PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson - Making some $$$

SOD 21
11-13-2014, 01:35 AM
Reggie Jackson without KD and RW is averaging: 23 ppg, 4 rpg, 8 apg, 43% on 18.5 fga's per game since returning from injury.

What do you believe he's worth and does OKC match his contract?

Budadiiii
11-13-2014, 01:37 AM
He's really not that valuable. Couldn't care less about an inconsistent 6ft PG with limited vision and bad outside shooting.

Le Shaqtus
11-13-2014, 01:42 AM
He's really not that valuable. Couldn't care less about an inconsistent 6ft PG with limited vision and bad outside shooting.

Yeah the Thunder don't need two of those.

SOD 21
11-13-2014, 01:44 AM

He's actually 6'3", not six foot tall.

Reggie has averaged nearly 8 assists per game, not bad for a guy that lacks vision, as you put it, and he shot 34% on three pointers last year. His outside still has room for improvement, yes, but he's also improved dramatically over the last two years.

He has done a good job since returning from injury since that initially bad performance against Brooklyn.

JT123
11-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Reggie Jackson without KD and RW is averaging: 23 ppg, 4 rpg, 8 apg, 43% on 18.5 fga's per game since returning from injury.

What do you believe he's worth and does OKC match his contract?
:eek: Honestly, he is worth more than Kobe.

JT123
11-13-2014, 01:45 AM
He's actually 6'3", not six foot tall.

Reggie has averaged nearly 8 assists per game, not bad for a guy that lacks vision, as you out it, and he shot 34% on three pointers last year. His outside still has room for improvement, yes, but he's also improved dramatically over the last two years.
He's also the only reason Durant wasn't back door swept in the first round last season.

SOD 21
11-13-2014, 01:49 AM
He's also the only reason Durant wasn't back door swept in the first round last season.

His 32 point explosion on the road in Game 4 against Memphis saved them in that series. Of course, as most young players he can be inconsistent, but the talent is there.

Done_And_Done
11-13-2014, 01:53 AM
Reggie is a good little player who's capitalizing on this opportunity to bloat his stock (rightfully so, as long as his play isn't detrimental to the team). That aside, I'm not sold on him being anything but a solid scoring option off the pine. If anyone spends starters money on him in the off season, I would question that investment. I'm curious to see what some GM's will appraise this dude for...

KDthunderup
11-13-2014, 02:04 AM
:eek: Honestly, he is worth more than Kobe.
More then Bran at this stage which is more telling then a 100 year old Kobe

SOD 21
11-13-2014, 02:14 AM
Reggie is a good little player who's capitalizing on this opportunity to bloat his stock (rightfully so, as long as his play isn't detrimental to the team). That aside, I'm not sold on him being anything but a solid scoring option off the pine. If anyone spends starters money on him in the off season, I would question that investment. I'm curious to see what some GM's will appraise this dude for...

I would have placed Reggie Jackson's value before this off-season at about 8 million per year, maybe 10 million per year, at the most. But after seeing all these bloated contracts given out to average players this last off-season and now the new television revenue, I am not so sure about that anymore.

I could see his value creeping up to 13 or 14 million per season. It does sound crazy, but I think that is where the market will be.

hawksdogsbraves
11-13-2014, 02:35 AM
OKC needs to get max value for him - ship him up to Minny for Kevin Martin

russwest0
11-13-2014, 04:50 AM

Well most "solid scoring options off the pine" aren't 6'3 with elite athleticism and a 7'0 long wingspan. reggie has the tools to be a great starter. but he won't get to showcase it as much in okc. personally if I was him I'd stay in OKC as the sixth man competing for championships w/ the team that drafted him. yeah you get less money and some less stats but thats why guys like manu ginobli > jerry stackhouse.

All Net
11-13-2014, 04:51 AM
Can't see okc paying him the money he wants

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2014, 04:56 AM
Ginobli and Stackhouse are in different leagues talent wise. Harden and Ginobli would be a better comparison.

russwest0
11-13-2014, 04:57 AM
Ginobli and Stackhouse are in different leagues talent wise. Harden and Ginobli would be a better comparison.

We're talking about good players here man.

SOD 21
11-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo Sports wrote an article today saying that he just spoke with an Eastern Conference executive who said Reggie Jackson is a bigger and probably better version of Eric Bledsoe.

This executive believes Jackson will command $13 to $14 million per season this upcoming off-season.

Here's the article if anyone is interested:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reggie-jackson-embracing-the-task-of-saving-the-thunder-s-season-202546189.html

Eric Cartman
11-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo Sports wrote an article today saying that he just spoke with an Eastern Conference executive who said Reggie Jackson is a bigger and probably better version of Eric Bledsoe.

This executive believes Jackson will command $13 to $14 million per season this upcoming off-season.

Here's the article if anyone is interested:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reggie-jackson-embracing-the-task-of-saving-the-thunder-s-season-202546189.html

Would be horrible for whoever does such a stupid thing.

My money is on the Knicks.

pegasus
11-13-2014, 09:16 PM
OKC needs to get max value for him - ship him up to Minny for Kevin Martin
:roll: :roll: :applause: