PDA

View Full Version : Is Damien Lillard top 5 PG?

keep-itreal
11-10-2014, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC5jjPMWgKw

damn...this dude is ridiculous....

ImKobe
11-10-2014, 10:33 AM
CP3, Curry, Westbrook, Irving, Parker, healthy Rose >>

keep-itreal
11-10-2014, 10:35 AM
CP3, Curry, Westbrook, Irving, Parker, healthy Rose >>

that doesn't exist anymore :lol

BlazerRed
11-10-2014, 10:45 AM
LilGOAT! :bowdown:

Too bad we lost :cry:

T_L_P
11-10-2014, 10:52 AM
He's the best single game PG in the league. He can get so hot in the clutch.

But CP3, Westbrook and Curry are clearly ahead of him. He's in the next tier with Irving, Parker and Wall.

Im Still Ballin
11-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Yahtzee!

brownmamba00
11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
CP
Curry
DLil
WB
Wall

top 3 for me

dannywpt
11-10-2014, 11:22 AM
CP
Curry
DLil
WB
Wall

top 3 for me

Yeah... Westbrook outscored Lillard 26-0 in the first half when they matched up this season.

Saying Lillard is better than Westbrook is straight hating or complete lack of bball knowledge

Magic731
11-10-2014, 11:29 AM
I really don't see any argument for Lillard over Westbrook.

navy
11-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Westbrook
CP3
Curry

Lillard
Irving
Parker
Wall

no order

EricGordon23
11-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Westbrook
Cp3
Curry
Parker
Wall

Lillard might crack it this year though. Dude takes some really bad shots though

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-10-2014, 11:45 AM
No but hes right there

CP3
Steph
Westbrook
Wall
Kyrie
Lillard
Conley
Lowry
Dragic
Parker

NattyPButter
11-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Overrated as ****...dude still has a low amount of assist and is around a bunch of good shooters. He chucks 3's but makes a decent amount of them, but still has a horrible FG% and is on his 3rd year. Top 5 my ass. If he wasn't on that Portland team you would all be looking at him just like you look at Kimba.

bizil
11-10-2014, 06:10 PM
I would roll with:

CP3
Curry
Westbrook
Parker
Rondo

Of course Rose would be in my top 5 EASILY, but he's so prone to injuries I gotta hold out on him. Typically, I want my PG to be a pass first floor general BUT CAN ALSO dominate scoring. That's why CP3 for me is the best PG in the world. There aren't many PG's like that anymore and they're becoming a dying breed. Even though Rondo can't score like CP3, he's still a pass first PG and great defender. So I gotta have Rondo in my top five. But Lillard, Irving, and Wall are right there in my book and have a case in the top five. Of those three though, I actually prefer Wall right now in terms of what I like in a PG.

bagelred
11-10-2014, 06:11 PM
There are so many great PG's nowadays, I have about 20 of them in my Top 5.

noob cake
11-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Overrated as ****...dude still has a low amount of assist and is around a bunch of good shooters. He chucks 3's but makes a decent amount of them, but still has a horrible FG% and is on his 3rd year. Top 5 my ass. If he wasn't on that Portland team you would all be looking at him just like you look at Kimba.

For some reason, people never bring up Lillard's....

Lack of efficiency, specifically piss poor finishing skills a the rim
Poor point guard skills/vision

Lillard is a fraud. He doesn't belong in the same conversation for a top 5 PG.

CP3
Steph
Westbrook
Kyrie
Wall
Lowry
Conley
Dragic
Parker

are way better than Lillard

Thomas, Bledsoe, Knight, Williams, Teague, Jennings all have a case.

Duggrr
11-10-2014, 06:23 PM

CP3
Steph
Westbrook
Kyrie
Wall
Lowry
Conley
Dragic
Parker

You have such a sad existence :oldlol:

MUGEN
11-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Damn straight. Clutch as hell too. he was weak when it came to finishing around the rim and also average at defense...he is much better now at both and is improving

and one of the most underrated things about him? He is not a ball hog. He is a smart player who understands when to facilitate and when to take over..certain overrated ass PG's could learn a thing or two from him on that front.

Inferno
11-10-2014, 06:35 PM

CP3
Steph
Westbrook
Kyrie
Wall
Lowry
Conley
Dragic
Parker

:roll:

The 'lack of efficiency' you mention didn't bring up that he has an above average 3P% and draws fouls at a reasonable rate. He had a higher TS% than Kyrie and I'm sure many more of those guys you mentioned last year.

I'll grant you the terrible finishing at the rim, but his assist to turnover ratio is solid considering he plays alongside Batum who gets PG-like assists as well. Also note that his defense looks to be improved this year :coleman:

On that note, CP3, Steph, and Westbrook are the top 3 and IDK how to fill in the rest.

imdaman99
11-10-2014, 06:38 PM

CP3
Steph
Westbrook
Kyrie
Wall
Lowry
Conley
Dragic
Parker

Wow, what a surprise. A Kyrie stan trying to make a mention of him being in the top 5 :roll:

The clearcut top 3 are CP3, Westbrook, and Steph. Wall is likely top 5 as well so that leaves 1 more spot and it sure as hell ain't Kyrie. 5-10 are debatable and interchangeable. Lillard is a winning player. So is Mike Conley Jr. Same with Lowry and Dragic. I don't know how much of a winner Kyrie is though :confusedshrug:

qrich
11-10-2014, 06:47 PM
No order, but give me Paul, Curry, Wall & Rondo are all clearly better. When Russ gets back into the game, he's there as well. You then have a battle royale after that with Lillard, Lawson, Conley, Parker & Dragic.

PsychoBe
11-10-2014, 06:56 PM
lillard completely embarassed kyrie earlier in the season and locked him down. did any of you even watch that game? :roll: :roll: :roll:

lillard > kyrie by a thousand miles. only clear cut pg's better than him are westbrook, cp3, and curry.

Smook A.
11-10-2014, 07:03 PM
At the very beginning of the season, Lillard was off to a slow start but he's really picked it up since then. Blazers have only played 7 games so im not gonna rank the PGs just based off of this season because it'd be too early. Let's see what we already know about Damian Lillard. He's obviously a dead-eye shooter and can score at will. He's also exceptionally quick and can definitely jump. Just a very athletic point guard overall. Can slash to the rim any time he really feels like. To sum it up, he can score in a boatload of ways. He needs to be more of a playmaker and sometimes look for guys more often. In the end, the only weakness I see from Lillard is his defense and shot selection. He's not a good man-to-man defender and at times he does take some head-scratching shots.

If I had to rank the PGs right now it'd look something like this...
1. Chris Paul
2. Steph Curry
3. Russell Westbrook (When he comes back)
4. John Wall
5. Damian Lillard

Dro
11-10-2014, 07:08 PM
I'd go

1. Paul
2. Westbrook
3. Curry
4. Wall
5. Rondo

DirkNowitzki41
11-10-2014, 07:09 PM

sounds like you are describing Kyrie word for word

Dro
11-10-2014, 07:11 PM

CP3
Steph
Westbrook
Kyrie
Wall
Lowry
Conley
Dragic
Parker

You HAVE to be trolling with this.....

Legends66NBA7
11-10-2014, 07:13 PM
The lack of Kyle Lowry in this conversation sucks.

Dro
11-10-2014, 07:15 PM
The lack of Kyle Lowry in this conversation sucks.
I like Lowry but to me, he's a shoot first PG, although I don't claim to watch a ton of Raptor's games......I think he's good, maybe top 10 but I don't think he's better than Lillard......

qrich
11-10-2014, 07:16 PM
You HAVE to be trolling with this.....

I'd consider Kyle, but Conley no.

Dro
11-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I'd consider Kyle also, definitely not Conley, and I like Conley...hometown kid......

Legends66NBA7
11-10-2014, 07:24 PM
I like Lowry but to me, he's a shoot first PG, although I don't claim to watch a ton of Raptor's games......I think he's good, maybe top 10 but I don't think he's better than Lillard......

Kyle is a good playmaker and still takes care of the ball very well. He always makes good decisions with the ball even when his shot isn't falling. Not to mention he's one of the better rebounding guards in the NBA. Outside of Paul, Westbrook, and Curry... There's no PG that is head and shoulders above Kyle.

oarabbus
11-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Who's ready for a terrible joke?

Q: What do they call the Trailblazer's PG in Japan?

A: Damian Rirrard

Legends66NBA7
11-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Disagree.

Conley might not have a consistent shot, but he is a good 2 way PG. He might be the most underrated PG in the league. He might not be Top 5, but he's definitely in the conversation with a host of other PG's in the league for the final 2 spots of the Top 5, IMO.

RoseCity07
11-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Top 4.

Cp3
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard

bizil
11-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Jalen Rose brought up a great point discussing different kinds of PG's:

Pass first PG's who can also be an alpha dog scoring the rock: CP3

Score first PG's who also can run a team very good to great: Curry, Wall,Westbrook, Kyrie, Lillard, Parker, and Rose. But I gotta admit, Curry and Wall have a level of passing and floor generalship better than the other guys in this category. It's getting to where I hate to call them score first, especially with their dime totals they put up. But frankly Steph is such an epic shooter and Wall is such an epic athlete that can't blame them in this new day of PG's.

Pass first PG's who aren't alpha dog quality scorers: Rondo, Rubio, Conley

U can become an HOFer by any of the three methods. I just prefer CP3 because he can adapt to any situation. And he's a great defender to boot. The most premium asset for a PG should be passing-floor generalship. Guys like that can STILL DOMINATE scoring too. But I admit that OVERALL the most valuable asset in basketball is alpha dog scoring. So u also gotta respect the score first PG's as well. So if anything, it likely can come down to taste or what at team needs. CP3 and Curry are both awesome HOF caliber PG's. They just dominate differently!

noob cake
11-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Uncle Drew

29/5/9 on 53% shooting. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

noob cake
11-10-2014, 10:31 PM
lol

Dame-fraud has never played a game as good as Irving's game tonight.

32/5/9 on 53%

Link for the Lillardstans

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=lillada01&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=32&c2stat=ast&c2comp=gt&c2val=9&c3stat=trb&c3comp=gt&c3val=5&c4stat=fga&c4comp=lt&c4val=21&order_by=pts

qrich
11-10-2014, 10:34 PM
lol

32/5/9 on 53%

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=lillada01&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=32&c2stat=ast&c2comp=gt&c2val=9&c3stat=trb&c3comp=gt&c3val=5&c4stat=fga&c4comp=lt&c4val=21&order_by=pts

Lillard wins series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW8ODmNPx34)

noob cake
11-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Lillard wins series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW8ODmNPx34)

You have confused the Cavs with the Rockets.

Even Kobe can hit a fluke shot once in a while.

Graviton
11-11-2014, 12:37 AM
You have confused the Cavs with the Rockets.

Even Kobe can hit a fluke shot once in a while.
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1971531/828155314.gif

imdaman99
11-11-2014, 12:46 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1971531/828155314.gif
LOL murdered

This kyrie stan must have memory issues.

Dro
11-11-2014, 02:33 AM
LOL murdered

This kyrie stan must have memory issues.
:lol

Duggrr
11-11-2014, 12:06 PM
lol

32/5/9 on 53%

36/10/8 + Game Winner v. Kyrie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8naevYrPcsw

aj1987
11-11-2014, 12:39 PM
:facepalm @ people putting Parker in their top 5.

kurple
11-11-2014, 12:41 PM
:facepalm @ people putting Parker in their top 5.
i was coming to say :facepalm at anyone not having parker in their top3

dannywpt
11-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Top 3 in no order:

Westbrook
Paul
Curry

Not debatable.

Rest of top 5, pick 2 of these, in no order:

Parker
Wall
Irving
Lillard
maybe Rondo
maybe Conley

Intentionally left out Rose, can join both groups at some time during the season. If Dragic hits last seasons form, he joins Rondo/Conley in the maybe

Debatable.

aj1987
11-11-2014, 01:01 PM
How is Parker better than CP3, Curry, and Westbrook? Not to mention Wall, and Kyrie. Dude is among the most overrated players in the league. Healthy Rose and Rondo > Parker as well.

TheNaturalWR
11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
CP3, Westbrook, and Curry are the top 3. Rose when healthy and John Wall round up the top 5.

Victoire
11-12-2014, 07:47 AM

Same !

Victoire
11-12-2014, 07:48 AM
How is Parker better than CP3, Curry, and Westbrook? Not to mention Wall, and Kyrie. Dude is among the most overrated players in the league. Healthy Rose and Rondo > Parker as well.

Watch last game to know why, for exemple, Parker>curry.

aj1987
11-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Watch last game to know why, for exemple, Parker>curry.
:biggums:

One game? Parker is averaging 19/2/5 with ZERO blocks and steals on 60% TS. Curry is averaging 26/6/7/3 on 62% TS. :facepalm

Victoire
11-12-2014, 04:37 PM
:biggums:

One game? Parker is averaging 19/2/5 with ZERO blocks and steals on 60% TS. Curry is averaging 26/6/7/3 on 62% TS. :facepalm

On six games you said! Apply your own rules!

The thing is not Parker absolutely destroying Curry on this head to head match up, like it showed yesterday, it is the way to be a leader, the winning mindset, the experience, the way to step-up your game when it is needed and not only stacking stats during less important games.

Get your head out of where it is hidden, in this shape full of stats, and start watching games.

RoseCity07
11-12-2014, 07:10 PM
A lot of people haven't had a chance to see Lillard's improved defense. Just this year he's drawn more fouls on moving screens than the past two seasons combined. He's not running under screens as much and is able to stay in front of his man most of the time. He had trouble with Westbrook but who doesn't.

The evidence is in his PER. Say what you want about PER but it's above 20. He is playing efficient ball. PERs of 20 mean you're a legit all-star. He's becoming a more well rounded player this year. His assists are up this season. The only think I'm not liking are his turnovers. He makes some passes that are ill advised.

Nashty
11-12-2014, 07:40 PM
No. He is a chucker who can't pass and is a liability on defense.

1. Curry
2. CP3
3. Westbrook
4. Wall
5. Rondo
6. Lowry
7. Dragic
8. Parker
9. Conley
10. Bledsoe

aj1987
11-12-2014, 11:48 PM
On six games you said! Apply your own rules!

The thing is not Parker absolutely destroying Curry on this head to head match up, like it showed yesterday, it is the way to be a leader, the winning mindset, the experience, the way to step-up your game when it is needed and not only stacking stats during less important games.

Get your head out of where it is hidden, in this shape full of stats, and start watching games.
:facepalm

You can bring up all that crap, but when you have a team like the Spurs, you ARE going to win. TP does NOTHING better than Curry. Keep overrating him though.

Duggrr
11-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Dame's last two games:

27 PT (10-16), 9 AST, 5 REB, 2 ST
29 PT (12-21) 7 AST, 4 REB, 2 ST

Djsonny
11-13-2014, 02:51 PM
I think we all love cp3s game but man, he is not clutch, loses the ball or misses the shot. When the game is on the line, out of all the pgs, dame is one of the best pgs. I say behind Curry. Hes good, I dont know about top 5 but when the game on the line, ill take him anyday