PDA

View Full Version : If Cavs lose and Anthony Davis puts up big numbers

JohnMax
11-10-2014, 05:58 PM
There will be alot of threads saying AD > Lebron

DonDadda59
11-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Davis has performed better than LeBron all season thus far. If he does so on LeBron's home court head to head... why would you consider that trolling? :confusedshrug:

IncarceratedBob
11-10-2014, 06:01 PM
If my goal is to win it all this year I'm taking Davis over LeBron. Davis has basically proved to me that he can win at the highest level.

Mass Debator
There are already tons of people saying AD>Lebron

ImKobe
AD through the first 5 games has been the best player in the league by a big margin

23/13/2/2/4 on 51% shooting and 82% from the line? this dude is >> anyone right now. He's had an amazing stretch to start the season.

Sarcastic
11-10-2014, 06:03 PM
AD through the first 5 games has been the best player in the league by a big margin

23/13/2/2/4 on 51% shooting and 82% from the line? this dude is >> anyone right now. He's had an amazing stretch to start the season.

New award this year - "First Five Games" MVP
:bowdown:

Milbuck
11-10-2014, 06:06 PM
There will be alot of threads saying AD > Lebron
Probably because he's been playing like the best player in the world so far this season, and doing it directly against Lebron head to head would only add to that.

And it's not like this is Kawhi or something, who has next to no shot of being the best player in the world and people are just hyping up to spite Lebron fans.. Pretty much any rational basketball fan that saw Davis play last season knew that he was either top 3 going into this year with his offseason improvement/training, or damn close to it. When you're as ridiculously gifted physically as AD and you've already shown rapid improvement in 2 seasons, exceeding expectations from #3 to #1 isn't that implausible a jump.

Doranku
11-10-2014, 06:07 PM
New award this year - "First Five Games" MVP
:bowdown:

What's a more prestigious award, First Five Games MVP or Xmas MVP?

oarabbus
11-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Probably because he's been playing like the best player in the world so far this season, and doing it directly against Lebron head to head would only add to that.

And it's not like this is Kawhi or something, who has next to no shot of being the best player in the world and people are just hyping up to spite Lebron fans.. Pretty much any rational basketball fan that saw Davis play last season knew that he was either top 3 going into this year with his offseason improvement/training, or damn close to it. When you're as ridiculously gifted physically as AD and you've already shown rapid improvement in 2 seasons, exceeding expectations from #3 to #1 isn't that implausible a jump.

This brings us more to the question of, "What would it take to be better than LeBron"? I know you won't get much legitimate discussion on this site, but I would argue even when Durant was in MVP form last year (without Westbrook), he was never as good as LeBron. I think Bron was the clear #1 in the league last year. I'm not sure what Brow has to do to be "better" than LeBron, winning the game and the matchup would be a good start. But just because Brow can tally 15 boards and 6 blocks, something leBron won't do, isn't enough to make me say Davis is the better player.

Joyner82reload
11-10-2014, 07:10 PM

The best player in the league is injured. Congrats to Davis though, he looks fantastic.

Done_And_Done
11-10-2014, 07:15 PM
This brings us more to the question of, "What would it take to be better than LeBron"? I know you won't get much legitimate discussion on this site, but I would argue even when Durant was in MVP form last year (without Westbrook), he was never as good as LeBron. I think Bron was the clear #1 in the league last year. I'm not sure what Brow has to do to be "better" than LeBron, winning the game and the matchup would be a good start. But just because Brow can tally 15 boards and 6 blocks, something leBron won't do, isn't enough to make me say Davis is the better player.

Winning.

The W word is the elixir that tangibly shifts people's opinions.

DonDadda59
11-10-2014, 07:21 PM
If my goal is to win it all this year I'm taking Davis over LeBron. Davis has basically proved to me that he can win at the highest level.

Give AD 2 perennial all stars who can still put up 20/10 and 20/4/7 past prime on a top 3 conference team then throw in arguably the best shooter ever... and there's a damn good chance he'd win at the highest level as well.

But just Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday will do for tonight :rockon:

juju151111
11-10-2014, 07:32 PM
AD will have to do way more then win a game in Nov. Let's see him in Playoffs first or win a MVP.

J Shuttlesworth
11-10-2014, 07:35 PM
The best player in the league is injured. Congrats to Davis though, he looks fantastic.
Meh, Davis this year > Durant last year.

KDthunderup
11-10-2014, 07:38 PM
We already know AD is better then Bran now, we don't need to wait until after this game to prove it.

Joyner82reload
11-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Meh, Davis this year > Durant last year.

Yep, 24/13 with 4 blocks on 58 TS% on a .500 team is clearly better than 32/8 with 6 assists on 64 TS% on a 60 win team.

Don't be an idiot. 3 blocks and 5 rebounds is not better than 8 points, 4 assists, and +6% shooting

Milbuck
11-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Come on now, this is pretty clear revisionist history.

Durant for a huge chunk of the regular season was clearly, both observably and statistically, playing at a higher level than Lebron. We phrased it as "he's outplaying Lebron" because he hadn't won anything yet, but KD was certainly the best player in basketball for several months last season.

He looked worn out and exhausted by the playoffs, and that made it even worse when he had to go against defenses like Memphis and San Antonio..

But that doesn't negate what he did in December, January, February, etc..the dude had one of the all time great stretches of individual basketball over the winter, and on a winning team without his star #2 no less.