PDA

View Full Version : The Knick (Clive Owen and Steven Soderberg team up)

dunksby
11-13-2014, 01:01 PM
This is such a good show, it's so rare when established actors and directors team up to produce a TV series. Every episode has been great so far, the cinematography is spectacular it's like watching a well produced movie in 10 parts.
The show is about the Knicker Bocker hospital in 1900s and no it's not an ER like series, the focus is on advances in surgery and medicine while exploring relationships between the staff. I highly recommend watching it. :cheers:

highwhey
11-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Arent you the southlanth guy too? We seem to like similar shows. But yeah, the knick is great. That last episode with the asian :applause:

NBAplayoffs2001
11-13-2014, 01:06 PM
This is such a good show, it's so rare when established actors and directors team up to produce a TV series. Every episode has been great so far, the cinematography is spectacular it's like watching a well produced movie in 10 parts.
The show is about the Knicker Bocker hospital in 1900s and no it's not an ER like series, the focus is on advances in surgery and medicine while exploring relationships between the staff. I highly recommend watching it. :cheers:

I'll keep this in mind :cheers:

dunksby
11-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Arent you the southlanth guy too? We seem to like similar shows. But yeah, the knick is great. That last episode with the asian :applause:
Yep, great minds :pimp:

Thorpesaurous
11-13-2014, 01:09 PM
The Knick was awesome. It's kind of a slow burn into a horror movie. And Soderberg has said he's coming back for a second season, which is definitively different from like when they plastered Scorcese's name to Boardwalk Empire because he directed the first episode. Soderberg did every episode.

There is a thread around here about it somewhere that has some good stuff in it.

dunksby
11-13-2014, 01:12 PM
The Knick was awesome. It's kind of a slow burn into a horror movie. And Soderberg has said he's coming back for a second season, which is definitively different from like when they plastered Scorcese's name to Boardwalk Empire because he directed the first episode. Soderberg did every episode.

There is a thread around here about it somewhere that has some good stuff in it.
That's the great thing about it, even great shows don't get to have a fixed director for a whole season let alone a director of Soderberg's caliber.
BTW I searched for an existing thread but couldn't find it, could you post a link?