PDA

View Full Version : Are we really going to act like Andrew Wiggins isn't a future #1 pick bust?

PleezeBelieve
11-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Besides not being that skilled, the guy's heart is made of jello. He shys away from contact and is a sh*tty passer and ball handler.

People will spend years making excuses as to why he's not great until the obvious becomes obvious.

Le Shaqtus
11-13-2014, 01:18 AM
He has all the tools to be great, with the right work ethic he can be up there.

I hate using cliche's, but he really doesn't have any form of killer instinct, that's whats going to hold him back.

noob cake
11-13-2014, 01:21 AM
His offensive game a bit better than I thought, but...

His biggest problem is still his handles. If he can't dribble and create like all superstar wings in the league, he can't become a superstar. If he was PF, he wouldn't need that creation and vision.

Kvnzhangyay
11-13-2014, 02:54 AM
He has all the tools to be great, with the right work ethic he can be up there.

I hate using cliche's, but he really doesn't have any form of killer instinct, that's whats going to hold him back.

Essentially I feel like Wiggins needs to be more aggressive and learn to drive to the hoop, taking advantage of his athleticism instead of settling for a jumper

Smook A.
11-13-2014, 03:02 AM
You're really going to call a 19 year old rookie a bust? Wiggins has only played 7 games this season. Of course he's had some games where he hasn't looked like the #1 overall pick... but it's all part of the development. He looked impressive against the Nets a week ago, and he was pretty solid against the Rockets today. Not every top pick is going to play great off the bat. Give him some time. I'm sure by the end of the season he'll be putting up 16-17 points consistently every game. In a couple years, he'll be much improved.

Imtheman
11-13-2014, 03:04 AM
He's 19. Calm down.

Look at what Kobe averaged when he first entered the league.

miggyme1
11-13-2014, 04:10 AM
He's 19. Calm down.

Look at what Kobe averaged when he first entered the league.

are u really gonna compare kobe to wiggins?

kobe had a bunch of skills coming out of high school...a plethora of skills and he was dominating pros out of high school in scrimmages...why u think the lakers traded for him?

wiggins hasnt shown me anything yet except a kid thats extremely athletic...he can literally play any sport he wants too...but kid has no heart...no sense of urgency...and to top it off no skills...no handle...no jumper....no iq....he cant pass...all he can do is run and jump....good enough to dominate high school....good enough to coast in college.....good enough to get drafted number 1 in the draft...and thats it...as of now

oarabbus
11-13-2014, 04:13 AM
His fellow teammate Anthony Bennett will make it so that the "bust" label isn't targeted at Wiggins

outbreak
11-13-2014, 04:36 AM
He's looked OK just needs time.

Are we really gonna act like op isn't insecure?

RoseCity07
11-13-2014, 04:39 AM
He was originally compared to Pippen. Pippen was never a dominant scorer and didn't have the greatest handles. Wiggins can become a lock down defender with time and weight training. Those legs are going to get stronger. He's not going to fall over from contact like now. Just give him a few years.

JoshCoward
11-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Not comparing the skillsets as they are somewhat different but Andrew Wiggins reminds me of Darius Miles in a way. Great athletics, needs big improvement in other areas.

WallIn
11-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Can't be worse than Bennett...

I expect him to have a solid season, averaging around 15 ppg. Definitely not a bust. It remains to be seen.

gyu
11-13-2014, 09:06 AM
He still has time before we CA call him a bust. It took Paul George and DeRozan a good number of years to develop into something more than a role player

coin24
11-13-2014, 09:08 AM
OP also said kyrie was a bust and waiters is the next wade:lol :lol

SugarHill
11-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Are we going to act like Wiggins didn't hurt you in some way?

Eric Cartman
11-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Will bump when the time is right.

pegasus
11-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Are we really going to act like it's not Lebron's dick talking every time OP opens his mouth?

hawksdogsbraves
11-13-2014, 12:35 PM
He was originally compared to Pippen. Pippen was never a dominant scorer and didn't have the greatest handles. Wiggins can become a lock down defender with time and weight training. Those legs are going to get stronger. He's not going to fall over from contact like now. Just give him a few years.

Pippen was also something of a point forward, while Wiggins' ball handling and court vision are the two worst parts of his game. His assist numbers are awful and were awful in college.

3peated
11-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Canada, lol

PleezeBelieve
11-13-2014, 02:49 PM
I told you the excuses will keep coming :roll:

stalkerforlife
11-13-2014, 02:55 PM
His dad played in the NBA and his mom was an olympian.

It makes you question his hunger.

Swaggin916
11-13-2014, 03:14 PM
What he can be is an elite scorer and defender... but yea he will most likely never be a great all around playmaker... but I think most people would have said the same thing about Durant. If Wiggins can start scoring at an elite level then it will probably give him the confidence to expand his game. But yea the guy could end up being like a Westley Johnson it's entirely possible.

waseem780
11-13-2014, 06:22 PM
there is no way he is a Wesley Johnson , The floor for him is a Rookie Kawhi Leonard or something

PsychoBe
11-13-2014, 06:26 PM
gary payton averaged like eight points his first two years :facepalm

just wait and see and dont embarrass yourself

Detroit
11-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Bookmarked for future reference.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 12:47 AM
You're really going to call a 19 year old rookie a bust? Wiggins has only played 7 games this season. Of course he's had some games where he hasn't looked like the #1 overall pick... but it's all part of the development. He looked impressive against the Nets a week ago, and he was pretty solid against the Rockets today. Not every top pick is going to play great off the bat. Give him some time. I'm sure by the end of the season he'll be putting up 16-17 points consistently every game. In a couple years, he'll be much improved.

Well we all know the real reason why Wiggins had a good game against Houston......

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 12:48 AM
gary payton averaged like eight points his first two years :facepalm

just wait and see and dont embarrass yourself

I think Nate Mcmillain was still starting over Gary Payton back in the day also, that's probably why Payton averaged only 8 per game.

IGOTGAME
11-14-2014, 12:52 AM
Wiggins actually looks really good tho

ralph_i_el
11-14-2014, 01:14 AM
No major injury history
Absolute freakish athleticism
Elite length
Technically sound J

Plus, look at his shoulders/frame. He's going to fill out in a major way. They're already giving him post touches, trying to figure out the best way to leverage his athleticism. He faced up Harden last night and dunked on him so smooth:applause:

Even if he's never an elite superstar player, he'll still be a useful player for a long time. Look at Trevor Ariza. Wiggins already has a way better handle than Ariza. Look at Gerold Green (who has made his way after being a bust. Those two guys are the absolute FLOOR for Wiggins if everything in his career goes wrong (barring major injury). The league is always going to need long armed athletes.

And his upside? Kobe minus the smooth black mamba in between (3-10ft) game....but with long armed defensive versatility.

I.R.Beast
11-14-2014, 01:18 AM
you clerarly arent watching games..his handle is better than kevin durants handle out of college he has nice dribble moves just needs to tighten his handle....great first stp..nice euro...wiggins will be a star in this league...his weaknesses right now can be improved in a matter of 1 offseason...

Wiggins also plays damned good defense...he will be a superstar and a problem for the league as early as next year....

The Macho Man
11-14-2014, 02:01 AM
No major injury history
Absolute freakish athleticism
Elite length
Technically sound J

Plus, look at his shoulders/frame. He's going to fill out in a major way. They're already giving him post touches, trying to figure out the best way to leverage his athleticism. He faced up Harden last night and dunked on him so smooth:applause:

Even if he's never an elite superstar player, he'll still be a useful player for a long time. Look at Trevor Ariza. Wiggins already has a way better handle than Ariza. Look at Gerold Green (who has made his way after being a bust. Those two guys are the absolute FLOOR for Wiggins if everything in his career goes wrong (barring major injury). The league is always going to need long armed athletes.

And his upside? Kobe minus the smooth black mamba in between (3-10ft) game....but with long armed defensive versatility.

Soft like Boston shaq's belly though

So soft

kamil
11-14-2014, 02:12 AM
Are we really going to act like 'are we going to act like' thread titles aren't played out?

PleezeBelieve
11-14-2014, 09:01 AM
you clerarly arent watching games..his handle is better than kevin durants handle out of college he has nice dribble moves just needs to tighten his handle....great first stp..nice euro...wiggins will be a star in this league...his weaknesses right now can be improved in a matter of 1 offseason...

Wiggins also plays damned good defense...he will be a superstar and a problem for the league as early as next year....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Andrei89
11-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Only 9er is a worse poster than PB in ISH history

JtotheIzzo
11-14-2014, 11:26 AM
listen to this not watching games dumbass.

Wiggins has shown a lot this season, an ability to score in multiple ways, an ability to make the right decisions, lock people down on defense, he has been in the game in most clutch situations and he has fit in nicely.

People expecting him to be some brash, cocky ghetto ass hood who keeps it real need to chill on that. That is a disgusting American characteristic and just because he isn't in your face with a bunch of chatter and posturing doesn't mean he is soft. Americans love to call all non-American players soft, because they don't act like a bunch of f*ckin hoods. I know the mentality, Canadians used to call all Euro hockey players soft, but we soon learned that wasn't the case. Americans will learn too, the soft label (given to Pau, Dirk, even TD back in the day when he was Virgin Islands TD, back when Mailman tried to punk him) is just a defense mechanism used to discredit people from elsewhere, and only purported by dumbass middle-aged wannabe rappers like PB, old ass unemployment check collecting wrestling fans like Macho Man (lol, wrestling fans, what more needs to be said, get back in your trailer, hick, and quit stealing your neighbors wifi) and fat losers like Jason Whitlock who thinks he can chat about hoops because he was fat enough to get in people's way on the football field at a garbage mid-major.

he is a rookie, his team is loaded at his position, he will be fine, and he is starting and getting the key minutes.

his numbers will go up all season, and then they will spike when Minny unloads one of the many wing players they currently have.

He is averaging 9-10ppg per game now playing off others, that will be 12-13 by the ASG and around 15 by the end of the year.

Pretty f*ckin good for a 19 year old who wasn't handed the keys and plays off the ball.

waseem780
11-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Wiggins had 20/5 on 70% shooting in 23 minutes today :applause:

yeaaaman
11-15-2014, 12:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfscQVXEa8

He'll be fine he's looking to get more and more comfortable. Scoring in a lot of different ways and his jumper does not look broken at all.

JtotheIzzo
11-15-2014, 04:39 AM

bumped his ppg up to 11.3,

OP is a tard, life 100- JA 0

El Gato Negro
11-15-2014, 05:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfscQVXEa8

He'll be fine he's looking to get more and more comfortable. Scoring in a lot of different ways and his jumper does not look broken at all.
20-6 for the first highlight 73-35 for the next. that's interesting to say the least.

JohnMax
11-15-2014, 07:17 AM
Wiggins is outplaying every other rookie

yeaaaman
11-15-2014, 08:10 AM
20-6 for the first highlight 73-35 for the next. that's interesting to say the least.

Interesting to who? That really doesn't matter. At all, no matter who the rookie is. Examining the score in a rookies 8th game and trying to get something out of it. Trust me man, that shit doesn't matter at all.

This hyper-over analyzed world people on ISH seem to live in is ridiculous. I guess that's why I see all those shitty recycled knee-jerk threads every time I come on this site about any and EVERY topic.

ImKobe
11-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Wiggins will be fine...He's actually been solid this season and is shooting 47% from the field, 56% from 3...problem has been the turnovers, but the game will slow down for him as he gains more NBA experience. Right now, I don't see him as some all-time top 50 player, but he looks like he'll be a good/great 2-way player that can give you anywhere from 15-25 points a game. Next Paul George, IMO.

The T-Mac/Lebron hype was way too much for him, but now that the media has taken it's eye off him and he can do his thing without any pressure, he'll be more focused on improving his game instead of trying to fulfill expectations as some next All-time great. He will be very good.

SupermanOnSteroids
11-15-2014, 08:25 AM
prime Shawn Marion on steroids

El Gato Negro
11-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Interesting to who? That really doesn't matter. At all, no matter who the rookie is. Examining the score in a rookies 8th game and trying to get something out of it. Trust me man, that shit doesn't matter at all.

This hyper-over analyzed world people on ISH seem to live in is ridiculous. I guess that's why I see all those shitty recycled knee-jerk threads every time I come on this site about any and EVERY topic.
Knee jerk reaction would be braging about scoring 20 points in a 30+ point blowout, worse in wolves history right. Empty minutes empty stats, I'm sure the pels were playing real hard being up by 30 the entire game. Not calling him a bust but that game was far from impressive.

yeaaaman
11-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Knee jerk reaction would be braging about scoring 20 points in a 30+ point blowout, worse in wolves history right. Empty minutes empty stats, I'm sure the pels were playing real hard being up by 30 the entire game. Not calling him a bust but that game was far from impressive.

Why do people need to brag, they didn't score 20 points. And clearly this was in response to this thread. A new thread wasn't created on his 20 point game.

The thing is, I'm not watching who or what the Pelicans are doing. I'm watching his mechanics and his step backs and separation he is able to get, the distance he can cover, those kinds of things. That speaks to his ability, as for the competition, its the NBA he's going play the same talent as the rest of the league. The Pelicans had to be trying just a little to score 80 in a half. This is the NBA, if they want to be a good team they need to work in blowouts no matter which end they are on. I don't think the coaching staff gives them a free pass to just mess around cause they're up big in a November game.

Impressive is relative, depends what you expect from him. I just see a nice young player who I believe has all the skills and tools to develop quite nicely, this game to me, speaks to that.

I think it was Corey Brewer who said that if Wiggins had the killer mentality, he would be the best player on the team, right now. In any case, I don't think he's a bust at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.