PDA

View Full Version : Durant Overshadowed By Anthony Davis

SilkkTheShocker
11-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Like I said, KD will never be the face of the NBA. Davis is already in line to be the face of the league/best player in the near future. Durant once again passed up. Passive-aggressive clown never had a chance.

dannywpt
11-11-2014, 01:06 PM
At least he's living rent free in your head, so he's got that going for him

russwest0
11-11-2014, 01:07 PM
If Davis keeps playing like this, he has an argument as #1 over Durant.

We never saw Durant's progression from his 32/7/6 season last year though.

Droid101
11-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Silk so down in the dumps about Cleveland looking like ass early that he has to go to his old standby: bring down a player who hasn't even played this season due to injury.

Never change.

Also, negged.

Real Men Wear Green
11-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Durant is being overshadowed by a foot injury. Of course Davis is getting more attention right now, he's actually playing. Stupid topic.

ImKobe
11-11-2014, 01:45 PM
rent is free

Prometheus
11-11-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't know if Durant will ever be the face of the league... but I sure hope not.

That boy is softer than cotton candy - just like his fans.

imdaman99
11-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Anthony Davis might one day become the best player in the league but it will be as a Tim Duncan type. I know there's a lot of hype around him and deservedly so, but he doesn't strike me as someone booming with personality which is both good and bad. Personality helps in marketing, where Duncan was a bore in. It's good because winning is #1 on his list.

Kobe had both. Lebron was lacking the commitment to winning. Durant is lacking in personality as well as winning, but he is young and has time to. Here's hoping AD when he becomes the face of the league by then will have a charming and winning personality.

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 02:45 PM
It is pretty ugly for the KD diehards.. When LeBron passes the torch, in, 2016? Perhaps... KD ain't gettin' it. Realistically won't have a season as "best player".

Davis will take it from there.

mehyaM24
11-11-2014, 02:46 PM
davis will be the leagues best player in 2 years. max. book it.

of course, lebron will be out of his prime...

tmacattack33
11-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Anthony Davis might one day become the best player in the league but it will be as a Tim Duncan type. I know there's a lot of hype around him and deservedly so, but he doesn't strike me as someone booming with personality which is both good and bad. Personality helps in marketing, where Duncan was a bore in. It's good because winning is #1 on his list.

Kobe had both. Lebron was lacking the commitment to winning. Durant is lacking in personality as well as winning, but he is young and has time to. Here's hoping AD when he becomes the face of the league by then will have a charming and winning personality.

Duncan being boring was also about his style of play not just his personality.

Anthony Davis's style of play is certainly a lot more excititing for the common fan.

Joyner82reload
11-11-2014, 02:51 PM
It is pretty ugly for the KD diehards.. When LeBron passes the torch, in, 2016? Perhaps... KD ain't gettin' it. Realistically won't have a season as "best player".

LMFAO

Durant was UNDISPUTEDLY the best player in the league last year. What are you going to throw out his regular season and talk about how LeBron made the Finals while Durant choked in the WCF? They lost against the same team, Durant in OT in 6 games. Meanwhile LeBron lost in 5 and his team was blown out by 15+ in all 4 losses.

ThatCoolKid
11-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Durant just wants to serve. He will be happy to have a new master.

Le Shaqtus
11-11-2014, 02:54 PM

He was the best player last season..

20Four
11-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Like I said, KD will never be the face of the NBA. Davis is already in line to be the face of the league/best player in the near future. Durant once again passed up. Passive-aggressive clown never had a chance.
:facepalm
And you wonder why after 40 years working at McDonald's you haven't made manager yet.....keep this up and you might have to start wrapping burritos at taco bell :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 02:58 PM
"Durant was the best player last season" Yet all Sports Media Outlets had LeBron going into next year as best player AGAIN.... BEFORE Durant's Injury.

From SI to ESPN.... AND in fact InsideHoops aswell.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354784

http://i.gyazo.com/58b7a21e9d3f15f1b136348b8dbcf136.png

"But but but consensus" My ass. Sure, in the regular season he was the best. But the gap in postseason was way too big.

Droid101
11-11-2014, 03:00 PM
"Durant was the best player last season" Yet all Sports Media Outlets had LeBron going into next year as best player AGAIN.... BEFORE Durant's Injury.

"But but but consensus" My ass. Sure, in the regular season he was the best. But the gap in postseason was way too big.
LOL using Insidehoops as a source. There are literally hundreds of dubeta alts voting LeBron with 5 points and Durant with 0 points out of spite.

You're dumb as shit.

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 03:04 PM
LOL using Insidehoops as a source. There are literally hundreds of dubeta alts voting LeBron with 5 points and Durant with 0 points out of spite.

You're dumb as shit.

..... And none in that thread. There's a link, clown, use it.

I know it hurts you.

It's just supposed to show that LeBron is still regarded superior by the majority, weather its a big media outlet, or something like a basketball forum.... Deal with it.

Droid101
11-11-2014, 03:05 PM
..... And none in that thread. There's a link, clown, use it.

I know it hurts you.

It's just supposed to show that LeBron is still regarded superior by the majority, weather its a big media outlet, or something like a basketball forum.... I know you hate it, but its true.
Your obsession is really, really sad.

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 03:08 PM

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

CelticBaller
11-11-2014, 03:11 PM

who was better than him last year?

SpecialQue
11-11-2014, 03:27 PM
What's worse, an injured Durant who can't play being overshadowed by a young player just entering his peak and currently beasting...

or 4 time MVP Lebron being overshadowed by this guy in the NBA finals:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F_Djc-gnmOo/U5fQ934WyMI/AAAAAAAAHaA/_KJ6nAzHuds/s1600/3.gif

?

mehyaM24
11-11-2014, 03:41 PM
lebron was better than durant, albeit not by much, evidenced by their postseason play.

that's not a response. i love when idiots like you think they have the answer, post it without any research, and then get absolutely hammered with FACTS.

grade a ****ing clowns. :oldlol:

All Net
11-11-2014, 03:45 PM
It's a matter of when not if to be the best player. It will come.

livinglegend
11-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Agreed, I don't see Durant ever being the best player in the league. Dude wasn't even the best player on his own team in the playoffs..

Solefade
11-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't know if Durant will ever be the face of the league... but I sure hope not.

That boy is softer than cotton candy - just like his fans.

^^^^

Milbuck
11-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Who cares what popular perception is or what media outlets say or predict going into the next season?

Durant was the best player in the world for the vast majority of the regular season. Lebron stepped it up and outdid KD in the playoffs and secured that #1 crown, but to act like Durant at no point last season was playing like the clear-cut #1 is just laughable revisionist history. It just happened earlier year :oldlol:

Lebron last season never had a stretch like what KD did in the winter, especially in January.

Artillery
11-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Durant=rich man's Kevin Martin

He had his chance to take down Lebron and failed miserably. Stacked team too(Westbrook, Harden) and ended up nearly getting swept.

Last year. KD looked like Russell's sidekick in the playoffs. Dude will never be the face of the NBA.

JT123
11-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Who cares what popular perception is or what media outlets say or predict going into the next season?

Durant was the best player in the world for the vast majority of the regular season. Lebron stepped it up and outdid KD in the playoffs and secured that #1 crown, but to act like Durant at no point last season was playing like the clear-cut #1 is just laughable revisionist history. It just happened earlier year :oldlol:

Lebron last season never had a stretch like what KD did in the winter, especially in January.
Kevin "Mr. January" Durant. :applause: :roll:

JT123
11-11-2014, 06:44 PM
I almost feel bad for Durant stans, as they will never know what it feels like to have their favorite player unanimously regarded as the best in the world. This will likely be Lebron's last year being regarded as the best, but he has given his fans a great run. 8 years as the undisputed best player on the planet! :bowdown: :bowdown:
I guess the news isn't all bad for KD stans. As Milbuck said, NO ONE outplays Durant in January. :yaohappy:

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 08:00 PM

Who says anything about a Stretch? Who even cares about a damn "stretch" ?

Damn son.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Not only was LeBron better than Durant last season but so was Chris Paul, arguably.

Angel Face
11-11-2014, 08:14 PM
KD was the best player last season. Lebron playing against the Bobcats, old man Nets, and no chemistry Indiana made him look like he is the better player in post season.

dannywpt
11-11-2014, 08:47 PM

Are we talking about the same postseason where OKC met the ****ing Grizzlies in the first round, Clippers in the second round and the eventual champs Spurs in the 3rd round while LeBron played the ****ing Bobcats?

How exactly does that make the dominant 82 game regular season irrelevant? Durant was clearly the best player in the league last season, counting playoffs or not.

Milbuck
11-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Who says anything about a Stretch? Who even cares about a damn "stretch" ?

Damn son.

I'm pretty sure a "stretch" matters when it's damn near an entire regular season in length :oldlol:

The shorter stretch I was referring to was in the winter, when it wasn't even that debatable, both statistically and visibly on the court.

But all in all he outplayed Lebron for essentially the entire regular season. Acting like that doesn't matter is just you and other Lebron stans rewriting what happened.

SilkkTheShocker
11-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I almost feel bad for Durant stans, as they will never know what it feels like to have their favorite player unanimously regarded as the best in the world. This will likely be Lebron's last year being regarded as the best, but he has given his fans a great run. 8 years as the undisputed best player on the planet! :bowdown: :bowdown:
I guess the news isn't all bad for KD stans. As Milbuck said, NO ONE outplays Durant in January. :yaohappy:

LOL this. AD is going to run away with the best player in the league title in the near future. Poor KD.

RoseCity07
11-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Didn't Durant have a stretch with multiple 50 point games last year? I remember he was on fire. It was better than Kobe's 40 point streak or Lebron's 60% FG thing.

NZStreetBaller
11-11-2014, 10:28 PM
KD was the best player last season. Lebron playing against the Bobcats, old man Nets, and no chemistry Indiana made him look like he is the better player in post season.

well if you compare them with a common opponent "spurs" durant beat em twice. lebron once and then ran away, so... Durant > lebron

And saying that Davis is overshadowing Durant is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. the timing is the pathetic thing.... thats like a wimpy kid saying he can smash a UFC fighter when the UFC fighter has lost 50kg and is lying in bed with cancer.....:facepalm

Fudge
11-11-2014, 10:30 PM
He was the best player in the world last year, actually. :oldlol: If he continues his reign for this season still remains to be seen.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Durant > LeBron last year and it wasn't even close. Better in the regular season clearly, beat significantly better opponents in the West in the play offs and did considerably better against us in the WCF than Bran did against us in the Finals. It's not even debatable.

plowking
11-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Silk so down in the dumps about Cleveland looking like ass early that he has to go to his old standby: bring down a player who hasn't even played this season due to injury.

Never change.

Also, negged.

You've devoted your entire time to posting in Lebron James topics and constantly posting negative shit. If anything is sad, its you.

Silk probably does this shit to get a rise out of people, and it works. You on the other hand are truly enraged by the idea of a basketball player being considered the best, you spend your entire time on here trying to tear that image down, as if it matters or something. :oldlol:

houston
11-12-2014, 04:34 AM
Durant just wants to serve. He will be happy to have a new master.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: