PDA

View Full Version : Demar DeRozan is the most overrated player in the league

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2014, 11:52 PM
(After Kobe). Replace him with Kyle Korver and we improve markedly.

SugarHill
11-13-2014, 11:53 PM
traitor

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Sorry, I just hate watching this guy hog the ball and take the most retarded shots. He's really no better than Rudy Gay.

BurningHammer
11-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Demar just has off nights way too often.

masonanddixon
11-13-2014, 11:58 PM
lol I didn't know Derozean was even rated by anyone.

I have literally never heard him mentioned in any discussion of good players.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2014, 11:59 PM
1) He made the all-star team
2) There are people on this forum who literally think he's better than Harden. Not gonna dig up posts but i've seen it.

SugarHill
11-14-2014, 12:00 AM
lol I didn't know Derozean was even rated by anyone.

I have literally never heard him mentioned in any discussion of good players.

He's literally an all-star. :rolleyes:

Qwyjibo
11-14-2014, 12:00 AM
He's earned some leeway after last year. I never thought he'd be more than an average starter but I think he qualifies as "above-average" now.

But yeah, he's still overrated due to the SG spot being piss poor in the NBA. The wrong Raptor was an All-Star last year. It should've been Lowry.

J Shuttlesworth
11-14-2014, 12:01 AM
3-13 tonight

Sounds dominant. Probably the next Kobe :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Kyle Lowry is easily out best player. Like it's not even close.

Legends66NBA7
11-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Except nobody talks about him outside of Rap fans. How does that make him overrated ? Yeah, he has his flaws and he was terrible tonight. Doesn't mean the overrated label is plugged on him when it doesn't apply.

AKADS
11-14-2014, 12:02 AM
He is a very solid player he is just trying to do to much.

dontgetchoked
11-14-2014, 12:03 AM
give him another chance, its not his fault he got locked up by jimmy buckets

RoundMoundOfReb
Except nobody talks about him outside of Rap fans. How does that make him overrated ? Yeah, he has his flaws and he was terrible tonight. Doesn't mean the overrated label is plugged on him when it doesn't apply.

1) He made the all-star team
2) There are people on this forum who literally think he's better than Harden. Not gonna dig up posts but i've seen it.

Legends66NBA7
He's earned some leeway after last year. I never thought he'd be more than an average starter but I think he qualifies as "above-average" now.

But yeah, he's still overrated due to the SG spot being piss poor in the NBA. The wrong Raptor was an All-Star last year. It should've been Lowry.

They were both all-stars.

Joe Johnson was selected over Lowry because it came down to a vote from the coaches.

Legends66NBA7
11-14-2014, 12:06 AM

Nobody actually thinks he's better than Harden. If they are, they were being biased or people who have said that say it because they hate Harden. Thompson, Ellis, and Stephenson have also gotten votes over Harden.

I could find a bunch of more links that have Harden over every other SG and that would be accurate.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Point is people think he's a significantly above average ("all-star caliber") 2-guard. When he simply isn't.

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Terrible thread title and assertion.

Derozen is a fine player who has made leaps of improvement over the past 6 years. He's no superstar but a definitive all star and deservingly so. If anything he isn't talked about enough. The guy has an off night on tnt and all of sudden he's the butt end of an overrated thread.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 12:25 AM
People only remember him from hanging out with Lil Romeo in college until the Raptors became a good team.

Suguru101
11-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Switch him for Klay Thompson and the Raptors are legit.

Milbuck
11-14-2014, 12:45 AM
There are people on this forum who literally think he's better than Harden.
Because he is?

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 01:00 AM
Switch him for Klay Thompson and the Raptors are legit.

I disagree. We get more than enough productivity from the guards on this team. It's another "legit" big that we're lacking. We're left to exposure when Patterson and Hans are out there together. I hate to admit it but Bosh would look really good in this lineup. Amir off the bench would be sex.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Funny how DeRozen is overrated now, but didn't nobody know who he was when the Raptors were losing.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 01:07 AM
and I remember everyone was saying Kyle Lowry was not an all star caliber point guard until the Raptors started winning games.

BurningHammer
11-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Funny how DeRozen is overrated now, but didn't nobody know who he was when the Raptors were losing.

and I remember everyone was saying Kyle Lowry was not an all star caliber point guard until the Raptors started winning games.

This is how Raptors works in USA.

avonbarksdale
11-14-2014, 02:25 AM
he is so good this was his worst game so far

Nets fan 93
11-14-2014, 02:31 AM
Do you live under a rock? Derozan gets a lot of attention.

tpols
11-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Based on what ive seen he has an entitlement issue with isoing and is pretty inefficient.

Wouldnt want him.

Fire Colangelo
11-14-2014, 02:46 AM
Based on what ive seen he has an entitlement issue with isoing and is pretty inefficient.

Wouldnt want him.

:rolleyes:

andremiller07
11-14-2014, 03:41 AM
It's all about Jimmy Buckets dude is a monster, that lock down D and the new offensive game :bowdown:

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
11-14-2014, 04:33 AM
OP is a dumbass and I don't want to pour in all the hate but..

For an athletic player, DeMar DeRozan is so flat footed and has a terrible first step. Seems most of the times he's dribble in one place and doesn't have much explosion off the dribble.. looks like he's walking in mud at times. Perhaps he has foot problems?

just my 2cents.. still a good player doe.
Holy I say the EXACT same thing. I watch every Raptor game and notice that too. Butch Carter said that one of his legs is longer than the other and that is why he gets beat on defence so often. His defence is horrid, as bad as james hardens but he doesnt get criticized for it because no one actually watches Raptor games
He has crazy hops but he is slow as sh*t, he struggles to get around his man and to the basket in the half court which is one of the reasons he settles for so many mid range j's. I honestly can say the dude is over rated. He gets so many points from a bad whistle and easy buckets created from other.

JebronLames
11-14-2014, 05:49 AM
He's not an all star. Kevin martin is better than him. Cant even shoot threes.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2014, 06:35 AM
It's all about Jimmy Buckets dude is a monster, that lock down D and the new offensive game :bowdown:
Replace DeRozan with Butler on this team and we're so much better. But watch DeRozan end up being an all star and Butler not even be considered.

Dunaprenti
11-14-2014, 07:00 AM
Can you tell me why that would be the case? Bulls are a solid team thus far in the East, they get plenty of prime time games, not to metion they have a huge fanbase/big market.
Read his post again.
The situation he describes is if Derozan and Butler switched places.

Legends66NBA7
11-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Do you live under a rock? Derozan gets a lot of attention.

Not enough attention, I guess. If you are talking about US coverage and attention, I have no idea. I've read that he isn't watched much.

Online, there are also people on this forum (and others) don't even have DeRozan as a Top 10 SG going into this season. Is that what's accurate now ?

Legends66NBA7
11-14-2014, 08:36 AM
OP is a dumbass and I don't want to pour in all the hate but..

For an athletic player, DeMar DeRozan is so flat footed and has a terrible first step. Seems most of the times he's dribble in one place and doesn't have much explosion off the dribble.. looks like he's walking in mud at times. Perhaps he has foot problems?

just my 2cents.. still a good player doe.

He's always had a slow first step, which goes back to his high school days. He does have a good finishing step. His athleticism is really defined on his hops. He's had to work on a lot of the rest of his game and lived on jumpers because his athletic ability isn't that good.

kurple
11-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Kyle Lowry is easily out best player. Like it's not even close.
people dont care. ISH thought Iggy was the best Nugget in that 57win season

poido123
11-14-2014, 09:24 AM
(After Kobe). Replace him with Kyle Korver and we improve markedly.

He was held by perhaps the best perimeter defender in the league.

Don't worry, your boy Bron will soon find out.

red1
11-14-2014, 09:40 AM
that was painful watching him get locked up by butler. w.e though that was only 1 of 4 games played between these teams this season

poido123
11-14-2014, 09:43 AM
that was painful watching him get locked up by butler. w.e though that was only 1 of 4 games played between these teams this season

After watching that game, I genuinely fear the Raps.

They play hard, they are unpredictable at times and if they put a good series together they can certainly beat us.

Derozan is a very good player, Jimmy has just taken his defense to a new level which lebron will find out next time.