PDA

View Full Version : The 76er are really young

moaz
11-13-2014, 01:59 PM
In fact they are the youngest team in the league.
Before tonight's game against the mavs, Dirk has scored 19,452 more points than the entire 76ers roster.

What do you does such a young team need to become a contender? Is the roster good enough and can evolve when Embiid joins? or do they need another piece?
I remember OKL being (they still are) also very young, but they were instantly good and didn't go through such bad seasons.

kurple
11-13-2014, 02:00 PM
they should trade McDaniels to Denver

chocolatethunder
11-13-2014, 02:37 PM
In fact they are the youngest team in the league.
Before tonight's game against the mavs, Dirk has scored 19,452 more points than the entire 76ers roster.

What do you does such a young team need to become a contender? Is the roster good enough and can evolve when Embiid joins? or do they need another piece?
I remember OKL being (they still are) also very young, but they were instantly good and didn't go through such bad seasons.
They need several pieces and will look to get one or two in this years upcoming draft. They are an uptempo team that has been collecting long and athletic players who are or who can become good defensive players. They desperately need shooting. I would guess that in this draft they will look for shooting. In 2015-16 look for them to start improving if Embiid is healthy. They will still suck but they won't be the worst team in the league. The year after that they should be in the playoff assuming everyone is healthy.

Also, I don't expect them to go after any free agents until they are ready to make a real run. This is all based on what Hinkie has said.

hateraid
11-13-2014, 02:41 PM
they should trade McDaniels to Denver

For who? Don't say Foye

SwishSquared
11-13-2014, 03:33 PM
They need a wing who can get his own shot and they need a perimeter guy that's a lights-out 3 point shooter (that's not a total defensive liability). Luckily they have 2 first rounders this upcoming draft (or at least should depending on MIA's record) and can maybe snag both of these guys. They'll also need all key pieces (such as Daric, Embiid, etc.) healthy and playing in the NBA instead of abroad so they can grow together.

Who knows what they may due to acquire more first round picks going forward, too. They may take on bad contracts for first rounders or maybe trade a current player.

This team is collecting so many talented guys that I'd be a little shocked if a few years down the road they don't have a scary good core.

ImKobe
11-13-2014, 03:36 PM
they need time to develop.....there's no quick fix. Just keep drafting young talent and develop your core, once the guys are a couple seasons in their production should rise and then you sign the missing pieces and contend.

Sixers are taking the OKC route.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Trade MCW for a wing, draft Mudiay, get Embiid healthy. Then it's just a matter of hoping they all pan out.

Mass Debator
11-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Damn that Dirk stat is interesting

SwishSquared
11-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Trade MCW for a wing, draft Mudiay, get Embiid healthy. Then it's just a matter of hoping they all pan out.
That could be what they're trying to do. I just wonder if they can manage to to pull that off. For example, if they take Mudiay and can find a taker for MCW so they can potentially get a guy like Oubre, that might interest Hinkie.

I'm not giving up on MCW though but that could be a way to try to maximize "star potential" for this franchise.

outbreak
11-13-2014, 04:06 PM
That could be what they're trying to do. I just wonder if they can manage to to pull that off. For example, if they take Mudiay and can find a taker for MCW so they can potentially get a guy like Oubre, that might interest Hinkie.

I'm not giving up on MCW though but that could be a way to try to maximize "star potential" for this franchise.

When I see MCW I still just see a guy who had free reign of a team and put up numbers while being inefficient, kind of the Lin factor. Could be a solid piece but I don't see him being a star tier player for a team going forward. From what I've heard about them trying to move him while people were high on him the front office might agree. Either way though they may not be the best quality to watch right now but they are going to be fun to follow for the next few years watching things pan out.

SwishSquared
11-13-2014, 04:14 PM
When I see MCW I still just see a guy who had free reign of a team and put up numbers while being inefficient, kind of the Lin factor. Could be a solid piece but I don't see him being a star tier player for a team going forward. From what I've heard about them trying to move him while people were high on him the front office might agree. Either way though they may not be the best quality to watch right now but they are going to be fun to follow for the next few years watching things pan out.
I'm extremely intrigued by this whole rebuild because of the level of unified commitment throughout the entire organization is nearly unprecedented.

I don't view MCW getting to a level of being a first or second option on a title contender and he may have a lower ceiling compared to other guys. I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't trade him, but it would have to be a deal for the Sixers where they get a better PG prospect in this year's draft and can still get a very talented wing. Like if they can pull that off, more power to them.

At that point, I think they may try to put it all together (sans Saric for at least 1 more season). They wouldn't win a bunch in 2015-2016, but provided everybody's healthy, you could probably start to see everything take shape I bet.

IncarceratedBob
11-13-2014, 04:16 PM
kobe has more points than the dallas starting lineup combined

moaz
11-13-2014, 04:30 PM
kobe has more points than the dallas starting lineup combined
I usually don't answer trolls or get in any Kobe/Lebron/KD?etc agendas, but I'm really in numbers

Kobe 31920 pts

Dallas starters
Jameer 8244
Monta 11731
Parsons 3116
Dirk 26953
Tyson 7453

Thats 57497 pts

In fact if we count Kobe's 13418 missed shots (and count them 1pt each, he missed after all), he still has 45338 pts, which is still less than Dallas starters.

If he hasn't miss any shot and all were 2 pointers he would still be only about 600 pts > the points the Mavs starters actually have.

el gringos
11-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Do you think wroten or Mcw will have a better future career? How much different is their trade value right now?

outbreak
11-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Do you think wroten or Mcw will have a better future career? How much different is their trade value right now?

From what I've seen I still can't decide who will have a better career. I want to say MCW but it'll come down to who can keep production up in a smaller role and who can find ways to contribute without dominating the ball once the team is winning. Dunno about trade value, would think MCW would have to have more though wouldn't he?

GOBB
11-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Sixers may be taking the OKC route but that netted them Durant an impact franchise player, Westbrook a top 5 PG, Harden a top SG. That was a nice haul. I dont see a Durant on this roster. I have no problem what the Sixers are doing. But when people say they are taking the OKC route, eh I dont agree. Our ROY MCW may be an Ex Sixer this time next year. I hope Embiid is legit. Be nice if he could be as good as a Demarcus Cousins. Double double guy, solid passing and defense. Not comparing their games just the impact/production.