PDA

View Full Version : Is JR Smith a net positive to any team?

Kidbasketball20
11-14-2014, 03:05 PM
His attitude, play style and contract is deadly.

I can't think of any type of team (contender, young team rebuilding, the Knicks etc..) that would want him and trust that he'd make them better. He destroys team chemistry and that play against the Magic 2 days ago is a key example.

NA2126
11-14-2014, 03:48 PM
His attitude, play style and contract is deadly.

I can't think of any type of team (contender, young team rebuilding, the Knicks etc..) that would want him and trust that he'd make them better. He destroys team chemistry and that play against the Magic 2 days ago is a key example.

He really is garbage. I don't think the Knicks could get him off their roster for a 2nd round pick even.

el gringos
11-14-2014, 03:59 PM
You guys are pushing an idiotic thought.

JR has value to almost any team. There's a lot of guys that make his money or more that aren't difference makers.

Keep reading box scores and each other's stupidity. Jr will continue to be a good nba player, this season he will get better and be a great piece in this triangle system in NY

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Put him on the 6ers/lakers and they get better. Doesn't mean he's a net positive though. Put him on any average team and they get worse.

Nuff Said
11-14-2014, 04:03 PM
But I thought he's the best shooter in the nba...

QuebecBaller
11-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Sixers, Pacers

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Incredible natural gifts. Sub-average mental capabilities.

It's a shame really...

chocolatethunder
11-14-2014, 05:21 PM

JR has value to almost any team. There's a lot of guys that make his money or more that aren't difference makers.

Keep reading box scores and each other's stupidity. Jr will continue to be a good nba player, this season he will get better and be a great piece in this triangle system in NY
10/10

Best troll of the day

Springsteen
11-14-2014, 05:27 PM

are you really stanning jr freaking smith

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 05:30 PM
10/10

Best troll of the day

You've reminded me a lot of me today. The fed up ISH exasperation effect. Keep the gun in the holster though my brother.

Akrazotile
11-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Hes really basically like Kobe. If the team is winning, he'll get credit bc his difficult shots and downtown bombs "look cool" even tho they arent contributing that much to the actual winning. Fans go with the simplest and most obvious explanations. If the team is losing, people start to question why hes playing so selfishly when he could be helping out in more effective ways. Prob for him is he doesnt have hoardes and hoardes of obsessively dedicated defenders and fanboys the way certain other chuckers do.

Ariza4three
11-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Sixers. Sixers want to tank. JR wants to chuck. If his value somehow inflates due to slightly better stats

Akrazotile
11-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Incredible natural gifts. Sub-human mental capabilities.

It's a shame really...

Fixed for accuracy

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Hes really basically like Kobe. If the team is winning, he'll get credit bc his difficult shots and downtown bombs "look cool" even tho they arent contributing that much to the actual winning. Fans go with the simplest and most obvious explanations. If the team is losing, people start to question why hes playing so selfishly when he could be helping out in more effective ways. Prob for him is he doesnt have hoardes and hoardes of obsessively dedicated defenders and fanboys the way certain other chuckers do.

Is JR even putting up points though anymore. Last I checked he was averaging a meager 8 points or something and hadn't scored in double digits in like 6 games. I think....

Done_And_Done
11-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Fixed for accuracy

Dry lol

AirFederer
11-14-2014, 05:40 PM
The opposing team

RidonKs
11-14-2014, 05:42 PM
he needs a firm coach is all. it's not that rare either. i think there are at least a dozen coaches out there who would relegate smith to a smarter 6th man sparkplug role and who he could get on with well enough.

the spurs would never bring him in obviously. but a rick carlisle or a doc rivers he'd thrive under i reckon.

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 05:46 PM
The opposing team

:roll: :roll: :roll:

JonatanRey
11-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Pretty good for any team trying to tank.

smoovegittar
11-14-2014, 07:20 PM
The opposing team
Best response yet. :applause:

el gringos
11-14-2014, 07:20 PM
he needs a firm coach is all. it's not that rare either. i think there are at least a dozen coaches out there who would relegate smith to a smarter 6th man sparkplug role and who he could get on with well enough.

the spurs would never bring him in obviously. but a rick carlisle or a doc rivers he'd thrive under i reckon.
The spurs wanted him several different times. Tried to trade w Denver for him and were 1 of the interested teams when he was in China. Why? Because they go off reality and not mob pressure

smoovegittar
11-14-2014, 08:04 PM
The spurs wanted him several different times. Tried to trade w Denver for him and were 1 of the interested teams when he was in China. Why? Because they go off reality and not mob pressure
Reality you say? Now THAT'S an oxymoron.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-14-2014, 08:16 PM
I'd love to see JR as a #1 on a team where he is given the opportunity to throw up whatever the **** he wants.

29 on 36%?

make it happen

disel
11-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Is jeremy rin a ok ball player? He'll no!

JohnFreeman
11-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Jr Smith + Barganani for DeAndre Jordan and Crawford

RoseCity07
11-14-2014, 09:16 PM
He deserves to be making the vet min and being used in situations off the bench.

He shouldn't be starting for any team. I think of him as a DeShawn Stevenson type player. The difference being that Stevenson matured and became useful at one point.