PDA

View Full Version : An observation about Immortal Technique.

Breezy
11-10-2014, 01:20 AM
For all his fans (I'm one) Anybody ever notice how often he makes analogies in his songs. It just hit me that one thing being "like" another make up about a 1/3rd of all his lyrics. Some examples.

Frontline - "I got white revolutionaries like Muslims in Chechnya","Until they **** you for millions like Paul McCartney's bitch", "My lions live inside a box like Jumanji" "Sikh ****** that'll stab you up like Indira Gandhi" "I'm like the whole library in Kemet with Annunaki genetics"

Angels and Demons - "I'm like the birth of baby Mohammed," "Bilderberg is like cancer"

Rich mans world- "I twist words like a speech impediment", "And if not then I'll fake death like Kenneth Lay", "I treat countries like the IMF, down on your knees" "Got away scott-free like El Vaticano",

The Martyr - "And realize it too late like the shooting of Huey Newton"

Black Vikings - "Back like I was locked up, putting in work "Burning through books like Nazi's in a Catholic church", "I'm cursed like Cain when he murdered his brother", "That'll make you hate the way that Allah made you to live life
Like Hindu, ****** that be bleaching their skin white"

Goonies never Die - "Little kids putting work in like at Gap and Disney",
"In the whip, high as shit like Bobby and Whitney"

Hollywood Drive-by - "Your lyrics don't hold weight
Like two-dimensional objects", "You live inside the image of an Era that's gone
Like government officials trying to justify Vietnam", "I'll leave ****** traumatized like they momma died", "Jealous bickering, industry slaves, the nerve of you Like a child prostitute born into a life of servitude", "War with the system like the streets of Oaxaca"

Watchout - "They push pop music like a religion", "***** you can't overthrow me like the island of Cuba", "******'ll never find your body, like the bitch in Aruba", "With secret deals like the Nazis and IBM" "I'll kill you and take your land like an Israeli expansion".

Nanners
11-10-2014, 01:25 AM
whoa immortal technique uses analogies? i dont think anybody ever noticed that.

Breezy
11-10-2014, 01:32 AM
It's not THAT he uses them. It's how often that I noticed.

plowking
11-10-2014, 01:36 AM
What I've noticed is that he isn't that great at rapping and he can't stay on beat. Terrible flow.

zoom17
11-10-2014, 01:38 AM
What I've noticed is that he isn't that great at rapping and he can't stay on beat. Terrible flow.

Yet drake is legit:roll:

NBAplayoffs2001
11-10-2014, 03:02 AM
I liked him until I found one line of his lyrics in a song that was completely inaccurate and offended me.

plowking
11-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Yet drake is legit:roll:

Drake>Immortal Technique.

Drake can stay on beat, has a great flow, decent lyrics.

You probably hate him because hes "soft' right? Weren't Mobb Deep a bunch of ballerinas? How about 2Pac being a back up dancer at one point? They're real though, right?

NBAplayoffs2001
11-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Drake>Immortal Technique.

Drake can stay on beat, has a great flow, decent lyrics.

You probably hate him because hes "soft' right? Weren't Mobb Deep a bunch of ballerinas? How about 2Pac being a back up dancer at one point? They're real though, right?

Any decent 90s rapper > both of them.

plowking
11-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Any decent 90s rapper > both of them.

That's a stupid sentence.

Drake is a better rapper than a lot of 90's rappers. Immortal Technique is a rapper people like because he made one good song that backpack rap fans love to hype; Dance with the Devil.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-10-2014, 03:12 AM

Drake is a better rapper than a lot of 90's rappers. Immortal Technique is a rapper people like because he made one good song that backpack rap fans love to hype; Dance with the Devil.

If I saw you as a kid on Degrassi getting shot by a nerdy white kid in the show, I ain't gonna take your rapping career serious. Just opinionated bro

plowking
11-10-2014, 03:29 AM
If I saw you as a kid on Degrassi getting shot by a nerdy white kid in the show, I ain't gonna take your rapping career serious. Just opinionated bro

I'm guessing you like 2pac despite him doing the Humpty Dumpty dance? How about Mobb Deep and their tap dancing selves?

Bless Mathews
11-10-2014, 03:30 AM
When he inhales to catch his breath between raps, he makes a wheezing, high pitch sound.

Trip on dat.

RidonKs
11-10-2014, 10:39 AM
similes. most of hip hop lyrics and rock lyrics especially is an analogy in some way; which is nothing more than a comparison.

immortal technique has all the vernacular in the world but yeah, he's not very creative in his structure. which is why he overuses "like"

PHX_Phan
11-10-2014, 11:21 AM

I get what you're saying, but is hype really the term you want to use to downplay Technique and praise Drake? :roll:

ILLsmak
11-10-2014, 01:27 PM
similes. most of hip hop lyrics and rock lyrics especially is an analogy in some way; which is nothing more than a comparison.

immortal technique has all the vernacular in the world but yeah, he's not very creative in his structure. which is why he overuses "like"

The problem I have with similes is their format. You can do a simile without saying like. You're right about rap and also a lot of poetry. In rap it's more of a punch line where as in poetry it's an image.

Like that Redman song I posted, I like multidimensional similes like "get your hollering like marvin gaye/ when his father shot him in the chest." it's like ooo.

I can't really find an impressive simile in writing, though. Most of them are just like heh or cool. Images. the morning looks like...

-Smak