PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play hearthstone?

joe
11-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Blizzard never got me with world of warcraft, but those bastards have me in their grips now..

This is a really good card game. It is similar to Magic the Gathering, but with some very key differences.

1) Your opponent cannot choose to block with his creatures. You as the attacker choose who to attack; creatures or the heroes life total.

2) You can almost never play a spell on your opponents turn. In other words, there are no instant spells. The only exception to this are Secrets, which are only in a minority of decks.

3) You start with 30 life instead of 20. You have 30 cards in your deck, never more never less.

4) You do not play Mana from your deck; each player gains one mana per turn until they have 10, which is the maximum. No more being mana screwed! Unless you simply dont have enough to play the spells you want, but that is different.

In any event, the game is free to play and free to download. Of course, you can put money into the game to buy card packs and DLC. That is not a necessity, though it would speed up your progress quite a bit. I was initially completely opposed to spending money on the game, but its a damn good game. Blizzard really did a good job with it. I think I will put some money into it here at some point.

Any one on Ish play? Interested in playing? What are your thoughts on this awesomely addictive drug called Hearthstone..

senelcoolidge
11-14-2014, 12:58 AM
Path of Exile..FTW!

Droid101
11-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Garbage. Play dota2 or gtfo.