PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett Wants To Buy Wolves

FireDavidKahn
11-14-2014, 05:04 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/big-dreams--kevin-garnett-interested-in-buying-timberwolves-153359726.html

[QUOTE]OAKLAND, Calif.

SpecialQue
11-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Would love to see the culture change if he was the owner.

Inactive
11-14-2014, 05:10 PM
I have no idea if he would make a good owner, but I like the idea of retired players owning teams.

SpecialQue
11-14-2014, 05:15 PM
I have no idea if he would make a good owner, but I like the idea of retired players owning teams.

Initially read this as "retarded" and thought about Kawhi.

dazzer87
11-14-2014, 05:33 PM
KG cant purchase a team by himself. He doesn't have enough money. Maybe be part owner.

FireDavidKahn
11-14-2014, 05:53 PM
KG cant purchase a team by himself. He doesn't have enough money. Maybe be part owner.
Literally the very start of the article

"I want to buy the Timberwolves. Put a group together and perhaps some day try to buy the team. That's what I want," Garnett said after a 107-99 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Thursday night.

And Taylor is looking for minority owners with an option to buy out controlling interest

STATUTORY
11-14-2014, 05:54 PM
in b4 "anything is possible"

wakencdukest
11-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Would love to see the culture change if he was the owner.

It already did, they added 5 black guys and got rid of two whites.

Kblaze8855
11-14-2014, 06:20 PM

Its rarely as simple as handing over the teams value in cash.

I believe Michael Jordan "bought" the hornets in large part by assuming a huge portion of debt the previous owners had and agreeing to pay it off over decades.

NBA teams have been bought for like...half cash and half in the form of a well placed parking garage and a handshake to get a piece of future developments.

That plus all the partners involved....some teams have 3-4 billionaires in the ownership group.

You dont need 400 million in cash. Just rich friends and the support of the league.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Wolves shouldn't even cost a lot of money. Crappy location, crappy history. That would be cool to see KG own them. Whether him owning them changes anything for the good? I dont know but I love the idea of a guy who is the face of that franchise forever to be an owner. Also would like the camera man to show KG cursing :rant like he does on the court in a suit. :lol

Hope this happens in the future for him.

Reading is fundamental. You should give it a go sometime. It'll make you look less of an ass