PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Anarchy - Season 7 Epsidoe 10 - Faith and Despondency

dkmwise
11-12-2014, 09:04 PM
This season has been so frustrating it's finally nice to see one of Jax's plans come together. Not sure if anyone else kept thinking this too, but in past season Jax's comes up with these incredible strategies and plans and they all work out perfect to wrap up the season. This year every move he made not only didn't work, but was just dumb and you could tell it wouldn't work, they didn't even seem like they were trying. So it was nice last night to finally see everything come together for them.

Also had been wondering when the big secret about Tara would be revealed, I figured not till the final episode so will be interesting to see what happens in the next 3 and how quickly that gets resolved with Gemma.

dkmwise
11-12-2014, 10:37 PM
season has been up and down, the big moments have been great and theres been quite a few of them. but outside of that, its been so so

episode 10 probably had one of the best tv revenge moments

i see some parallels to the shield, I think in the series finale, all shit is going to hit the fan.

Also, nero is fvcked!! nothing ever good happens to a guy who is moments away from a happy retirement, especially from the lifestyle he lived. He dead lol

they did a good job in how they revealed the black cloud thats been hovering over the last couple of episodes (abel knowing about Tara).
Something big/tragic is going to go down between jax-gemma-nero

Yeah Nero is definitely in trouble, he'll probably leave with Gemma and then Jax will want to find her and he'll get caught in the middle of the 2 of them with only good intentions.

Every episode I think Rat is going to get killed because they keep actually developing his character and in other shows they'll give a background character some good stuff like that right before they kill them.

hat was with the end with Tig and that chick/dude, it was such a waste of 5 minutes with them barely talking. I feel like some of the story line is really sped up to fit everything in and then other moments of jax and chibs sitting around chatting for 10 minutes is unnecessary.

I agree that the reveal was good coming from Abel

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-13-2014, 12:33 AM
i crack up everytime chibs and the cop have a sex scene. almost more awkward than tig and the tranny.

well n/m that, just seen the 5 min scene with venus and tig. :facepalm

outbreak
11-13-2014, 12:37 AM
This shows honestly one of the worst on television right now. I'm only still watching because it's ending soon.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-13-2014, 12:38 AM
This shows honestly one of the worst on television right now. I'm only still watching because it's ending soon.
seriously. nobody gives a fck about venus and tig. what was the point in all that?

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-13-2014, 12:40 AM
do you guys think jax would be okay with tully "rapping" juice? i don't think he knows...

Patrick Chewing
11-13-2014, 02:03 AM
I think Kurt Sutter is a psychotic individual. He writes such a violent show and forces the audience to pull for Jax when he's such a bad dude.

Body count on that show must be in the thousands already.

Thorpesaurous
11-13-2014, 10:57 AM
The show has definitely not been great in a long time. It reminds me a little of Homeland in that it's not very good (although Homeland is worse), but then it will pull these big moments that are really good (like the Abel thing).

They really ran a mirror to the beginning and end of this episode. All the sex at the beginning between each couple was paired off with a more touching sequence at the end. Chibs and the cop were pretty straightforward. Tig and Venus (although I'm not sure why we're all of a sudden supposed to care about this relationship so much) with the long dialogue. Marilyn Manson opens raping Juice and then he's reading to him at the end. Gemma and Jimmy Smits, which wrapped around to Nero consoling her. Rat opened with the hooker but closed with his girlfriend caring for him and defending him from Nero which I'm sure was supposed to come off as an awakening scene after his rough day. And then Finally Jax. Jax opened with the hooker they picked up from that rediculous Jewish Pimp (the show sounds more and more rediculous whenever you talk about it), who frankly I had to pause it to think about who the hell she was (she's hot), but when it came time to close, they set you up with him and Wendy. Her moving back in with him. The history between the two. Her having been set up all season in a redemption role. His story being openly spelled out by the hooker in the opening segment. He goes into the speech about her being Abels mom, it all felt like it was coming around to re-pair him off parallelled with the way they did with Rat. And then Blam you get the Abel reveal, and cut to the Reaper logo.

The show really is a mess at times. The amount of exposition required to spell out what the hell is going on can be brutal to listen to. But they do the big moments well. And this episode in particular to me was really well structured.

Tarik One
11-13-2014, 01:27 PM
The show has definitely not been great in a long time. It reminds me a little of Homeland in that it's not very good (although Homeland is worse), but then it will pull these big moments that are really good (like the Abel thing).

They really ran a mirror to the beginning and end of this episode. All the sex at the beginning between each couple was paired off with a more touching sequence at the end. Chibs and the cop were pretty straightforward. Tig and Venus (although I'm not sure why we're all of a sudden supposed to care about this relationship so much) with the long dialogue. Marilyn Manson opens raping Juice and then he's reading to him at the end. Gemma and Jimmy Smits, which wrapped around to Nero consoling her. Rat opened with the hooker but closed with his girlfriend caring for him and defending him from Nero which I'm sure was supposed to come off as an awakening scene after his rough day. And then Finally Jax. Jax opened with the hooker they picked up from that rediculous Jewish Pimp (the show sounds more and more rediculous whenever you talk about it), who frankly I had to pause it to think about who the hell she was (she's hot), but when it came time to close, they set you up with him and Wendy. Her moving back in with him. The history between the two. Her having been set up all season in a redemption role. His story being openly spelled out by the hooker in the opening segment. He goes into the speech about her being Abels mom, it all felt like it was coming around to re-pair him off parallelled with the way they did with Rat. And then Blam you get the Abel reveal, and cut to the Reaper logo.

The show really is a mess at times. The amount of exposition required to spell out what the hell is going on can be brutal to listen to. But they do the big moments well. And this episode in particular to me was really well structured.
Can't stand when writers do this. Force viewers to care about pointless storylines. Dexter did this towards the end, especially w/Masuka and his daughter. :facepalm

Nastradamus
11-13-2014, 01:37 PM
I thought the Tig/Venus stuff was great TV. They've been lacking when it comes to developing Tig lately and they finally found a direction for him. Its like Venus said, he's a guy who lives outside the box, but he's also a good guy at heart. A good guy who's done bad things and who has been through quite a bit.

I thought all the relationship stuff was well done. The show took a step back to remind us that all of these relentless outlaws are people too. How could you not love the Chibs/Jarry slapping scene? I don't know what's going on with Juice and Tully. Juice just can't catch a break. I thought Jax's scene with the hooker who looks like Tara was key for him too. We've seen him rage about Tara, but we haven't seen him mourn and really feel it yet.

I think its been an awesome final season. This is how this show was meant to wrap up.

glidedrxlr22
11-13-2014, 01:40 PM
How did the guy who got shot in the package know that Tig liked to pole dance?

Myth
11-13-2014, 02:00 PM
seriously. nobody gives a fck about venus and tig. what was the point in all that?

It is called character development. Tig has always been a sarcastic pervert. This was the most real we have ever seen him.

Btw, I have loved this season as a whole. There has been a little too much beating around the bush with Juice, especially early on, but otherwise this has been one of the best seasons yet. I think knowing that anybody can die at any moments has added intensity to this season.

Myth
11-13-2014, 02:02 PM
do you guys think jax would be okay with tully "rapping" juice? i don't think he knows...

I'm pretty sure he does after the last exchange between Jax and Tully. Did you miss that scene? I think Jax thought it was funny.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-13-2014, 02:03 PM
these guys are like celebrities in charming. word gets around, he even said everybody knew..

Myth
11-13-2014, 02:06 PM

I think it was just kind of a word on the streets type thing. Tig doesn't do a great job of hiding his openness.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-13-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure he does after the last exchange between Jax and Tully. Did you miss that scene? I think Jax thought it was funny.
I did see the scene, but I took it as Jax thinking Tully was joking. I don't think Jax would find anything funny about a Son getting raped regardless of Juice's status atm. I anticipate Juice killing Tully before the show wraps up.

Patrick Chewing
11-13-2014, 02:35 PM
I thought the Tig/Venus stuff was great TV. They've been lacking when it comes to developing Tig lately and they finally found a direction for him. Its like Venus said, he's a guy who lives outside the box, but he's also a good guy at heart.

What a bunch of bull. Tig's a homo plain and simple. Not sure why SAMCRO ain't sawing his dick off at this point.

dkmwise
11-13-2014, 05:19 PM
I did see the scene, but I took it as Jax thinking Tully was joking. I don't think Jax would find anything funny about a Son getting raped regardless of Juice's status atm. I anticipate Juice killing Tully before the show wraps up.

I think Jax did know what Tully was talking about, and like you I am surprised he'd be ok with it. I know he may not care about Juice but he still can't be ok with letting people disrespect the reaper. For all everyone else knows juice is still SOA.

dkmwise
11-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Can't stand when writers do this. Force viewers to care about pointless storylines. Dexter did this towards the end, especially w/Masuka and his daughter. :facepalm

Haha, I kept waiting for some big reveal about Masuka's daughter since they gave that so much time, and nothing ever happened, WTF

dkmwise
11-13-2014, 05:21 PM

The certainly do, IMO this show has some of the best season finales ever.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 06:00 PM
It's also at the point where it's extremely hard to find any likeable characters. They've gone from the anti heroes who enjoy parties and crime in the first seasons to just assholes who create their own problems every time by thinking they are smarter than everyone and can take on actual gangs on their own. Honestly I was hoping this whole season would be Unser realising Jemma is a bitch and the rest of them are douchebags and taking down the gang one at a time and ending with him killing Jax and being the hero. He's the only character I have any sympathy for.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-13-2014, 06:15 PM
It's also at the point where it's extremely hard to find any likeable characters. They've gone from the anti heroes who enjoy parties and crime in the first seasons to just assholes who create their own problems every time by thinking they are smarter than everyone and can take on actual gangs on their own. Honestly I was hoping this whole season would be Unser realising Jemma is a bitch and the rest of them are douchebags and taking down the gang one at a time and ending with him killing Jax and being the hero. He's the only character I have any sympathy for.
you make some good points. i kinda sympathize for wendy too because she keeps getting sucked back in.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-13-2014, 06:16 PM
btw, i caught up on all the episodes between the last few days. biggest what the fck momment had to be melo making an appearance.

Patrick Chewing
11-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah why wasn't Melo one of the brothers that got blasted the other night?? He seemed to be the only one missing. Dude got no heart on the court or on the screen.

dkmwise
11-13-2014, 07:30 PM
btw, i caught up on all the episodes between the last few days. biggest what the fck momment had to be melo making an appearance.

Haha, Melo and Marilyn Manson guest stars in the same season

outbreak
11-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Haha, Melo and Marilyn Manson guest stars in the same season

and courtney love

dkmwise
11-13-2014, 09:58 PM
and courtney love

WHAT! Oh man, can't believe I didn't notice that before, I knew I recognized the teacher from somewhere but didn't put it together.

She makes quite the trifecta. If only they could have got all 3 of them together in a scene

Tarik One
11-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Will Jax get the opportunity to tell Augustus that he was the one who killed Pope? (ala Walter telling Jesse that he watched Jane die)

Nowitness
11-14-2014, 09:33 AM
That opening was awkward as hell though. I thought the girl was Tara (prolly a conscious choice), I didn't know whether to laugh or cringe when Manson was basically raping Juice.

dkmwise
11-14-2014, 02:37 PM
That opening was awkward as hell though. I thought the girl was Tara (prolly a conscious choice), I didn't know whether to laugh or cringe when Manson was basically raping Juice.

I went with cringe. But not as much as I cringed when he sent him vaseline and
Chapstick