PDA

View Full Version : Food is a drug

IamRAMBO24
11-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Period. End of story. Anyone who disagrees with me is a fata*s. The reason why they put so much sh*t in it is to condition fata*ses to keep on eating out of habit. It has nothing to do with being hungry. People are addicted to food as they are to cigs. Sugar is just as addicting as nicotine, and more people are dying from eating than smoking. Ponder that last statement for second. If you are eating anything that is processed, you are a drug addict. Drug addicts get high off of a strong stimulant and they keep on doing the drug just for the high. People are eating more than they need to eat to get that fix.

YouGotServed
11-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Deep.

stay winning

Nanners
11-12-2014, 08:44 PM
this thread is going places

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Period. End of story. Anyone who disagrees with me is a fata*s. The reason why they put so much sh*t in it is to condition fata*ses to keep on eating out of habit. It has nothing to do with being hungry. People are addicted to food as they are to cigs. Sugar is just as addicting as nicotine, and more people are dying from eating than smoking. Ponder that last statement for second. If you are eating anything that is processed, you are a drug addict. Drug addicts get high off of a strong stimulant and they keep on doing the drug just for the high. People are eating more than they need to eat to get that fix.

you def have a point. been trying to cut out fast food for about 3 years now. every weekend is my last trip to wendys. then on monday, i have to stop at BK for my last chicken picken monday. then wednesday comes around and i have to have one more whopper wednesday in my life. rinse and repeat, fml.

9erempiree
11-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Obesity is at an all-time high every year because the trend is heading upwards and I don't know if there is a correlation with other factors.

I know I see less of them at the University and more at the gym, whom I don't make fun of because they are at the freaking gym.

9erempiree
11-12-2014, 08:50 PM
you def have a point. been trying to cut out fast food for about 3 years now. every weekend is my last trip to wendys. then on monday, i have to stop at BK for my last chicken picken monday. then wednesday comes around and i have to have one more whopper wednesday in my life. rinse and repeat, fml.

I know what you are talking about. There are phases in which I like to cook and eat cleanly and I don't want a bite of fast food. Then I will go on a binge and eat it 3 times a day and that is all I want to eat.

Once you get off of it, don't look back.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Shyt them im a drug addict:(

9erempiree
11-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Shyt them im a drug addict:(

That fist bite into a whopper then follow it up with a few fries and a sip of that Coke. That is heavenly.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzm7pztp0f1qg7g6oo1_500.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
11-12-2014, 08:55 PM
basically everything done with passion is a drug

f it

NBAplayoffs2001
11-12-2014, 08:55 PM
That fist bite into a whopper the follow it up with a few fries and a sip of that Coke. That is heavenly.

Don't eat that stuff lol. I stick with mostly fish,chicken,pasta :pimp:

oarabbus
11-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Sources confirm EVERYONE who eats food dies :eek: :eek: :eek:

rezznor
11-12-2014, 09:13 PM
good rule of thumb: the less steps your food takes from the farm to your plate the better. cut out all that processed shit, eat clean, and you will be amazed how good you feel.

T_L_P
11-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Everything's a drug if you think about it.

Beer, disprin, coffee, trainers, chicken nuggets, clingfilm, plants, clothes, car tires, wasps.

KevinNYC
11-12-2014, 10:10 PM
I just had some of this new specialty gourmet shit (http://www.easthamptongourmetfood.com/LENTILRICECRISPBREADS.html)

This shit is dank. Now I understand what they mean when they say loud weed.

http://www.mcssl.com/content/238624/SESAME_PINK_SALT_PHOTO_FOR_WEBSITE.jpg

rezznor
11-12-2014, 10:17 PM

Beer, disprin, coffee, trainers, chicken nuggets, clingfilm, plants, clothes, car tires, wasps.
SEX

Budadiiii
11-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Food lovers are the scum of this Earth.

Gluttonous pigs.

ROCSteady
11-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Food = the original Gateway Drug.

Keep food off the streets & outta the schools. Fckn Sloppy Joe fiends

ballup
11-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Air going to be the next drug exposed by Rambo.

IamRAMBO24
11-12-2014, 11:06 PM

Wrong.

Food is not a drug. Processed food is a drug. It is chemical based. People who over eat are eating because they are addicts. If you eat real food, you don't have to eat a lot of calories to achieve satiety. The chemicals in food are put in there for a conditioned response: it gives an illusion of hunger when it really is just a craving for all the chemicals in the food.

IamRAMBO24
11-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Air going to be the next drug exposed by Rambo.

Food addicts exhibit many of the symptoms as those addicted to drugs and alcohol, including an obsession or preoccupation with food, binge eating and a lack of control over eating. Food addicts are often criticized about their inability to say no to overeating.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/brain-activity-food-addiction-similar-addictions-study/story?id=13291191

Budadiiii
11-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Wrong.

Food is not a drug. Processed food is a drug. It is chemical based. People who over eat are eating because they are addicts. If you eat real food, you don't have to eat a lot of calories to achieve satiety. The chemicals in food are put in there for a conditioned response: it gives an illusion of hunger when it really is just a craving for all the chemicals in the food.
Well said.

BigBoss
11-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Iramble24/7 is a fat boy

Im Still Ballin
11-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Rambo you small pretty midget. Hows the beta lifestyle going?

****ing loser hahahhahah.

Swaggin916
11-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Life is a drug... and we are all addicted to it (allbeit by survival instinct... unfortunately there is no moderation only cold turkey.. actually i guess sleep is our moderation. ).

Food is most definitely a drug. One of the only ways I can keep my sanity because I spend so much time alone is to indulge with some of my meals. I always keep it balanced though and don't struggle with weight because I always make sure to get exercise and not overdo it. I'm one of those people who is addicted to things but in moderation.

iamgine
11-13-2014, 12:43 AM
I can't seem to say no to breathing air either damn.

MadeFromDust
11-13-2014, 12:55 AM
That fist bite into a whopper then follow it up with a few fries and a sip of that Coke. That is heavenly.
nom nom nom

MadeFromDust
11-13-2014, 12:56 AM
basically everything done with passion is a drug

f ittolo

MadeFromDust
11-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Food = the original Gateway Drug.

Keep food off the streets & outta the schools. Fckn Sloppy Joe fiends
We need a war on food

Le Shaqtus
11-13-2014, 01:20 AM
I disagree and I'm fit as a fiddle.

IamRAMBO24
11-13-2014, 02:14 AM
I can't seem to say no to breathing air either damn.

Definition of a drug:

a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

Air is not a drug. Real food is not a drug. The chemicals they put in processed foods make it more of a drug than real food due to the lack of nutrition and over abundance of chemicals. Real food has nutrition in it and no chemicals. It is good for the body. It helps you maintain life and grow. Processed foods make you fat and kill you. It tells your body you should eat more due to this chemical dependence. Quitting this dependence is as hard as quitting smoking, hence why it is hard to lose weight. We should be real and call it for what it is.

Im Still Ballin
11-13-2014, 02:15 AM
Rambo you are a ****ing gimp nerd

I would get you in a chicken wing and noogie your head til the friction between my knuckles and your shiny head creates sparks.

iamgine
11-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Definition of a drug:

a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

Air is not a drug. Real food is not a drug. The chemicals they put in processed foods make it more of a drug than real food due to the lack of nutrition and over abundance of chemicals. Real food has nutrition in it and no chemicals. It is good for the body. It helps you maintain life and grow. Processed foods make you fat and kill you. It tells your body you should eat more due to this chemical dependence. Quitting this dependence is as hard as quitting smoking, hence why it is hard to lose weight. We should be real and call it for what it is.
Air (O2) is a substance. And it definitely has a physiological effect when intoduced to the body. Therefore it fits the definition.

IamRAMBO24
11-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Air (O2) is a substance. And it definitely has a physiological effect when intoduced to the body. Therefore it fits the definition.

Air is excluded from the official definition of a drug.

Budadiiii
11-13-2014, 02:35 AM
What does your diet look like these days, Rambo?

iamgine
11-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Air is excluded from the official definition of a drug.
fits the definition.

dude77
11-13-2014, 03:15 PM
legit thread .. didn't they admit that they put addictive additives in processed and fast foods ? .. it's all ****in' poision .. all of it .. toxic shit .. it's really amazing how people eat that stuff everyday as if nothing .. not a fk given .. coke is so ****in bad for you but people eat that shit up ..

you really do feel a lot better when you cut it all out .. the hard part is getting there .. initially when you cut out all the shit foods, you go through withdrawals and are liable to have a relapse .. ha yep sounds similar to drugs alright .. you get depressed, have mood swings and just don't feel quite right .. but once you get through it, you're all the better for it

oarabbus
11-13-2014, 03:20 PM

Air is actually mostly N2, with some O2, H2, etc. Not to take away from the point you're trying to make with Rambo.

KyrieTheFuture
11-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Food is not a drug, there's just a lot of drugs in our food now.

And the atmosphere is absolutely a drug

Dresta
11-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Definition of a drug:

According to that definition everything is a drug. A human body can't ingest or even be exposed to anything without it producing a physiological effect.

PullupJay
11-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Isn't it cool that we need food to survive and food happens to taste good.

oarabbus
11-13-2014, 06:14 PM
According to that definition everything is a drug. A human body can't ingest or even be exposed to anything without it producing a physiological effect.

:applause:

This.

ballup
11-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Inhaled some helium today. Voice changed. Totally a drug by definition

gigantes
11-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Food is a drug
EVERYTHING is a drug, you moron.

your entitlement... your expectations... your personal activities designed to moderate and modulate your biophysical state... powerful drugs and mechanisms in the very same class.

and THEN comes caffeine, endorphin-boosting activities, tryptophan and many other things and substances.

but mister self-identified genius claims it's merely "food" without even going in to the prevalent scenerios, like processed grains for glycemic spike, salt and junk lipid to spike satiety, preservatives as a sort of companion delivery system to the former things, etc etc.

as usual with you, it's all attitude, misdirection, ignorance, and clinging to a small nugget of fact that obviously NOBODY has discovered before.

but for you it's major gospel... so you must stumble down from mt. sinai and share with the orc-grunts. bullshitting yourself all the while that it's your tiny shred of insight that ppl despise you for, and not the fact that you're a chronic blowhard that wouldn't last a minute in a real conversation.

ace23
11-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Air is actually mostly N2, with some O2, H2, etc. Not to take away from the point you're trying to make with Rambo.
:roll: fcking nerd

Repped

IamRAMBO24
11-14-2014, 12:48 AM

That's your interpretation of that definition. Saying air is the same thing as cocaine is just ridiculous. The main definition labels artificial chemicals and mind altering substances as drugs.

Air and food are not drugs because they are natural and they do not have an immediate impact on the mind.

IamRAMBO24
11-14-2014, 12:49 AM

:facepalm

IamRAMBO24
11-14-2014, 01:01 AM

your entitlement... your expectations... your personal activities designed to moderate and modulate your biophysical state... powerful drugs and mechanisms in the very same class.

and THEN comes caffeine, endorphin-boosting activities, tryptophan and many other things and substances.

but mister self-identified genius claims it's merely "food" without even going in to the prevalent scenerios, like processed grains for glycemic spike, salt and junk lipid to spike satiety, preservatives as a sort of companion delivery system to the former things, etc etc.

as usual with you, it's all attitude, misdirection, ignorance, and clinging to a small nugget of fact that obviously NOBODY has discovered before.

but for you it's major gospel... so you must stumble down from mt. sinai and share with the orc-grunts. bullshitting yourself all the while that it's your tiny shred of insight that ppl despise you for, and not the fact that you're a chronic blowhard that wouldn't last a minute in a real conversation.

Similar to how tobacco companies add more chemicals to make cigs addicting, food companies are doing the same thing with their junk foods. I'm speaking the truth homeboy. People are eating because of an addiction and not really because they are hungry. If you eat real food, you hardly ever get any cravings. You eat until you are full and you stop eating until you get hungry. Eating junk food is the opposite: you get cravings that make you eat more than you should eat. The sugar tricks the mind to think it is hungry when it is really craving for the fix.

Bandito
11-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Only a fatass would say that. Have some control of yourself fattie and stop eating those cheeseburgers.

Bandito
11-14-2014, 07:15 AM
I find thatt disgusting.

The only fast food I can eat is KFC/Popeye and I dont eat there a lot because the chicken just taste bad. I prefer to cook something myself.

Dresta
11-14-2014, 08:27 AM
That's your interpretation of that definition. Saying air is the same thing as cocaine is just ridiculous. The main definition labels artificial chemicals and mind altering substances as drugs.

Air and food are not drugs because they are natural and they do not have an immediate impact on the mind.
No it isn't: it's the literal meaning of the definition. No one is saying cocaine and air are the same thing, just that calling something a 'drug' is utterly meaningless. Two different drugs are self-evidently not the same, hence why they go by different names. That does not mean they aren't both drugs :lol .

Again, every substance consumed by the body has a physiological effect on the mind, and it's silly to pretend you can only get fat off of junk food, when you can very easily get fat off Lobster, Steak and Caviar. God, every time you eat your body releases peptides which act on the opiate receptors of the brain to signal satisfaction and satiety (this feeling of well-being is pretty similar to that produced by exogenous opiates). The problem with fat people is that they eat so much so as to throw this natural system of regulation off, requiring more to achieve satisfaction, which can easily spiral (as it changes the brain). People don't need to become addicted to fast food because they can very easily become obese from eating regular food as well (you think expensive foods don't produce similar pleasure responses to fast or junk food?- better imo). I've eaten plenty of McDonalds in my time and yet never had the slightest worry of needing more or of becoming addicted or of even caring if i never had another again, but if i was rich, damn, i reckon i could get pretty fat quick on fine dining.

People were fat before the use of chemicals and preservatives in food you know, but the reason we are so much fatter today is mainly the severely low levels of activity of most people. People used to spend most of their waking hours on their feet, now they spend it on their asses eating chips. You can eat pretty neglectfully and still remain healthy and in shape provided you don't spend the bulk of the day on your arse.

Your whole thinking about the consumption of things 'natural' and 'artificial' with one being good and the other bad is completely off-base scientifically. There are lots of very nasty 'natural' things and plenty of very helpful and useful 'artificial' things. This is a common hipsterish misconception that would be best avoided.

There is so much nonsense floating around there when it comes to food and what you should and should not eat that it gets hard to believe anything, so just accept that the principle of moderation is a good one, and try to stick to it.

sundizz
11-14-2014, 09:36 AM
As an addict I came say that OP is a fckn idiot. Also, all you people that just eat "healthy" food are idiots too.

All that TRULY matter is how much you eat - within reason. Look up telomeres + rhesus monkey low calorie + okinawa diet

Person A:
Eats white bread, pasta, white rice, has the occasional soda, eats popcorn at the movies, enjoys pizza now and again, eats burritos with regular tortillas, has hamburgers here and there BUT eats on average 1800 calories a day (5'10 male) will definitely live longer and be healthier than "healthy" Person B below. Only exercise is walking + 1x a week hard hoops.

Person B:
Eats fish, brown rice, vegetables, eggs, meat, and the occasional fruit. Works out hella hard everyday and looks in amazing Spartacus shape. Eats 2900 calories a day.

By health I mean (say everything else such as genetics, etc is the same):
1. How long you will live.
2. To what age you could play basketball hard 1x a week.
3. How "good" your body feels from ages 27 to 80.
4. Your look.

1-10 ratings

Person A:
1. 10
2. 10
3. 10
4. 2

Person B:
1. 5
2. 7
3. 7
4. 10

Honestly, I'm a fckin idiot too but it is important to believe in something. I see from first-hand experience the effect of low calorie diets + not getting too buff or too fat. In Asia, there are soo many 75+ old people that are so full of life. They can easily squat to the floor, pick up stuff, go hiking, have energy all day etc. They have terrible "healthy" habits such as drinking alcohol often, eating meat often, eating white rice often, eating noodles often etc etc. However, even though they do all this they normally don't consume that many calories overall. I really believe that this is the key to a long life. All the healthy stuff does make you feel better, but I've gotten in the best shape of my life not by restricting what I eat, but rather the quantity of what I eat. Of course, a huge bowl of salad that is 300 calories is more legit than 1 slice of pizza. You start eating healthier foods because they give you so much more actual food you can put in your mouth for the same calories.

gigantes
11-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Similar to how tobacco companies add more chemicals to make cigs addicting, food companies are doing the same thing with their junk foods. I'm speaking the truth homeboy. People are eating because of an addiction and not really because they are hungry. If you eat real food, you hardly ever get any cravings. You eat until you are full and you stop eating until you get hungry. Eating junk food is the opposite: you get cravings that make you eat more than you should eat. The sugar tricks the mind to think it is hungry when it is really craving for the fix.
similar to how you typically understand very little upon the nature of rebuttals... leading to your usual panic... leading to you manufacturing a false analogy in order to hope that one more person takes your shit a bit more seriously?

yea... similar to that, dude.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Food is a drug 11-14-2014 08:08 AM learn to think - dresta
i know you, dresta (if that is you)... but you can do much better than that, motherf-cker.

godammit, where is that ISH class about how to neg properly...?!

gigantes
11-14-2014, 06:31 PM
As an addict I came say that OP is a fckn idiot. Also, all you people that just eat "healthy" food are idiots too.

All that TRULY matter is how much you eat - within reason. Look up telomeres + rhesus monkey low calorie + okinawa diet...
you are an informed man by your first two sentences and a blooming idiot because of the third... but then you salvage it rather well in the fourth quarter.

post-game question-- WTF led you to believe that quantity of food is a significant component of health? i mean, one could eat a 1K-calorie diet and be filling themselves up with absolute health-destroying, preservative crap.

those with stress typically display it around their organs. those on the other end earn a bias for looking beefy.

JEFFERSON MONEY
11-14-2014, 07:10 PM
you are an informed man by your first two sentences and a blooming idiot because of the third... but then you salvage it rather well in the fourth quarter.

post-game question-- WTF led you to believe that quantity of food is a significant component of health? i mean, one could eat a 1K-calorie diet and be filling themselves up with absolute health-destroying, preservative crap.

those with stress typically display it around their organs. those on the other end earn a bias for looking beefy.

yep and read thsi thread for verification http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/53381-can-you-build-muscle-while-on-a-very-low-calorie-diet-how-low-can-one-go-to-build-or-maintain-muscles/

DeuceWallaces
11-14-2014, 07:25 PM
If Rambo spent half as much time exercising or learning to cook as he did pontificating processed food and nutrition he wouldn't be a fat ****.

ROCSteady
11-14-2014, 07:46 PM
If Rambo spent half as much time exercising or learning to cook as he did pontificating processed food and nutrition he wouldn't be a fat ****.

Rambo livin rent free in your jungle forest

RidonKs
11-14-2014, 07:59 PM
by your standard of 'drug', you can say the same thing about shopping, video games, the internet, gambling, etc etc. yet you would probably reject the label drug on any of those. i think you're redefining a term and then working on the assumption that everybody else has the wrong definition. which is a little silly.

oh look at that, this thread is longer than i thought and everybody already knows what i just wrote.

sundizz
11-14-2014, 10:57 PM

I started believing it when I left the US and traveled/lived outside the US. I frequently see 70+ year old men and women with amazing energy, flexibility, limb strength, and passion for life. And I'm not talking 5-10% of the people that age....I'm talking 60%+ of the entire population. Out here in Korea most people that age or above are still very very active. They don't have hip problems, knee problems, walking up hills, down hill, etc problems.

As someone that loves research I spent a lot of time trying to understand it. I realized a large part of it is just that they have a much more active lifestyle. Everyone of every age walks a lot everyday simply because of the size of the country. There is no need to get in a car to go most places...it is just faster and easier to take subways (tons of stairs) etc.

Secondly, I realized that similar to my parents, they eat a generally low calorie lifestyle. It is wild how much desert people eat out here - Baskin Robbins is always poppin. However, people eat like a pint of ice cream with 4 other people at the same time and enjoy it (maybe ~200 calories per person).

This article kind of summarizes my thoughts. There is a lot of other stuff that I've read about/thought about/experienced that shapes my view.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11Calories-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And I completely agree - there are people everywhere that eat low calorie diets that eat utter crap all the time. They may be healthy in some senses; not overweight, live long, etc but I'd say their quality of life is much lower. I think that the ideal middle ground is enjoying all of life's food, but simply in a measured moderation. Working out is great but if you are over exerting yourself all the time it definitely will shorten your life. Every time your cell divides the telomeres shorten..essentially leading to eventual cell death. If you go crazy with exercising all the time you are simply speeding up that process by forcing cell division at an accelerated rate. Again, this is not necessarily "proved" (maybe it is/isn't) but it just seems logical to me.

Otherwise, all these super athletes would be living long. However, football players, marathon runners, NBA players, etc etc all seem to die much younger/have more problems than Japanese people living on a simple Okinawa diet.

IamRAMBO24
11-15-2014, 12:56 AM
I started believing it when I left the US and traveled/lived outside the US. I frequently see 70+ year old men and women with amazing energy, flexibility, limb strength, and passion for life. And I'm not talking 5-10% of the people that age....I'm talking 60%+ of the entire population. Out here in Korea most people that age or above are still very very active. They don't have hip problems, knee problems, walking up hills, down hill, etc problems.

As someone that loves research I spent a lot of time trying to understand it. I realized a large part of it is just that they have a much more active lifestyle. Everyone of every age walks a lot everyday simply because of the size of the country. There is no need to get in a car to go most places...it is just faster and easier to take subways (tons of stairs) etc.

Secondly, I realized that similar to my parents, they eat a generally low calorie lifestyle. It is wild how much desert people eat out here - Baskin Robbins is always poppin. However, people eat like a pint of ice cream with 4 other people at the same time and enjoy it (maybe ~200 calories per person).

This article kind of summarizes my thoughts. There is a lot of other stuff that I've read about/thought about/experienced that shapes my view.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11Calories-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And I completely agree - there are people everywhere that eat low calorie diets that eat utter crap all the time. They may be healthy in some senses; not overweight, live long, etc but I'd say their quality of life is much lower. I think that the ideal middle ground is enjoying all of life's food, but simply in a measured moderation. Working out is great but if you are over exerting yourself all the time it definitely will shorten your life. Every time your cell divides the telomeres shorten..essentially leading to eventual cell death. If you go crazy with exercising all the time you are simply speeding up that process by forcing cell division at an accelerated rate. Again, this is not necessarily "proved" (maybe it is/isn't) but it just seems logical to me.

Otherwise, all these super athletes would be living long. However, football players, marathon runners, NBA players, etc etc all seem to die much younger/have more problems than Japanese people living on a simple Okinawa diet.

So you researched longetivity and health and you are still advocating eating all the sh*t they put in the foods in america?

You're an idiot. Period.

The reason why the asian diet is much healthier is because they don't put all the chemical sh*t we put in our food. The countries that do this get fatter and unhealthier. Moderation is complete bullsh*t when it comes to health simply because if you do what is healthy to any extreme, guess what, you will be healthier. Overeat on foods and vegetables = healthier. Overdo it on exercise = extremely healthy.

I can't believe you actually researched this sh*t, traveled to different countries to do an empirical study, and yet you sound as dumb as the guys who say air is the same thing as crack cocaine.

IamRAMBO24
11-15-2014, 01:22 AM
by your standard of 'drug', you can say the same thing about shopping, video games, the internet, gambling, etc etc. yet you would probably reject the label drug on any of those. i think you're redefining a term and then working on the assumption that everybody else has the wrong definition. which is a little silly.

oh look at that, this thread is longer than i thought and everybody already knows what i just wrote.

What are you talking about? I clearly defined what my definition of a drug is. The other guys are multilating the definition to include dumb sh*t like air and jerking off. There are certain characteristics that define a drug:

1. It is an artificial chemical that alters the mind and body.

2. It is a mind altering substance.

Take pot for example, although it is a natural substance, it takes the characteristic of #2 that makes it a drug. Air is natural, but I doubt you would get high off of it the same way you would with crack. Addiction to videogames is nothing more than a habit. It is not a drug. Just because you like to do something it does not mean it is a drug. I am using the official definition used by law enforcement officers and the FDA. You guys are just attacking the definition because you don't have the balls to take on the crux of my argument.

sundizz
11-15-2014, 01:25 AM
So you researched longetivity and health and you are still advocating eating all the sh*t they put in the foods in america?

You're an idiot. Period.

The reason why the asian diet is much healthier is because they don't put all the chemical sh*t we put in our food. The countries that do this get fatter and unhealthier. Moderation is complete bullsh*t when it comes to health simply because if you do what is healthy to any extreme, guess what, you will be healthier. Overeat on foods and vegetables = healthier. Overdo it on exercise = extremely healthy.

I can't believe you actually researched this sh*t, traveled to different countries to do an empirical study, and yet you sound as dumb as the guys who say air is the same thing as crack cocaine.

I don't know why you get so offended - must be fat.

The reason the asian diet is healthier is because they eat less overall calories and they eat significantly less processed food. Where did I say anything that relates to chemicals in food? Eating processed food is of course unhealthy...does that really need to be explicitly stated?

However, if you hand make a pizza (like I do) it still doesn't mean it is healthy if you consume the whole thing (~3,000 calories) in a day.

Also, overexercise does not mean you are "extremely healthy". You may be able to run fast, swim a long time, or succeed at a sport. However, it is exhausting your body at a much faster rate. How does this simple logic not make sense to you? Your aging is very much related to the length of your telomeres.

Quotes:

One of the central mechanisms responsible for the aging of cells is the shortening of telomeres. Telomeres are repetitive DNA sequences at the ends of chromosomes which act as protective caps. Every time a cell divides, its chromosomes undergo a doubling process so that the two daughter cells receive equal amounts of DNA. During the DNA replication and the separation of the newly formed chromosomes, small chunks of DNA are trimmed off at the end of the chromosomes. By having protective telomere caps, the shortening process only affects the telomeres and not the essential gene-encoding parts of the chromosome.

There is a caution however, for more or harder exercise is not always better. And leukocytes are not the only relevant cells to consider. Earlier studies indicate that too strenuous or prolonged exercise can lead to serious depletion of telomerase in muscle satellite cells.

Under conditions of hard exercise satellite cells can be forced into multiple rounds of duplication and differentiation leading to telomere shortening. The 2003 publication Athletes with exercise-associated fatigue have abnormally short muscle DNA telomeres tells the story.

IamRAMBO24
11-15-2014, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=sundizz]I don't know why you get so offended - must be fat.

The reason the asian diet is healthier is because they eat less overall calories and they eat significantly less processed food. Where did I say anything that relates to chemicals in food? Eating processed food is of course unhealthy...does that really need to be explicitly stated?

However, if you hand make a pizza (like I do) it still doesn't mean it is healthy if you consume the whole thing (~3,000 calories) in a day.

Also, overexercise does not mean you are "extremely healthy". You may be able to run fast, swim a long time, or succeed at a sport. However, it is exhausting your body at a much faster rate. How does this simple logic not make sense to you? Your aging is very much related to the length of your telomeres.

Quotes:

One of the central mechanisms responsible for the aging of cells is the shortening of telomeres. Telomeres are repetitive DNA sequences at the ends of chromosomes which act as protective caps. Every time a cell divides, its chromosomes undergo a doubling process so that the two daughter cells receive equal amounts of DNA. During the DNA replication and the separation of the newly formed chromosomes, small chunks of DNA are trimmed off at the end of the chromosomes. By having protective telomere caps, the shortening process only affects the telomeres and not the essential gene-encoding parts of the chromosome.

There is a caution however, for more or harder exercise is not always better. And leukocytes are not the only relevant cells to consider. Earlier studies indicate that too strenuous or prolonged exercise can lead to serious depletion of telomerase in muscle satellite cells.

Under conditions of hard exercise satellite cells can be forced into multiple rounds of duplication and differentiation leading to telomere shortening. The 2003 publication Athletes with exercise-associated fatigue have abnormally short muscle DNA telomeres tells the story.

Dresta
11-15-2014, 10:11 AM
similar to how you typically understand very little upon the nature of rebuttals... leading to your usual panic... leading to you manufacturing a false analogy in order to hope that one more person takes your shit a bit more seriously?

yea... similar to that, dude.

i know you, dresta (if that is you)... but you can do much better than that, motherf-cker.

godammit, where is that ISH class about how to neg properly...?!
That wasn't me mutherf-cker.

MadeFromDust
11-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Isn't it cool that we need food to survive and food happens to taste good.
I just had a profound :lightbulb: moment. Thank ewe :cheers:

waseem780
11-15-2014, 11:47 AM
1. I wasn't talking about pizza. That's not healthy. I don't care how many calories you eat: if you are eating healthy, you will still lose weight. Why? Because of satiety. Real foods are filling and nutritious. You won't experience any cravings that make you want more. You eat until you are full and you stop. This is why people who eat healthy tend to lose weight. Simple logic.

2. Sure aside from injury, exercise is good overall. Physical freaks like Lebron and Jordan are hardly "hurting" themselves by being more physically active, in fact, it is the opposite. They are conditioning their bodies to be more immune to disease and overcome pain, so I don't see how exercising beyond moderation hurts a person. The facts speak for themselves: athletes are by far healthier than the average population who exercise (or not at all) in moderation.
By real foods do you mean "not fast food" or 100% local grown veggies/fruit/meat?

MadeFromDust
11-15-2014, 02:37 PM
By real foods do you mean "not fast food" or 100% local grown veggies/fruit/meat?He prolly means dog on a pit

OP is a retart

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 02:41 PM
He prolly means dog on a pit

OP is a retart
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/PoendYt_ZJ0/0.jpg