PDA

View Full Version : Why are The Sixers Front Office praised by ESPN for tanking?

HOoopCityJones
11-14-2014, 02:56 PM
But my Lakers FO are portrayed as scum of the Earth for what they put on the floor? :facepalm

MastaKilla
11-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Because ESPN hates Kobe

These are the same people who had multiple writers leave kobe off the 06 MVP ballot

HOoopCityJones
11-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Because ESPN hates Kobe

These are the same people who had multiple writers leave kobe off the 06 MVP ballot

Robbing my ***** of acclaim since 06, yet they'll praise Bron for farting in someones mouth. :wtf:

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2014, 03:02 PM
I haven't noticed much praise for Philly. Meanwhile LA is being criticized because they've steadily gotten worse in spite of Bryant's presence. They had a ton of cap space and all they could do is bring in Boozer? In LA? Not even talking about James or Melo, you can't go for Lance Stephenson?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Because LA has no shot of contending while having a net negative player making 25 million.

HOoopCityJones
11-14-2014, 03:07 PM
I haven't noticed much praise for Philly. Meanwhile LA is being criticized because they've steadily gotten worse in spite of Bryant's presence. They had a ton of cap space and all they could do is bring in Boozer? In LA? Not even talking about James or Melo, you can't go for Lance Stephenson?

Don't even get me started man.

I wanted them to go after Lance and IT2 , along with resigning Nick Young and still signing Davis to the robbery contract we did. I swear that core could've competed out West with this healthy Kobe.

But like you said, we went after Lin and Boozer , then signed Hill to a ridiculous contract. Shit is the definition of incompetence and it reeks of Jim Buss.

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2014, 03:23 PM
But like you said, we went after Lin and Boozer , then signed Hill to a ridiculous contract. Shit is the definition of incompetence and it reeks of Jim Buss.
You make this topic complaining about the way the LA FO is allegedly disrespected and then write this about them?

PhutureDynasty
11-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Is ESPN praising the 76ers for tanking? Figured they'd be shunned.

Honestly haven't paid attention to notice.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 03:27 PM
You make this topic complaining about the way the LA FO is allegedly disrespected and then write this about them?

:roll:

End thread

Cold soul
Because ESPN hates Kobe

This ^^^^ this sums it up. Kobe been hated on from national media majority of his playing career.

RoundMoundOfReb
Kobe being a serious MVP contender in '06 is a joke.

NugzFan
11-14-2014, 03:33 PM
For how bad Philly is they better win 3 titles within the next decade.

I mean other teams tank but this is ridiculous.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Seriously though, 0-8 (or whatever) in the eastern conference? Beyond pathetic. They seriously might not win 10 games as bad as they look.

HOoopCityJones
11-14-2014, 03:38 PM

It's about bias. Trash is trash, there shouldn't be a discrepancy.

Why should they be portrayed as Cap space gurus just because they're tanking? While Lakers are the laughing stock just because.

If you haven't seen it , maybe I'm just listening to more sports radio or reading more articles with the narrative present.

SpecialQue
11-14-2014, 03:38 PM
I don't watch ESPN (I even mute it during half time if they're a ESPN-only NBA game on), but what are they saying about the Sixers? How are they being praised?

HOoopCityJones
11-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I don't watch ESPN (I even mute it during half time if they're a ESPN-only NBA game on), but what are they saying about the Sixers? How are they being praised?

It all started when I was listening to SVP and Russilo yesterday (one of the decent shows at ESPN) and he was on his rant about the Lakers current situation and , then came the comparison to Philly and they were basically praised for playing the tank game so blatantly.

Even the hack Abbott has been pro tank the last few years.

T_L_P
11-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I think outlets are jumping on Philly early because the rebuild has the potential to be one of the most effective ever.

Lakers aren't really rebuilding. They're waiting until an available big name FA becomes available, as they always have in hard times (not that I'm criticising it; if you have the means why not go down that route?)

HOoopCityJones
11-14-2014, 03:43 PM
I think outlets are jumping on Philly early because the rebuild has the potential to be one of the most effective ever.

Lakers aren't really rebuilding. They're waiting until an available big name FA becomes available, as they always have in hard times (not that I'm criticising it; if you have the means why not go down that route?)

This could be it. but still, I don't see it.

It's not like MCW or Noel are balling individually or anything. Where do people see all of this potential of this Tankscapade? Strictly Embiid centered or what?

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2014, 04:10 PM
It's about bias. Trash is trash, there shouldn't be a discrepancy.

Why should they be portrayed as Cap space gurus just because they're tanking? While Lakers are the laughing stock just because.

If you haven't seen it , maybe I'm just listening to more sports radio or reading more articles with the narrative present.
I have heard some appreciation for what Philly is doing but I'd say it falls short of praise. It's tanking, after all. I can believe that you've heard the Sixers discussed by proponents of tanking, and people holding that position probably pointed out Philly's advantage in young talent. With Noel, Embid, and MCW they do indeed have more building blocks than LA. It comes down to one team choosing to suck while the other made a lame effort to compete and then ended up sucking anyway. Neither is praiseworthy but one of them at least has a plan for the future.

AboutBuckets
11-14-2014, 04:21 PM
This could be it. but still, I don't see it.

It's not like MCW or Noel are balling individually or anything. Where do people see all of this potential of this Tankscapade? Strictly Embiid centered or what?

MCW has been out since having a torn labrum repaired and dropped 19/8/5 last night in his first game back :confusedshrug: sign of good things to come

GOBB
11-14-2014, 04:31 PM
For how bad Philly is they better win 3 titles within the next decade.

I mean other teams tank but this is ridiculous.

Seriously though, 0-8 (or whatever) in the eastern conference? Beyond pathetic. They seriously might not win 10 games as bad as they look.

Denver 1-6, Lakers 1-7. NYK 2-7 (6gm losing streak) , Pistons, Wolves 2-6. So ummm yeah Sixers are not the only team lookin like ass.

Bucks lost more games than the Sixers last year who tanked.

Sixers do not need to win 3 titles within a decade. Dont call this ridiculous when some teams have had how many #1 draft picks in the past 5 years? Oh we going to forgot about that team because the Messiah returned. Solid. We going to forgot what the Bobcats have done over the years? Cool beans. Oh wait what team is that listed at 2-6? The Wolves, same team that lives in the lottery. Same team that drafted how many PGs in the first rd that one draft? Okey dokey.

Cut the shit fellas. If the Sixers were doing this for years then ridiculous would apply. But again not one poster addresses my Kings post. Abvg 27 wins the past 8 years. Yes that is correct. 8. Lets count together...

not 1
not 2
not 3
not 4
not 5
not 6

You guys with me? Cool

not 7
but 8.

But the Sixers are ass to start this season and the sky is falling the sky is falling. Give me a break

TheMarkMadsen
11-14-2014, 04:36 PM

And rightfully so

On one hand i'd love to see the Lakers sign Lance, IT & Davis because with Kobe they would be a pretty good team.

On the other hand, you don't win championships by spending all your money on above average-good free agents. You win with Superstars & All stars, and unless you have Pop as your coach this will be true for every single team in the league.

If LA comes out of next off season with Rondo, that gives us another 8 years of an elite franchise type player as a cornerstone. A guy who can lead us when Kobe's gone (which at this rate barring injuries it could be another 4 years).

I have a suspicion that Rondo is destined to be a Laker and even if he's not we will find somebody. We will have another off season with tons of cap space and as long as the jersey reads 'Lakers' across on the front of it this teams front office shouldn't have a problem luring big time free agents no matter how incompetent they might seem to be at the moment.