PDA

View Full Version : Is Greg Oden done in the NBA ?

tomtucker
11-14-2014, 03:11 AM
Is it really the end, will we never see him in the NBA again ?

Collie
11-14-2014, 03:15 AM
Yeah probably. He has his chance with the Heat and did nothing of note that would make teams take a chance on him again. Plus he has off court troubles, so teams looking for a 12th man will look somewhere else.

He can probably still go to Europe or China or something.

Timmy D for MVP
11-14-2014, 03:15 AM
Most likely never getting significant minutes if any.

Sad isn't it? This generation's Sam Bowie?

BurningHammer
11-14-2014, 03:18 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B05llTYCAAA6hmd.jpg

Sadly watching both Columbus Crew and his career losses.

Collie
11-14-2014, 03:18 AM
Most likely never getting significant minutes if any.

Sad isn't it? This generation's Sam Bowie?

Even sadder. At least Bowie played some serviceable seasons. Plus he was never really seen as a potential HOF-caliber center like Oden was, even when he was drafted.

He'd have been just another underachieving early round pick if not for his association with MJ.

Timmy D for MVP
11-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Even sadder. At least Bowie played some serviceable seasons. Plus he was never really seen as a potential HOF-caliber center like Oden was, even when he was drafted.

He'd have been just another underachieving early round pick if not for his association with MJ.

Bowie was pretty highly rated. He was among some of the more gifted big men prospects. I'm not sure if anyone was calling him a sure fire HoF but I'm pretty sure he was at least considered a pretty easy bet for perennial All-Star status if healthy.

Budadiiii
11-14-2014, 03:25 AM
He's the next Derrick Rose. Sad.

Collie
11-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Bowie was pretty highly rated. He was among some of the more gifted big men prospects. I'm not sure if anyone was calling him a sure fire HoF but I'm pretty sure he was at least considered a pretty easy bet for perennial All-Star status if healthy.

From what I read, he was seen as just the second best big man (along with Sam Perkins) in the draft after Hakeem. I mean, the guy literally missed 2 years of basketball with an injury, and he was a 10-9 player going into the draft without any real defining skill like Ewing's defense or Hakeem's athleticism. Maybe he was rated highly, but nothing like Oden, I'd think.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 10:15 AM
From what I read, he was seen as just the second best big man (along with Sam Perkins) in the draft after Hakeem. I mean, the guy literally missed 2 years of basketball with an injury, and he was a 10-9 player going into the draft without any real defining skill like Ewing's defense or Hakeem's athleticism. Maybe he was rated highly, but nothing like Oden, I'd think.

Oden was rated high because there are no bigmen anymore. Bowie was really good. I was 12 when he came out and there was plenty of hype about him. He had an awesome year the year before he was injured and averaged something like 17 and 10 or some shit like that I can't remember. Him and perkins were apples and oranges. Perkins was really a 6'9" PF and Bowie was a real center. Bowie was for certain more skilled offensively than Oden and this is all while playing on bad legs (and hiding it) since high school. Dude was no joke.

I also want to add that there was a lot less hype around everything in life because there was no internet, social media etc. I didn't even have cable until 1985. Until then I had like seven channels of tv. So players are much more hyped than they are now. Now you can go on youtube and watch some scouting video of a kid dunking 1000 times set to the worst fake hip hop you could ever imagine for every kid who can dribble a basketball. Two totally different things and it's very difficult for you to imagine because you grew up with the internet.

HomieWeMajor
11-14-2014, 10:17 AM
So what.
He made some millions and got to stick his 7 and a half inches in some white girls.

kurple
11-14-2014, 10:36 AM
He's the next Derrick Rose. Sad.
step your game up. are you even trying anymore?

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 10:42 AM
It was his Nikes. He was wearing those Nikes and they ruined his career. It's sad, I can't believe it. People need to stop wearing Nikes.