PDA

View Full Version : This rookie class is awful, just like I said it would be

Bodhi
11-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Embiid was the only future star in the class, and once he broke his foot it was over

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 02:08 PM
It sure is.

stalkerforlife
11-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Bu bu bu bu bu BUT I thought this was the greatest draft class ever.

Haymaker
11-14-2014, 02:40 PM
This is the Sam Bowie of Draft classes.

imdaman99
11-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Cleanthony Early will be great once the Knicks get rid of Melo.

Get it done, Phil :rockon:

SourGrapes
11-14-2014, 02:43 PM
are you serious? it's been less than four weeks, and you expect greatness? you won't be able to adequately judge the players and the class for more than a year.

some of you are so clueless

nba_55
11-14-2014, 02:49 PM
are you serious? it's been less than four weeks, and you expect greatness? you won't be able to adequately judge the players and the class for more than a year.

It was the most hyped draft after 2003, I expected better. None of them has the potential ofbecoming a superstar (excluding Embiid, we have yet to see him in NBA).

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 02:49 PM

I'm only serious in the sense that in a few weeks into the season there really haven't been any standout games from any of the guys. I don't think that they are all busts and won't develop, It's just not going to be pretty watching them develop. It would be so much better if there was a proper farm system for these kids and they could just start playing at 18 and get better and then come in the league and be more prepared. That will never happen but it's just ugly to watch Jabari Parker right now and Wiggins and mostly all of the rookies. The class could end up being really awesome but watching them this season is probably gonna be more ugly than pretty.

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 03:06 PM
This is the Sam Bowie of Draft classes.

Sam Bowie was really not that bad. Haunted by injuries his entire career and still managed to be a career 10/8/2blk guy who peaked at 16/10. Obviously being picked between Hakeem and Jordan makes it look much worse than it is but look at some of the other guys in the top 10 - Sam Perkins, Melvin Turpin, Lancaster Gordon, Leon Wood. besides his last years in LA playing limited minutes Bowie was a career double double guy. Not terrible.

Marchesk
11-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Sam Bowie was really not that bad. Haunted by injuries his entire career and still managed to be a career 10/8/2blk guy who peaked at 16/10. Obviously being picked between Hakeem and Jordan makes it look much worse than it is but look at some of the other guys in the top 10 - Sam Perkins, Melvin Turpin, Lancaster Gordon, Leon Wood. besides his last years in LA playing limited minutes Bowie was a career double double guy. Not terrible.

Being picked ahead of Jordan, Barkley, and Stockton makes it look real bad.

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Being picked ahead of Jordan, Barkley, and Stockton makes it look real bad.

Hakeem was also picked ahead of Jordan. I'd consider 2 rings to be a "bust" when you could have had 6. Turpin, Perkins, Gordon, Wood were picked ahead of Stockton too.

I think there were worse draft picks in NBA history. And I'd argue that for example getting Candyman with a #1 pick is much worse than going with double-double guy Bowie at #2. A player drafted in the top 10 doesn't mean in any way they will even be a perennial all star.

DonDadda59
11-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Jerry West AKA the GOAT talent evaluator said the same thing when all the pundits were jerking off to this below average draft class:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327238

My nigguh Jerry never told a lie in his life.

Marchesk
11-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Hakeem was also picked ahead of Jordan. I'd consider 2 rings to be a "bust" when you could have had 6. Turpin, Perkins, Gordon, Wood were picked ahead of Stockton too.

I think there were worse draft picks in NBA history. And I'd argue that for example getting Candyman with a #1 pick is much worse than going with double-double guy Bowie at #2. A player drafted in the top 10 doesn't mean in any way they will even be a perennial all star.

Come on, man. Hakeem is probably top 10 all-time, and it wasn't his fault Sampson turned out to be injury prone as well. Otherwise, he might have more than 2 rings.

That in no universe compares to picking Bowie over Jordan.

el gringos
11-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Cleanthony Early will be great once the Knicks get rid of Melo.

Get it done, Phil :rockon:
Retarded.

But yeah he could be pretty good once Hardaway is traded. His peak value will be if he can cover the 2&3. He is not a 3/4

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Overhyped seems like a more apt term me thinks. It's waaaaaay too early in the game to cast the awful label though.

dreamwarrior
11-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Parker is doing well but I think he's already reached his peak. He's going to be one of those guys who plays pretty well for 2-3 years and then hits a wall and ends up being a 10/8 journeyman.

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Come on, man. Hakeem is probably top 10 all-time, and it wasn't his fault Sampson turned out to be injury prone as well. Otherwise, he might have more than 2 rings.

That in no universe compares to picking Bowie over Jordan.

I agree, that was an exaggeration. My point though is that Bowie is not the worst draft pick or biggest bust of all time. If this draft class is the Sam Bowie then there is another worse draft class which is the Candyman, etc.

Parker is doing well but I think he's already reached his peak. He's going to be one of those guys who plays pretty well for 2-3 years and then hits a wall and ends up being a 10/8 journeyman.

:roll:

I'm sure he's peaked less than a month into his rookie season.

Eric Cartman
11-14-2014, 06:33 PM
This draft will be a good one in hindsight.

Of course not 2003-esque, but it will have a healthy number of regular all stars.

My picks are Parker, Gordon, Lavine, Wiggins of course and one of the guys picked in the 20's. Maybe Napier.

JtotheIzzo
11-14-2014, 06:38 PM

Woah whoa woe!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!

Shut your yap on Samuel Bruce Perkins my friend, this seventeen year true pro, is nothing to be sneezed at.

He averaged double digits for 13 straight years, was the very first stretch four, played for winning teams for most of his career and was a great post defender.

They do not come more pro than Sam Perkins!

and for the record, if you cannot see the good in Wiggins you don't understand the game at this level.

outbreak
11-14-2014, 06:42 PM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

A rookie who's played a month in the league has peaked?

Milbuck
11-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Stop posting.

poido123
11-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Stop posting.

:oldlol:

Sometimes I wonder how the f.ck some posters on here can fully believe what they type.

I always hope they are trolling, I'd hate to be talking to a population of 50% ISH retards.

fpliii
11-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Still think Embiid will be a monster.

poido123
11-14-2014, 07:44 PM

Me too.

I've predicted a top 10 alltime great if he can stay healthy :rockon:

He has it all. Needs to play though.

livinglegend
11-14-2014, 07:55 PM
:oldlol:

Sometimes I wonder how the f.ck some posters on here can fully believe what they type.

I always hope they are trolling, I'd hate to be talking to a population of 50% ISH retards.

Ironic!
Many others feel the same about you.

JohnFreeman
11-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Jabari looks good

outbreak
11-14-2014, 07:59 PM

Payton will be an all star aswell. Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Lavine even Gordon have all shown flashes so far as well. They'll take time to learn the game though. Most of the top rookies this year are young.

poido123
11-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Ironic!
Many others feel the same about you.

But only butthurt lebron fans who I catch feelings on the regular.

SHABBA
11-14-2014, 08:06 PM
KJ McDaniels is the greatest talent to come into the NBA since John Wall.

wakencdukest
11-14-2014, 08:11 PM
The majority of first round picks are one and dones, they are going to take years to develop. You probably won't know how good this draft class really is until 2017.

coin24
11-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Premature much:lol

Eric Cartman
11-15-2014, 01:14 AM
You know you are old when Hubie Brown calls you a dinosaur.