PDA

View Full Version : Joakim on Derrick Rose: 'Everybody needs to chill the f--- out'

Kidbasketball20
11-14-2014, 06:00 AM
"We're a group that's gone through a lot," Noah said. "And it's just, looking at it as a teammate, it's just frustrating because I feel like he's sometimes portrayed as something that he's not. You don't come back from the injuries that he's coming back from without unbelievable commitment, you know what I'm saying?

"I'm just growing and just watching the power that you [media] guys have, sometimes it's just you guys can really portray somebody as something that he's not," he continued. "It's just that, to me, that's a little disappointing. Just because I know how much he cares about this game. I see it every day. I think we're all in this together and this is not a one-man team, but at the end of the day, we need him. We need him.

"I just, I don't want to see him down. I know sometimes it's frustrating, you got injuries, you got tweaks. Every time something happens to him, people act like it's the end of the world. And that's f---ing so lame to me. Relax. Like, OK, he's coming back from two crazy surgeries. Obviously we're being conservative with him, and when things aren't going right, he's got to listen to his body more than anybody. So everybody needs to chill the f--- out. I mean, I'm sorry for cursing, but I'm really passionate. I don't like to see him down. And he doesn't say that he's down, but I don't like it when, like, people portray him and judge him.

Clocian-IGN
11-14-2014, 06:10 AM
Noah is that dude. People can talk a lot behind a computer but his teammates and staff all support and love dude. All you so called bulls fan/rose haters are wack.

2swift4u
11-14-2014, 06:25 AM
You just gotta love how sensitve and caring girls are! :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2014, 06:31 AM
What's most disturbing about Rose's comments isn't even the lack of heart...it's the lack of a brain...does this guy seriously think that playing basketball too much is gonna leave him a paraplegic?

BigTicket
11-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Noah seems like a fantastic teammate, if I could pick all the players for my team, I think I would pick him over any center in league.

Rose on the other hand is made of glass.

GimmeThat
11-14-2014, 06:44 AM
who accidentally handed him the Ray Rice's wife press conference material?

kurple
11-14-2014, 08:53 AM
What's most disturbing about Rose's comments isn't even the lack of heart...it's the lack of a brain...does this guy seriously think that playing basketball too much is gonna leave him a paraplegic?
:biggums:

IMObjective
11-14-2014, 09:13 AM
If only some of Noah's toughness would rub off on rose. If you think about it they are like complete opposites of each other.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Noah is right, to a degree...it is somewhat overblown, but given the fragile history with Rose, it certainly isn't wrong to raise concern/question.

as for Noah...he's reiterated this type of response a couple times already when asked about DRose's injuries...at what point does he start admitting to himself that DRose is just unlucky in his health and the future is more bleek than it is prosperous?

there's only so many times you can quiet the crowd...but when it it becomes a constant concern like this, you can't really hide the situation or disregard it :confusedshrug:

Rake2204
11-14-2014, 10:43 AM
I am thankful for Noah to speak out in this manner. Many of us develop our own beliefs of what someone like Joakim must believe based upon some on-court persona, but we don't know Joakim, so we're often in the dark here. I've seen folks assuming he must resent Rose and think he's weak. It very frequently doesn't work like that, and I'm glad Noah put that into words.

RidonKs
11-14-2014, 10:50 AM
:applause:

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 10:58 AM

What are you talking about? How stupid can you possibly be? Guys are paid to play a sport but not at the cost of their health for the rest of their lives. Why the fvck should he do anything other than be cautious given his recent history? Ask Bill Walton how it worked out for him trying to "tough it out." The dude was almost unable to walk. You're not paid to play injured. It doesn't do you or the game or the team any favors. He should be cautious as he can possibly be because he hasn't been healthy in years. I can only imagine how tough you would be and you would just play through it. Heart? This dude is busting his ass to come back from two knee injuries. You have no idea what it takes to do that on a professional level. I would be surprised if you could last for half of a training session. So go get your mom to make you a bologna sandwich while you play your x box and remind yourself of how tough you are. Who cares if Rose is stupid? You're so fvcking dumb that you didn't know that athletes have problems later in life resulting from injuries that happened when the were playing. Utter genius.

TheMan
11-14-2014, 10:59 AM
I Love me some Jo...no homo

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 11:00 AM
What are you talking about? How stupid can you possibly be? Guys are paid to play a sport but not at the cost of their health for the rest of their lives. Why the fvck should he do anything other than be cautious given his recent history? Ask Bill Walton how it worked out for him trying to "tough it out." The dude was almost unable to walk. You're not paid to play injured. It doesn't do you or the game or the team any favors. He should be cautious as he can possibly be because he hasn't been healthy in years. I can only imagine how tough you would be and you would just play through it. Heart? This dude is busting his ass to come back from two knee injuries. You have no idea what it takes to do that on a professional level. I would be surprised if you could last for half of a training session. So go get your mom to make you a bologna sandwich while you play your x box and remind yourself of how tough you are. Who cares if Rose is stupid? You're so fvcking dumb that you didn't know that athletes have problems later in life resulting from injuries that happened when the were playing. Utter genius.

all this ranting :wtf: :rolleyes: :facepalm

why so angry for, lol?!? where's your psychiatry/psychology friends to assist you with this :lol :lol :lol

TheMan
11-14-2014, 11:01 AM
:bowdown: dat eder

TheMan
11-14-2014, 11:04 AM

why so angry for, lol?!? where's your psychiatry/psychology friends to assist you with this :lol :lol :lol
:wtf: It was the right response to a fat internet tough guy spewing garbage :confusedshrug:

poido123
11-14-2014, 11:06 AM

What a great post. Someone rep this guy, I'll get him on the next cycle :rockon:

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:12 AM
What a great post. Someone rep this guy, I'll get him on the next cycle :rockon:
The stupidity here is maddening. Thanks.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:14 AM

I'm just putting the morons in check. This board is a joke. It used to be a bunch of basketball fans talking about basketball. It's now become overrun with morons talking about Drake and who has the most swag. It's pathetic. There's no real conversations about basketball.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm just putting the morons in check. This board is a joke. It used to be a bunch of basketball fans talking about basketball. It's now become overrun with morons talking about Drake and who has the most swag. It's pathetic. There's no real conversations about basketball.

welcome to every forum...i would bet the 90% of most forums have rhetoric to a high level. this is only slightly worse than many others, especially when involving a sport where scholastic's aren't high on the list as opposed to athleticism and ability.

if you want true posts through and through...visit engineer forums, but they are full of assholes too. best suggestion is to just join in on the party and not get uptight on posts. no need to catch feelings lol :party:

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 11:41 AM
welcome to every forum...i would bet the 90% of most forums have rhetoric to a high level. this is only slightly worse than many others, especially when involving a sport where scholastic's aren't high on the list as opposed to athleticism and ability.

if you want true posts through and through...visit engineer forums, but they are full of assholes too. best suggestion is to just join in on the party and not get uptight on posts. no need to catch feelings lol :party:

The trolling isn't even funny here. It's not tolerable because it's not even trolling it's just that people are stupid. I try to stay out of it but it's too annoying sometimes. I've been here since 2006 and I don't think that I even have 2000 posts. It really did used to just be about basketball. It's just dumb now.

TheMan
11-14-2014, 11:50 AM
The stupidity here is maddening. Thanks.
That time of month, huh?

Dengness9
11-14-2014, 11:57 AM
I love Jo. He's the type of athlete any fan can respect. Very real person. He'll never not defend his little brother. Heart of the Bulls.

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 12:04 PM
That time of month, huh?
Nah, more like it's really annoying to come to this board hoping to read about basketball and instead having to listen to a bunch of drivel. Most of the dudes who have been coming here as long as or longer than I have have pretty much given up coming here and posting. I barely ever even post and never did to begin with. I just liked reading and listening to what people had to say and seeing if I could learn something. I think I'm giving up too.

f0und
11-14-2014, 12:50 PM
you know, noah is right. all this media circus is getting rose down. and being the type of person noah is, he's prob sick and tired of it.

with that being said, i have absolutely no sympathy when someone who makes 20 mil a year has their feelings hurt.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 01:01 PM
you know, noah is right. all this media circus is getting rose down. and being the type of person noah is, he's prob sick and tired of it.

with that being said, i have absolutely no sympathy when someone who makes 20 mil a year has their feelings hurt.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Pointguard
11-14-2014, 01:01 PM
That time of month, huh?
Ironic, a poster named the man, tries to feminize a poster for educating others on how to be a man. Hopefully you will understand what he is saying one day, you obviously ain't there yet. Its cold in Chicago, huh.

Chocolate Thunder your post is on the money. Some guys want to wallow in their hate and want people to respect their pig pen.

beastee
11-14-2014, 01:34 PM

People like Friedell are the problem. Windhorst is the same. ESPN employs low self esteem characters to follow and opine every step of these mega stars lives, to the point where they have to embellish to keep relevant and stay employed. The new era of media coverage is upon us...**** you TMZ.

r15mohd
11-14-2014, 01:36 PM
People like Friedell are the problem. Windhorst is the same. ESPN employs low self esteem characters to follow and opine every step of these mega stars lives, to the point where they have to embellish to keep relevant and stay employed. The new era of media coverage is upon us...**** you TMZ.

yet everyone craves the attention...ESPN is only doing what followers want them to, or at least hope their followers want them to do

Dr.J4ever
11-14-2014, 01:46 PM

The stans are ruining this board.

Stans will defend any era, crazy theories, argue about rules and schemes, and insult and destroy potential competitors to their favorite players. It's sickening.

While Julius Erving is my favorite player, I am not hostage to the truth, and will not try to prop up my idol by sacrificing the truth.

Also, don't quit. At least until the 76ers turn it around. Then we will be the ones having the fun.:lol

aj1987
11-14-2014, 01:59 PM
I don't think anybody here likes Drake, dude.

Upgrayedd
11-14-2014, 02:11 PM
I love Noah but Rose is still a moron.

imdaman99
11-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Noah is the anti-Rose. He plays the game while injured, and was such a big part in beating the Nets a couple years back. I don't see Rose defending Noah if it were the other way around. Noah is a good guy, would love to have him on the Knicks. He's from NYC and Rose is from Chicago. NYC >>>> Chicago :pimp:

Pointguard
11-14-2014, 04:52 PM
The stans are ruining this board.

Stans will defend any era, crazy theories, argue about rules and schemes, and insult and destroy potential competitors to their favorite players. It's sickening.

While Julius Erving is my favorite player, I am not hostage to the truth, and will not try to prop up my idol by sacrificing the truth.

Also, don't quit. At least until the 76ers turn it around. Then we will be the ones having the fun.:lol
Stans are ok. They really like something and will be about trying to get others to see the value in it. But guys who just want to bring down everything and everyone except their guy is what ruins things.

Right now on the front page there are 4 anti Rose threads, 3 anti Kobe threads and two anti Lebron threads. As Lebron said, "its not basketball." At times it drifts into this hate atmosphere where you don't even see the fans.

Kidbasketball20
11-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Stans are ok. They really like something and will be about trying to get others to see the value in it. But guys who just want to bring down everything and everyone except their guy is what ruins things.

Right now on the front page there are 4 anti Rose threads, 3 anti Kobe threads and two anti Lebron threads. As Lebron said, "its not basketball." At times it drifts into this hate atmosphere where you don't even see the fans.

ISH isn't the Wall Street Journal.

It's to shit talk and talk about scenarios with some entertaining analysis provided.

zoom17
11-14-2014, 04:56 PM
I love Noah but Rose is still a moron.

:oldlol:

The Macho Man
11-14-2014, 04:58 PM
I like the part where visibly very upset dude tells people to chill the fvk out

Also jo where was you in the playoffs last year when Nene ate your asshole? Thought you could ball playboy

zoom17
11-14-2014, 05:04 PM

Also jo where was you in the playoffs last year when Nene ate your asshole? Thought you could ball playboy

:lebronamazed:

Dro
11-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Noah is that dude. People can talk a lot behind a computer but his teammates and staff all support and love dude. All you so called bulls fan/rose haters are wack.
Couldn't agree with you and Noah more...:applause:

Dro
11-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Noah is right, to a degree...it is somewhat overblown, but given the fragile history with Rose, it certainly isn't wrong to raise concern/question.

as for Noah...he's reiterated this type of response a couple times already when asked about DRose's injuries...at what point does he start admitting to himself that DRose is just unlucky in his health and the future is more bleek than it is prosperous?

there's only so many times you can quiet the crowd...but when it it becomes a constant concern like this, you can't really hide the situation or disregard it :confusedshrug:
And what's he supposed to do? Say to the media, "yeah I don't think Rose will ever make it back to being the same player that he was before". I mean, who does that? He's supposed to be supportive of his teammate, not be a downer.....

Dro
11-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Also, like I've said all along, those who are extra critical of Rose have never had any serious KNEE injuries..Not talking about ankles and sh*t, I mean KNEES....Well I've had tons of them to both knees, sprains, dislocated kneecaps and torn ACL's...They are easily the TOUGHEST mental hurdle to get over....Some of you just don't have a clue....Notice he hardly ever hop-steps anymore and when he does, its more of a skip-step and he doesn't plant on his right leg, he plants on his left, because that's how he messed his knee up in the first place...I give him a TON of credit because even when I play now, I'm SCARED TO DEATH of messing up my knees because its always so random, you don't even have to have contact....I don't even play anymore because I'm too scared too honestly, and I've never had any surgery or anything, can't afford it....

I agreed with Barkley's comments last night, Rose should not have said it like he said it...

Dro
11-14-2014, 06:18 PM
The trolling isn't even funny here. It's not tolerable because it's not even trolling it's just that people are stupid. I try to stay out of it but it's too annoying sometimes. I've been here since 2006 and I don't think that I even have 2000 posts. It really did used to just be about basketball. It's just dumb now.
Exactly..Don't know why people think trolling is funny...90% of time its not, its lame......I'm one of the silliest dudes around in my real life.....

poido123
11-14-2014, 06:41 PM

Shouldn't you be back in the BTE thread where you Belong?

We talk about basketball here.