PDA

View Full Version : Bad news: Lakers won in spite of Kobe

ImKobe
11-10-2014, 03:32 AM
:applause:

Kobe had a "bad" night by his standards, shooting 35%... his overall numbers were decent (21/6/4), but the way the rest of the team was playing, they would have won regardless, Scott is a moron for playing him in the 4th, when they have another game in Memphis on Tuesday..

Kobe throughout 3 quarters exerted his dominance on the lowly Hornets team, him playing like crap in the 4th didn't affect the game at all because the other team sucked more.

But if the rest of the team can play at this level for at least 2/3rds of the season AND Kobe starts looking like Kobe....they're going to the Playoffs.

It's so early in the season and it was funny reading all the overreactions based on the first 5 games (like good teams don't lose 5 in a row...), wait until Young comes back and the chemistry goes up, Kobe's in mid-season form...this team could surprise a lot of people that have already written them off. I mean, even the Spurs are not in the Playoff picture currently, we're only 2.5 games behind the 8th spot with teams like the Queens and Pelicans being in the top 8 right now...like that's gonna last :oldlol:

Either way, this team is going to be a tough 1st/2nd round out, I will bump this thread in April.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-10-2014, 03:33 AM
1st/2nd round out:roll: :roll: :roll: LMAO if u think LA is making the playoffs:roll: :roll:

dubeta
This isn't news..

Lakers winning in spite of Kobe has been going on for the last 18 years

Get with the times

navy
The Lakers are about to go 1-7 in their next eight games.

Playoffs? :roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-10-2014, 03:34 AM
:applause:

Kobe had a "bad" night by his standards, shooting 35%... his overall numbers were decent (21/6/4), but the way the rest of the team was playing, they would have won regardless, Scott is a moron for playing him in the 4th, when they have another game in Memphis on Tuesday..

Kobe throughout 3 quarters exerted his dominance on the lowly Hornets team, him playing like crap in the 4th didn't affect the game at all because the other team sucked more.

But if the rest of the team can play at this level for at least 2/3rds of the season AND Kobe starts looking like Kobe....they're going to the Playoffs.

It's so early in the season and it was funny reading all the overreactions based on the first 5 games (like good teams don't lose 5 in a row...), wait until Young comes back and the chemistry goes up, Kobe's in mid-season form...this team could surprise a lot of people that have already written them off. I mean, even the Spurs are not in the Playoff picture currently, we're only 2.5 games behind the 8th spot with teams like the Queens and Pelicans being in the top 8 right now...like that's gonna last :oldlol:

Either way, this team is going to be a tough 1st/2nd round out, I will bump this thread in April.

:biggums:

ImKobe
11-10-2014, 03:35 AM
The Lakers are about to go 1-7 in their next eight games.

Playoffs? :roll:

They will go 6 - 2.

JT123
11-10-2014, 03:36 AM
OP actually being somewhat objective about Kobe? :wtf:
4 years ago the Lakers won a game 7 of the Finals in spite of Kobe, so what happened tonight isn't anything new. :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
11-10-2014, 03:38 AM
OP actually being somewhat objective about Kobe? :wtf:
4 years ago the Lakers won a game 7 of the Finals in spite of Kobe, so what happened tonight isn't anything new. :confusedshrug:

This is false. He was the reason they had to fight back in the 4th to win the game, but if he didn't step up on defense, make some key plays (Artest 3, for one), hit FTs to ice the game, Boston would have won the game. You don't shrug off 23/15 and you don't just ignore the 6 other games he played in that series.

navy
11-10-2014, 03:45 AM
They will go 6 - 2.
3-5 at best.

sportjames23
11-10-2014, 03:47 AM
This isn't news..

Lakers winning in spite of Kobe has been going on for the last 18 years

Get with the times

I see you changed you avatar again. Looks like Kobe and/or MJ stay on your mind...wait for it...#rentfree

pastis
11-10-2014, 04:50 AM
the east:lol

bigkingsfan
11-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Cue Jim Mora.

JohnMax
11-10-2014, 05:37 AM
they're going to the Playoffs

I stopped reading here

ArbitraryWater
11-10-2014, 09:55 AM