PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard hasn't even scratched his potential yet...

WeGetRing2012
11-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Worth every dollar of the max :rockon:

Cmon Lakers

keep-itreal
11-11-2014, 02:02 AM
Rich man's Nicolas Batum

GabeIsGone
11-11-2014, 02:08 AM
will be spurs best player this season. book it.

Smoke117
11-11-2014, 02:21 AM
He's the next Shawn Marion. Depending on how you feel about Marion I guess he's either underrated or underrated.

tpols
11-11-2014, 02:23 AM
He's the next Shawn Marion. Depending on how you feel about Leonard I guess he's either underrated or underrated.

He's got way better handles, iso ability, and shot mechanics.

Paul George 24
11-11-2014, 02:23 AM
He's the next Shawn Marion. Depending on how you feel about Leonard I guess he's either underrated or underrated.

he is more big time player than marion and play lock down defence :lol

DaSeba5
11-11-2014, 02:26 AM
What is his ceiling?

SamuraiSWISH
11-11-2014, 02:29 AM
He's got way better handles, iso ability
Extreme exaggeration. And I thought the Paul George hype the last 2 seasons from Kobe / Pacer stans was laying it on thick ...

:facepalm

Smoke117
11-11-2014, 02:29 AM
he is more big time player than marion and play lock down defence :lol

Yeah...Shawn Marion has been playing lock down defense his whole career.

tpols
11-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Extreme exaggeration. And I thought the Paul George hype was laying it on thick ...

:facepalm

It's really not.. Kawhis iso ability and handles are average maybe very slightly above average. Marions are both extremely below average.

Milbuck
11-11-2014, 02:40 AM
What is his ceiling?
Ceiling to me means what that player can become under 100% perfect circumstances in terms of situation, guidance, work ethic, mindset, etc. What that player would be if he maxed out every single aspect of his game. If we consider that..Kawhi's ceiling is pretty damn high, imo. People are quick to temper expectations and I don't see why, when we're talking about a player's ceiling..it's called a ceiling for a reason. In no way does it mean that player will actually reach it.

For Kawhi I think it's something like a more scoring-oriented version of a slightly poor man's Scottie Pippen. Less natural playmaking vision, slightly better scoring capability.

Odds are he won't reach it, in fact I'm positive he won't, but that's his absolute maximum potential imo. Again, if everything goes 100% perfectly in his development.

A more realistic comparison I think would be a humble, sane version of prime Artest with better scoring/shooting. Which to me is a monster of a two-way player, 20-22 ppg on offense and DPOY level perimeter defense.

He's only 23..this dude has potentially 6-7 years left to improve and when you have Gregg Popovich coaching you, Timmy D, Manu, Parker, etc to learn from, the value of those 6-7 years are taken to another level entirely.

Harison
11-11-2014, 02:41 AM
Kiwi will get the max (or near) and he is worth it.

DaSeba5
11-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Ceiling to me means what that player can become under 100% perfect circumstances in terms of situation, guidance, work ethic, mindset, etc. What that player would be if he maxed out every single aspect of his game. If we consider that..Kawhi's ceiling is pretty damn high, imo. People are quick to temper expectations and I don't see why, when we're talking about a player's ceiling..it's called a ceiling for a reason. In no way does it mean that player will actually reach it.

For Kawhi I think it's something like a more scoring-oriented version of a slightly poor man's Scottie Pippen. Less natural playmaking vision, slightly better scoring capability.

Odds are he won't reach it, in fact I'm positive he won't, but that's his absolute maximum potential imo. Again, if everything goes 100% perfectly in his development.

A more realistic comparison I think would be a humble, sane version of prime Artest with better scoring/shooting. Which to me is a monster of a two-way player, 20-22 ppg on offense and DPOY level perimeter defense.

He's only 23..this dude has potentially 6-7 years left to improve and when you have Gregg Popovich coaching you, Timmy D, Manu, Parker, etc to learn from, the value of those 6-7 years are taken to another level entirely.

I agree with your entire post.

Paul George 24
11-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Yeah...Shawn Marion has been playing lock down defense his whole career.

more low post defender :lol

Bless Mathews
11-11-2014, 03:07 AM

Great poast.

:applause:

I agree. Better version of artest.

Milbuck
11-11-2014, 03:07 AM
more low post defender :lol
Why do you add a lol smiley after every post? See one on literally every post you make. Not knocking you, just curious.

J Shuttlesworth
11-11-2014, 03:08 AM
He's the best 12/8 player you can ask for

Paul George 24
11-11-2014, 03:16 AM
Why do you add a lol smiley after every post? See one on literally every post you make. Not knocking you, just curious.

my favour :banana:

Paul George 24
11-11-2014, 03:17 AM
He's the best 12/8 player you can ask for

heat fans still mad they almost sweep by the spurs last year :roll:

tomtucker
11-11-2014, 03:44 AM
but he has scratched his head
http://giant.gfycat.com/PerkyDescriptiveBobwhite.gif

ROCSteady
11-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Will he and Duncan play well in Oakland tonight though?

Paul George 24
11-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Will he and Duncan play well in Oakland tonight though?

better question is will duncan sit out tonite against worriors :roll:

Paul George 24
11-11-2014, 07:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGaZZfy_-DE

http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141111200512.gif

http://www.morningprint.com/updata/user_img/nanna20141111200607.gif

BuffaloBill
11-11-2014, 08:39 AM
What is his ceiling?

No ceilings

Haymaker
11-11-2014, 08:57 AM
I'd prefer Kawhi to become an all around player than a high scoring offensive oriented one. He would be at his best not being the offensive focus, but being trusted to close out games.

SCdac
11-11-2014, 09:16 AM
He is really, really good.

An elite volume scorer? eh probably not.

Doesn't matter, he doesn't need to be to be considered awesome.

So many will get caught up in talking #'s in this thread but it ain't about numbers. He's got natural skill, he's a gamer through and through.

Not just any young player earns Pop's, Duncan's, Manu's, and Parker's trust.

PsychoBe
11-11-2014, 09:22 AM
these are the same type of people who would say gilbert arenas in his third season wouldn't amount to anything before he began averaging 28+ points a game :facepalm

just sit back and enjoy the show and don't embarrass yourself.

SCdac
11-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Spurs were lucky to snag him from IND for G Hill, imo. He was projected to go higher.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/05/18/consensus.mock.draft/

Budadiiii
11-11-2014, 09:25 AM
He is really, really good.

An elite volume scorer? eh probably not.

Doesn't matter, he doesn't need to be to be considered awesome.

So many will get caught up in talking #'s in this thread but it ain't about numbers. He's got natural skill, he's a gamer through and through.

Not just any young player earns Pop's, Duncan's, Manu's, and Parker's trust.
But how much better can he get? He doesn't have the intelligence to know how to improve his game.

SCdac
11-11-2014, 09:39 AM
But how much better can he get? He doesn't have the intelligence to know how to improve his game.

He already has improved and continues to improve, so that flies in the face of your statement. At his best, I could see him making an AS game or two like Sean Elliott, Shawn Marion, Luol Deng, etc.

T_L_P
11-11-2014, 10:22 AM
I see quite a bit of Sean Elliott in him.

Obviously he's a much better defender (though prime Elliott is always underrated in this department), but they were both average-to-good at almost everything offensively.

But I'll say it again: Kawhi won't even average 20 PPG in a season. That doesn't mean he won't have a tremendous impact on the floor; that's just what it is. His peak statistically will be something like 17/8/2.5 on good shooting and great D.

SaS820
01-10-2016, 08:36 PM

Bump and bow:bowdown: