PDA

View Full Version : Article: Kobe says he's extremely jealous of the Spurs

Hey Yo
11-14-2014, 05:22 PM
LOS ANGELES -- In the throes of a rebuilding season and surrounded by new teammates, Kobe Bryant wishes he had stability and continuity.

He wishes his situation were like that of Tim Duncan and the rest of the San Antonio Spurs, whom Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers will face Friday night at Staples Center.

"I'm extremely jealous of that," Bryant said this week after his team's loss in New Orleans. "I don't know if I can express to you how jealous I am of the fact that Tim, Tony [Parker], Manu [Ginobili] and Pop [Spurs coach Gregg Popovich] have all been together for all those years. Like, I can't even ... I can't express to you how jealous I am of that. Not all this up-and-down stuff."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11875566/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-envious-continuity-san-antonio-spurs

TheMarkMadsen
11-14-2014, 05:27 PM
"It would be like if Me, Pau, L.O. and Phil, if we were all just here, still," Bryant said. "It's crazy. That longevity is freaking crazy."

Bryant's Lakers have at least won championships in consecutive seasons, something Duncan's Spurs have yet to achieve.

"I take comfort in the fact that we've been able to do that twice," Bryant said, referring to a three-peat with Shaquille O'Neal and then the latter titles with Gasol.

How?

"I'm not giving up any tips," Bryant said, laughing.

T_L_P
11-14-2014, 05:27 PM
It's a good feeling knowing Bean is jealous. :cheers:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-14-2014, 05:29 PM
spurs had the longevity but not the consistency. They were incapable of being a dynasty and never won b2b

Ariza4three
11-14-2014, 05:32 PM
That's funny. Kobe's shitty personality is what caused his teammates to flee and go to another team in the first place.

Myth
11-14-2014, 05:36 PM
From the comments section:

Headline should read: "Guy Who Crapped His Own Bed Wishes His Bed Didn't Have Crap In It"

AirFederer
11-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Lol the irony.

This makes me doubt his IQ, and I hold him as a very intelligent guy.

Keep chucking, Brickbe, those bridges were burned ages ago :lol

T_L_P
11-14-2014, 05:51 PM
One thing: the Spurs would not currently exist as they do with Kobe instead of Duncan.

He cares too much about getting his numbers, being the guy, and having his face plastered everywhere. He hasn't gotten over himself, which is what Pop and R.C. look for.

That said, he would have been slightly more mature with Pop and Duncan. Shaq really wasn't a good influence on anyone.

Kobe's L.A. and Duncan is San Antonio. They both got drafted to the right locations.

STATUTORY
11-14-2014, 05:54 PM
misrepresenting what Kobe said, he says he would like one more shot at shitting on Duncan the way he has always done his career

R.I.P.
11-14-2014, 05:58 PM
I seriously wonder when he says stuff like that (I assume) in front of a bunch of reporters that not one of those ******* has the guts to ask him whether he thinks that his contract size is a contributing factor to the roster differences between the Spurs and Lakers. You can

T_L_P
11-14-2014, 05:58 PM
misrepresenting what Kobe said, he says he would like one more shot at shitting on Duncan the way he has always done his career

Didn't Kobe also say a few months back that he was jealous that Tim could get his sixth whilst he's watching at home in April?

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 05:59 PM

Headline should read: "Guy Who Crapped His Own Bed Wishes His Bed Didn't Have Crap In It"

:roll:

ArbitraryWater
11-14-2014, 06:00 PM
:roll: :facepalm

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339428

http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-jealous-of-tim-duncan-for-playing-with-same-great-coach/2014/05/30/

this guy again

STATUTORY
11-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Didn't Kobe also say a few months back that he was jealous that Tim could get his sixth whilst he's watching at home in April?
Tim is lucky that Buss family is incompetent, or else Kobe still be collecting rings

TheMarkMadsen
11-14-2014, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I seriously wonder when he says stuff like that (I assume) in front of a bunch of reporters that not one of those ******* has the guts to ask him whether he thinks that his contract size is a contributing factor to the roster differences between the Spurs and Lakers. You can

YouGotServed
11-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Just lol.

No words.

oarabbus
11-14-2014, 06:07 PM
hmm lets see

Tony Parker is making 12.5 mil per year

Manu is making 7 mil per year

Kawhi (FMVP) is making 2 million per year

Danny Green is making 4 million per year

Steve Nash is making 9.7 mil per year

Jeremy Lin is an 8 mil cap hit

Jordan Hill is making 9 mill per year

Nick Young is making 5 mill per year

Lakers could afford Parker, Kawhi, Green & Manu or others like them to put around Kobe.. but instead they chose to use that money on Jordan Hill, Lin, Nash & Young

bu..bu..bu..bu..butt it's all Kobe's fault :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The only reason that the Spurs can afford all those great players is Duncan is only being paid $10m... Kobe gets more than double that :roll:

GOBB
11-14-2014, 06:09 PM
One of the reasons why Sixers/Hinkie is doing what they are doing. Get in line Kobe

Springsteen
11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
One of the reasons why Sixers/Hinkie is doing what they are doing. Get in line Kobe

The Sixers are exploiting the draft system and are in all honestly an embarrassment to the NBA. They are establishing a losing culture and nowhere near the Spurs in terms of managment.

The only time the Spurs ever "tanked" was the year Robinson got injured. They develop foreign players and late draft picks into effective system players. The Sixers are simply loading up their team with D-Leaguers in hopes of maybe possibly getting the number 1 pick. Does that sound like something RC Buford or Popovich would do?

TheMarkMadsen
11-14-2014, 06:57 PM
The only reason that the Spurs can afford all those great players is Duncan is only being paid $10m... Kobe gets more than double that :roll:

wow you're dumb

the lakers are paying multiple players the same salalries as Parker, Kawhi, Green & Manu..

Swaggy makes more than Green

Hill gets paid the same as Manu & Kawhi combined

Lin gets paid more than Manu

Nash gets paid more than everybody on the Spurs not named Duncan or Parker

they have/had more than enough cap space to put help around Kobe

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l47keuq

BIZARRO
11-14-2014, 07:03 PM
I like Kobe, but what makes it an enviable situation is Duncan.

Kobe, with Manu and Parker, aren't winning any titles.

I feel like this is another in the stream of Bean's insecure and loaded comments lately as they are losing, and he can't help them win.

Before any Kobe stans jump down my throat, I do like Kobe. Just these comments he's been making lately are off IMO.

GOBB
11-14-2014, 07:09 PM
The Sixers are exploiting the draft system and are in all honestly an embarrassment to the NBA. They are establishing a losing culture and nowhere near the Spurs in terms of managment.

The only time the Spurs ever "tanked" was the year Robinson got injured. They develop foreign players and late draft picks into effective system players. The Sixers are simply loading up their team with D-Leaguers in hopes of maybe possibly getting the number 1 pick. Does that sound like something RC Buford or Popovich would do?

:rolleyes: I dont even know where to start. Establishing a losing culture happens in places like Sacramento. Sixers are starting from the ground up. You dont like it? Fine. As far as Spurs? you obviously cant read. Kobe said...

Kobe Bryant wishes he had stability and continuity

The bolded is what the Sixers aim for. Which is one reason why I referenced them as what the Sixers intentions are. The second reason is...

"I don't know if I can express to you how jealous I am of the fact that Tim, Tony [Parker], Manu [Ginobili] and Pop [Spurs coach Gregg Popovich] have all been together for all those years"

The Sixers have expressed they want to find a young core to groom/develop rather than going out trying to BUY errrr overpay talent and be stuck. They want what the Spurs have done. All their guys are home grown talent that was developed. Manu/Parker/Duncan, they stuck together for years and nothing but success. A solid foundation where they didnt win a title every year but consistently won every season and we contenders. Meaning they may not have been favored to win but were one of the teams mentioned as a possible team to win it all.

The fact I had to break this down for you to get is sad. Let me find out your tanking at life. That would be an utter embarrassment to your parents.

tontoz
11-14-2014, 07:43 PM
The Sixers spent a lot of years as an average team making the playoffs as a late seed or barely missing. Where did that get them?

Duncan has left a lot of money on the table over the years to allow the Spurs to keep the team together, not to mention being a total team player. Dirk took a huge pay cut this year to give the team cap space to pursue other players.

Kobe is all about himself.

JohnFreeman
11-14-2014, 07:50 PM
That's funny. Kobe's shitty personality is what caused his teammates to flee and go to another team in the first place.
Spitting truth

Blue&Orange
11-14-2014, 07:57 PM
poor kobe, he didn't had frigging loaded teams in every year of his career.

Cold soul
11-14-2014, 08:05 PM
poor kobe, he didn't had frigging loaded teams in every year of his career.

False. What about this year and years 05-07 come on man.

Nash
11-14-2014, 08:11 PM
hmm lets see

Tony Parker is making 12.5 mil per year

Manu is making 7 mil per year

Kawhi (FMVP) is making 2 million per year

Danny Green is making 4 million per year

Steve Nash is making 9.7 mil per year

Jeremy Lin is an 8 mil cap hit

Jordan Hill is making 9 mill per year

Nick Young is making 5 mill per year

Lakers could afford Parker, Kawhi, Green & Manu or others like them to put around Kobe.. but instead they chose to use that money on Jordan Hill, Lin, Nash & Young

bu..bu..bu..bu..butt Kobe's contract is holding the Lakers back :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

worst

ArbitraryWater
11-14-2014, 08:11 PM

:biggums:

cringe alert.

Cold soul
11-14-2014, 08:53 PM
:biggums:

cringe alert.

Wait so Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Chucky Atkins, and Brian Cook was good cast around Kobe during his peak years GTFO troll. Kobe dragged those scrubs to playoffs when western conference was still loaded.

ArbitraryWater
11-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Wait so Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Chucky Atkins, and Brian Cook was good cast around Kobe during his peak years GTFO troll. Kobe dragged those scrubs to playoffs when western conference was still loaded.

Thats the cringe part bruh :biggums:

That was the dude's point :biggums:

Your comprehension skills = :biggums:

Hey Yo
11-14-2014, 09:07 PM
No offense, but you misunderstood the guys post you quoted. In long term he's saying

"poor Kobe, he didn't get to play with a contending team every year he's been in the league, like those 3 on the Spurs did."

In other words, Kobe's played on some great Lakers teams unlike other great players before him had to settle for bad teams, but poor Kobe didn't get to play on contending team "every year." He had to just settle for playing with Shaq, Gasol etc...with Phil at the helm.

That's what dude was getting at.

Anaximandro1
11-14-2014, 09:07 PM

This.

Every organization mirrors the personality of its leader.

with Robinson and Duncan at the helm, the drama-free Spurs have been a model for consistency and professionalism over the last 25 years.

with Shaq and Kobe at the helm, the drama-queens have alternated periods of brilliance and absolute mediocrity, and now they have become a clown show.

disel
11-14-2014, 09:09 PM
He dissed his tream.Translation I got scrubs like Lin and Wes Johnson and they got Parker and duncan

TheMarkMadsen
11-14-2014, 09:09 PM
worst

So am I lying about the lakers role players getting paid more or the same as the spurs best players?

Or are you just and idiot

Myth
11-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Kobe's L.A. and Duncan is San Antonio. They both got drafted to the right locations.

Charlotte?

PsychoBe
11-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Charlotte?

traded and never put on a charlotte uniform

Myth
11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
traded and never put on a charlotte uniform

I know, it was just a friendly reminder that LA didn't draft him.

Derka
11-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Every franchise should be jealous of the Spurs. Such a sustained run of excellence is entirely deserving of envy and emulation.

PsychoBe
11-14-2014, 09:48 PM
I know, it was just a friendly reminder that LA didn't draft him.

they technically did since they had their eye on him since he worked out with them, and managed to convince charlotte to deal him to them.

Nash
11-14-2014, 09:53 PM
So am I lying about the lakers role players getting paid more or the same as the spurs best players?

You still actin' as if you can't see the difference between the first wage bill which is a by-product of Duncan leading the way and loyalty while the other one is just a mess of a team that is taking on bad contracts in hopes of cap relief one they expire? There would be no discounts from Parker and Ginobili if it wasn't for Duncan setting the tone.

rmt
11-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Kobe needs to look within himself and wonder why in a glitzy, big market like Los Angeles, on a storied franchise like the Lakers, no one wants to play there with him. It's not like they aren't paying the players (see salaries of Nash, Lin, etc.) well.

Then compare why players like Parker and Manu are willing to take less to play in a small (relative to LA) market with a team that hardly gets any attention. And it's not that Parker doesn't like the lime-light (he does - see his time with Eva). It's because Duncan allowed them to grow and develop into the all-stars that they became while contending almost every year.

Kobe is too busy chucking - chasing KAJ's scoring record - being the man. He should have deferred to/placated Dwight and done whatever was necessary to keep the only franchise player (it seems) the Lakers can get their hands on.

guy
11-14-2014, 11:39 PM
wow you're dumb

the lakers are paying multiple players the same salalries as Parker, Kawhi, Green & Manu..

Swaggy makes more than Green

Hill gets paid the same as Manu & Kawhi combined

Lin gets paid more than Manu

Nash gets paid more than everybody on the Spurs not named Duncan or Parker

they have/had more than enough cap space to put help around Kobe

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l47keuq

You're still missing the point. You think Tony Parker is settling for $12.5 million anywhere else? You think both Parker and Ginobili are taking a backseat throughout there careers so other players can develop if Duncan wasn't doing it also and didn't do it for them before? You think Danny Green is the player he has become if he was behind a dominant personality like Kobe?

You bring up how much they are paying Jordan Hill and Jeremy Lin, you're forgetting that the Lakers didn't need to sign/trade for those guys. If the Lakers had the Spurs type culture, they could've probably attracted various players for cheaper then their market value in hopes of winning a championship. But that possibly went out the window once Kobe signed that contract cause it probably sent the message to players that if he's not going to take a paycut then why should they, and with that contract coupled with Kobe's decline, it would've been too hard to win anyway. Shit, I'm sure if Kobe signed Duncan's contract, Pau, who's currently killing it in Chicago, probably comes back. Imagine that? Kobe + Pau for under $20M? It would've sent the message to players that they are much more serious about winning, and would've made them take a much longer look a them.

tontoz
11-14-2014, 11:42 PM

Maybe it is because the Spurs have a culture of taking less money to stick together, a trend started by HOF Duncan.

Myth
11-15-2014, 01:06 AM
they technically did since they had their eye on him since he worked out with them, and managed to convince charlotte to deal him to them.

I think you may be thinking "essentially" or something, because he was technically drafted by Charlotte.

ALBballer
11-15-2014, 01:54 AM
How many swingmen are jealous of the talent Kobe has had around him? Or imagine if Dirk had the dominant center like Shaq besides him. Or KG?

The guy is such an egomaniac. STFU and collect your 24 million while your team will struggle to get 30 wins this year. No one wants to play with your selfish ass which is why Gasol left and has become Chicago's best player this year but while he was on the Lakers he was soft. Howard left for the same reason.

Goldrush25
11-15-2014, 02:25 AM
So am I lying about the lakers role players getting paid more or the same as the spurs best players?.

You can't compare the Spurs to the Lakers. That entire culture preaches teamwork. What the Lakers preach is Kobe eats first, second and third. What free agent wants to be a part of that?

Ginobili, Parker, Leonard, Duncan are all underpaid if anything, and all of the scrubs on the Lakers are overpaid. There's a salary floor so Lakers have to spend a certain amount of money on players no matter what their talent level is. No decent players want anything to do with the Lakers so the scrubs reap the benefits.

I<3NBA
11-15-2014, 02:31 AM
the laker scrubs are overpaid because they can't even get other scrubs to sign :lol

so they had to overpay for those others just to sign them :lol

houston
11-15-2014, 03:08 AM
I understand what Kobe saying

Upgrayedd
11-15-2014, 03:39 AM
Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are classy players that don't play selfish basketball. That's why they've remained together and bring in better players and players who want to play with them unlike Kobe. No one wants to play with Kobe anymore.

Timmy D for MVP
11-15-2014, 03:42 AM
I'm a little shocked because it almost doesn't sound like he understands what has allowed them to work. Unless he does and he's saying he's jealous that he himself couldn't do that in which case that's surprisingly deep and introspective.

oarabbus
11-15-2014, 03:44 AM
I'm a little shocked because it almost doesn't sound like he understands what has allowed them to work. Unless he does and he's saying he's jealous that he himself couldn't do that in which case that's surprisingly deep and introspective.

I'm not counting on that one...

AirFederer
11-15-2014, 05:42 AM
Watching the Spurs play is like witnessing a symphony, it's perfection, teamwork, playing to each others strenghts. So fluid, so unselfish. The five players on court have become one :applause:

Lakers, on the other hand, gives me only 1/14th the pleasure.

retaxis
11-15-2014, 06:30 AM
PLaying in La is like playing with that boss you want to kill. Spurs on the other hand, they are that gentle soul that says " hey I will look out for you for the rest of your life and teach you what is important in life: relationships, understanding, trust, friendship, hardwork and sacrifice". Meanwhile in Laker town you got Kobe saying "if you ever take that shot and try to steal my limelight im going to get you traded the f*** out of here and you will be playing in the Phillipines before you can say Manilla." Thats why Spurs is a different franchise.