PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol to the Spurs next summer?

Upgrayedd
11-15-2014, 12:47 AM
They were just talking about it during the game. Gasol is the big free agent the Spurs are going to target next summer. That would be insane. Duncan and Ginobili would have to return for another season if they were able to get Gasol.

C: Gasol/Splitter
PF: Duncan/Diaw
SF: Leonard/Belinelli
SG: Green/Ginobili
PG: Parker/Mills

:bowdown:

Haymaker
11-15-2014, 12:51 AM
:banana:

fpliii
11-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Are they targeting LMA as well? Either would be great there.

Smook A.
11-15-2014, 12:56 AM
If Spurs get him then it'll be huge. Gasol could be the perfect replacement for Duncan once he decides to hang it up. Monroe would be nice too, but he's far from being the defensive player that Marc currently is.

Crystallas
You can have him Spurs fans, I mean Upgrayyed

keep-itreal
That would be amazing. I kept wondering why Pau Gasol didn't come to the Spurs instead

Budadiiii
11-15-2014, 12:57 AM
He prefers the city of Chicago.

Upgrayedd
11-15-2014, 12:58 AM
You would have to imagine that Duncan and Ginobili would re-sign with the Spurs if this were to happen. Even at 40 if you were to team up Duncan with Gasol, Duncan would contribute big time. Popovich could rest him like half the season and just need him during the playoffs.

Upgrayedd
11-15-2014, 01:02 AM
And on top of Duncan/Gasol/Diaw/Splitter they'd still have Kyle Anderson. I want to see how he turns out. He could be the Spurs replacement at the 4 when Duncan retires. A core of Leonard/Gasol/Parker/Anderson/Green could be awesome. But I think Duncan would stay next season if they were able to get Gasol. He'd have to stick around one more season. Gasol would be the best big man Duncan has played with since David Robinson.

secund2nun
11-15-2014, 01:04 AM
Cavs need to trade Irving for Gasol. Get a god damn center.

Inferno
11-15-2014, 01:06 AM
IF SA gets Gasol I'll kill myself :lol

sammichoffate
11-15-2014, 01:08 AM
That would be some dynasty-level bullshit right there :bowdown:

Upgrayedd
11-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Cavs need to trade Irving for Gasol. Get a god damn center.

Or the Cavs could see how this season works out for them and let Love go, sign Gasol.

C: Gasol
PF: Thompson
SF: LeBron
SG: Waiters
PG: Irving

Duggrr
11-15-2014, 01:13 AM
Are they targeting LMA as well? Either would be great there.
Even though LMA is my favorite player in the league and I'd be really sad to see him leave my hometown team, (which I don't think he will) I would be content with him on the spurs. Watching him play with Pop coaching would be absolutely creamworthy.

secund2nun
11-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Or the Cavs could see how this season works out for them and let Love go, sign Gasol.

C: Gasol
PF: Thompson
SF: LeBron
SG: Waiters
PG: Irving

Love is a lot better than Irving though. Love also makes up for Gasols blah rebounding. Lebron should be main ball handler for Cleveland anyways...Irving is just an undersized SG with no defense.

Timmy D for MVP
11-15-2014, 04:08 AM
I have heard this as well. I'm not confident at ALL that Gasol is going anywhere.

SpanishACB
11-15-2014, 06:51 AM
They've been talking about this in Spanish media for a while is. For the most part, no one believes Spurs would offer Marc Gasol the max, which he could get anywhere else and Marc is most likely thinking for future clearance at this point of his career.

Thing is, if he takes the max at memphis they will be irrelevant for a while, so I'm not sure he wants that either.

Haymaker
11-15-2014, 07:15 AM
Him and Kawhi could carry the team after our aging stars retire. Pop could leave one of his disciples coaching too.

brooks_thompson
11-15-2014, 08:21 AM
They've been talking about this in Spanish media for a while is. For the most part, no one believes Spurs would offer Marc Gasol the max, which he could get anywhere else and Marc is most likely thinking for future clearance at this point of his career.

Thing is, if he takes the max at memphis they will be irrelevant for a while, so I'm not sure he wants that either.

I disagree with the irrelevancy on Memphis. TA's getting older but still spry, Prince is expiring, Randolph will be a double double guy til he retires, and the cap's about to shoot through the roof. Only thing that's really concerning for the future is their ability to find a young scoring/shooting wing to inject the core with some youth.

I don't think it's a given he stays, but he's in a good situation here and in a city he loves. Similar to the Spurs, he has built an unbelievable chemistry with Conley and Randolph for the last five years. The Spurs have shown that continuity keeps you winning. Also,He hasn't shown any of Pau's big city wanderlust to this point.

brooks_thompson
11-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Also want to add an amusing Marc story. A friend of mine served him and Darko Milicic at a restaurant a couple years back. I saw the receipts, and Marc outdrank Darko 13 Stella Artois to 10 over the course of an hour 15, hour 30 tops. They were both unfazed. Although my friend said Darko was an ass and depressed about being on Minnesota.

AirFederer
11-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Perfect fit! That bball IQ and passing :applause:

Upgrayedd
11-17-2014, 09:27 PM
More news about Marc Gasol to the Spurs.

I would really hope that if they do sign Gasol next summer that they can talk Duncan and Ginobili into sticking around one more season. I would love to see one season with Gasol playing Center and Duncan at PF.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24817605/report-spurs-interested-in-pursuing-marc-gasol-to-replace-tim-duncan

T_L_P
11-17-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm sure this is unfounded. Spurs don't let this stuff out. Pure assumption.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Why do most seem to think Gasol is leaving Memphis?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Why do most seem to think Gasol is leaving Memphis?
When u have the best defensive player in the league everyones gonna go out their way to find a scenario when they get him