PDA

View Full Version : It's time fire Monty Williams

tamaraw08
11-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Nobody wants to say it bec he is like the Kevin Durant of coaches.
Mr Nice guy who doesn't bad mouth anybody, a former NBA player, respectful etc etc.
Last year, 14 games under .500 with Davis and most of the core barely missing games. Well except for Jrue and Anderson.
Currently at 3-3 with ONE major victory, losing to Memphis, Dallas and Cleveland with no key injuries to their top 9 players.
With full training camp, the team is in the bottom 3rd in defensive rating.
Anthony Davis is easily in the top 5 players in the league. Bottom half in pts and opponent pts allowed.
Jrue Holiday is a very good PG.
Tyreke Evans and Gordon, good players
Anderson is one of the best stretch PFs.
Asik, top 5 defensive centers.
That's having the best 3rd,4th,5th and 6th player in the league, better than teams like Portland, Memphis, Suns, Kings, Raptors, Heat etc.

Swaggin916
11-12-2014, 01:02 AM
i thin you are jumping the gun just a tad

I<3NBA
11-12-2014, 02:54 AM
it's really such a waste because this team could be so good. a good coach would turn this team around.

mrpibb
11-12-2014, 04:23 AM
He is terrible, but slow your roll on those players aside from Davis.

ProfessorMurder
11-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Nobody wants to say it bec he is like the Kevin Durant of coaches.
Mr Nice guy who doesn't bad mouth anybody, a former NBA player, respectful etc etc.
Last year, 14 games under .500 with Davis and most of the core barely missing games. Well except for Jrue and Anderson.

Yeah, only 40% of their starters missed months because of injuries.

:rolleyes:

tamaraw08
11-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah, only 40% of their starters missed months because of injuries.

:rolleyes:

But they had Anthony Morrow who is currently ave 10/game right now.
Tyreke Evans and Gordon were still there. Bulls were still good minus Rose and Deng
Im not saying he is the worst coach. But there are decent ones, good, then very good tacticians.
How many teams out there have better 3rd,4th,5th,6th best players than New Orleans?:confusedshrug:
OKC? Portland?Warriors?Memphis?
How many players exactly are better than Anthony Davis?

navy
11-12-2014, 11:52 AM
No. Give it time.

Lebron23
11-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Free Agent Coaches

Rick Aderlman
George Karl

3peated
11-12-2014, 11:59 AM
getting a new coach mid season almost never pays off, it's better to wait until the off season

hawksdogsbraves
11-12-2014, 12:31 PM
If they miss the playoffs he'll be fired I'm pretty sure.

I don't think he's a very good coach, but I don't think he's awful. There are certainly some better options out there though, like Mark Jackson, George Karl, or Alvin Gentry. Maybe even Nate McMillan, haven't heard from him in a while.