PDA

View Full Version : You know the west is stacked when Memphis is stacked

triangleoffense
11-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Like super seriously bros... WTF, someone please tell me how they are doing it with this roster:

Tony Allen
Vince Carter
Zbo
Marc Gasol
Mike Conley

I mean don't get me wrong that front court poses nice matchup problems but 1st in the west at 7-1? Get at me bro don't understand that shit... who the hell is their coach anyways? I only took a season off cause the Lakers have been sucking

TaLvsCuaL
11-12-2014, 11:59 PM
The force of teamball on both ends.

triangleoffense
11-13-2014, 12:08 AM
The force of teamball on both ends.
Yea but who the hell is this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Joerger

SpecialQue
11-13-2014, 12:40 AM
The Grizzlies are a great team that had a subpar record last season due to injuries. They are, easily, one of the best teams in the league, but because their grit and grind approach isn't as flashy as Golden State's splash bros or the Clippers Lob City, no one considers them a top team.

This is despite that fact that, a couple seasons back, they were in the WCF, and last season were basically robbed by horrendous referring and a game 7 Z-Bo suspension against the Thunder.

ProfessorMurder
11-13-2014, 12:55 AM
The Grizzlies are a great team that had a subpar record last season due to injuries. They are, easily, one of the best teams in the league, but because their grit and grind approach isn't as flashy as Golden State's splash bros or the Clippers Lob City, no one considers them a top team.

This is despite that fact that, a couple seasons back, they were in the WCF, and last season were basically robbed by horrendous referring and a game 7 Z-Bo suspension against the Thunder.

I've been saying this for months, and they have the best record and aren't being talked about.

I'm all in on these guys. Courtney Lee and Vince cover up their perimeter scoring enough.

They're doing big things this year.

bdreason
11-13-2014, 04:05 AM
Two of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. One of the best paint defenders in the NBA.

Basketball isn't all about offense.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Good coaching, continuity, everybody plays defense, their players fit extremely well together.

no pun intended
11-13-2014, 04:08 AM
Getting rid of Rudy Gay was a bold move. Glad it's working out.

All Net
11-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Great front court
Very good D
Good balance

oarabbus
11-13-2014, 04:19 AM
Like super seriously bros... WTF, someone please tell me how they are doing it with this roster:

Tony Allen
Vince Carter
Zbo
Marc Gasol
Mike Conley

I mean don't get me wrong that front court poses nice matchup problems but 1st in the west at 7-1? Get at me bro don't understand that shit... who the hell is their coach anyways? I only took a season off cause the Lakers have been sucking

Dude the Grizz have been killing it for a while now.

Tony Allen - once in a generation level defender, easily a top 10 perimeter defender all time if not top 5
Carter - I dunno man, I dunno. I guess he's serviceable enough and his 3pt shot is good
Conley - very good to great PG, excellent defense, can score when needed
Marc Gasol - one of the best bigs in the game, great defense, can play some point-center as well
Zbo - beast to throw the ball down low

iamgine
11-13-2014, 04:21 AM
Have always been a good team. The only concern are Zach Randolph stinking it up in the playoff yet again.

Graviton
11-13-2014, 04:39 AM
They are basically the West's version of the Bulls. Have exact same type of players too.

Top 10 PG that can score, defend and control the pace. Rose/Conley.
An amazing perimeter defender. Butler/Allen
Skilled PF that can work on the block. Gasol/Z-Bo
Best passing center that also happens to be DPOY candidate. Gasol/Noah.
Bunch of scrappy role players that compete every game.
Tough homecourt and even tougher defense.

imnew09
11-13-2014, 04:59 AM
I guess you just started watching basketbal... Give Memphis Pop and they become champ.

sammichoffate
11-13-2014, 05:02 AM
Their bench is a bit thin, it's lacking a sixth man who could control the game for you like Ginobili or Igoudala. I still love this team though, they're tough as hell to beat and a darkhorse in the West.

MMM
11-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Unlike west favorites like G STATE and LAC the Grizzlies have been past the 2nd round

Nikola_
11-13-2014, 06:12 AM

:roll: :applause:

roffie
11-13-2014, 06:23 AM
imagine if this team had someone like korver

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-13-2014, 06:26 AM
They are basically the West's version of the Bulls. Have exact same type of players too.

good post

Memphis also arguably has the best defender at 3 positions (conley tony marc). Conley prolly isnt but Tony and Marc are for sure

i said before the season started that Memphis is a 60 win team when healthy. they still managed to win 50 last year with their best player missing over 20 games

KDthunderup
11-13-2014, 06:34 AM
imagine if this team had someone like korver
They kinda did in Miller, still feel like he will be a big loss for them come playoffs.

andremiller07
11-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Team would be even more crazy if they didn't give away Ed Davis (signed Lueuer instead) and Tony Wrotten for basically nothing, they need one more scorer imo. But I love watching them.

finchyyy
11-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Dude the Grizz have been killing it for a while now.

Tony Allen - once in a generation level defender, easily a top 10 perimeter defender all time if not top 5
Carter - I dunno man, I dunno. I guess he's serviceable enough and his 3pt shot is good
Conley - very good to great PG, excellent defense, can score when needed
Marc Gasol - one of the best bigs in the game, great defense, can play some point-center as well

Hahahahahah :lol :lol :lol

Nashty
11-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Top 10 PG, PF and C and a best perimeter defender in the game. That looks pretty good to me :confusedshrug: They have a solid bench too, Udrih (playmaker/scorer), Lee (scorer/defender), Carter (scorer), Pondexter (shooter/defender), Leuer (stretch four), Koufos (rebounder/rim protector)

rustycage
11-13-2014, 10:15 AM
I think it's now or never for Memphis. The Spurs are supposed to offer Marc Gasol a big contract - provided that Duncan retires - next summer.

Demitri98
11-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Hell of a lineup:
Conley
Allen
Carter
ZBo
Gasol

Insane defense and enough offense from Conley, Carter, ZBo and Gasol to get by.

mattvNJ
11-13-2014, 10:54 AM
People are overrating their players already and will bash them if they underperform.

This team has always been a capable 50-win team. Its not about how GOOD or great these players are they just play ball like it should be played. They're the Spurs light to me with age on their side. These guys have been playing together for some time now and the addition of Carter can only help their cause.

I like them coming out the west.

Conley - Underrated as hell. I think hes a top 3 PG, the way he runs a team and plays D
Allen - Lock down guy and huge motor
Carter- Crafty vet who will get his and contribute where needed
Randolph - bull down low can be a 15/10 night in night out.
Marc - I think hes the best C in the league

Then they have guys like courtney lee off the bench. I would like to see them get a little more depth on the bench but we shall see in due time.

Magic731
11-13-2014, 11:26 AM
People are overrating their players already and will bash them if they underperform.

This team has always been a capable 50-win team. Its not about how GOOD or great these players are they just play ball like it should be played. They're the Spurs light to me with age on their side. These guys have been playing together for some time now and the addition of Carter can only help their cause.

I like them coming out the west.

Conley - Underrated as hell. I think hes a top 3 PG, the way he runs a team and plays D
Allen - Lock down guy and huge motor
Carter- Crafty vet who will get his and contribute where needed
Randolph - bull down low can be a 15/10 night in night out.
Marc - I think hes the best C in the league

Then they have guys like courtney lee off the bench. I would like to see them get a little more depth on the bench but we shall see in due time.
Yes he's underrated but let's not go overboard...

pegasus
11-13-2014, 11:31 AM

:applause:

Haymaker
11-13-2014, 11:32 AM

That pissed me off.

ImKobe
11-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Great chemistry, great coaching, good bench.

Even when they struggle, they seem to pull out wins (Lakers one, for example).

oarabbus
11-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Unlike west favorites like G STATE and LAC the Grizzlies have been past the 2nd round

Kinda funny, the only ones calling us "Favorites" are people who don't believe in us. I haven't seen a single Warriors fan call us favorites even to make the Finals. But haters will call us favorites so they can talk sht later :confusedshrug:

AboutBuckets
11-13-2014, 02:28 PM
I think it's now or never for Memphis. The Spurs are supposed to offer Marc Gasol a big contract - provided that Duncan retires - next summer.

As a Spurs fan, thinking about Marc as the C of the future gives me a semi

Pointguard
11-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Definitely a case of the parts are greater than the whole. All the pieces compliment each other. All the players are smart and do their piece of the pie. They play defense as a unit. Still have a few kinks in the system, but know how to win without opposing teams knowing who is going to be the man on a given night.

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2014, 03:42 PM
OP you don't make any sense...

"Look at how stacked the West is when this average team is stacked in the West!"

Contradicting....