PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Had As Many Injuries As D-Rose Wearing Nikes???

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 01:25 AM
Nikes undisputed goat shoes.

Tonight looks like those cheap addidas of roses made him slip and now he got hamstring injury.

Addidas are pieces of shit.

Just typin, is it a coincidence rose gettin hurt so much?

I can't remember any nike wearing player having this many injuries.

FKAri
11-14-2014, 01:26 AM

Tonight looks like those cheap addidas of roses made him slip and now he got hamstring injury.

Let's not kid ourselves. Nike makes trash shoes too.

Undisputed
11-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Do shoes seriously make that much of a difference? I would think these injuries happen regardless, but I'm no shoe expert.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Do shoes seriously make that much of a difference? I would think these injuries happen regardless, but I'm no shoe expert.

This latest injury looks clearly like his shoe gave out causing him to **** up his hamstring.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Let's not kid ourselves. Nike makes trash shoes too.

Lol.

You don't know anything about shoes.

Undisputed
11-14-2014, 01:33 AM
This latest injury looks clearly like his shoe gave out causing him to **** up his hamstring.
This was the first game I watched that this exact thought crossed my mind. We'll never know if it's the shoes, Adidas has Rose locked into a massive deal.

Upgrayedd
11-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Shoes do make a difference. Look at Noah. Wasn't he playing in like Tennis shoes for the first 6 years of his career and had many foot problems? And I think he switched to Nike last year and played in real basketball shoes and played so much better. He had the best season of his career.

Rose should switch to Nike.

Undisputed
11-14-2014, 02:01 AM
You guys are making me want to buy some Nike's now. :oldlol:

buddha
11-14-2014, 02:10 AM
when you guys say Nike you mean Jordan right?

sportjames23
11-14-2014, 02:13 AM

Semantics. :confusedshrug:

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 02:19 AM

Uhhhh.

No.

Jordan's are archaic. They the goat when they were out and still far and away best looking shoes EVER made, but 2014 quality hoop shoes, no.

AKADS
11-14-2014, 02:23 AM
Ask Grant Hill and his Filas

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 02:26 AM
Shoes do make a difference. Look at Noah. Wasn't he playing in like Tennis shoes for the first 6 years of his career and had many foot problems? And I think he switched to Nike last year and played in real basketball shoes and played so much better. He had the best season of his career.

Rose should switch to Nike.

Noah wore bogus ass le coq de sportiff. Mainly because his dad wore them. They are mainly tennis shoes. He had planter flasciutus. He actually sued them. Lol.

He did switch to addidas doe. But shit, stadia s , knock off Chinese Nikes are better than what he was wearing.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Ask Grant Hill and his Filas

Ahhhhhh yes.

Another example. Those filas were heavy uncomfortable pieces of shit.

sportjames23
11-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Noah wore bogus ass le coq de sportiff. Mainly because his dad wore them. They are mainly tennis shoes. He had planter flasciutus. He actually sued them. Lol.

He did switch to addidas doe. But shit, stadia s , knock off Chinese Nikes are better than what he was wearing.

Oh shit, they still make Le Coq Sportiff? I remember nigguh wearing them shits when I was in school.

And Diadora, British Knights, FILA. :oldlol:

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 02:31 AM
Oh shit, they still make Le Coq Sportiff? I remember nigguh wearing them shits when I was in school.

And Diadora, British Knights, FILA. :oldlol:

Lol. That's what I'm typin!!

Garbage!!

Bk's all day cuz!!!!! Haha

TheReal Kendall
11-14-2014, 03:28 AM
I don't know if it's the shoes or if he's just injury prone.

I've had his older shoes and they feel like they're made out of cheap light weight material but most of Nikes shoes feel the same way.

I rather hoop in old school 90s or earlier 2000s shoes cause the material feel sooo much better and they actually feel like they are built to last and protect your feet.

Honestly if I was Rose I would get some Ektios but he's dead locked in that contract so he can't rock any other shoe brand which sucks.

MavsSuperFan
11-14-2014, 04:12 AM
all of these shoes are made by little chinese kids in a sweatshop

El Gato Negro
11-14-2014, 04:24 AM
This isn't a new question and they don't have a good track record. Definitely something to it, didn't Wiggins sign with them?

El Gato Negro
11-14-2014, 04:26 AM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nba/are-adidas-shoes-blame-nba-injuriesto answer the op greg oden

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 04:32 AM
This isn't a new question and they don't have a good track record. Definitely something to it, didn't Wiggins sign with them?

Yes. He did. Adidas suck.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 04:35 AM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nba/are-adidas-shoes-blame-nba-injuriesto answer the op greg oden

Oden is a big. They kinda don't count.

That article is interesting.

Especially when you take the amount of total nike wearers to addidas wearers.

WAY more players wear Nikes than addidas.

For all those addidas players to have significant injuries, it seems odd.

And that article was written in 2013. It's almost 2015.

TheMan
11-14-2014, 08:18 AM
Shoes do make a difference, not 100% positive if that's the case with DRose but the replay clearly shows his shoe giving away. I even thought for a moment that maybe it was a wet spot due to sweating but Patrick Ewing has long since retired

Mr Exlax
11-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Doesn't his new shoes have that Bounce tech in them? I swear by that shit.

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Players wore cloth converse for decades. Rondo and Westbrook both got hurt wearing Nikes. And so did Kobe Bryant. Injuries happen.

nathanjizzle
11-14-2014, 08:57 AM
rose needs to wear nikes masked as adidas straight up.

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2014, 09:03 AM
He took something like a year and a half to come back from an acl tear. That's not about the shoe. In reality he's only had two major injuries. The situation had been magnified because he has a high profile, takes longer than the norm to return and has now made statements that are getting his toughness questioned on tv by retired stars.

gyu
11-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Greg Oden and Andrew bynum
Edit: lol @ 'oden doesn't count', so just whatever fits your agenda then? My bad.

HurricaneKid
11-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Lol at the loyalty some of you show these mega corporations that spend 5x more on marketing than they do on producing the actual shoes.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't know if it's the shoes or if he's just injury prone.

I've had his older shoes and they feel like they're made out of cheap light weight material but most of Nikes shoes feel the same way.

I rather hoop in old school 90s or earlier 2000s shoes cause the material feel sooo much better and they actually feel like they are built to last and protect your feet.

Honestly if I was Rose I would get some Ektios but he's dead locked in that contract so he can't rock any other shoe brand which sucks.

any legal team can get him out of it, all they have to do it put a lawsuit together to put Adidas at blame and Adidas will likely rescind the contract...however, DRose is reliant on that payday from Adidas towards his future seeing he may not last long in the NBA.

sticky situation...my guess is DRose will ride out with the Adidas deal, 11-12 more years to go in collecting the $185mil :banghead:

nathanjizzle
11-14-2014, 09:32 AM
nike should buy derrick roses contract. that would be a dream

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 09:39 AM
nike should buy derrick roses contract. that would be a dream

he's not so lucky...Nike is definitely not taking that risk. a dream is where it'll remain.

anyhoo...wearing Nike's now isn't going to magically stabilize DRose, I doubt at this point in his career, any shoe will prevent any further injury from occurring. what's done is done IMO.

I wonder if he reached out to guys like Adrian Peterson...coming back from similar injuries to an even more injury prone sport, that's his best option going forward in rehab for longevity

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 09:41 AM
I cannot believe the stupidity in this thread. While shoes w lots of arch support it no arch support could cause problems like PF in some people, the likelihood of his shoes causing his acl injury and subsequent injuries are very small. What is much more likely is that he has a biomechanical problem (some type of imbalance) that caused his first injury and a resulting imbalamce from that injury that is helping cause these subsequent injuries. That happens sometimes with guys who suffer big injuries in their legs and back. FILA didn't injure grant Hill and Nike didnt injure Durant and Oden and Bynum.

nathanjizzle
11-14-2014, 09:51 AM
I cannot believe the stupidity in this thread. While shoes w lots of arch support it no arch support could cause problems like PF in some people, the likelihood of his shoes causing his acl injury and subsequent injuries are very small. What is much more likely is that he has a biomechanical problem (some type of imbalance) that caused his first injury and a resulting imbalamce from that injury that is helping cause these subsequent injuries. That happens sometimes with guys who suffer big injuries in their legs and back. FILA didn't injure grant Hill and Nike didnt injure Durant and Oden and Bynum.

adidas has a higher injury rate than anyone. where is gilbert arenas and tracy mcgrady these days?

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 09:56 AM

though small...it can't be overlooked. but your indication of the imbalance is certainly possible given the favoritism to his knees. usually it's favoring one side to the other, and the other leg fatiguing due to over-compensation. in his case it's favoring both knees, so who knows really. he's just unfortunate

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 10:05 AM
though small...it can't be overlooked. but your indication of the imbalance is certainly possible given the favoritism to his knees. usually it's favoring one side to the other, and the other leg fatiguing due to over-compensation. in his case it's favoring both knees, so who knows really. he's just unfortunate
Yes it can be overlooked because people have injuries all the time and play in all kinds of shoes. This is just some bullshit theory that a bunch of uninformed kids picked up on and won't let go of. The guy suffered one injury that led to a bunch of subsequent injuries, that has nothing to do with his shoes. Yao had foot injuries so it must surely have been his shoes right? And T-Mac's that must have been his shoes as well? And Oden? And Bynum? and Brandon Roy? Penny? People get injuries all the time. This is a very obvious case of a guy getting injured and compensating and causing other injuries. A succession of injuries stemming from one injury is not uncommon and happens all the time. Why everyone wants to put it down to Roses shoes is totally stupid and not fair to him and pointless.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Yes it can be overlooked because people have injuries all the time and play in all kinds of shoes. This is just some bullshit theory that a bunch of uninformed kids picked up on and won't let go of. The guy suffered one injury that led to a bunch of subsequent injuries, that has nothing to do with his shoes. Yao had foot injuries so it must surely have been his shoes right? And T-Mac's that must have been his shoes as well? And Oden? And Bynum? and Brandon Roy? Penny? People get injuries all the time. This is a very obvious case of a guy getting injured and compensating and causing other injuries. A succession of injuries stemming from one injury is not uncommon and happens all the time. Why everyone wants to put it down to Roses shoes is totally stupid and not fair to him and pointless.

i don't doubt that the overcompensation point, however it is pretty bold not to even question it when the shoe basically gave loose :confusedshrug:

what's the scenario on possibly a wet floor?

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/drose.gif

kuzdeen
11-14-2014, 10:22 AM
i don't doubt that the overcompensation point, however it is pretty bold not to even question it when the shoe basically gave loose :confusedshrug:

imo, with derrick rose's injuries, i think the bulls management would be very careful whenever he's on the floor and the ball boys or the guys that mop wet spots should constantly be on the look out, if they are not, then they are failing him. :rant

nathanjizzle
11-14-2014, 10:23 AM

if it was a wetspot then would he really had a hamstring injury. looking at that gif, the right edge of his shoe should have dampened more and not allowing his ankle to bend at a hard angle.

ABG
11-14-2014, 10:30 AM
preach.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 10:34 AM

High top shoes don't reduce ankle injuries. Taping does though. Its's not his shoes. It's actually better for your foot if the shoe did give out and allow your ankle to roll the way it would naturally. So no, it's not his shoes. Listen, injuries can also occur on turf, grass, hardwood, etc from stopping or doing some movement that is just exacerbated by any shoe, cleat, whatever on that surface. His foot got hung up on the floor, it happens.

No, it's stupidly bold to be a sheep and think that it must be his shoes. This is just ridiculous. My friend who is a brain surgeon at OSU and a basketball junkie said to me two weeks ago "Rose is hurt again, he's done." And went on to say exactly what I'm saying. That he's going to be plagued with injuries from his first injury. I'll trust my common sense and the opinion of a brain surgeon over a bunch of zit faced morons.

poido123
11-14-2014, 10:35 AM

Watching that replay, it looked like a small ankle tweak.

I feel relieved, that doesn't look like a hamstring strain or a knee.

iznogood
11-14-2014, 10:38 AM
:applause:

He sued them because they owed him money. As for PF, he just says he believes they might contributed to his development of PF. The correlation was not confirmed and the shoe quality was not the reason he sued the company for. I actually owned a pair of his shoes and they were decent. They were built closer to the 90s basketball shoes so that means no fancy cushioning (which can be counterproductive), but the quality of the materials was much better than what you would get on your retro Js and many players play in those. Not to mention that a lot of NBA players play in foamposites which are terrible to play basketball in and they do just fine.

2swift4u
11-14-2014, 10:44 AM

I don't think it's that far-fetched to be honest. I've played in a ton of differents shoes & brands and trust me it can make a big difference. Don't get me wrong I don't believe you're going to tear your acl by playing in Adidas or any other brand because that has some other reasons as you correctly mentioned but what happened to Rose the other night clearly looks like a shoe-issue to me. Furthermore if I remember correctly he sprained his ankle as soon as he put on those cut-down Adidas Crazylights 2-3 years ago. I think he never wore them again afterwards.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 10:45 AM

It's Adidas you moron not Addidas. It's named after the company's founder Adi Dassler. "aid das" Get it? I knew you would because you're smart.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 10:49 AM
I don't think it's that far-fetched to be honest. I've played in a ton of differents shoes & brands and trust me it can make a big difference. Don't get me wrong I don't believe you're going to tear your acl by playing in Adidas or any other brand because that has some other reasons as you correctly mentioned but what happened to Rose the other night clearly looks like a shoe-issue to me. Furthermore if I remember correctly he sprained his ankle as soon as he put on those cut-down Adidas Crazylights 2-3 years ago. I think he never wore them again afterwards.
Cool, you do know that high tops don't prevent you from rolling your ankle right? Wow, so a guy puts on new shoes and gets injured and decides that those shoes must have caused the injury and so he never wears them again. Ok great. So I got gas from a gas station that I never go to and then my car broke down so clearly it must have been that gas that made my car break down. You're logic and reasoning are incredible. Look for a future in academics.

dunksby
11-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Adidas = German = evil nazis
Nike = American = heavenly gift
Premise of this thread.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 10:53 AM

exactly this...you can't overlook the possibility is all I'm saying, the shoe gave away at some point. whether it be due to a wet floor allowing no grip or simply malfunction on the shoes part, and we aren't even talking of his ankle, it's a factor.

chocolate even indicated it being a very small probability to this, though probable :rolleyes:...now he wants to throw in his OSU brain surgeon specialist about assessing a foot injury. where's your orthopedic and podiatry friends to lend their knowledge? :facepalm

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:08 AM
exactly this...you can't overlook the possibility is all I'm saying, the shoe gave away at some point. whether it be due to a wet floor allowing no grip or simply malfunction on the shoes part, and we aren't even talking of his ankle, it's a factor.

chocolate even indicated it being a very small probability to this, though probable :rolleyes:...now he wants to throw in his OSU brain surgeon specialist about assessing a foot injury. where's your orthopedic and podiatry friends to lend their knowledge? :facepalm
Ok smart guy, let's talk about podiatry. Podiatrists aren't even MDs in most cases you moron. You really made yourself look smart there. My friend who is the brain surgeon works all the time with orthos with athletes at OSU but I'm sure you knew that. More than half his surgeries involve the back and the spine not the brain but I'm sure that you knew that as well. You also knew that in dealing with back problems that all factors are taken in to account such as hamstring and lower leg problems/imbalances etc, right? Sure you did because you're smart.

Ok, please tell me what about Nikes caused Pennys injury or Odens or Tmac or whoever else had awful injuries in them. So lets see, these shoes are so bad that they gave way to cause not only an ACL tear but also a meniscus tear and then two ankle sprains and now a hamstring injury. Makes sense to me.

I said the possibility being small as in almost impossible just because I would never rule anything out but it's almost zero. If you think that his shoes caused his injuries, then you're an absolute moron. What more can I say. Never mind that hightop shoes have been shown to not prevent ankle injuries but yes, somehow his shoes are ruining his career. Please tell me how Nash's Nikes have ruined the end of his career. Seems odd that all his injuries have happened in those shoes.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 11:14 AM
It's Adidas you moron not Addidas. It's named after the company's founder Adi Dassler. "aid das" Get it? I knew you would because you're smart.

Lol. Lol.

You wanna shoe battle you googling stupid son of heroin ho?

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Ok smart guy, let's talk about podiatry. Podiatrists aren't even MDs in most cases you moron. You really made yourself look smart there. My friend who is the brain surgeon works all the time with orthos with athletes at OSU but I'm sure you knew that. More than half his surgeries involve the back and the spine not the brain but I'm sure that you knew that as well. You also knew that in dealing with back problems that all factors are taken in to account such as hamstring and lower leg problems/imbalances etc, right? Sure you did because you're smart.

Ok, please tell me what about Nikes caused Pennys injury or Odens or Tmac or whoever else had awful injuries in them. So lets see, these shoes are so bad that they gave way to cause not only an ACL tear but also a meniscus tear and then two ankle sprains and now a hamstring injury. Makes sense to me.

I said the possibility being small as in almost impossible just because I would never rule anything out but it's almost zero. If you think that his shoes caused his injuries, then you're an absolute moron. What more can I say. Never mind that hightop shoes have been shown to not prevent ankle injuries but yes, somehow his shoes are ruining his career. Please tell me how Nash's Nikes have ruined the end of his career. Seems odd that all his injuries have happened in those shoes.

Nash hurt his back carrying groceries doe.

This latest injury looked like his shoe gave out.

A long line of ADDDDDDDDidas sponsored players have been injured.

There's something to it. adddddddddddidas suck. Bottom line.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Lol. Lol.

I don't even know what shoe battling is but I know how to spell Adidas. I'm 42 and I'm the son of a bookkeeper not a heroin ho. And I didn't have to google that. I know that because I'm smart, just like you apparently. I know who started Nike, Puma and Adidas. I have no idea who started other shoe companies. I know this because I'm a distance runner and if you were one too you would know that and understand why I do but since you're a moron, you don't.

Graviton
11-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Lol. Lol.

Why does he have to be a son of heroin ho? Why aim so low? You coulda gone with "son of a semon demon" or "son of a DMV worker".

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Nash hurt his back carrying groceries doe.

This latest injury looked like his shoe gave out.

A long line of ADDDDDDDDidas sponsored players have been injured.

There's something to it. adddddddddddidas suck. Bottom line.
Ok, list me the players wearing shoes other than Adidas who have been hurt.
Penny, Hill, Oden, Roy, Yao, Bynum, Kobe (not when he was w Adidas), Nash, Durant, Noel (KY), Webber, Amare.

Ok, I got it started for you. Now you continue it and then list me all the Adidas players who have been hurt.

Thanks.

Oh, I don't like Adidas or Rose just to be clear but I hate stupidity even more.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 11:33 AM

we can go on and on about this...fact of the matter is it's probable, therefore to dismiss it initially is falsified, as you want to indicate. if you refuse to see that assessing things from every angle is unwarranted that's on you...it's probably why your friend is the surgeon and not you,he's obviously detailed in his work. *see, i can throw out rhetoric in my posts too:rolleyes:

and since you want to get technical, it's neurosurgeon not brain surgeon in ALL cases. as for podiatry, I like how you throw in most cases here...still leaving the probability aspect :rolleyes:

just agree to disagree and move along :cheers:

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Ok, list me the players wearing shoes other than Adidas who have been hurt.
Penny, Hill, Oden, Roy, Yao, Bynum, Kobe (not when he was w Adidas), Nash, Durant, Noel (KY), Webber, Amare.

Ok, I got it started for you. Now you continue it and then list me all the Adidas players who have been hurt.

Thanks.

Oh, I don't like Adidas or Rose just to be clear but I hate stupidity even more.

Danilo gallinari tore his acl right after he switched to addddddidas.

Shumpert.

Rubio.

Wall.

Barbosa.

Dwight Howard.

Brook Lopez.

Eric Gordon.

As a smart guy you claim to be, the proportion of adddddddddidddas wearing players have high rate for injury.

WAY more players wear nike than addddiddaas.

Nothing, coincidence and pattern.

Heard of that one ?

TheMan
11-14-2014, 11:42 AM
This post is golden

2swift4u
11-14-2014, 11:43 AM
I don't even know what shoe battling is but I know how to spell Adidas. I'm 42 and I'm the son of a bookkeeper not a heroin ho. And I didn't have to google that. I know that because I'm smart, just like you apparently. I know who started Nike, Puma and Adidas. I have no idea who started other shoe companies. I know this because I'm a distance runner and if you were one too you would know that and understand why I do but since you're a moron, you don't.

You're 42, really smart and yet you have nothing better to do than insulting people on this forum. I'm impressed! :applause:

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:54 AM
we can go on and on about this...fact of the matter is it's probable, therefore to dismiss it initially is falsified, as you want to indicate. if you refuse to see that assessing things from every angle is unwarranted that's on you...it's probably why your friend is the surgeon and not you,he's obviously detailed in his work. *see, i can throw out rhetoric in my posts too:rolleyes:

and since you want to get technical, it's neurosurgeon not brain surgeon in ALL cases. as for podiatry, I like how you throw in most cases here...still leaving the probability aspect :rolleyes:

just agree to disagree and move along :cheers:
Most of the idiots on here wouldn't know what neurosurgery is but they know what a brain surgeon is. Unlike orthopedics, a neurosurgeon is often referred to as a "brain surgeon". Yes an overwhelming majority of podiatrists are not MDs, there is nothing misleading about my statement. And no, something being a remote possibility doesn't make it "probable". Yes there is a possibility that you could die in a plane crash but that doesn't make it "probable" as you said. It's a possibility not a probability. "To dismiss it is falsified", nothing is "falsified". You might want to check your Funk and Wagnalls on that one. If you've ever diagnosed a problem or problem solved you consider all things and the things that are least likely to be of concern are given the least amount of attention for obvious reasons. You don't rule anything out just because it's the least possible but you don't give it the weight you would give things that are much more likely or of sounder reasoning. In the universe, almost anything is possible so nothing is ever completely ruled out without exhaustive research. But to take the least possible thing possible and to focus all of your energy on that one thing is foolish.

DonDadda59
11-14-2014, 11:54 AM
I was wondering the same thing when I saw Rose go down last night. But those Kobe nike low tops are treacherous for your ankles.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Danilo gallinari tore his acl right after he switched to addddddidas.

Shumpert.

Rubio.

Wall.

Barbosa.

Dwight Howard.

Brook Lopez.

Eric Gordon.

As a smart guy you claim to be, the proportion of adddddddddidddas wearing players have high rate for injury.

WAY more players wear nike than addddiddaas.

Nothing, coincidence and pattern.

Heard of that one ?

Ok, so our sample size is 20 total. That's really scientific. What you need to do is compile a list of all lower body injuries and the shoes they were wearing at the time they were injured. Then compare that to the proportion of adidas vs non adidas. If Adidas players were actually injured more you would have something that shows correlation. Anyone who has ever reviewed or been part of a study would also know that correlation does not equal causation. So you would then have devise a way that could possibly show causation. Good luck.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:59 AM
This post is golden
I don't get it but if it made you laugh at me, I'm cool w that.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 12:01 PM
You're 42, really smart and yet you have nothing better to do than insulting people on this forum. I'm impressed! :applause:
Actually, I'm just killing time before I have to work. The stupidity here is staggering. How would you respond to the things that have been said here? It's amazing.

iznogood
11-14-2014, 12:01 PM
How about Steph Curry and his never ending ankle problems? Nike even went so far as gave him bunch of pairs of an older model because this was the only pair that he could wear comfortably. Now he wears Under Armour and his problems seem to be gone. Must be the Nikes, huh?

Really, this is beyond idiotic. Every athlete deals with injuries, though some may be smaller and we don't hear about them as much because he plays through. There's no correlation between the type of shoe someone wore and his injury. If there was any, even if there was a smaller chance certain model could cause potential injuries, the medical staff would prevent players to wear it. I remember that in many teams the doctors wouldn't allow the players to wear the first generation of Nike Hyperfuse shoes because they didn't consider the safe.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 12:06 PM
How about Steph Curry and his never ending ankle problems? Nike even went so far as gave him bunch of pairs of an older model because this was the only pair that he could wear comfortably. Now he wears Under Armour and his problems seem to be gone. Must be the Nikes, huh?

Really, this is beyond idiotic. Every athlete deals with injuries, though some may be smaller and we don't hear about them as much because he plays through. There's no correlation between the type of shoe someone wore and his injury. If there was any, even if there was a smaller chance certain model could cause potential injuries, the medical staff would prevent players to wear it. I remember that in many teams the doctors wouldn't allow the players to wear the first generation of Nike Hyperfuse shoes because they didn't consider the safe.

It's def the nikes. Wanna shoe battle?

SamuraiSWISH
11-14-2014, 12:08 PM
It's funny because Rose wanted to be apart of Nike, but they didn't want to sign him.

navy
11-14-2014, 12:11 PM
It's funny because Rose wanted to be apart of Nike, but they didn't want to sign him.
Nike will sign anyone. You mean they didnt want to sign him to a huge deal.

SamuraiSWISH
11-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Nike will sign anyone. You mean they didnt want to sign him to a huge deal.
I thought it was obvious I meant for a signature shoe deal, and the amount he'd get paid. That's why he went with Adidas. It's literally the reverse of Jordan's situation in '85. Wanting to wear the stripes, but Nike offered him a bigger contract.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Actually, I'm just killing time before I have to work. The stupidity here is staggering. How would you respond to the things that have been said here? It's amazing.

We are typing shit for brains.

We are not talking.

It's people like you that don't even know the difference between speaking and typing , yet think you're so smart.

Get accurate dipshit.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 12:49 PM
It's def the nikes. Wanna shoe battle?

Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.

I'm flattered, but stop biting

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 01:02 PM
We are typing shit for brains.

We are not talking.

It's people like you that don't even know the difference between speaking and typing , yet think you're so smart.

Get accurate dipshit.

Not sure if you know this but you can use say/said when referring to written words as well. Go ahead and look at definition number seven. You knew that already though I'm sure.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/say

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Not sure if you know this but you can use say/said when referring to written words as well. Go ahead and look at definition number seven. You knew that already though I'm sure.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/say

Lol. 7th ?

Nope.

We are typing.

Get accurate.

Accept your slay and move on.

And don't imitate me anymore unless I authorize it.

el_locoteee
11-14-2014, 01:12 PM

http://youtu.be/dnDwFTRG0Bg

dunksby
11-14-2014, 01:26 PM
http://youtu.be/dnDwFTRG0Bg
:oldlol:

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Lol. 7th ?

Nope.

We are typing.

Get accurate.

Accept your slay and move on.

And don't imitate me anymore unless I authorize it.
7th. Yes, as in there are several definitions and all of them accepted. Have a great day.

secund2nun
11-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Lol at the loyalty some of you show these mega corporations that spend 5x more on marketing than they do on producing the actual shoes.

I know lol. Both Adidas and Nike shoes are cheap pieces of garbage made by enslaved Chinese children. It's simply marketing. These shoes don't increase athletic performance and studies actually show that it leads to a higher injury rate because the thickness of the shoe bottoms encourage unnatural heel running

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 01:39 PM
I know lol. Both Adidas and Nike shoes are cheap pieces of garbage made by enslaved Chinese children. It's simply marketing. These shoes don't increase athletic performance and studies actually show that it leads to a higher injury rate because the thickness of the shoe bottoms encourage unnatural heel running
Honestly heel running happens more in distance running with shoes with a large heel to toe drop than it does in basketball shoes because often in basketball you're sprinting and on your toes already.

Bless Mathews
11-14-2014, 01:47 PM

Enslaved children,?? Lol

The earth is round.

Can you call me ? I can sell your dumbass anything with 150% markup.

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Shoes do make a difference, not 100% positive if that's the case with DRose but the replay clearly shows his shoe giving away. I even thought for a moment that maybe it was a wet spot due to sweating but Patrick Ewing has long since retired

Lol @ the Ewing comment

hateraid
11-14-2014, 06:03 PM

They do, but people need a scapegoat.
Duncan is an Adidas athlete and look at his longevity. So was Garnett. Kobe never went through long term injuries until he signed with Nike.

KAJ, the posterboy for longevity. Adidas. Nuff said

Lebron23
11-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Adidas Rose series are lighter, but they don't provide ankle supports. Just buy a retro shoes like Reebok Kamikaze, or the shoes that I previously used the Nike Air Quick Handle.