PDA

View Full Version : Why Are LeBron, Carmelo and James Harden Suck At Shooting This Year?

FlashDwyaneWade3
11-12-2014, 05:58 PM
It isn't just Kobe. LeBron, Melo and Harden are all shooting bad. I guess LeBron can't do it without D-Wade.

Beastmode88
11-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Season just started... calm down.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-12-2014, 06:01 PM
HGH testing
players like Dirk, DMC, Steph, Wade, Bosh and Al Jeff are still shooting high efficiency since theyre so skilled

Kobe is coming off a long layoff and achilles injury in his 19th season

CavaliersFTW
11-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Because you are suck at grammar.

oarabbus
11-12-2014, 06:12 PM

:roll: `

KyleKong
11-12-2014, 06:18 PM
http://youtu.be/F_0wjFP3YsQ?t=40s

Cocaine80s
11-12-2014, 06:24 PM
LeBron looks significantly aged athletically. No quickness, bad back, dead legs.

As a result he can't finish at the rim, or even elevate on jumpers. Plus w/o Wade's attacking ability, intelligence, and off the ball pressure on defenses ... we're not going to see any more padded, selective 57% from the field for an entire regular season.

No more hounding wing defense with Chalmers, and Wade either to get steals for easy transition baskets.

LeBron's FG% the past few seasons always was fool's gold to anyone with a brain. Those percentages dropped a ton immedietly come post season when team's focus in and play actual defense.

Melo, he too his showing some physical decline. But mostly I think he hasn't found his groove yet.

Harden is getting even more defensive attention than he has the past few years, people treat him more seriously and unfortunately his 3 ball isn't falling for him. He never had a mid range game, and relies heavily on flops near the rim.
Lebron is looking more athletic every game though. If hes still like this mid December then I'll agree with you.

SamuraiSWISH
11-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Lebron is looking more athletic every game though. If hes still like this mid December then I'll agree with you.
Yea, but even if healthy the fact that the Cavs can't create turnovers with defense like Miami for easy basket opportunities, and no intelligent off the ball slasher like Wade to keep more defenders honest will contribute to an even physically capable LeBron seeing a dip in FG percentage.

JT123
11-12-2014, 06:31 PM
LeBron looks significantly aged athletically. No quickness, bad back, dead legs.

As a result he can't finish at the rim, or even elevate on jumpers. Plus w/o Wade's attacking ability, intelligence, and off the ball pressure on defenses ... we're not going to see any more padded, selective 57% from the field for an entire regular season.

No more hounding wing defense with Chalmers, and Wade either to get steals for easy transition baskets.

LeBron's FG% the past few seasons always was fool's gold to anyone with a brain. Those percentages dropped a ton immedietly come post season when team's focus in and play actual defense.

Melo, he too his showing some physical decline. But mostly I think he hasn't found his groove yet.

Harden is getting even more defensive attention than he has the past few years, people treat him more seriously and unfortunately his 3 ball isn't falling for him. He never had a mid range game, and relies heavily on flops near the rim.
Did they really? Didn't he average 30 ppg on 50% for the entirety of the 2012 playoffs? :pimp:
Only playoff run in Miami in which his percentages significantly dipped was in 2013, and that was mostly because Wade and Bosh were sucking so bad the other team didn't even bother guarding them, and instead focused 100% of their attention on Lebron. Didn't stop him from carrying the Heat to another chip doe. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Hoopz2332
11-12-2014, 08:03 PM

His back is bothering him but lebron look somewhat slow at the start of every season the past 4 years. He'll be alright he's just missing chip shots early on.

Lebron has shot 47% or better from the field since his 2nd season, again he'll be alright

http://i.imgur.com/5bST27p.png

Lebron actually posted 57Fg% last season while facing maybe the toughest stretch of defenses for a perimeter player ever in the playoffs

http://i.imgur.com/i5M2CSi.png

They always suck and have never been all that eff in high volume

NBAplayoffs2001
11-12-2014, 08:04 PM
His back is bothering him but lebron look somewhat slow at the start of every season the past 4 years. He'll be alright he's just missing chip shots early on.

Lebron has shot 47% or better from the field since his 2nd season, again he'll be alright

http://i.imgur.com/5bST27p.png

Lebron actually posted 57Fg% last season while facing maybe the toughest stretch of defenses for a perimeter player ever in the playoffs

http://i.imgur.com/i5M2CSi.png

Sure you aren't Brian Windhorst? :biggums:

DonDadda59
11-12-2014, 08:06 PM
LeBron- Playing a lot more off the ball, something he's not used to. Against the Pelicans where he had his best game of the season, he reverted back to LeBron ball.

Carmelo- He's too used to playing ISO. The intricacies of the triangle are beyond his grasp at the moment.

Harden- He is teh suck.

chazzy
11-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Huh? Harden is annoying to watch but he's efficient

Genaro
11-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Too early in the season. Even Kobe will shoot about 44%

Hoopz2332
11-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Huh? Harden is annoying to watch but he's efficient

His raw Fg% is terrible. He's not eff at all.

chazzy
11-12-2014, 09:36 PM
His raw Fg% is terrible. He's not eff at all.
Well it's a good thing there's more to efficiency than raw FG%. Stick to visual aids bro

Hoopz2332
11-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Well it's a good thing there's more to efficiency than raw FG%.

FG%, that stat Kobe stans are afraid of:oldlol: Harden's true eff shows when he doesn't get FT's in the playoffs. His high FTA and makes are masking it:oldlol: I want dudes who can flat out put the ball in the hoop with high eff:rockon:

Stick to visual aids bro

Stick to riding Kobe bro it makes sense why you're a fan of TS% but not raw Fg%:lol

chazzy
11-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Harden's true eff shows when he doesn't get FT's in the playoffs. His high FTA and makes are masking it:oldlol: I want dudes who can flat out put the ball in the hoop with high eff:rockon:
Yeah.. and when he doesn't get FTs, his TS% reflects his "true eff." wtf

I'm not debating which one is a better predictor of success in certain situations. TS% just simply tells you a lot more than raw FG% alone. It's 2014. People make 3s, players draw fouls and convert FTs at different rates. That all adds into your point total so it matters.

SamuraiSWISH
11-13-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm not debating which one is a better predictor of success in certain situations. TS% just simply tells you a lot more than raw FG% alone. It's 2014. People make 3s, players draw fouls and convert FTs at different rates. That all adds into your point total so it matters.
No it doesn't. People are awarded free throws for a multitude of reasons. Not strictly due to their ability to draw them. The ability to convert free throws, non defended attempts, is a separate category of the game for a reason. TS% is stupid, flawed and the only proponents of it are Kobe fans. Why? It causes a boost in efficiency.

Xiengqichess
11-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Lebron : no good defense , no fast break, no easy baskets.

chazzy
11-13-2014, 05:45 PM
The ability to convert free throws, non defended attempts, is a separate category of the game for a reason.
So when a game is over, are there two separate point totals? One from points from the field, and another of just FTs? Does the team who made the most baskets from the field win every game?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2014, 05:55 PM
TS% is not stupid at all. It is by far the best measure of efficiency. FG% is flawed.

eklip
11-13-2014, 06:16 PM
No it doesn't. People are awarded free throws for a multitude of reasons. Not strictly due to their ability to draw them. The ability to convert free throws, non defended attempts, is a separate category of the game for a reason. TS% is stupid, flawed and the only proponents of it are Kobe fans. Why? It causes a boost in efficiency.
I'm not a Kobe fan and TS% is neither stupid nor flawed.

Sarcastic
11-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Sample size is too low. Just like the Warriors were not gonna go 34-0, these guys will get their numbers up and not shoot poorly all year.

Hoopz2332
11-13-2014, 07:25 PM
TS% is not stupid at all. It is by far the best measure of efficiency. FG% is flawed.

Fg% > Efg% >>>>>>>>> TS%

Dave3
11-13-2014, 07:43 PM
So when a game is over, are there two separate point totals? One from points from the field, and another of just FTs? Does the team who made the most baskets from the field win every game?
Don't bother. If they're a LeBron/Jordan fan, FG%>>life. If they're a Kobe fan, FG% means nothing. There's like 3 objective posters left on this website.

Hoopz2332
11-16-2014, 08:26 AM

He's stillmissing too many chip shots but now he's gettiung back to his usual self. Shooting .490 right now:pimp:

http://i.imgur.com/5uH53FW.png

jrong
11-16-2014, 09:13 AM

Wrong. FG% tells you so much more, as long as you know what position a player plays and what his type/ role is.

A short of list of what FG% often reveals:

1. basketball IQ (high bball IQ players don't force a lot of bad shots)
2. scoring ability (high FG% players do make a lot of tough shots)
3. ability to dominate (50%+ shooters build those percentages with 60%+ games)
4. unselfishness (again, high FG% shooters will pass, not force bad shots)

High FG% players are also less likely to shoot their teams out of games because when it's not their night, they'll find other ways to contribute and end up 4/13 instead of 8 /26.

And in the case of a player like Harden, who relies on sneeze fouls to get his points, FG% is indicative of what kind of playoff performance you can expect from them, because they won't get those calls in the playoffs.

It's disgraceful that players like Harden and Melo are considered top 10 players with the percentages they shoot year-in and year-out. Harden is shooting 39%, and most people say he's the best SG in the game (then again, most people are idiots). Yet, because of sneeze-fouls, he's averaging 25 ppg. At least in his D-Whistle days, Wade still shot near 50%. (And the Rockets are still 8 - 1 (because of Howard). Dear God, Harden could be MVP. It's tragic that Howard never got to play behind a truly efficient superstar).

Hoopz2332
11-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Wrong. FG% tells you so much more, as long as you know what position a player plays and what his type/ role is.

A short of list of what FG% often reveals:

1. basketball IQ (high bball IQ players don't force a lot of bad shots)
2. scoring ability (high FG% players do make a lot of tough shots)
3. ability to dominate (50%+ shooters build those percentages with 60%+ games)
4. unselfishness (again, high FG% shooters will pass, not force bad shots)

High FG% players are also less likely to shoot their teams out of games because when it's not their night, they'll find other ways to contribute and end up 4/13 instead of 8 /26.

And in the case of a player like Harden, who relies on sneeze fouls to get his points, FG% is indicative of what kind of playoff performance you can expect from them, because they won't get those calls in the playoffs.

It's disgraceful that players like Harden and Melo are considered top 10 players with the percentages they shoot year-in and year-out. Harden is shooting 39%, and most people say he's the best SG in the game (then again, most people are idiots). Yet, because of sneeze-fouls, he's averaging 25 ppg. At least in his D-Whistle days, Wade still shot near 50%. (And the Rockets are still 8 - 1 (because of Howard). Dear God, Harden could be MVP. It's tragic that Howard never got to play behind a truly efficient superstar).

:applause:

Meticode
11-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Knee jerk reaction threads. Season just started. LeBron has turned it up the last few games. He's now out 49% FG%, 41% 3P%, 80% FT% for the season. :oldlol:

Meticode
11-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Jesus, LeBron plays 4 more minutes per game than Kobe, but Kobe shoots over 4 more shots per game.

Dave3
11-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Knee jerk reaction threads. Season just started. LeBron has turned it up the last few games. He's now out 49% FG%, 41% 3P%, 80% FT% for the season. :oldlol:
Of course. After 2 games since the thread, His shooting percentage is up 6% and scoring up 3 ppg. If 2 games can change your stats that much, maybe making a thread on the topic might be a pretty stupid idea.

Also, In b4 "LeBron wins his second scoring title AND MVP (November 2014)"