PDA

View Full Version : How much longer does Jim Buss have?

hawkfan
11-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Legitimate question.
Discuss.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 12:51 PM
9 years or until he makes racist remarks.

Hawks haven't won a championship in like 55 years, these threads are always amusing.

IncarceratedBob
11-15-2014, 12:52 PM
He has 2 years. He's said if he doesn't have the a Lakers contending by then he'll step down.

hawkfan
11-15-2014, 12:54 PM
He has 2 years. He's said if he doesn't have the a Lakers contending by then he'll step down.

I don't know if he can survive this year if they don't even with 20 games.
Some fans will start coming with paper bags on their heads and the chants of "Fire Jim Buss" will get louder and louder.

Haymaker
11-15-2014, 12:54 PM

Will Jeanie Buss take over and bring her husband? I'd rather bring back Jerry West or give Kupchak the job.

hawkfan
11-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Will Jeanie Buss take over and bring her husband? I'd rather bring back Jerry West or give Kupchak the job.

Kupchak has the job; it's just that he has to go through Jim Buss - Kupchak doesn't have free reign.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 12:57 PM
I don't know if he can survive this year if they don't even with 20 games.
Some fans will start coming with paper bags on their heads and the chants of "Fire Jim Buss" will get louder and louder.
the main objective is to win under 20 games this season. kobe needs to fake an injury and rest up for the 2016 season.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Jerry WEst should def be a consultant for the Lakers.

Haymaker
11-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Kupchak has the job; it's just that he has to go through Jim Buss - Kupchak doesn't have free reign.

I think Buss tells Kupchak what to do, not the other way around. Mitch is way too smart, he wouldn't have signed such a shitty roster.

coin24
11-15-2014, 01:09 PM
He should be gone already.. What a fkn embarrassment to his dad..:facepalm

Haymaker
11-15-2014, 01:17 PM
He should be gone already.. What a fkn embarrassment to his dad..:facepalm

Indeed. Makes you appreciate Jerry Buss as one of the best team owners there have been. He was not just a billionaire, he knew how to run a franchise.

ZeN
11-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Seeing as how he's an owner, it won't be an easy out, regardless of the timetable he gave himself. Dude is making a lot of money despite his team losing so much.

Cold soul
11-15-2014, 01:54 PM
The sooner the better. Jim Buss needs to GTFO and stop being owner of the Lakers.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Seeing as how he's an owner, it won't be an easy out, regardless of the timetable he gave himself. Dude is making a lot of money despite his team losing so much.
How much money do you think he'd lose if he stepped down? We're not asking him to sell the team..

or are we lol

ZeN
11-15-2014, 01:58 PM
How much money do you think he'd lose if he stepped down? We're not asking him to sell the team..

or are we lol
He would stand to make more money in the position he's in. His siblings that don't hold a managerial position as he does, aren't making the same amount. That's not to say that to them it's a big difference. I bet to Jim it is thought. Dude has an ego as well.

Random_Guy
11-15-2014, 02:02 PM
iirc jim buss played a big role in the formation of the lakers recent dwight-kobe super team. im not a laker fan but i think its unfair to use hindsight to judge that. that was supposed to be a great team...to bad it didnt wokr out.

ZeN
11-15-2014, 02:14 PM
iirc jim buss played a big role in the formation of the lakers recent dwight-kobe super team. im not a laker fan but i think its unfair to use hindsight to judge that. that was supposed to be a great team...to bad it didnt wokr out.
He also was part of the nixed CP3 deal.

But wait...

He also hired and fire Mike Brown and Mike NoD Antoni
He also didn't hire Phil when he was willing to coach the Lakers
He also didn't even give Adleman an interview, a coach who has a big man moving offense that could have worked with Pau and Howard

Eric Cartman
11-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Wasn't this the point of the lakers season?

To get a high draft pick.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Wasn't this the point of the lakers season?

To get a high draft pick.
i don't think that was the goal in the off-season ala sixers. since the lakers were unable to lure any free agents, that seems to be the goal now.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-15-2014, 02:30 PM
He has one of the worst haircuts in the NBA by far.
It's almost as bad as another sports owner with a shitty haircut fit for a 5 year old, Mark Davis.

gts
11-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Jerry WEst should def be a consultant for the Lakers.
he won't comeback because of Jackson's relationship to the team through Jeanie... And Jeanie won't ask him back because of her relationship with Phil, Jackson and West pretty much hate each other, Jackson is why West left in the first place...

Jerry Buss blew it there, he should have never let West leave the team but he was too enamored with the moment of winning titles with Shaq and Kobe and didn't want to rock the boat with his daughter