Beer and steak?
Scotch and cigars?
Wine and cheese/pasta?
Champagne and caviar?
Other?

I'm a beer and beef snob so I say beer and steak

Charlie Sheen
11-13-2014, 05:10 PM
beer and fried food. probly grab a boston lager if im eating out.

Jailblazers7
11-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Beer and spicy food
Cognac is good with dessert
Champagne with brunch style foods is an obvious one

Joyner82reload
11-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Seafood+Witbier
Wings+Lager
Mexican+IPA
Cab Sauv with a steak

rufuspaul
11-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Beer and steak?
Scotch and cigars?
Wine and cheese/pasta?
Champagne and caviar?
Other?

I'm a beer and beef snob so I say beer and steak

All those pairings are great. Beer is perfect for pub food; burgers, wings, etc. Champaign goes great with fruit like strawberries but also with savory stuff like foie gras.

Joyner82reload
11-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Stella+Fish and chips=GOAT actually

LJJ
11-13-2014, 05:26 PM
After a long night of drinking beer or generally drinking too much alcohol and eating too little, doner is the greatest thing ever.

Swaggin916
11-14-2014, 02:58 AM
Beer and spicy food
Cognac is good with dessert
Champagne with brunch style foods is an obvious one

Yea beer and spicy stuff is awesome... I always order beer whenever I get Indian or Thai food.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Sangria and Steak. Had it at a local Cuban restaurant and loved that combo ever since.

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2014, 03:55 AM
Liquor + Women nothing beats this pair

plowking
11-14-2014, 04:05 AM
A steak and chips with a beer is just about the best thing there is. Pub culture is pretty big in Australia though. I'm not so sure it would be looked at as enthusiastically by Americans. Might be wrong though.

QuebecBaller
11-14-2014, 05:28 AM
Red wine and girl :D

code green
11-14-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm a big cabernet/steak guy. Never understood the pairing until hitting up a high end steak restaurant for the first time and they made me a believer.

Heading back my there in a couple of weeks for an anniversary. Super pumped.

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 02:01 PM
A steak and chips with a beer is just about the best thing there is. Pub culture is pretty big in Australia though. I'm not so sure it would be looked at as enthusiastically by Americans. Might be wrong though.

Unfortunately the (nighttime) drinking culture in America doesn't involve the consumption of food. How often do you get that? Just wondering since it's pretty hard to have that kind of meal with any frequency and stay in very good shape.

Jailblazers7
11-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Unfortunately the (nighttime) drinking culture in America doesn't involve the consumption of food. How often do you get that? Just wondering since it's pretty hard to have that kind of meal with any frequency and stay in very good shape.

I think drinking culture for people in their low-mid 20s is about getting food after binge drinking. And at that point it's about finding the best/cheapest street food you can get. My go to around where I live is this Cambodian-American fusion restaurant that stays open until 5.

qrich
11-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Beer (Shock Top) + Cajun/Louisiana Rub/Atomic Wings from Wing Stop >>

StephHamann
11-14-2014, 02:38 PM
cheap wodka + cheap women

hateraid
11-14-2014, 08:38 PM

I have a beer with food almost everyday and I'm in great shape. It's what you consume and how much through the day combined with how active you are.
In fact, when I was doing photo shoots i would drink all the time. I would even get loaded the night before because it leaned me out.

hateraid
11-14-2014, 08:41 PM
All those pairings are great. Beer is perfect for pub food; burgers, wings, etc. Champaign goes great with fruit like strawberries but also with savory stuff like foie gras.

Ah yes. But I find food pairing plus weather affect what beer and what pairing.
Winter I like Fish and chips with a stout. But in the summer i'll have it with a corona.
Wings and steak anytime with an ale. But with steak I'd go with a lager first.
Nachos with Heineken or Stella.
IPA strictly patio and with heavy starches.

JohnFreeman
11-14-2014, 08:44 PM
meat pie

NuggetsFan
11-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Cigarettes for the dummies who smoke. Reason it's impossible to quit atm for me. Having any kind of alcohol and getting a buzz and than having a smoke after an hour or two without is a great pairing. Beers/wings would be my second.