PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving smoking pot celebration

Knicksfever2010
11-11-2014, 08:52 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/cavs-love-irving-handshake-mimic-smoking-marijuana-article-1.2006313

navy
11-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Maybe.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Love was lookin around to check if anyone was lookin:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
11-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Love probably smoked hella dank in Cali during his UCLA days, he coming back for that kush next year.

bagelred
11-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Adam Silver is gonna fine the shit out of them...UNLESS they were in Colorado. Then, no fine.

DukeDelonte13
11-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Hopefully Kyrie and K-Love have been bonding over blunts. Good way to build chemistry.

SCdac
11-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Who doesn't smoke? Hell our president was a pot head in college

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Who doesn't smoke? Hell our president was a pot head in college
Reported

Budadiiii
11-11-2014, 09:45 AM
This is exactly how I feel about "pot" and the people that smoke the crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXNR9H8pcc

PsychoBe
11-11-2014, 09:48 AM
stern: fined $100,000, recommend players for therapy

silver: "mind if i smoke with you guys?"

Akhenaten
11-11-2014, 10:34 AM

Do you feel the same way about alcohol consumption?

Also, is that you in that vid?

Prometheus
11-11-2014, 11:01 AM

:oldlol:

Legit cracked me up. Thanks for that.

Oh and... what happened to that thread about you at the game? We had a good discussion going there.

iznogood
11-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Are you sure the gesture means smoking pot? It looks to me like Love's taking a sip of espresso.

stalkerforlife
11-11-2014, 11:35 AM
If they truly do smoke it, and on the regular, you can see why they've failed to take the next step in the league. Marijuana makes people complacent and stunts mental and emotional growth.

HOoopCityJones
11-11-2014, 11:40 AM
It was funny how they both looked around after.

Cavalier
11-11-2014, 11:48 AM
If they truly do smoke it, and on the regular, you can see why they've failed to take the next step in the league. Marijuana makes people complacent and stunts mental and emotional growth.

F*ck outta here with that Dr. Drew sh*t. It's God's medicine, gets rid of those aches and pains so these boys can play their best. I don't know how NFL players (for the most part) don't smoke during the season. That would be a nightmare.

ImKobe
11-11-2014, 03:36 PM
F*ck outta here with that Dr. Drew sh*t. It's God's medicine, gets rid of those aches and pains so these boys can play their best. I don't know how NFL players (for the most part) don't smoke during the season. That would be a nightmare.

Weed can have a negative effect on you mentally and it can make you lazy if you abuse it too much, anyone that's been through the stoner phase knows this. People who are deep in it don't even realize it.

oarabbus
11-11-2014, 03:41 PM

Yeah this is horribly wrong. If you are healthy and grounded it's not going to stunt mental or emotional growth. Weed DOES have the danger to kill ambition if left unchecked, or if you hang out with a bunch of go-nowhere lazy stoners. But if your friend group is motivated and works hard, it isn't gonna be weed that kills your ambition.

This too is wrong. Weed is NOT a performance enhancing drug no matter how much you want it to be :lol

No seriously there isn't anything wrong with a blunt from time to time (or even daily if that's your thing) and I know, I know, everyone has a story where they got really baked that one time and hit 8 3s in a game and couldn't miss. But weed isn't a performance enhancer at anything besides Halo and eating competitions :lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Love was lookin around to check if anyone was lookin:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol

I hope Snoop is part of the recruitment team.

kamil
11-11-2014, 03:57 PM
This too is wrong. Weed is NOT a performance enhancing drug no matter how much you want it to be :lol

Anyone remember Ross Rebagliati? The Canadian snowboarder that won a gold medal in the 1998 winter olympics but had it taken away from him when they found weed in his system.

Anyone that can barrel down a mountain at high speed while stoned and win gold..... deserves ANOTHER MEDAL.

Kidbasketball20
11-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Weed can have a negative effect on you mentally and it can make you lazy if you abuse it too much, anyone that's been through the stoner phase knows this. People who are deep in it don't even realize it.

In what ways mentally?

Adam Silver
11-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Adam Silver is gonna fine the shit out of them...UNLESS they were in Colorado. Then, no fine.

I'll only fine them if this makes rounds in the press.

RedBlackAttack
11-11-2014, 07:58 PM
My initial reaction was that it did look like a weed thing, but I couldn't understand why they would do that on the court in front of thousands of people in the arena and potentially millions of people watching on TV. I thought there had to be some other explanation.

Turns out, there is. It's a Movember thing, not a weed thing.

Jason Lloyd:

#Cavs clarify Kyrie/Love handshake last night. They are "sharpening the end of an imaginary mustache" at end of the exchange. Nothing else

FYI: I've seen the gif. I know it looks incriminating. But I've also seen Love do the mustache thing myself before up close. Moving on...

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/status/532311310134820865

Once again when it comes to everything with this team, nothing much to see here.

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 08:33 PM
My initial reaction was that it did look like a weed thing, but I couldn't understand why they would do that on the court in front of thousands of people in the arena and potentially millions of people watching on TV. I thought there had to be some other explanation.

Turns out, there is. It's a Movember thing, not a weed thing.

Jason Lloyd:

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/status/532311310134820865

Once again when it comes to everything with this team, nothing much to see here.

http://i.gyazo.com/d3a3020fd0d44b8e5dca37f80adcc933.png

DukeDelonte13
11-11-2014, 08:36 PM
mustache sharpening? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Cavs should have just not said anything at all.

RedBlackAttack
11-11-2014, 10:10 PM
mustache sharpening? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Cavs should have just not said anything at all.
To believe that Love and Kyrie are doing a mock "smoking weed" gesture is to believe (1) Jason Lloyd is a liar and (2) they're both total morons. Lloyd said that he has seen the "twisting mustache" thing in person prior to this clip hitting the interwebs and that it was, indeed, the mustache twist.

And, I just don't think they're that stupid. These guys could smoke all the weed they want and I couldn't care less. But, to flaunt it in the middle of the court immediately following a game when they know the cameras are on them? Doesn't make much sense.

G-train
11-11-2014, 10:17 PM
(2) they're both total morons.

Sounds about right?

R.I.P.
11-12-2014, 12:40 AM
What the big deal? They pretended to smoke pot. They are pretending to play defense for years.

BigBoss
11-12-2014, 12:46 AM
I got high AF one time with Kevin Love.

Lebron23
11-12-2014, 01:16 PM
It's nice to see Love having a personality.

DukeDelonte13
11-12-2014, 01:24 PM
To believe that Love and Kyrie are doing a mock "smoking weed" gesture is to believe (1) Jason Lloyd is a liar and (2) they're both total morons. Lloyd said that he has seen the "twisting mustache" thing in person prior to this clip hitting the interwebs and that it was, indeed, the mustache twist.

And, I just don't think they're that stupid. These guys could smoke all the weed they want and I couldn't care less. But, to flaunt it in the middle of the court immediately following a game when they know the cameras are on them? Doesn't make much sense.

I believe Llyod was just echoing what the cavs put out there and trying to get back within the cavs administrations good graces.

If you wanna believe it was mustache twirling that's fine by me. Kyrie and Love aren't rocket scientists. They are young basketball players that like to hang out and get messed up together. Kyrie has been seen many times after games on W. 6th in VIP toking up w/ teammates.

at the end of the day it's really a non issue, i just think "mustache twirling" might be the funniest thing i've heard in reference to a joint smoking gesture.

HOoopCityJones
11-12-2014, 02:25 PM
I believe Llyod was just echoing what the cavs put out there and trying to get back within the cavs administrations good graces.

If you wanna believe it was mustache twirling that's fine by me. Kyrie and Love aren't rocket scientists. They are young basketball players that like to hang out and get messed up together. Kyrie has been seen many times after games on W. 6th in VIP toking up w/ teammates.

at the end of the day it's really a non issue, i just think "mustache twirling" might be the funniest thing i've heard in reference to a joint smoking gesture.

The way Love looked around all suspiciously as if to say did anyone see that is evidence enough that it wasn't just a mustache twirl imo.

Hoopz2332
11-12-2014, 02:28 PM

The way Love looked around all suspiciously as if to say did anyone see that is evidence enough that it wasn't just a mustache twirl imo.

:oldlol: