PDA

View Full Version : USDA to allow U.S. chicken to be processed in China

senelcoolidge
11-14-2014, 01:09 AM
This country is going in the wrong direction in so many ways. This is just another example. So now they want to ship chicken from the U.S. to China and have it processed there..than that chicken would be brought back to the U.S. to our dinner tables. Why are they doing this? Well these companies want to save money..:facepalm . More jobs are leaving the country. These companies are being very greedy. They figure that it cost $11 per person in the U.S. to process the chicken here..and it would cost $1 per person to process their product in China. Even if they kept work in the U.S. they would still make millions/billions of dollars. I find this ludicrous. We need to bring back manufacturing and work to this country. Now this amnesty for illegals would be another big blow to jobs in the U.S. Politicians and big companies are ruining this country for their own greed and power. We all know about Chinese products..and how they love America with their lead laced products.

http://ecowatch.com/2014/03/05/usda-chickens-shipped-china/

Droid101
11-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Republicans want this, Democrats don't.

So, now what is your opinion?

bdreason
11-14-2014, 02:09 AM
America continues to sell its ass for cheap products and corporate profits.

dunksby
11-14-2014, 02:53 AM
The health concerns aside, is it strategic for US to become dependent as such on China?

knickballer
11-14-2014, 08:40 AM
The health concerns aside, is it strategic for US to become dependent as such on China?

If China starts to object the US can always just find a new cheap labor market to do business in like Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. It's a race to the bottom for these countries and the US will always have the upper hand.

As for the chicken itself I don't think it will be any unhealthier as they aren't grown naturally in the US and are nuked with chemicals to make it "safe" to consume.

Dresta
11-14-2014, 09:28 AM
The US is already completely dependant on China, in fact, the two countries have built a crude system of mutual interdependence that allows Americans to maintain an illusory standard of living, while China boosts its exports by dominating the American consumer market (buying US treasuries - i.e. debt - allows China to keep its currency weak and the dollar strong giving their exports a large competitive advantage).

The economic policies the US is pursuing are what makes it logical and profitable to process chicken in China, and that's a result of our incessant obsession with consumption and neglect of savings and investment. This imbalance has to be rectified at some point and the Chinese will decide to sell their dollar assets at some point as well, and this transition can't be anything but painful, no matter how much Paul Krugman and KevNYC want to tell everyone otherwise. How you gonna ease the pain exactly? Lower interest rates? :lol Print more money...?

:roll:

nathanjizzle
11-14-2014, 09:35 AM
alot of domestic grown and made food is shipped to china for packaging. for example, when they catch seafood off the pacific westcoast , instead of bringing it back inland for processing, they ship it directly to china.

NumberSix
11-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Republicans want this, Democrats don't.

So, now what is your opinion?
Yes, they don't want to forcibly restrict people's freedom to do this kind of business.....

but is there any doubt that republicans would also be heavily in favour of tax breaks to incentivize people for doing it in America?

dunksby
11-14-2014, 09:57 AM
If China starts to object the US can always just find a new cheap labor market to do business in like Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. It's a race to the bottom for these countries and the US will always have the upper hand.

As for the chicken itself I don't think it will be any unhealthier as they aren't grown naturally in the US and are nuked with chemicals to make it "safe" to consume.
You are underestimating China, they are a big country with a great economy and they practically have enslaved their laborers and pay them shit for the amount of work they do. Comparing China to Vietnam is ignoring facts.

ItsMillerTime
11-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Live it up while you can boys. In 20-30 years America, as we know it today, will probably not exist.

Derka
11-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Chickity-China and a Chinese chicken? The Bloodhound Gang totally called this like 20 years ago.

Stempel, HERB
11-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Chickity-China and a Chinese chicken? The Bloodhound Gang totally called this like 20 years ago.

Barenaked Ladies* (http://youtu.be/fC_q9KPczAg?t=1m33s)

Pushxx
11-15-2014, 02:00 AM
Why do people say America is doing this? Americans are doing this...American businessmen to be specific. Smart ones, at that.

This trend has been going on since the industrial era. At this point our super markets are already loaded with cheaply processed, chemically and hormonally treated food.

It remains to be seen if all this shit increases cancer incidence. Who knows? Maybe we'll get an idea in 20 years.

GimmeThat
11-15-2014, 07:58 AM
the really smart business men have their chicken processed there so they can sell it there.

Blue&Orange
11-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes, they don't want to forcibly restrict people's freedom to do this kind of business.....

but is there any doubt that republicans would also be heavily in favour of tax breaks to incentivize people for doing it in America?
:applause:

That's the question, look at apple, making 10 times more money, paying 10 times less taxes, while using slave labor in factories in tawain where workers have to sign non-suicide clauses in their contracts.

Why can't they do that in America?

https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/global-wealth-1-own-48-10-own-87-and-bottom-50-own-less-than-1/

I mean, i'm pretty sure that 1% that hold 48% of the worlds wealth are more intelligent, hard working then 48% of humanity combined!!!

The system is working!!! Let's give more to corporations and make more people poor!!!

I'm just sorry that i'll be dead when that 1% holds 99.9% of the world wealth and they can't sell they products because nobody else got money, and then i could ask to this right wingers retards, what now?

senelcoolidge
11-15-2014, 09:26 AM
It's not just the right wing, the left wing is just as bad.

Derka
11-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Barenaked Ladies* (http://youtu.be/fC_q9KPczAg?t=1m33s)

Herp and derp, I'm an idiot.

kNIOKAS
11-15-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm just sorry that i'll be dead when that 1% holds 99.9% of the world wealth and they can't sell they products because nobody else got money, and then i could ask to this right wingers retards, what now?
:lol
bravo :applause: