PDA

View Full Version : How come fans of teams aren't allowed to say they had awful calls against them?

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 12:36 PM
I really don't understand the logic. If there was bad calls against my team and I call it out, everyone pitches a fit and calls people homers. Yet when I said the Hawks were favored by the refs a couple days ago no one said a damn thing. Anyone want to explain why no one called me an idiot or said i was making up conspiracys when I said the hawks were favored?

Magic731
11-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Because subconsciously you see things different when it's your own team. Any 50/50 call you always give the advantage to your own team. When I say "you" I'm not talking about you specifically, just in general. It's the way the human mind works and however much you try to deny it, it's the truth.

kurple
11-11-2014, 12:40 PM
because it happenes to every team, in every game

ISH would be pretty bad if everyone was just btching about the refs. its basketball, refs are a part of the game

but its ok to feel like the refs fvcked your team over

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 12:50 PM

ISH would be pretty bad if everyone was just btching about the refs. its basketball, refs are a part of the game

Id be more willing to accept that if people reacted to me saying the hawks were favored the same way as they react when I say there opponents are favored. I reemphasizes what I said about people wanting you to be "fake". On this forum in particular, the more you bad mouth your team, the more objective you are perceived. So it's not really about being objective, but more so talking bad about your team to gain the approval from other posters.

Magic731
11-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Honestly it's the same situation as Parsons getting a thread when he has a poor game yet no one saying anything when he plays well. Negativity seems to make everything go round.

Dro
11-11-2014, 01:10 PM

This...and some fans do it more than others.......

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 01:14 PM
This...and some fans do it more than others.......

Id be more willing to accept that if people reacted to me saying the hawks were favored the same way as they react when I say there opponents are favored. I reemphasizes what I said about people wanting you to be "fake". On this forum in particular, the more you bad mouth your team, the more objective you are perceived. So it's not really about being objective, but more so talking bad about your team to gain the approval from other posters.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Topic's premise is misleading: You are allowed to whine. Just don't expect the rest of the world to care about your whining.

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Topic's premise is misleading: You are allowed to whine. Just don't expect the rest of the world to care about your whining.
People obviously care, but in a negative sense and only when I say the team I support weren't favored. If people really don't want to hear people whine about the refs, why do people not react the same when I say the Hawks were favored? No one calling me an idiot, no one saying I'm making up conspiracy theories, no one calling me a homer.

Droid101
11-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Uh, you do it during every single Hawks game, which is why you get called on it.

Sometimes, your team just ****ing lost. Get over it.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2014, 01:28 PM
People obviously care, but in a negative sense and only when I say the team I support weren't favored. If people really don't want to hear people whine about the refs, why do people not react the same when I say the Hawks were favored? No one calling me an idiot, no one saying I'm making up conspiracy theories, no one calling me a homer.
I can't recall you ever talking about all the unfair calls in a game for the Hawks. But assuming that you have done this, think about this: Lots of people have asked, "Who farted?" No one ever asks who didn't.

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Uh, you do it during every single Hawks game, which is why you get called on it.

Sometimes, your team just ****ing lost. Get over it.
No I don't. I've done it twice because we were screwed by the refs. Yet when I say the Hawks were favored a couple days ago, (which they were like a 35-11 FT spread I think? That doesn't just happen) no one calls me an idiot, homer, or conspiracy theorist.

Like I said, it's more so about bad mouthing your team to gain the "objective" tag and approval of other posters than ACTUALLY BEING OBJECTIVE.

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 01:44 PM
I can't recall you ever talking about all the unfair calls in a game for the Hawks. But assuming that you have done this, think about this: Lots of people have asked, "Who farted?" No one ever asks who didn't.
Say basically you're confirming fans calling out bad officiating against their team is a bad thing, but no one will care if you say your favored? There's literally no difference. It's whining about refs either way. But as long as you talk badly about your own team you're objective I guess.

Just an example of this. A guy like Hotlantadude is is the polar opposite of a homer will rarely ever get called out for his ridiculous statements. Why? Because he's talking negatively about the team. Then you look at for example Knicks fans who always talk about how great they'll be and how Carmelo is the greatest, people will jump all over them.

Being objective doesn't matter, talking negatively about your team = objective on ISH.

Droid101
11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
No I don't. I've done it twice because we were screwed by the refs. Yet when I say the Hawks were favored a couple days ago, (which they were like a 35-11 FT spread I think? That doesn't just happen) no one calls me an idiot, homer, or conspiracy theorist.

Like I said, it's more so about bad mouthing your team to gain the "objective" tag and approval of other posters than ACTUALLY BEING OBJECTIVE.
You are a homer. So... really it doesn't matter what you say. Everyone knows you will bend over backwards for the Hawks.

Last year every game the Pacers won you were complaining for like an hour about the refs.

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 01:47 PM
You are a homer. So... really it doesn't matter what you say. Everyone knows you will bend over backwards for the Hawks.

Last year every game the Pacers won you were complaining for like an hour about the refs.
Duck and dodge my point all day and just call me a homer because you know what I'm saying is true.

russwest0
11-11-2014, 01:50 PM
It's because stupid people have biases towards their favorite things, so they stupidly assume that everyone else does as well.

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 01:52 PM
And to add to my point, even when a large majority of the people agreed with me the Korver offensive foul on the inbound was a bad call vs the Hornets, people are STILL calling me out for being a homer. Not calling anyone else out for whining about refs because their team isn't involved in the game. So when majority believe it was a bad call, I'm still an idiotic homer who is making up conspiracies only because I'm saying my own team had a bad call against us.

No one actually cares about whining about refs as long as your aren't talking about your own team getting the bad calls.

Pointguard
11-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Wait til Cleveland comes to town...

It doesn't go anywhere, so it is useless to do it.

Dro
11-11-2014, 02:09 PM

THANK YOU. Glad somebody else remembers because I sure do......

atljonesbro
11-11-2014, 02:16 PM
THANK YOU. Glad somebody else remembers because I sure do......

Blah blah blah, duck and dodge what I'm actually saying and call me a homer because you know what I'm saying is true.

hawksdogsbraves
11-11-2014, 02:55 PM
You just keep doing you atljones, don't let the haters get you down. :cheers: