PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are playing at their best and still losing.

Connor B
11-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Not a hater or a fan or either the Lakers or Kobe, but I just feel bad for him. He is not a good % but I will say with that roster there isn't much else they could do anyway. They just got completely shafted in free agency and with injuries and are stuck in an all-time great western conference where you need 48-50 wins to even sniff the playoffs.

I know this is nothing new and there's a bunch of threads about this but with each loss I wonder more and more, wtf is Kobe gonna do? Volume score a lot, get past Jordan all time in points, quietly write this season off while pretending they have a chance, and then pray they land Kevin Love/others next season? I mean what do you do?

Velocirap31
11-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Kobe plays hard and you've got to respect him, but his team is awful. Without kobe, they're worse than the sixers I think.

stalkerforlife
11-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Not a hater or a fan or either the Lakers or Kobe, but I just feel bad for him. He is not a good % but I will say with that roster there isn't much else they could do anyway. They just got completely shafted in free agency and with injuries and are stuck in an all-time great western conference where you need 48-50 wins to even sniff the playoffs.

I know this is nothing new and there's a bunch of threads about this but with each loss I wonder more and more, wtf is Kobe gonna do? Volume score a lot, get past Jordan all time in points, quietly write this season off while pretending they have a chance, and then pray they land Kevin Love/others next season? I mean what do you do?

I wish he would accept a trade to a contender, but he's too alpha and loyal to do so. I hate to see his talent waste away like this, but it's lonely at the top for a true alpha.

SouBeachTalents
11-12-2014, 11:31 PM
I wish he would accept a trade to a contender, but he's too alpha and loyal to do so. I hate to see his talent waste away like this, but it's lonely at the top for a true alpha.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=kobetranscript

1987_Lakers
11-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Kobe has nothing left to prove, he has accomplished things that some HOF players could only dream of, dude has 5 NBA titles, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, an NBA MVP award, 11x All-NBA First Team, & he is considered a top 10 player of all-time by most fans. His window is closing, it was a remarkable career, only milestone left is to pass MJ in points.:cheers:

triangleoffense
11-12-2014, 11:39 PM
What to do? Simple.

tank it hardcore season is lost

konex
11-12-2014, 11:41 PM
They are literally incapable of stopping quick PGs and scoring bigs. Gonna be a long season

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Oh brother.. Here comes the excuse making. I've seen LeBron and Wade (early in their careers) work with worse help than this. Fact is the Lakers' "best player" is shooting ~37-38% from the field, chucking like its out of style (nevermind that he doesn't play one iota of defense).

Can we call a spade a spade? Sure the Lakers are trash - but Kobe's playstyle makes them THAT much worse.

BasedTom
11-12-2014, 11:43 PM

Prayer? It's going to take guns to do that. And even then I think Love takes the bullet.

TheMarkMadsen
11-12-2014, 11:45 PM

If this link is anything other than Kobe accepting a trade then epic fail on your part.

BasedTom
11-12-2014, 11:46 PM
They are literally incapable of stopping quick PGs and scoring bigs. Gonna be a long season
75-7.

stalkerforlife
11-12-2014, 11:47 PM

It's called empty threats to get what you want out of a front office.

:facepalm

TaLvsCuaL
11-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Gasol is the culprit

DonDadda59
Help us Swaggy P... You're our only hope :(

stalkerforlife
Oh brother.. Here comes the excuse making. I've seen LeBron and Wade (early in their careers) work with worse help than this. Fact is the Lakers' "best player" is shooting ~37-38% from the field, chucking like its out of style (nevermind that he doesn't play one iota of defense).

Can we call a spade a spade? Sure the Lakers are trash - but Kobe's playstyle makes them THAT much worse.

:roll:

In an all time stacked conference, too?

:roll:

triangleoffense
Seriously tank it up.. SERIOUSLY. I seriously bro seriously bro hope all those contracts are expiring, I'm fairly certain Nash's useless contract does which I'm suspicious to think whether he joined the Lakers to deliberately sabotage.

Droid101
I've seen LeBron and Wade (early in their careers) work with worse help than this.
:rolleyes:

sbw19
11-12-2014, 11:50 PM
They'll win some eventually but right now it's not looking good.

chazzy
11-12-2014, 11:51 PM
I've seen LeBron and Wade (early in their careers) work with worse help than this.
Like Wade winning 10/50 games in 08?

sekachu
11-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Kobe plays hard and you've got to respect him, but his team is awful. Without kobe, they're worse than the sixers I think.

They are 1-7 with kobe which is awful. You can say this if kobe isn't playing.
:lol

oh the horror
11-13-2014, 12:56 AM

Bro they're in a conference where even the god damn Kings look decent.

Kidbasketball20
11-13-2014, 01:01 AM

LIE

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2014, 01:04 AM
its hard to watch, always hated boozer so much cant believe we landed him

kobe aside, lakers most used offensive weapon is the jordan hill fake pass mid range jumper :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

on top of that we play zero defense, zero

kamil
11-13-2014, 01:04 AM
Who cares? The Lakers have been privileged with multiple decades of constant success. It's time the team went into complete irrelevance and the Laker fans quit feeling entitled.

It's a nice change to see the Lakers suck.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Like Wade winning 10/50 games in 08?

No. Like Wade taking crap teams in 09 and 10 to the playoffs as a mid-seed.

chazzy
11-13-2014, 01:08 AM
No. Like Wade taking crap teams in 09 and 10 to the playoffs as a mid-seed.
I used 08 because that's more comparable to current Kobe. You know, limited by injuries and all? Not at the peak of his ability? :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Byron should be held accountable:

Offensive plans

1- Kobe iso
2- Lin drive & turnover
3- Jordan Hill fake pass mid range clank
4- Boozer brick

No off the ball movement by anyone xept kobe

Defensive plan

1- Stare