PDA

View Full Version : Denver Fans, what do you think about Brian Shaw?

Maga_1
11-09-2014, 11:07 PM
I saw at least two Denver games and the first half against my Blazers and i still don't get why this team isn't better.
Yes, they don't have a reliable superstar but still they have one of the deepest teams in the League with lots of players that can contribute.

I think Brian Shaw it's extremely overrated and doesn't balance well the squad that he has.

ProfessorMurder
11-09-2014, 11:08 PM
They shouldn't have fired Karl.

inb4 Nugz fans get mad at me for saying that.

navy
11-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Karl maximized this team to it's full potential. 55+ wins and a first or second round exit is all they have ever had in the West.

Nuggets fans and management didnt see this. They need to either rebuild and let Shaw start from scratch or accept that this team wont go anywhere.

sammichoffate
11-09-2014, 11:11 PM

inb4 Nugz fans get mad at me for saying that.I never understood why they let a coach who got Coach of the Year go that same exact year :facepalm :biggums:

el gringos
11-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Terrible. But much better than still having g Karl

navy
11-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Terrible. But much better than still having g Karl
Why?

Blingster
11-09-2014, 11:18 PM

I'm not mad.

the thing about Karl, is you knew what you were gonna get. A team that ran perpetually, didn't run half court sets, and a 1st round playoff exit.

Shaw was/is an unknown. I'm yet to see any type of offensive sets. He's preaching defense, yet gives up big points nearly every game.

I think that keeping Karl, keeps the Nuggets in NBA purgatory. No free agents coming to Denver, no lottery pick in the draft. With Shaw, at least we will get another shot at young talent in the draft.

I'd be shocked, if Shaw is still the HC at the end of the season.

Duggrr
11-10-2014, 12:04 AM
I don't know if anyone is watching the POR-DEN game, but that Steve Blake shove was hilarious :lol. Faried flopped as a result of Blake:oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
11-10-2014, 12:06 AM
I'm not mad.

the thing about Karl, is you knew what you were gonna get. A team that ran perpetually, didn't run half court sets, and a 1st round playoff exit.

Shaw was/is an unknown. I'm yet to see any type of offensive sets. He's preaching defense, yet gives up big points nearly every game.

I think that keeping Karl, keeps the Nuggets in NBA purgatory. No free agents coming to Denver, no lottery pick in the draft. With Shaw, at least we will get another shot at young talent in the draft.

I'd be shocked, if Shaw is still the HC at the end of the season.

Is that Karl's fault or the GM's fault for putting that collection of talent together? He got as much as he possibly could out of that group, they weren't good enough to actually win anything.

It's not like Karl never had any success in the playoffs...

navy
11-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Is that Karl's fault or the GM's fault for putting that collection of talent together? He got as much as he possibly could out of that group, they weren't good enough to actually win anything.

Yeah, I mean yeah you could argue he should have won a series here and there, but they never were real contenders.

SwishSquared
11-10-2014, 12:19 AM
It's kinda a weird roster in that they have a lot of depth but no superstars. They have guys like McGee who are overpaid big time but they've had awful injury luck. Some guys, like Hickson, I don't see why they're on the roster. They got Affalo for almost nothing but I wouldn't be shocked if he leaves in the offseason.

I think Nurkic can develop into a nice starting caliber player if give time. Gary Harris wasn't a bad pick by any means, especially in late teens, but I doubt he'll ever be a superstar. With Faried + Lawson locked up now, I guess their core going forward will be: Lawson-Harris-Gallo-Faried-Nurkic. Those guys are all complementary pieces with no guy really possessing superstar potential imo.

I think they need to land another stud in the upcoming draft. If they can deal some guys, they definitely should. It's like they have too many guys. Not sure if this squad doesn't like Shaw or each other, but some guys don't seem to have good chemistry (hard to explain).

andremiller07
11-10-2014, 04:32 AM
Somewhere in Washington Andre Miller is smiling, I mean what kind of coach does not go on well with Andre Miller?

kurple
11-10-2014, 05:01 AM

Because it isnt true. We shouldnt have hired Shaw, but firing Karl was the right thing to do

I havent given up on Shaw tet, bit its not looking good

#bringbackchauncey

chips93
11-10-2014, 09:45 AM

i think the idea behind the makeup of the roster, was that if a superstar became available, they would have attractive pieces to trade for that superstar. like harden getting traded to the rockets. maybe they should have made a push for kevin love?

kurple
11-10-2014, 09:53 AM
i think the idea behind the makeup of the roster, was that if a superstar became available, they would have attractive pieces to trade for that superstar. like harden getting traded to the rockets. maybe they should have made a push for kevin love?
they did, but love wouldnt resign in Denver

thats another big problem. this roster is tailormade for George Karls athletic run n gun team, but not for Shaws defensive minded halfcourt style.

and to be fair, shaw has done a great job developing faried, mozgov and nurkic to some degree

hawksdogsbraves
11-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Sure, and might as well play exciting ball and win 50 games a year while keeping that flexibility. Better than being the 35-40 win team they are now with no real prospects but still not bad enough to really bottom out.

The Hawks are doing pretty much the same thing and I wish we'd just blow it up.