PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic is loaded with young talent.

fos
11-12-2014, 10:58 PM
They're going to be tough in a couple seasons...

PG: Payton
SG: Fournier
SF: Harris
PF: Gordon
C : Vucevic

Very niccccccccce.

waseem780
11-12-2014, 11:00 PM
You forgot one of our best players Oladipo. Very good potential however I don't see anyone on the current roster being a "star" in this league which is what we're lacking

oarabbus
11-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Jazz, Bucks, Pelicans, Timberwolves, Boston, etc

Micku
11-12-2014, 11:03 PM
I know about Vucevic, but this Evan Fournier guy. Who is that guy? He came out of nowhere. He's doing good for my fantasy team.

waseem780
11-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Jazz and Boston good but nothing special. Pelicans only because of AD. Wolves,Bucks,Magic and Sixers (My boy Embiid) are ones to look out for. Feel like im forgetting a team though

Legends66NBA7
11-12-2014, 11:06 PM

Sixers will be loaded with young talent in the future too.

Le Shaqtus
11-12-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm excited for the future of this team, I always knew this was going to be a long process, but Hennigan is building this team the right way. Unfortunately it's costing us a few a seasons, and perhaps a few more, but the potential is certainly there. Some key things I like:

1. Payton is a great point, has fantastic vision, he was a steal in this draft.
2. I can see traces of Wade in Dipo, if he lowers his TO's and develops a mid range J he'll be nasty.
3. Vuc is a rebounding machine with a great jumper, just needs to get better on defense.
4. Gordon, while raw and a little undersized, is insanely athletic and has all the tools to be great. He's super young so I can't really hold anything against him, but his potential is there.
5. I like Tobias, hopefully he can find a niche in this team. Not sure if he's good enough to be our number 1 option.

Frye is good for this team, experienced and provides leadership, we also have good pieces in Fournier and Mo. And if we don't need them they can be good trade pieces.

Ben Gordon sucks, and I don't know how the f*ck Willie Green is on this team, I didn't know that until yesterday.

But outside of that I'm very excited for the future.

poido123
11-12-2014, 11:51 PM
You mean: "Lakers are stockpiling young talent in orlando" :oldlol:

Le Shaqtus
11-12-2014, 11:52 PM
You mean: "Lakers are stockpiling young talent in orlando" :oldlol:

Don't be that guy.

outbreak
11-12-2014, 11:57 PM
We've been saying that all off season but a lot of folks here want to disagree (I wonder how much Jameer has caused that).

Payton has been getting some high assist games while keeping his turn overs down, just needs to learn how to finish through contact or alter his shot around the defender. He has made a few mid range jump shots but his form needs to be re worked it's horrible.

Gordon has been shooting MUCH better than I expected, doesn't take bad shots and has hit some threes and made some free throws. Also has the highest PER of all rookies and is the youngest in the league.

Vucevic will be a bargain under the new tv deal, averaging 18pts 12rbs 3asts and 1.5 blocks after tonight on 52% shooting, also knocking down his mid range shots (and a few threes) really well this year. Works good with Payton dishing back to him.

My biggest let down is Harris (which makes me happy we didn't over pay him), he looks like he thinks he can be a number one option but he just struggles when he tries to create for himself. I really think he should be a sixth man type guy long term.

I also don't know about our guard rotation once Dipo returns, I guess it all depends on if he has actually improved his three point shot like he claims he has.

I also hate how Vaughn doesn't give Harkless minutes when he has looked good this season, he hasn't been stuffing the stat sheet but if you watch when he is on the court he is contributing and making others play well around him. I think he fits the starting line up better than Harris at the moment but Vaughn hates him for some reason.

We still need a go to guy though before we can actually compete but the base is building up nicely. There's a few teams that have exciting young rosters right now and have committed to a proper rebuild.

SwishSquared
11-13-2014, 12:04 AM
This team is another high draft pick away from potentially having a really solid squad for the future. I'm not sure if anybody is gonna give Harris a deal paying him 8 figures this summer, so maybe you can get him similar to the deal Frye got. If Magic get a guy like Towns, this team could be really good.

Payton-Dipo-Gordon-Towns-Vuc
Ridnour-Fournier-Harkless-Harris-Frye

That's a nice 10 man rotation imo. If Gordon and Dipo improve their shooting, this squad can make some noise in a few years.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 12:07 AM
This team is another high draft pick away from potentially having a really solid squad for the future. I'm not sure if anybody is gonna give Harris a deal paying him 8 figures this summer, so maybe you can get him similar to the deal Frye got. If Magic get a guy like Towns, this team could be really good.

Payton-Dipo-Gordon-Towns-Vuc
Ridnour-Fournier-Harkless-Harris-Frye

That's a nice 10 man rotation imo. If Gordon and Dipo improve their shooting, this squad can make some noise in a few years.

Towns is the guy I want aswell with his mid range game, the worry is though that our interior defence isn't up to scratch from Vuc, need someone next to him who can defend the paint better. You left out O'Quinn and Nicholson too, O'quinn is still a solid garbage man and was hitting 3s and jump shots through preseason at a good clip, Nicholson has been a let down but he can still learn.

Le Shaqtus
11-13-2014, 12:09 AM
We've been saying that all off season but a lot of folks here want to disagree (I wonder how much Jameer has caused that).

Payton has been getting some high assist games while keeping his turn overs down, just needs to learn how to finish through contact or alter his shot around the defender. He has made a few mid range jump shots but his form needs to be re worked it's horrible.

Gordon has been shooting MUCH better than I expected, doesn't take bad shots and has hit some threes and made some free throws. Also has the highest PER of all rookies and is the youngest in the league.

Vucevic will be a bargain under the new tv deal, averaging 18pts 12rbs 3asts and 1.5 blocks after tonight on 52% shooting, also knocking down his mid range shots (and a few threes) really well this year. Works good with Payton dishing back to him.

My biggest let down is Harris (which makes me happy we didn't over pay him), he looks like he thinks he can be a number one option but he just struggles when he tries to create for himself. I really think he should be a sixth man type guy long term.

I also don't know about our guard rotation once Dipo returns, I guess it all depends on if he has actually improved his three point shot like he claims he has.

I also hate how Vaughn doesn't give Harkless minutes when he has looked good this season, he hasn't been stuffing the stat sheet but if you watch when he is on the court he is contributing and making others play well around him. I think he fits the starting line up better than Harris at the moment but Vaughn hates him for some reason.

We still need a go to guy though before we can actually compete but the base is building up nicely. There's a few teams that have exciting young rosters right now and have committed to a proper rebuild.

I think if Dipo makes some strides he can be that guy, just like Wade is for Miami.

I would really like a 1-2 Punch with Dipo and Gordon, our starting 5 has some really awesome defensive potential too if we end up starting Payton, Dipo, and Gordon.

Milbuck
11-13-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm curious to see how they pay all these guys down the road. They already paid Vucevic..if Tobes steps up his game and stays healthy he could command big money, Dipo almost assuredly will, Payton looks really good, as does AG..

That being said..a core of Payton-Oladipo-Tobes-Gordon-Vucevic is filthy. Gonna rip the league apart in 2-3 years.

Ariza4three
11-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Don't have a star yet. We'll see where Dipo is at when he gets back.

poido123
11-13-2014, 12:17 AM
Don't be that guy.

Now jameer is gone, I forgot to stop taking pot shots at orlando.

I actually like the team, just that they had the most annoying fan on here.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm curious to see how they pay all these guys down the road. They already paid Vucevic..if Tobes steps up his game and stays healthy he could command big money, Dipo almost assuredly will, Payton looks really good, as does AG..

That being said..a core of Payton-Oladipo-Tobes-Gordon-Vucevic is filthy. Gonna rip the league apart in 2-3 years.

Payton and Gordon have afew years before we worry about that, Vucevic's deal should be pretty good assuming the new cap is as large as people seem to think it'll be. I think this is the reason they didn't pay Harris in the off season though, seems they are willing to part with him if someone throws money at him which is a good move. I don't see him being a starter in our future. I still think Gordon will be a better fit at small forward than at power forward as well with his ball handling skills. He is a good flexible piece for defensive match ups too, grantland had a nice piece about how he can defend guards (joe johnson against toronto) which allows us to try and create mis matches in our favour.

Le Shaqtus

I don't think it'll be too much of an issue if we lose Tobias.

The SF position is star studded, Tobias isn't hanging with the LeBron's, the PG's and or the Durant's, not even the Kawhi's or Haywards.

We need a real offensive threat, those are super hard to come by in this small market.

outbreak

it's the clippersfan86 effect.

Ariza4three
11-13-2014, 12:19 AM

No, you're a low iq troll who feels the need to weigh on things he doesn't know about.

poido123
11-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Don't have a star yet. We'll see where Dipo is at when he gets back.

I'd look to package some of that young talent for an established vet.

Saves them losing them for nothing, while making the team more balanced.

Ariza4three
11-13-2014, 12:20 AM
I don't think it'll be too much of an issue if we lose Tobias.

The SF position is star studded, Tobias isn't hanging with the LeBron's, the PG's and or the Durant's, not even the Kawhi's or Haywards.

We need a real offensive threat, those are super hard to come by in this small market.
harris will be a good 6th man, but he IS a bit expendable. he's rumored to be looking at the knicks.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 12:23 AM

Last night I tried out mygm or whatever the association is called in nba2k15, I tried to move harris and the bucks offered me Jabari Parker and a first rounder for Harris and Nicholson.......

And I'd actually raised the trade difficulty sliders.....

I immediately turned off my xbox.....

poido123
11-13-2014, 12:23 AM
No, you're a low iq troll who feels the need to weigh on things he doesn't know about.

:coleman:

Le Shaqtus
11-13-2014, 12:24 AM
harris will be a good 6th man, but he IS a bit expendable. he's rumored to be looking at the knicks.

God help him.

Ariza4three
11-13-2014, 12:24 AM

Expendable youth atm is Nicholson, Harris, and Harkless maybe.

poido123
11-13-2014, 12:25 AM
Last night I tried out mygm or whatever the association is called in nba2k15, I tried to move harris and the bucks offered me Jabari Parker and a first rounder for Harris and Nicholson.......

And I'd actually raised the trade difficulty sliders.....

I immediately turned off my xbox.....

:oldlol:

outbreak
11-13-2014, 12:26 AM

Green and Ben Gordon are the $$ balancing expiring deals too.

Ariza4three
11-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Green and Ben Gordon are the $$ balancing expiring deals too.
Yeah they are trade bait also. Gordon has been a good spark... could we ship him?

poido123
11-13-2014, 12:27 AM

I think your core is dipo, elfrid, vucevic while retaining Frye with an immovable contract.

The rest should be on the table imo.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 12:30 AM
I think your core is dipo, elfrid, vucevic while retaining Frye with an immovable contract.

They won't move Gordon at this point. Considering his age and he has said he was told in the work outs he would be our number four pick Hennigan must have seen something he wanted in Gordon so I don't see him going anywhere for at least a couple years.

Ariza4three
11-13-2014, 12:31 AM

Nope. Gordon is in no way movable. Nor is Fournier. If O'Quinn is cheap keep him.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Nope. Gordon is in no way movable. Nor is Fournier. If O'Quinn is cheap keep him.

If O'Quinn shoots like he did in pre season when he returns I think someones going to pay more than we are willing to for him.

TylerOO
11-13-2014, 12:33 AM
LOL

Le Shaqtus
11-13-2014, 12:39 AM
LOL

Really?

kurple
11-13-2014, 01:00 AM
I know about Vucevic, but this Evan Fournier guy. Who is that guy? He came out of nowhere. He's doing good for my fantasy team.
he came from denver. our SG's have an habbit of exploding once they are traded to orlando

but for real, good for him. seems like a good kid

andremiller07
11-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Been telling people on here about Fournier for ages now, dude is a beast.

kurple
11-13-2014, 09:16 AM
manu lite

wish he was a bit better playmaker