PDA

View Full Version : How much can we attribute GSW's improvement to replacing Jackson with Kerr?

fpliii
11-09-2014, 09:44 PM
:confusedshrug:

Spaulding
11-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Too early for assessment.

bigkingsfan
11-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Wait until Bogut goes down.

navy
11-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Too early and lets face it Klay and Curry have been playing out of their minds. Curry might sustain it, Klay wont.

Warfan
11-09-2014, 09:47 PM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-50f9b16b/turbine/la-sp-alvin-gentry-20130118/600

Kerr's certainly an upgrade and will do better than Jackson, AG is also a great addition to the coaching staff.

outbreak
11-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Mark Jackson is a terrible coach

Suguru101
11-09-2014, 09:48 PM
This is really interesting. Always wanted to see how much better a team could go from one season to the other by ditching a good coach for a very good/elite one.

Clippers with Del Negro to Rivers wasn't really that much of a change, though players developed better (Jordan/Blake).

I see Klay developing better than with Jackson, but that could have been the USA basketball.

Will keep a watch on them

TheMarkMadsen
11-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Jackson never got to coach his team in the playoffs while healthy

Bogut & Lee were constantly hurt.

I don't care if PJax is the coach this team is built in a way that they absolutly need those 2 guys come playoff time if they hope to make the WCF/Finals/ win.

I<3NBA
11-09-2014, 09:53 PM
100% GSW is basically the same team, just a different coach. But already the play and rotations are night and day. Whereas Jackson was just getting by purely on the talent of GSW players, Kerr is actually maximizing them. Same thing would happen to OKC if Brooks is replaced.

chocolatethunder
11-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Wait until Bogut goes down.
Yes because Jackson was too much of a moron to get Bogut the ball ever. Now they are running plays through Bogut and it is paying off huge for them.

Nash
11-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Interesting to see how whatever GSW do will change the perception of Mark Jackson.

If they do better: Mark Jackson was underachieving with a great team
If they do worse: Mark Jackson lead a bunch young, no defense individualists to great results.

chocolatethunder
11-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Jackson never got to coach his team in the playoffs while healthy

Bogut & Lee were constantly hurt.

I don't care if PJax is the coach this team is built in a way that they absolutly need those 2 guys come playoff time if they hope to make the WCF/Finals/ win.
That's titally true but it's also true that Jackson never got Bogut the ball when he was healthy. If you can't see the difference in their offense now as opposed to before then you're blind. I'm sure were going to get a million Mark Jackson apologists on here when this team just keeps killing everyone and people start saying Kerr is a good coach. And btw Lee is hurt now already.

JohnMax
11-09-2014, 09:58 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/307/files/2014/10/steve-kerr-stephen-curry-alvin-gentry-nba-golden-state-warriors-media-day-850x560.jpg

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Didn't Kerr bring in both Gentry (really good offensive mind) and Ron Adams (perhaps best defensive assistant in the entire league)? Kerr himself seems to be a good tactician too, so they have plenty of coaching talent.

I didn't expect to see Klay explode offensively out of the gate (some guys slump immediately after getting paid) or Curry playing better defense. If this team is healthy, they could go toe-to-toe with just about anybody out west.

sammichoffate
11-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Didn't Kerr bring in both Gentry (really good offensive mind) and Ron Adams (perhaps best defensive assistant in the entire league)? Kerr himself seems to be a good tactician too, so they have plenty of coaching talent.

I didn't expect to see Klay explode offensively out of the gate (some guys slump immediately after getting paid) or Curry playing better defense. If this team is healthy, they could go toe-to-toe with just about anybody out west.Alvin Gentry could easily be a top 5 coach in this league if he wanted to, his 2010 Suns got to the WCF. Imagine he coached a team like the Thunder, think about that for a second :eek:

chocolatethunder
11-09-2014, 11:22 PM
So here's how it's gonna go. If Kerr does poorly, it's his fault. If Kerr does well, it's because of his assistants. People are having a hard time saying Jackson was a poor coach because he's black and they are having a hard time saying Kerr is a good coach because he's white. That's what's really happening and no one wants to say it. I don't really give a shit who's coaching as long as they are good. It's too early to know if Kerr was a good hire but signs are pointing towards him being one.

sammichoffate
11-09-2014, 11:28 PM
So here's how it's gonna go. If Kerr does poorly, it's his fault. If Kerr does well, it's because of his assistants. People are having a hard time saying Jackson was a poor coach because he's black and they are having a hard time saying Kerr is a good coach because he's white. That's what's really happening and no one wants to say it. I don't really give a shit who's coaching as long as they are good. It's too early to know if Kerr was a good hire but signs are pointing towards him being one.I didn't like Jackson as the coach, Kerr is maximizing the talent compared to him. If he does well, then he gets a ton of credit. I'm just saying he shouldn't get all the credit if he has guys like Gentry with him. They're both really good at X's and O's so it's impossible for just Kerr to take the credit while they're both with the Warriors.

FLDFSU
11-09-2014, 11:31 PM
So here's how it's gonna go. If Kerr does poorly, it's his fault. If Kerr does well, it's because of his assistants. People are having a hard time saying Jackson was a poor coach because he's black and they are having a hard time saying Kerr is a good coach because he's white. That's what's really happening and no one wants to say it. I don't really give a shit who's coaching as long as they are good. It's too early to know if Kerr was a good hire but signs are pointing towards him being one.

Seriously, what is up with all the racists on ISH?

Here is a suggestion: if you don't like blacks, the NBA maybe not for you. Baseball will start up in a few months, maybe you should check it out.

In a world where just 25 years ago there were 10 states had laws prohibiting whites from marrying outside their race because they did not want to corrupt the "superior white race" you have morons like you complaining about Kerr being mistreated for being white.

Go to sleep idiot.

FLDFSU
11-09-2014, 11:36 PM
I didn't like Jackson as the coach, Kerr is maximizing the talent compared to him. If he does well, then he gets a ton of credit. I'm just saying he shouldn't get all the credit if he has guys like Gentry with him. They're both really good at X's and O's so it's impossible for just Kerr to take the credit while they're both with the Warriors.

So we are going to just pretend like the OP didn't just go on a racist rant?

ISH: a breeding ground for racist morons, and those who pretend like they don't exist.

KDthunderup
11-09-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure if Kerr is good or Jackson was just that bad

sammichoffate
11-09-2014, 11:41 PM

ISH: a breeding ground for racist morons, and those who pretend like they don't exist.If he's racist, then i'm not even going to acknowledge him. It's not like he's hurting anyone, he's just an annoying fakkit like dubeta :confusedshrug:

FLDFSU
11-09-2014, 11:48 PM
If he's racist, then i'm not even going to acknowledge him. It's not like he's hurting anyone, he's just an annoying fakkit like dubeta :confusedshrug:

Pretty sure if someone says that the only reason Nash got back to back MVPs or that Parsons got a max deal because he was white...the reaction would not be..."well it's not like he is hurting anyone..." and the reaction would not be to just pretend like the OP didn't just go on a anti-white rant.

ISH :facepalm

sammichoffate
11-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Pretty sure if someone says that the only reason Nash got back to back MVPs or that Parsons got a max deal because he was white...the reaction would not be..."well it's not like he is hurting anyone..." and the reaction would not be to just pretend like the OP didn't just go on a anti-white rant.

ISH :facepalmNo anyone who has an IQ level would just see whoever said that as mentally impaired. This is the internet, calm your jimmies :facepalm

Hey Yo
11-09-2014, 11:59 PM
This is really interesting. Always wanted to see how much better a team could go from one season to the other by ditching a good coach for a very good/elite one.

Clippers with Del Negro to Rivers wasn't really that much of a change, though players developed better (Jordan/Blake).

I see Klay developing better than with Jackson, but that could have been the USA basketball.

Will keep a watch on them
You're saying Steve Kerr is already an elite coach?

:biggums:

chocolatethunder
11-10-2014, 02:15 AM

Here is a suggestion: if you don't like blacks, the NBA maybe not for you. Baseball will start up in a few months, maybe you should check it out.

In a world where just 25 years ago there were 10 states had laws prohibiting whites from marrying outside their race because they did not want to corrupt the "superior white race" you have morons like you complaining about Kerr being mistreated for being white.

Go to sleep idiot.
No, I'm calling it like I see it which is the truth. Just like a black quarterback almost never gets a fair shake and has to be described with qualifiers. It's old and tired hearing all that bullshit from white people when it comes to black quarterbacks. It makes them sound like fools. Or white basketball players being "savvy" and black guys being "athletic". Racism works both ways pal all the time. There was a racial undertone in the backlash to Jacksons firing. I don't care that Kerr is white, I'm describing what's happening, I'm not part of what's happening, there's a big difference. As I said before, I don't care who's coaching what as long as they're good. I think Mark Jackson is a moron, and it has nothing to do with being black. I don't think that he was a good coach and he's an awful commentator. I don't care what his coaching record was. I have no idea if Kerr is a good coach or not, it's too soon to tell. But it seems like there are a bunch of apologists saying that it's all Gentry (who I happen to think is a great coach) or things like that.

Maybe you should stop being so myopic that you can't understand what someone's talking about because you can only see things one way. I think you're probably really young and don't know what the fvck you're talking about. Yes bias can go both ways and if you don't think that people were crying about Kerr getting Jacksons job and the money that he got implying that he got it because he was white, then you're just stupid. Just like people bitched and moaned over Mike Vick and persecuting him to death for all that dog shit when white guys do shit all the time and instead get sympathy and get a pass for it. And for the record, I hate baseball.

oh the horror
11-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Isn't it kind of early to tell given that one coach had a lot more time with this squad and one is about 7 or so games in?

Akrazotile
11-10-2014, 02:20 AM

Go to sleep idiot.

Muhammed Ali was opposed to interacial marriage, and you probably jerk to him on the daily.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-10-2014, 02:44 AM

ISH: a breeding ground for racist morons, and those who pretend like they don't exist.

Where did OP go on a "racist rant"? Dude has only posted once here.

Honest question: do you get pleasure race baiting on an online forum?

BarberSchool
11-10-2014, 02:53 AM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-50f9b16b/turbine/la-sp-alvin-gentry-20130118/600

Kerr's certainly an upgrade and will do better than Jackson, AG is also a great addition to the coaching staff.Son can sure put on a suit.

I'm biting that shirt/tie/pocketsquare combo next big event.

bigkingsfan
11-12-2014, 01:14 AM
They look great tonight.

sportjames23
11-12-2014, 04:17 AM
They look great tonight.

:lol

Lord Bean
11-12-2014, 04:20 AM
:lol
:facepalm

my good ness

sportjames23
11-12-2014, 04:23 AM
:facepalm

my ph@g ness

Indeed.

Lord Bean
11-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Indeed.
shaq help you

at least i am not seeing so much jordan ball licking from you lately

this good news

like my advice been work

you take advice :applause:

or maybe be cause jordan reject you face and say no sportjame i no want to put ball there i want someone else

jordan reject you :roll:

hahahahaahahahaha everybody sportjame still want mj ball but mj say no he got turn down :oldlol: :oldlol:

Bimbo Coles
11-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Wait until Bogut goes down. "Not in my locker room"