PDA

View Full Version : The NBA stole a win from the Kings...

I.R.Beast
11-14-2014, 12:27 AM
" In any period, when the game clock displays 10ths of seconds and play is to be resumed by a throw-in or a free throw when 3/10 (.3) of a second or less remains on the game clock, a player may not gain possession of the ball and try for a field goal. Such player can only score a field goal by means of a tap of a pass or of a missed free throw"

So please explain to me how courtney lee caught the ball and did a reverse layup in 03 seconds?...

JohnFreeman
11-14-2014, 12:28 AM
GTS posted this in the GT

[QUOTE=gts][I]NO LESS THAN :00.3 must expire on the game clock and shot clock when a ball is thrown inbounds and then hit instantly out-of-bounds. If less than :00.3 expires in such a situation, the timer will be instructed to deduct AT LEAST :00.3 from the game clock and shot clock. If, in the judgment of the official, the play took longer than :00.3, he will instruct the timer to deduct more time. If :00.3 or less remain on the game clock when this situation occurs, the period is over. If :00.3 or less remain on the shot clock when this situation occurs, a shot clock violation is called.

The game clock and shot clock must show :00.3 or more in order for a player to secure possession of the ball on a rebound or throw-in to attempt a field goal. Instant replay shall be utilized if the basket is successful on this type of play and the game clock runs to 0:00 or the shot clock expires on a made basket and the officials are not reasonably certain that the ball was released prior to the expiration of the shot clock. The only type of field goal which may be scored if the game clock and shot clock are at :00.2 or :00.1 is a

I.R.Beast
11-14-2014, 12:36 AM
That rule is so dumb.... you're immediatly deducting 0.3 on a catch or tip, but you're allowing a catch and FG attempt on 0.3?.....the ****?....that is humanly impossible....

T_L_P
11-14-2014, 12:38 AM
How can you say the NBA stole a W from the Kings when they did everything in their power to lose it?

TaLvsCuaL
11-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Maybe a legit complaint, but sadly this happens everyday in any sport competition. Refs have too much influence on the game, and often favor excessively the teams playing at home, and the big markets. Also there is that stupid star system which allows some players get phantom foul calls whenever they want.

MiseryCityTexas
11-14-2014, 12:42 AM
" In any period, when the game clock displays 10ths of seconds and play is to be resumed by a throw-in or a free throw when 3/10 (.3) of a second or less remains on the game clock, a player may not gain possession of the ball and try for a field goal. Such player can only score a field goal by means of a tap of a pass or of a missed free throw"

So please explain to me how courtney lee caught the ball and did a reverse layup in 03 seconds?...

Till this day, Courtney Lee still stay missing layups.

I.R.Beast
11-14-2014, 12:44 AM
How can you say the NBA stole a W from the Kings when they did everything in their power to lose it?
Basketball is very predictable ....every team gives up big leads....just the nature of the game...however 0.3 seconds is by no means enough time to catch a ball clutch it and throw up a reverse layup....

ukfan22
11-14-2014, 12:45 AM
the first 2 posts seem to contradict

if the first one is from the rule book it's pretty explicit

andremiller07
11-14-2014, 03:30 AM
You can't steal stupidity and the team is full of it, how the **** can you blow that game.

Jyap9675
11-14-2014, 03:55 AM
Kings should blame themselves, they screwed up their defense and didnt make their free throws. Can't with with those happening.