PDA

View Full Version : Can the Raptors get iggy?

Fire Colangelo
11-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Can we get him?

Should we trade for him?

His value is all time low right now, would he be effective on the raptors?

What would the Warriors want for him?

EDIT:

nvm, thought his contract is done in 2016 not 2017.

oarabbus
11-12-2014, 06:11 PM
I assume Valanciunas and Derozan aren't on the table so this trade wouldn't really work out.

I like James Johnson a lot, actually. But obviously we'd need someone else with Johnson.

barkleynash
11-12-2014, 06:34 PM
With his longer contract, I'd pass for sure. I have my eye on David West. He is exactly what the raptors need. Big tough forward, 6'9. Playoff tested and addresses a real need for the raps, rebounding and defence against other really good bigs. He is 35 years old, but wouldn't be asked to play major minutes. 24-28 minutes a game. He would basically take Handsbrough's job and snatch some minutes away from Amir and maybe Val, in some circumstances.

A first round pick and Hayes and Fields should get it done. (I really like hayes, but this might be worth it for the raps. They would be showing the fan base and the players that they are serious about contending, not just in the future, but now. The east is pretty open and this move doesn't hamstring us too much.

He has a player option for 12 million next year then comes off the books in time for the summer of 2016.

lowry, vaz
derozen, Williams
ross, jj
amir, 22 Patterson 24
Val, 26 West. 24 Handsbrough
West could act as center while paired with amir or Patterson and then slides back to power forward when paired with Val. I particularly like west vs Chicago as we can play him and val together against Pau and Noah.

Legends66NBA7
11-12-2014, 08:20 PM
I don't see what Iggy would bring to the table that James Johnson is already bringing. Extra 2 years for a 6th man at around 12+ million ?

Definitely a pass from me.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Go ahead ruin team chemistry again like what Rudy did to you guys.

Fire Colangelo
11-12-2014, 08:24 PM
With his longer contract, I'd pass for sure. I have my eye on David West. He is exactly what the raptors need. Big tough forward, 6'9. Playoff tested and addresses a real need for the raps, rebounding and defence against other really good bigs. He is 35 years old, but wouldn't be asked to play major minutes. 24-28 minutes a game. He would basically take Handsbrough's job and snatch some minutes away from Amir and maybe Val, in some circumstances.

A first round pick and Hayes and Fields should get it done. (I really like hayes, but this might be worth it for the raps. They would be showing the fan base and the players that they are serious about contending, not just in the future, but now. The east is pretty open and this move doesn't hamstring us too much.

He has a player option for 12 million next year then comes off the books in time for the summer of 2016.

lowry, vaz
derozen, Williams
ross, jj
amir, 22 Patterson 24
Val, 26 West. 24 Handsbrough
West could act as center while paired with amir or Patterson and then slides back to power forward when paired with Val. I particularly like west vs Chicago as we can play him and val together against Pau and Noah.

I feel like I need to see West play a couple of games first. Like you said, West 35 years old and isn't getting any younger. I'd much rather go for someone like Milsap (9.5mil expired) or Horford (same contract as West) if we're going after a big.

You're right about Iggy though, I thought his contract was up in 2016.

I just hope James Johnson can keep doing what he's doing, because I really hate the defensive match ups with Ross at SF.

We definitely need to make a trade to go far in the playoffs this year though. Both Chicago and Cleveland's front court will kill us, and LeBron will probably rip us a new one... though having James Johnson will help tons.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I feel like I need to see West play a couple of games first. Like you said, West 35 years old and isn't getting any younger. I'd much rather go for someone like Milsap (9.5mil expired) or Horford (same contract as West).

You're right about Iggy though, there's too much risk with him since he's signed until like 2017 for 12 million per. It would really hurt our flexibility if he doesn't work out.

I just hope James Johnson can keep doing what he's doing, because I really hate the defensive match ups with Ross at SF.

We definitely need to make a trade to go far in the playoffs this year though. Both Chicago and Cleveland's front court will kill us, and LeBron will probably rip us a new one... though having James Johnson will help tons.

West is pretty filthy. Guy has some really solid post moves and he's build like Karl Malone.

blablabla
11-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I think the Raptors want to have enough capspace to be a big player in the 2016 FA and Iggys contract would destroy that plan

Legends66NBA7
11-12-2014, 08:31 PM
I think the Raptors want to have enough capspace to be a big player in the 2016 FA and Iggys contract would destroy that plan

Pretty much.

No short-term moves. BC era is over.

Fire Colangelo
11-12-2014, 08:32 PM
West is pretty filthy. Guy has some really solid post moves and he's build like Karl Malone.

I definitely agree, I just don't know if he'll be able to push us over the top. But then again, Al Horford's been injured for like the past two years so he's risky as well.

I wanna see how we do against Chicago and Cleveland in the upcoming games first.

Yeah, I thought his contract was up in 2016 :facepalm my bad on that

hawksdogsbraves
11-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Raps fans, make me an offer for Horford or Millsap.

barkleynash
11-12-2014, 08:58 PM
The only reason I feel west is viable is that we can get him without giving up core players. Two expirers and a first round pick could get a rotation player that fills a need.
We would have to give up assets to get millsap or horford. I'm not willing to do that yet.

Even if West opts in, he still expires for summer of 2016.

SwishSquared
11-12-2014, 09:18 PM
I want to see a healthy Horford on this Raptors squad. Raptors have what is sure to be a lotto pick from NYK/DEN in 2015 draft. If they can get Horford for future picks + expirings + a young guy, then that would make this team really dangerous. Obviously ATL would have to want to blow things up in order for this to be a reality, but you never know with the ownership status in flux.

Lowry-Derozan-Ross-Horford-Val
With Amir, Patterson, James Johnson, & Vazquez as the 9 man rotation for the playoffs. Maybe close games with:

Lowry-Derozan-JJ-Amir-Horford

Horford expires in 2016 I think and since Amir's a FA at season's end, maybe Raptors can give him a massive 1 year deal so he's a FA in 2016 also. They'd have lots of flexibility that summer.