PDA

View Full Version : Thie Sixers are seriously bad for the NBA

masonanddixon
11-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Down 30 in the 2nd quarter. Not even pretending to be competitive. I bet no home fans even show up when they are on the road.

They are terrible for the league, the image of the sport, and for the fans.

Spaulding
11-13-2014, 10:17 PM
No shame

DMAVS41
11-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Down 30 in the 2nd quarter. Not even pretending to be competitive. I bet no home fans even show up when they are on the road.

Yep, but with the current draft lottery rules....it's pretty smart. People will come when they get good at home and on the road.

This team could be absurdly talented/good in a couple years.

R.I.P.
11-13-2014, 10:18 PM

Surprisingly Mavs arena is packed. Bad news for the Sixers is that the Mavs have blown so many 3rd quarter leads already this season that Carlisle will probably challenge them at halftime to come out with 100% effort in the 3rd, even if they are up 45 at halfime.

masonanddixon
11-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Surprisingly Mavs arena is packed. Bad news for the Sixers is that the Mavs have blown so many 3rd quarter leads already this season that Carlisle will probably challenge them at halftime to come out with 100% effort in the 3rd, even if they are up 45 at halfime.

lol that would be funny. I usually watch any Mavs game I can when I am free but it'sn pointless against the Sixers because you know they are actively trying to not win.

masonanddixon
11-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Yep, but with the current draft lottery rules....it's pretty smart. People will come when they get good at home and on the road.

This team could be absurdly talented/good in a couple years.

Their roster is pure garbage still. They have to hope and pray one of their big men turns out to be gold and even thats not anywhere near a certainty

Qwyjibo
11-13-2014, 10:23 PM
It's on the NBA to fix the system then. I don't blame the Sixers. This is Philly, it's not like they will be at risk of relocation so they can afford to try this.

bigt
11-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Make that 40 in the second quarter :oldlol:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-13-2014, 10:27 PM
How pissed off will everyone be after the Sixers become OKC East after this tank?

R.I.P.
11-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Make that 40 in the second quarter :oldlol:

Suprisingly the Sixers have been within four points in the 4th quarter in six games so far, but that was probably when they treated every game like game seven of the finals and now they settle in the every day feel.

DMAVS41
11-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Their roster is pure garbage still. They have to hope and pray one of their big men turns out to be gold and even thats not anywhere near a certainty

And there is certainty in running with Holiday and Thad Young to win 42 games every year?

Meh...they don't have garbage. Noel, MCW, Saric, and Embid is at least loads of talent.

You are looking at having the above and a top 3 pick this year....top 5 or so pick the following year. With loads of cap space to do whatever they want.

That potential is worth it in my opinion.

Genaro
11-13-2014, 10:30 PM
The GMs had their chance to change it and didn't. It's pretty bad for the league if you ask me.

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Saric aint here yet. And do you think MCW will want to stay with a tanking team?

Embiid hasn't played a game. And Noel after his surgery will have growing pains.

I don't see a franchise player out of that group.

DMAVS41
11-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Saric aint here yet. And do you think MCW will want to stay with a tanking team?

Embiid hasn't played a game. And Noel after his surgery will have growing pains.

There are very few sure things in the NBA, but I'd take that potential over what I know I have with scraping into the playoffs each year with no chance to win titles with the likes of Young and Holiday.

I hate the rules, but if winning the title is the goal...this is definitely smarter.

Magic731
11-13-2014, 10:34 PM

Surely they won't be tanking after this year. Next season their rotation will consist of MCW, Embiid, Noel, Saric, top 3 pick this draft. Whether they win or not they will be competing next season, not tanking.

DMAVS41
11-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Surely they won't be tanking after this year. Next season their rotation will consist of MCW, Embiid, Noel, Saric, top 3 pick this draft. Whether they win or not they will be competing next season, not tanking.

Yea...I bet they still suck...bottom 8 team in the league likely...but they won't full on tank like last year and this year.

bigt
11-13-2014, 10:39 PM

Isn't Saric going to be in Europe for another year after this one? Don't think they'll get him until 2016/17

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2014, 10:40 PM
lakers cant even be the best tank :facepalm

bigt
11-13-2014, 10:43 PM
lakers cant even be the best tank :facepalm

For what it's worth they're competing against an all time tank lineup.

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2014, 10:44 PM
For what it's worth they're competing against an all time tank lineup.

true, no shame in being 2nd to the best

bigt
11-13-2014, 10:47 PM
true, no shame in being 2nd to the best

Not to mention the ping pongs balls haven't been that kind to the worst team each year. Don't need to be the worst, just one of.

The Celtic/Laker rivalry shall continue in the hunt for the #1 pick :cheers:

jonathan
11-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Does anyone have a stream? This might actually be amusing to watch, hah.

KBaller33
11-13-2014, 10:54 PM
What's the mindset of the Sixers players knowing that every time you step on the court there's a good chance you will get blown out and embarrassed?

D-FENS
11-13-2014, 10:59 PM
If you're in the lottery for 5 straight years you should be forced to sell the team. 76ers aren't there yet, but this will be year 3.

Hinkie should be banned from the NBA

GOBB
11-13-2014, 11:04 PM
If you're in the lottery for 5 straight years you should be forced to sell the team. 76ers aren't there yet, but this will be year 3.

It's year 2. Not 3.

hahaitme
11-13-2014, 11:08 PM
0-82 here we come

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2014, 11:11 PM
Not to mention the ping pongs balls haven't been that kind to the worst team each year. Don't need to be the worst, just one of.

The Celtic/Laker rivalry shall continue in the hunt for the #1 pick :cheers:

a new rivalry this time at the bottom :cheers:

sportsfan76
11-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Looks like the 76ers should have moved to Atlantic City 2 years ago

sportsfan76
11-13-2014, 11:13 PM
0-82 here we come

if that happens everyone person involved with that organization would have to find a new career

sportsfan76
11-13-2014, 11:14 PM
How pissed off will everyone be after the Sixers become OKC East after this tank?

they are not tanking they have no GOOD PLAYERS

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-13-2014, 11:15 PM
76ers could trot out Dr. J/Moses Malone/Mo Cheeks even at their age right now and they would put up a better game than the 76ers have in uniform right now.

GOBB
11-13-2014, 11:16 PM
they are not tanking they have no GOOD PLAYERS

MCW
Wroten
Noel
KJ

Yeah no good players. :rolleyes:

navy
11-13-2014, 11:17 PM
MCW
Wroten
Noel
KJ

those arent good players. rookies and sophomores? :oldlol:

coin24
11-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Who the fu*k did they spend there cap on?? It's seriously not even d league level shit..

Teams like this and maybe all that finish under .400 should be banned from any of the profit sharing and league $$..
You want to play for the lotto, go for it, but do it at your own expense..

This is embarassing and unwatchable.

R.I.P.
11-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Richard Jefferson in and immediately -6.Every other Mavs is like +30.

GOBB
those arent good players. rookies and sophomores? :oldlol:

Yes they aren't good players, silly me. They are what? Love to read this term you attach to that list of players. Nitwit.

oh the horror
Even if they nab a top pick then what? They'd still be extremely young with a roster of players trying to develop for another several seasons.

mark

Sixers are above and beyond disgraceful. They shouldn't exist what's the point of a fifty point game, Dallas isn't even an elite team. Sixers are a disgrace. It's all about Silver allowing super teams, and other teams suffer because of it.

R.I.P.
11-13-2014, 11:21 PM
-8. ****ing get Jefferson out. He

GOBB
Who the fu*k did they spend there cap on?? It's seriously not even d league level shit..

Teams like this and maybe all that finish under .400 should be banned from any of the profit sharing and league $$..
You want to play for the lotto, go for it, but do it at your own expense..

This is embarassing and unwatchable.

Should've did what your Lakers did. Oh wait, what was the difference there? :no: Chances of your team finishing above .400 arent great. Be careful what you wish for.

Droid101
We need a minor league to demote teams to, if they play this bad. This is embarrassing.

coin24
11-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Should've did what your Lakers did. Oh wait, what was the difference there? :no: Chances of your team finishing above .400 arent great. Be careful what you wish for.

We're still watchable.. Barely:oldlol:

navy
Yes they aren't good players, silly me. They are what? Love to read this term you attach to that list of players. Nitwit.
They are all below average. What are you smoking. good potential, but right now? terrible team, terrible players.

GOBB
Sixers are above and beyond disgraceful. They shouldn't exist what's the point of a fifty point game, Dallas isn't even an elite team. Sixers are a disgrace. It's all about Silver allowing super teams, and other teams suffer because of it.

You do realize blowouts happen in a season? You guys are drama queens.

sportsfan76
11-13-2014, 11:24 PM
MCW
Wroten
Noel
KJ

MCW is not playing

GOBB
11-13-2014, 11:25 PM
They are all below average. What are you smoking. good potential, but right now? terrible team, terrible players.

Below average? You're clearly clueless. Terrible team does not = all terrible players. Common sense should have told you that but eh I guess not. Sucks for you.

sportsfan76
11-13-2014, 11:25 PM
We need a minor league to demote teams to, if they play this bad. This is embarrassing.

They will be a little better when MCW returns

GOBB
11-13-2014, 11:26 PM
MCW is not playing

They will be a little better when MCW returns

Yes he is jackass. You laugh at the score and do not realize who is actually playing. You kids are morons. Must be tanking at life. :facepalm

R.I.P.
11-13-2014, 11:26 PM
MCW is not playing

No he is playing, shooting like 3-17 or something. Good player he is.

R.I.P.
11-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Another 3rd quarter meltdown by the Mavs. Losing by two. :facepalm

bigt
11-13-2014, 11:32 PM
a new rivalry this time at the bottom :cheers:

Started from the top now we here :pimp:

Droid101
11-13-2014, 11:38 PM
GOBB's patience for tanking is running out apparently. :roll:

D-FENS
11-13-2014, 11:39 PM
It's year 2. Not 3.

http://i.imgur.com/LzKlFeV.png

sportsfan76
11-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Yes he is jackass. You laugh at the score and do not realize who is actually playing. You kids are morons. Must be tanking at life. :facepalm

yo pump your brakes dawg

GOBB
11-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Hinkie is in his second season running the show. Not 3. Clearly you cant count and you are a moron. You posted a photo that proved my point.

Year 1 of tank 19-63
Year 2 of tank 0-7, soon to be 0-8

1, 2. One, two. Not 3 or three.

GOBB's patience for tanking is running out apparently. :roll:

You're wrong. My patience is fine. This blowout does not bother me. My patience for idiots is thin however. Like the jackass who says MCW isnt playing when he clearly is.

yo pump your brakes dawg

Or else what shithead? Shut your mouth.

D-FENS
11-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Hinkie is in his second season running the show. Not 3. Clearly you cant count and you are a moron.

I never mentioned Hinkie except for the end. 76ers are in year 3 of being the NBA's doormat

sportsfan76
11-13-2014, 11:49 PM
Hinkie is in his second season running the show. Not 3. Clearly you cant count and you are a moron. You posted a photo that proved my point.

Year 1 of tank 19-63
Year 2 of tank 0-7, soon to be 0-8

1, 2. One, two. Not 3 or three.

You're wrong. My patience is fine. This blowout does not bother me. My patience for idiots is thin however. Like the jackass who says MCW isnt playing when he clearly is.

Or else what shithead? Shut your mouth.

well I got so used to seeing MCW in a suit so I thought he was out. I am not watching that bullsh*T as game

The Plus Size Nudie Bar for women over 40 has more appeal:oldlol:

GOBB
11-13-2014, 11:52 PM
I never mentioned Hinkie except for the end. 76ers are in year 3 of being the NBA's doormat

Right because other teams havent? Kings? Cavs? Bobcats? :rolleyes:

stalkerforlife
11-13-2014, 11:55 PM
They need to do something about the blatant tanking.

The Sixers are a disgrace to the game and the fans that spend their money on it.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 12:00 AM
They need to do something about the blatant tanking.

The Sixers are a disgrace to the game and the fans that spend their money on it.

Kings have avg 26.8 wins per season the past 8 seasons where they have lived in the lottery. The most wins during this 8 year stench was 38. But Sixers are a disgrace to the game and the fans that spend their money on it. What about the Kings and their fans? :oldlol:

Give me a break with your soap box crapola. You guys kill me. Its bad bad bad to blatantly tank. Its quite ok, or we can overlook it when you're consistent bad bad bad. Makes sense, logical and such.

Droid101
11-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Right because other teams havent? Kings? Cavs? Bobcats? :rolleyes:
Uh, those teams are trying to win, regardless of results.

Sixers are a ****ing disgrace two years on now.

stalkerforlife
11-14-2014, 12:10 AM

Exactly.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 12:13 AM

Trying to win how exactly? By not coming out and saying what they are doing? :oldlol: Come on, dont be naive. And the Lakers are playing for the offseason given the moves they made. Signing 1yr deals for the most part (only Nick Young signed for longer than 1 year). The amount of cap space available is signficant not by accident. Tomato tomatoe

Sixers are a disgrace but the Kings past 8 years is understandable. Get the f*ck outta here.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 12:22 AM
the 76ers have sucked ass before. That one 76er's team lead by Fred Carter in the 70s never won shit either. Some say that was one of the shittiest 76er's teams of all time. The Shawn Bradley era Sixers were pretty ****ing terrible also. I think this current 76er's team can beat that 76er's team that drafted Shawn Bradley.

D-FENS
11-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Trying to win how exactly? By not coming out and saying what they are doing? :oldlol: Come on, dont be naive. And the Lakers are playing for the offseason given the moves they made. Signing 1yr deals for the most part (only Nick Young signed for longer than 1 year). The amount of cap space available is signficant not by accident. Tomato tomatoe

Maybe you guys can sign Elton Brand again...

D-FENS
11-14-2014, 12:30 AM

3 years now

sixerfan82
11-14-2014, 12:32 AM
They found a plan and are sticking with it.

We were never going to win anything with Holiday, nor any of the players we had. Many Sixer fans feel we got very lucky with MCW.

Adding Nerlens(who is doing nicely so far) and Embiid IF he turns out to be something great, will make it all worth it.

The 'core' that we have now will rotate into role players and we will have about 5-6 different potent weapons.

It's a very smart plan, just need patience now.

UK2K
11-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Kind of annoying they want to suck as much ass as they can stomach but if I was a Sixers fan I'd be pumped.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Sixers can be back in the play-offs next season if they draft/sign the right player in the off season.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 12:40 AM
3 years now

It's 2. Not 3. I have no idea where you are getting 3 from.

19 wins last season, gonna be low this season. you're counting the season when they were 34-48? 1. They were not trying to lose. 2. There were TEN teams who won LESS. And 1 team tied with them for wins. 3. You're an idiot.

CJ Mustard
11-14-2014, 12:44 AM
One more year of this ridiculous tanking should get them kicked out of the league.

Eric Cartman
11-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Sixers message to their fans:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fA2ASRUjAU4

D-FENS
11-14-2014, 12:47 AM
It's 2. Not 3. I have no idea where you are getting 3 from.

19 wins last season, gonna be low this season. you're counting the season when they were 34-48? 1. They were not trying to lose. 2. There were TEN teams who won LESS. And 1 team tied with them for wins. 3. You're an idiot.

The 76ers, where 34 wins is viewed as a winning season :roll:

Andrew Toney and Dr J must be rolling in their graves

GOBB
11-14-2014, 12:47 AM
One more year of this ridiculous tanking should get them kicked out of the league.

Your Bucks won less games than the Sixers. And you guys werent tanking. :roll:

Cut the shit. You fans are hilarious.

D-FENS
11-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Sixers can be back in the play-offs next season if they draft/sign the right player in the off season.

Who is gonna want to play for that mess of a franchise? They aren't getting any free agents. Jeff Malone, Caldwell Jones and Clarence Weatherspoon are not walking through that door.

hateraid
11-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Sixers had worse futility in the 90's before finally being competitive. And that's when we won multiple lotteries. It's been worse. But last year's and this year's teams are understandible. We started the year with no returning starters and an injured PG. Yet we almost beat Chicago?
It's not like we're tanking. We're developing and showcasing potential trade scenarios. Loses were inevitable. But the upside is very promising which makes the losing tolerable

hawksdogsbraves
11-14-2014, 12:49 AM
I guarantee you the Sixers won't make the playoffs next year. They'll be tanking again.

Embiid and Saric will be good but not in their first years. Noel also needs time to develop, and MCW frankly isn't going to carry anybody to anything.

The good thing to come out of all of this is that the lottery rules will likely be changed.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 12:50 AM
The 76ers, where 34 wins is viewed as a winning season :roll:

Andrew Toney and Dr J must be rolling in their graves

Huh? Where was that typed or implied?

*looks*

Nowhere. I shitted on your "3 years of being a disgrace" nonsense. Your entire argument is the Sixers are a disgraced based on INTENTIONALLY PUTTING TOGETHER BAD ROSTERS. This has happened 2 seasons, not 3 as you suggested. 2 seasons ago the Sixers were NOT trying to lose. All you did was look at the win total and ASSume. And fail miserably at it. Swallow your pride whatever left of it and just take the LOSS. Fall on the knife.

Its 2 years not 3.

Dro
11-14-2014, 12:51 AM
So much hostility in this thread.....

GOBB
I guarantee you the Sixers won't make the playoffs next year. They'll be tanking again.

Embiid and Saric will be good but not in their first years. Noel also needs time to develop, and MCW frankly isn't going to carry anybody to anything.

The good thing to come out of all of this is that the lottery rules will likely be changed.

Hawks fan base is a disgrace. How dare you march in here with your shit. You clowns and the soapboxes you stand on are a riot.

MiseryCityTexas
Philly needs to make Pat Croce the general manager again. He used to put his heart and soul into making the 76ers a better team back in the day.

bdreason
Relegation rule. Worst two records in the NBA go to the D-League the following season.

I'm not sure this 76ers team could hang with the D-League to be honest. Santa Cruz Warriors would light these fools up.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Relegation rule. Worst two records in the NBA go to the D-League the following season.

I'm not sure this 76ers team could hang with the D-League to be honest. Santa Cruz Warriors would light these fools up.

People are underestimating the shit out of the D-League. There's point guards in the D-League that could easily take Jeremy Lin's starting job right now.

GOBB

You dont even believe that load of crap. :oldlol: Sixers have been in most of the games they lost this season, for 3 quarters. Shit the bed in the 4th. They would spank DLeague teams. Some of the guys on the Sixers beasted in the DLeague. Sixers are supposedly to be adding a guy from the Dleague who was beasting. Robert Covington?

Mr. I'm So Rad

They made the playoffs in 2012 :biggums:

Eric Cartman
11-14-2014, 12:56 AM

Splash brothers lite would run the Sixers out of the building.

D-FENS
11-14-2014, 12:59 AM
They made the playoffs in 2012 :biggums:

I never said they had missed 5 years, I said IF you miss 5 years in a row. Sixers have 2 more losing seasons after this year and they would have to sell under my rules.

LOL at GOBB, 34 wins is trying and a good team :roll:

GOBB
11-14-2014, 01:01 AM
Love watching kids struggle. :oldlol:

Droid101
11-14-2014, 01:03 AM
3 years now
I apologize. You're right.

Sixers are not just tanking for picks, but ABSOLUTELY embarrassing for three years now.

Why don't we have a league to demote them to yet?

fourkicks44
11-14-2014, 01:04 AM

I never said they had missed 5 years, I said IF you miss 5 years in a row. Sixers have 2 more losing seasons after this year and they would have to sell under my rules.

LOL at GOBB, 34 wins is trying and a good team :roll:

What are you talking about? Are you sniffing paint? You sound like a complete idiot.

Your "rules" are full of sh!t and so are you.

hateraid
11-14-2014, 01:04 AM
How fast did you guys expect us to start winning? Think about last year. We had money invested in a core of Turner, Young, and Hawes. Judging by how those players are doing now, we pulled the right moves. With that core wethis year we wouldn't have had anymore wins AND no upside. We are 1 year removed from that core. To build an immediately competitive team would be a miracle.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 01:09 AM
I apologize. You're right.

Sixers are not just tanking for picks, but ABSOLUTELY embarrassing for three years now.

Why don't we have a league to demote them to yet?

And look another idiot agreeing with said idiot aftr I already shitted on this 3 years nonsense. Different roster, different front office, different approaches. And 3 seasons ago there were 10 teams who won less and 1 team tied with them. You sat here you nitwit and argued how the Kings atleast were not trying to lose vs what Sixers are doing. And you cant see that the Sixers 3 years ago were not trying to lose. Are you naturally retarded or just practicing to be?

Your quote...

"Uh, those teams are trying to win, regardless of results."

^^^this applies to the sixers 3 seasons ago. Especially under Doug Collins.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 01:10 AM
How fast did you guys expect us to start winning? Think about last year. We had money invested in a core of Turner, Young, and Hawes. Judging by how those players are doing now, we pulled the right moves. With that core wethis year we wouldn't have had anymore wins AND no upside. We are 1 year removed from that core. To build an immediately competitive team would be a miracle.

Most of these players with the exception of Young became bums after the 76ers traded them. Even Iggy fell off.

ROCSteady
11-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Feels good to have a DC team so much better than a Philly team in Pro Sports. The gap is never this wide. I don't hate the 6ers but read above.

Droid101
11-14-2014, 01:14 AM
GOBB taking losses, as usual. Should never have made that backfire-ready "Cavs fans, this is how you make a big move" thread. Terrible. Set your franchise (and your posterhood) back years and years. You and your team still suck and will for the next decade at least, at this rate.

Droid101
11-14-2014, 01:16 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273972

Not hold onto this unproven talent because you value your assets way too highly. Maybe when your teams balls drop you'll make a gutsy move like the Sixers did. Enjoy rebuilding tho.

GOBB, stay losing along with the shit Sixers.

D-FENS
11-14-2014, 01:18 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273972

GOBB, stay losing along with the shit Sixers.

:applause:

Cold soul
11-14-2014, 01:21 AM
Mavs 123, Sixers 70.

https://i.imgflip.com/c8qbf.gif

D-FENS
11-14-2014, 01:23 AM
76ers may as well suit up MJ's two kids. Better than anyone currently on their roster

Just2McFly
11-14-2014, 01:26 AM
I hate tanking

GOBB
11-14-2014, 01:52 PM
GOBB taking losses, as usual. Should never have made that backfire-ready "Cavs fans, this is how you make a big move" thread. Terrible. Set your franchise (and your posterhood) back years and years. You and your team still suck and will for the next decade at least, at this rate.

What are you even talkin about? Notice you avoid me embarrassing your argument and logic? Let's recap shithead.

Sixers are a disgrace for tanking past 3 seasons they say

I mention kings have been living in the lottery past 8 seasons. They avg during this run 26-27 wins per game.

You say "they weren't trying to lose tho it's different".

I mention 3 seasons ago Sixers were run by a different front office, approach. No different than what you were excusing Kings performance past 8 years was.

You ignore fatal facts then talk about something else.

The irony is that you are losing more games than the Sixers and tanking at the game called LIFE.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 01:53 PM
I hate tanking

You hate tanking but are ok with being bad for years. Makes sense

Sarcastic
11-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Mavs 123, Sixers 70.

https://i.imgflip.com/c8qbf.gif

Mavs could have gone scoreless in the second half, and still won by 3 points.

Cobra Kai
11-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Complete and utter rubbish.

Droid101
11-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Mavs could have gone scoreless in the second half, and still won by 3 points.
I even said that when I saw the halftime score. I told my wife "The Mavs should just hold the ball for 24 seconds each possession. I bet money they'd still win." :roll:

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm totally ok with what's happening. This will be the last year of it though. Next year will be somewhat better.

On anither note, Wroten looked like his normal shitty self without the ball in his hands all the time.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Wroten is nothing more than a 6th man.

And I don't see why posters are acting like they never witnessed a team get blown out. Shits happened every season just about.

Just2McFly
11-14-2014, 02:35 PM
You hate tanking but are ok with being bad for years. Makes sense
I dont understand. You'd rather have your team willing throwing games instead of learning how to win as a group? You guys have enough talent, stop being p*ssies and start grinding.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Wroten is nothing more than a 6th man.

And I don't see why posters are acting like they never witnessed a team get blown out. Shits happened every season just about.
I cannot stand Wroten haha and he'll be gone once the team is better.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 02:45 PM
I dont understand. You'd rather have your team willing throwing games instead of learning how to win as a group? You guys have enough talent, stop being p*ssies and start grinding.
They aren't throwing games, they have no talent. The only players on that team who are NBA players are MCW, Noel, McDaniels and then there are few fringe guys like Wroten, Shved etc. This is not a team that can win much. They have a coach who is an excellent player development guy but with a roster without even five really solid NBA players, regardless of how hard they play, they will not win many games. That's just reality. The tank in Philly isn't in what the coach or players are doing, it's with the roster they've fielded. Please tell me how "throwing games" will help Hollis Thompson's career or Chris Johnson's, or any of the other D-League level talent on their roster. It won't and that's why you won't find players "tanking". The player doesn't benefit from it at all. Stop reading sensationalized stupid stories and believing them.

HOoopCityJones
11-14-2014, 02:48 PM
ESPN praising their willingness to tank and shitting on Lakers for being so bad.

Most ass backwards reporting Ive ever seen.

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 02:48 PM
I think Tony Scrotum gets way more flak then he deserves. Yes he's a little reckless and turnover happy but he's young and still learning the game.

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Replace them with a D-League team.

Seriously though, this shit is horrible for the NBA. I understand that if there's a loophole, might as well take advantage of it, and the blame is on the NBA more than the Sixers but this stuff is just ugly. Makes the league look awful especially to the casual bball fan/ the football fan who starts paying attention to the NBA after Christmas.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Horrible for the NBA? Why is it the Sixers are God awful bad and people want to talk like politicians. Like the Bobcats Wolves Kings Cavs post bron never existed. Teams have been blown out before. Teams have been bad LONGER than the Sixers stretch.

They aren't throwing games. As said they aren't very talented. This team was built this way so winning wouldnt take place. The players and coach do not gameplan to lose. They want to win, execute, etc. These guys are digging and grinding. In fact when Sixers win it will because of high energy hustle effort.

If u watched the Sixers and honestly I can't blame u or anyone who hasn't. They have been IN games for 3 quarters and shit the bed in the 4th. I typed this already I guess people don't care or think I'm making shit up. Last night was bad and any and everything they could go wrong did. It happens.

tontoz
11-14-2014, 03:39 PM
ESPN praising their willingness to tank and shitting on Lakers for being so bad.

Most ass backwards reporting Ive ever seen.

One team had no intention of trying to win this year. One team wanted to win and just sucks.

hateraid
11-14-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm totally ok with what's happening. This will be the last year of it though. Next year will be somewhat better.

On anither note, Wroten looked like his normal shitty self without the ball in his hands all the time.

You had to go there! J/J

I think people are lumping together everything from Post November to now and calling it tanking. We had a blowout sale last year and got rid of all our vets. Standard recover time for that is at least 2 or 3 years. We are not even 1 year removed.
Another thing people don't realize is we do not have 1 experienced vet in our starting line-up. We're a developing young team. Losing is a given, we're not aspiring to lose.
I'm sold on the plan.

GOBB
12-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Meanwhile Sixers are 2-18, Pistons 3-18 (lost to Sixers), Wolves 4-18 (lost to Sixers), NYK 4-18 (What did Phil Jackson say about them recently?) and Charlotte 5-15/Lakers 5-16. But Sixers are seriously bad for the NBA, can't beat Kentucky, can't hang in the Dleague, franchise has been set back for years & years according to one idiot.

You guys are hilarious. :facepalm

Styles p
12-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Meanwhile Sixers are 2-18, Pistons 3-18 (lost to Sixers), Wolves 4-18 (lost to Sixers), NYK 4-18 (What did Phil Jackson say about them recently?) and Charlotte 5-15/Lakers 5-16. But Sixers are seriously bad for the NBA, can't beat Kentucky, can't hang in the Dleague, franchise has been set back for years & years according to one idiot.

You guys are hilarious. :facepalm

also remember stan van gundy talking about how the sixers are bad for the league last season? funny how his pistons just lost to us. :oldlol:

GOBB
12-09-2014, 09:59 PM
also remember stan van gundy talking about how the sixers are bad for the league last season? funny how his pistons just lost to us. :oldlol:

Yup, another big mouth. Haven't heard much from him like these clowns in here. :cheers:

GOBB
01-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Bump for some idiots that replied in here

Marchesk
01-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Same number of wins as Knicks, Wolves now.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2015, 10:57 PM
cavs are bad for the nba :D