoo attempt

PleezeBehave
11-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Fat.

Yeah, mainly fat.

And stamina.

King Jane
11-09-2014, 06:51 PM
poor poor theoo attempt
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

PizzamanIRL
11-09-2014, 06:52 PM
No excuses. I just wasn't good enough.

Theoo
11-09-2014, 06:54 PM
i make the draft but was druggged by adam silvar becuse i have do many research on his corruption on ish . when lerbron know i wasnt gone be with the heat he left team . tough times man. shabazz napier was drafted instead of me

SpecialQue
11-09-2014, 06:54 PM
This is really embarrassing. You're not Theoo. You're never gonna be Theoo, so stop trying.

OP is the Carlos Mencia of ISH.

RoseCity07
11-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Everything. Just not good enough. I'd basically be a 5-10 point guard. As good as my handles are an NBA player would destroy me in a game. I could't stay in front of Steven Blake let alone Chris Paul. My release would be too slow. Not quick enough to make plays.

If I were about 6-5 I would have worked my ass off because I am a smart player. I see the floor really well and know how to get the ball to shooters. I'd probably be a Kirk Heinrich type of player if I were taller. Only I'm a bit more creative off the dribble.

ThatCoolKid
11-09-2014, 06:56 PM
I've never played basketball before.

NZStreetBaller
11-09-2014, 06:57 PM
The illumanati hahaha

Mr Exlax
11-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Shitty attitude. I am a very very sore loser. I find no joy in winning. I just don't want to lose. If the game is close, I'm as upset as if we lost.

Not skilled enough. Solid fundamentals, but I never worked hard to be great at anything. I used my size and athleticism to not lose when playing.

KobesFinger
11-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Long dick weighing me down. If I had a tiny stump like Amar'e or Jordan I'd be able to jump like them

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-09-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm an American-born white guy.

I never had a chance, unless I added "-ovic" to my last name.

Long dick weighing me down. If I had a tiny stump like Amar'e or Jordan I'd be able to jump like them
:roll:

Can't you just use your 3rd leg as like a spring to jump higher?? :rockon:

Fudge
11-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Too many wannabe's on ISH nowadays, meng.

Bandito
11-09-2014, 07:06 PM
My laziness and genes held me back.

Real Men Wear Green
11-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Something about being a 5'10 Small Forward. I told any NBA scout that would listen that I had the genes to hit 6' in my twenties and could have played guard if I had bigger teammates. Unfortunately I didn't know any scouts so there was no one to listen. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried to skip college but there were no scholarship offers so why not roll the dice I say?
This is really embarrassing. You're not Theoo. You're never gonna be Theoo, so stop trying.

I hate to admit this but...that was good.

dreamwarrior
11-09-2014, 08:09 PM
I actually was thinking about declaring my intent to play in the NBA the other day...

ProfessorMurder
11-09-2014, 08:12 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2afndCQxG1qaay69o1_500.gif

Richesly
11-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Didn't have the gift to ball. Played from middle school up to my senior year of highschool and never was able to perfect a shooting form. Suffered from performance anxiety on offense, but was very good on defense and out hustled a lot of people on the court. I was a favorite by the coaches, which is why I started my junior year.

To this day, I still can't shoot to save my life. I disappointed my coaches and also myself. It made me lose interest in basketball mid-season of my senior year.

Funny how being weak mentally can **** everything up.

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-09-2014, 08:31 PM
I feel ya, man. :cheers:

Let's go hunt for some poontang pie!

Smook A.
11-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I was a really good baller when I was in my teen years, but not extremely good to the point where I'd be getting college offers from numerous D1 colleges. Back in high school, I played varsity ball from my Sophomore year to Senior year. I was a PG/SG standing at 6'2. I'm also black so you know... that gave me advantage over most of the guys. Haha no I'm just messin around. All the "being black" jokes aside, I was a good leaper & runner mainly because I did cross country and track. I could also shoot the ball pretty well and I my level of confidence was pretty high. In middle school I was a dedicated worker. Always practised day & night until my legs told me to give up. I would do drills with cones, run a few track laps, and lift weights almost every single day. I always dreamt of becoming someone like Kobe, MJ or T-Mac, but since I was short, I kinda modelled my game after Allen Iverson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

The thing that held me back was my attitude. My work ethic was fine but my shit attitude towards my coaches and opponents is what got me benched most games. I could tell my coach hated my guts. Of course I was disappointed and I totally regret it to this day. If I hadn't gotten in trouble, maybe I could've played college basketball at the very least. If you gave me a time machine right now and told me to fix every wrong thing I did, I would do it within a blink of an eye.

No_Look604
11-10-2014, 02:44 AM
Everything. Just not good enough. I'd basically be a 5-10 point guard. As good as my handles are an NBA player would destroy me in a game. I could't stay in front of Steven Blake let alone Chris Paul. My release would be too slow. Not quick enough to make plays.

If I were about 6-5 I would have worked my ass off because I am a smart player. I see the floor really well and know how to get the ball to shooters. I'd probably be a Kirk Heinrich type of player if I were taller. Only I'm a bit more creative off the dribble.

This Nikka:biggums: "I am a smart player...I'd probably be a Kirk Heinrich type of player if I were taller. Only I'm a bit more creative off the dribble"

I WISH I WAS A LITTLE BIT TALLER, WISH I WAS A BALLER...IF I HAD A GIRL WHO LOOKED GOOD I WOULD CALL HER...

NBAplayoffs2001
11-10-2014, 03:26 AM
1 foot. Be a 6'9'' straight up deadshooter.

Im Still Ballin
11-10-2014, 03:34 AM
Skills
Living in Aus
Height

If I lived in America I would have definately made a good football player. Not sure what position but? 6-1 190, could dunk it at 15 at 5-9 my vert has always been elite. Used to be a state high jumper back in the day. Was the type of specimen that could squat 315 for reps after only a month in the gym but I was soft as **** after a few major injuries. Fair to say I was shook ever since

Im Still Ballin
11-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Didn't have the gift to ball. Played from middle school up to my senior year of highschool and never was able to perfect a shooting form. Suffered from performance anxiety on offense, but was very good on defense and out hustled a lot of people on the court. I was a favorite by the coaches, which is why I started my junior year.

To this day, I still can't shoot to save my life. I disappointed my coaches and also myself. It made me lose interest in basketball mid-season of my senior year.

So true. After I had a few big injuries that kept me out of my sport for a year I was never the same mentally. Went from being as good as this guy who got drafted to not playing anymore and it's not like I didn't have the physical ability , more that I lost that bulletproof confidence

Nash-tastic
11-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Height + Build + Skill + Talent + Being Asian + Everything else

SpanishACB
11-10-2014, 06:14 AM
skoo :facepalm

S13M
11-10-2014, 06:43 AM
I'm not dark enough

bigkingsfan
11-10-2014, 06:55 AM
Mom wouldn't let me.

SpanishACB
11-10-2014, 07:08 AM
soccer

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-10-2014, 07:09 AM
I was a really good baller when I was in my teen years, but not extremely good to the point where I'd be getting college offers from numerous D1 colleges. Back in high school, I played varsity ball from my Sophomore year to Senior year. I was a PG/SG standing at 6'2. I'm also black so you know... that gave me advantage over most of the guys. Haha no I'm just messin around. All the "being black" jokes aside, I was a good leaper & runner mainly because I did cross country and track. I could also shoot the ball pretty well and I my level of confidence was pretty high. In middle school I was a dedicated worker. Always practised day & night until my legs told me to give up. I would do drills with cones, run a few track laps, and lift weights almost every single day. I always dreamt of becoming someone like Kobe, MJ or T-Mac, but since I was short, I kinda modelled my game after Allen Iverson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

The thing that held me back was my attitude. My work ethic was fine but my shit attitude towards my coaches and opponents is what got me benched most games. I could tell my coach hated my guts. Of course I was disappointed and I totally regret it to this day. If I hadn't gotten in trouble, maybe I could've played college basketball at the very least. If you gave me a time machine right now and told me to fix every wrong thing I did, I would do it within a blink of an eye.
and now u postin 40 times a day on a message board:lol :lol :lol

jk:cheers: y didnt u post in that ISH challenge:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

DCL
11-10-2014, 07:25 AM
i was too busy playing tetris when they called me

SteveNashMVPcro
11-10-2014, 07:37 AM
I can't dribble, I'm slow as ****.I can shoot and pass tho

kenny817
11-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Dem haters

:rockon:

Or could be that I'm 5'8...can't jump...and an avg shooter

But seriously...it's the haters b

pauk
11-10-2014, 10:26 AM
--Location (Bosnia/Croatia, have to be a really special PG to get a chance by NBA scouts here and when you do you are already 25-33 years old)

--Size and/or Athleticism. (im 6'1", but i think being 6'6"+ PG/SG with my shooting or have Rose's athl. would helped dramatically imo, lets not lie, size or freak athleticism matters, if you have both you dont even need to know how to shoot or dribble, just make a living shutting down any player on earth & hustling/rebounding)

--Do or Die motivation/will/sacrificing. (If i really REALLY had it, i would abandon my family at age 15 in middle of War, move to US, play college ball and get drafted perhaps, just put myself in the best position possible to achieve that goal)

Ultimately i just think "Not living in USA" mostly bottlenecked me.

Trollsmasher
11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
poor infrastructure

and state, they cracked down on me

code green
11-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Nobody wants a 5'7" point guard with a streaky as hell jumpshot, no matter how strong his drive and dish game is. :oldlol:

ILLsmak
11-10-2014, 11:59 AM
1 foot. Be a 6'9'' straight up deadshooter.

lol this. If I was 1 foot taller and could retain my skills/athleticism/mind I would have been a beast. I would have been like Augmon.

I never worked seriously on my skills other than just balling, but it didn't help that I knew I was going to be under 6 feet tall. At that point I was like ok...

Props to dudes like Nate or Boykins tho.

-Smak

Marchesk
11-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Was time traveled from the 50s right before I got my big chance.

Rake2204
11-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Approximately 932,456 things held me back from being in the NBA. I wasn't anywhere close to being good enough, obviously. Some big reasons why off the top:

1. Lack of sink-or-swim drive. I loved basketball and I lived it from third grade on forward. It was my life, but I never had a sense that I had to go to the NBA or die trying. I worked very, very hard for any success I had - but I think there's still another series of levels of work ethic beyond that.

2. Restricted opposing talent pool throughout life (grew up in NAIA and DIII hotbed... i.e. the level of basketball was never elite). Even if I had that next-next level of work ethic, I would have likely needed to be around elite or super elite opposing talent on a regular basis just to give myself a chance, in terms of fleshing out my own abilities.

3. Stood 6'3'' with 6'3'' wingspan. If I grew to be 6'7'' with a 7'0'' wingspan - that could have been a game-changer.

So yeah, if I were taller than Michael Jordan with the wingspan of a seven footer and pushed myself as hard as humanly possible against the best talent possible, then I may have had a chance. So close...

Inactive
11-10-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm on the wrong side of 6 feet, and not unusually athletic. I felt there was no point in putting in the work, if my potential was so limited to begin with. That kept me out of competitive basketball in general.

Cobra Kai
11-10-2014, 01:33 PM
The rim being too high.

Taller than CP3
11-10-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm not even good enough to be a cheerleader.

stalkerforlife
11-10-2014, 03:08 PM
My small package.

No way was I going to shower with dudes and suffer that embarrassment.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Height + Build + Skill + Talent + Being Asian + Everything else
U could have just said being asian that would cover most bases

KrizMiz
11-10-2014, 03:17 PM
im just lazy - thats all

stalkerforlife
11-10-2014, 03:18 PM
U could have just said being asian that would cover most bases

:lebronamazed:

Smook A.
11-10-2014, 03:19 PM
and now u postin 40 times a day on a message board:lol :lol :lol

jk:cheers: y didnt u post in that ISH challenge:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
Yeah :oldlol:

And what was the ISH challenge? That all-time team thing?

Im Still Ballin
11-10-2014, 03:20 PM
My small package.

No way was I going to shower with dudes and suffer that embarrassment.
Start jelqing bro.

elementally morale
11-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Talent.

I had been playing organized basketball for 14 years and made it to the 1st league in my country (Hungary). One of my teammates, Kornel David at Budapesti Honved (later: Solymok) made it to the NBA and was a benchwarmer for the Bulls. He was a lot better than the rest of us, and by your definition he was a scrub in the NBA.

So talent is the only thing that kept me from being in the NBA.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Yeah :oldlol:

And what was the ISH challenge? That all-time team thing?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352546&page=3

HurricaneKid
11-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Expecting a call from the Lakers any day now.

Smook A.
11-10-2014, 03:24 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352546&page=3
Oh yeah that challenge. I might do it.

Budadiiii
11-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Drugs.

My mom, said, to me, that, I'D MAKE IT

but, then, I, took, a, hit,

MOMMA

I MADE IT :D

oarabbus
11-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Was time traveled from the 50s right before I got my big chance.

:oldlol:

stalkerforlife
11-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Start jelqing bro.

??

KungFuJoe
11-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Well...truthfully, even if all the stars were aligned and I did everything right, I still probably wouldn't have made it, but I think I could have made some noise in D1 college.

I basically started too late. I hated basketball as a young kid. I wanted to be a baseball player. Didn't even play pick up ball until I was in jr high and didn't start to play seriously until my freshman year in HS. I made school teams on physical talent alone, but never really developed solid fundamentals. I had a 36" vert and was always the fastest guy on the court. I posterized more than a few guys in my day and I was a 6'2" half white/asian guy so people were always surprised I could get up.

But, I was inconsistent as ****...jumper was streaky and even my handles would disappear at times. All part in due to not having played when I was younger and getting those things drilled into you like instinct.

At my peak, when I attended Long Beach St, the head coach asked me to redshirt for the team my freshman year. Saw me showing off, doing some dunks in the gym, and just walked up and approached me. Probably thought I had potential, but I had no interest in playing organized ball at the time so I declined.

And that was that...dropped out of Long Beach, went to a community college, made the team there, dropped out before playing a single game. Been playing pick up ball/leagues ever since.

demons2005
11-10-2014, 04:06 PM
For me, I could never afford the good shoes. Had to play with some cheapo New Balances that weren't even basketball shoes