PDA

View Full Version : How underrated are the Hawks?

Richesly
11-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Hawks are 3-3(should be 4-2, but were robbed).

There losses are from the Raptors, Spurs, and the Hornets.

All close games. Very intense games. Hawks play just like the spurs. Hawks have so much depth, with great man defenders in Dennis Schroder, DeMarre Carroll, Sefolosha, and amazing help defenders such as Millsap, Horford, and Korver.

Hawks are arguably the best three point shooting team in the league, with amazing inside scorers in Millsap and Horford.

Hawks ALSO have three potential all star players in Teague, Horford, and Millsap.

Why are the Hawks so underrated? How far do you think they can go?

Done_And_Done
11-11-2014, 08:04 PM
They're one of the most underrated teams in the league imo. They're the type of team that can hurt anyone on any given night especially with JT running the one. I have them pegged in for a bottom half seed.

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Not very much?... It seems an Atlanta fan makes this thread every week.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-11-2014, 08:06 PM
They'll be 4-7 seed in the east.

Richesly
11-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Not very much?... It seems an Atlanta fan makes this thread every week.

On the Knicks message board, Ultimateknicks, they were calling the Hawks a scrub team and the fact we beat them back to back means they should tank.

I call that underrated. Or the stereotype that all knick fans are retarded is true.

Magic731
11-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Hawks are properly rated. Just your average, run of the mill treadmill team. They will never do any damage.

Richesly
11-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Hawks are properly rated. Just your average, run of the mill treadmill team. They will never do any damage.

That was with Mike Woodson and Larry Drew.

Hawks have a top 5 coach now, and a roster that is improving drastically.

What makes them a treadmill team?

outbreak
11-11-2014, 08:24 PM
They are properly rated. Maybe not talked about or bought up as much as they could be but to be honest they aren't the most exciting team. They are good but not good enough to be competitors.

PJR
11-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Hawks have a top 5 coach

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Richesly
11-11-2014, 08:25 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

You don't think Mike Budenholzer is top 5?

ArbitraryWater
11-11-2014, 08:27 PM
You don't think Mike Budenholzer is top 5?

1. Gregg Popovich
2. Rick Carlisle
3. Doc Rivers
4. Tom Thibodeau

5. Stan Van Gundy/Hornacek/Hollins IMO

Richesly
11-11-2014, 08:28 PM
1. Gregg Popovich
2. Rick Carlisle
3. Doc Rivers
4. Tom Thibodeau

5. Stan Van Gundy/Hornacek/Hollins IMO

Who do you think your #1 took under his wing?

T_L_P
11-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Doc Rivers

http://media.giphy.com/media/aBooMpl2faiHK/giphy.gif

Richesly
11-11-2014, 08:30 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/aBooMpl2faiHK/giphy.gif

Agreed, Doc Rivers I thought was exposed to not being that great of a coach

:no:

T_L_P
11-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Agreed, Doc Rivers I thought was exposed to not being that great of a coach

:no:

Pop
Carlise

Clearly top two. No other coaches come close.

Stan
Hornacek
Bud
Thibs
Doc

Tossup. I can't properly rank Bud or Jeff until they've had two full seasons.

AKADS
11-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Atlanta is a solid team but I think they will struggle this year. Milsap and Horford are not good enough defencively IMO

hawksdogsbraves
11-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Atlanta is a solid team but I think they will struggle this year. Milsap and Horford are not good enough defencively IMO

I agree, we need a true big man, we struggle against big front lines.

I do firmly believe that Bud is a top 5 coach, he may not really get to prove that with this roster though. I still want to blow the team up, Horford, Millsap, Korver, and Teague are among the best trade assets in the league.

Richesly
11-11-2014, 10:01 PM
I agree, we need a true big man, we struggle against big front lines.

I do firmly believe that Bud is a top 5 coach, he may not really get to prove that with this roster though. I still want to blow the team up, Horford, Millsap, Korver, and Teague are among the best trade assets in the league.

Come on man! Hawks are amazing defensively! It's the rebounding that's our main struggle and is the reason we have 3 losses.

Payne is our best rebounder, so hopefully he'll put work on the boards when he's healthy and ready to go.

hawksdogsbraves
11-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Come on man! Hawks are amazing defensively! It's the rebounding that's our main struggle and is the reason we have 3 losses.

That's what I was saying about needing another big.

I really like our team but to me it doesn't seem like we'll ever have another chance to rebuild so quickly and efficiently. We don't even have to trade everyone necessarily.

If we were to say, trade Horford to the Raptors for Amir Johnson, Bruno, and a first round pick, we could still probably battle it out for the 8 seed and still get a good prospect + a pick, plus a decent rotational big to make up for some of Horford's production.

Unfortunately, without a GM (:facepalm ) I don't know how we'll make any moves at all unless Bud hits up the phones on our off days lol.