PDA

View Full Version : Why does the media give that loser Steve Nash so many passes?

truhooper
11-15-2014, 02:01 PM
He already admitted he's only playing (which he can't even do) for the money, but now he's being a pos towards the coach & players :coleman:

The Lakers' woes continue. Kobe Bryant was ill before their depressing 93-80 loss to the Spurs on Friday. The team is a mess and there's no hope in sight. And Steve Nash of course is lost for the season.

But the LA Daily News reports that the Lakers' situation is fluid with Nash, that they would like him to play as a mentor for the young team. Unfortunately ... he won't call his coach back. And beyond that, there's an alternative for the Lakers on the horizon:

"I would like to (hear from Nash), but I don't know," Lakers coach Byron Scott said. "I gave him a call, but I haven't gotten a return call. So we'll see."

Scott conceded he would have "definitely" returned any of his coaches' calls immediately during his 14-year NBA career. But Scott maintains he's "not angry at all" he has not yet heard from Nash, who is still under contract with the Lakers for $9.8 million. The Lakers have allowed Nash to keep his distance and has deferred to him on whether he would like to be around the team's training facility.

The Lakers have applied for a disabled player exception because of Nash's absence, which would be worth about $4.9 million. Assuming the NBA approves it, it is unlikely the Lakers will use it to sign a player through free agency or trade. But the Lakers could seek to trade his expiring contract.

The problem with moving Nash is that expiring contracts have lost a lot of value under the new CBA. Most teams have cap room, and if they don't, they will under the new 2016 CBA adjustments. So despite his contract being nothing but free weight that can be shed (he can't mess with a rotation because he's not playing), there's not a lot of value there.

Is there anything to the fact Nash hasn't called his coach back? No. He's barely played for Scott, it's not like they have a deep relationship. Nash is smart enough to know the realities of the situation when it comes to where his future with the Lakers lies, and in truth, he'sprobably done for his career. You can hardly fault the guy for not wanting to talk to the coach of a bad team about playing the wise old grandpa. He would be invaluable, but Nash has never seemed all that interested in a coaching role.

We'll see if they can find somewhere that wants the cap room. Wouldn't it be great if he was traded back to Phoenix to retire there?

navy
11-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Nash. Still ****ing with Kobe after all these years.

IncarceratedBob
11-15-2014, 02:14 PM
He's a scumbag but he always has been. Nothing new.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 02:19 PM
if nash doesn't want to be around the team, can't they negotiate a buy-out? If he refuses to report to work, can't they terminate his contract?

theaussieguy
11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
use ur head u ****ing moron. The lakers are going ****ing nowhere, would you turn down 10 million dollars or whatever his contract is?

****ing idiot

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-15-2014, 02:23 PM
use ur head u ****ing moron. The lakers are going ****ing nowhere, would you turn down 10 million dollars or whatever his contract is?

****ing idiot
are you 26 or 6?

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Because he gave his teammates so many passes.

Akrazotile
11-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Local radio guys have been killing him on this and they should. That was simply a really dumb decision on his part.

Mgamer20o0
11-15-2014, 07:59 PM
after reading his post on facebook i have little to no respect for him. i always gave him the benefit of the doubt. he made it clear that he knew he was done when he signed the contact with the lakers. he completely screwed them over. i think the only reason the lakers dont take more action is they are hoping to use him as a expire.

D.J.
11-15-2014, 11:44 PM
The media gives him a pass because up until now, he's always been a likeable guy who never caused any problems. Now he's being a d*ck and selfish prick. He knew all along he'd never be able to play, but he chose to go on simply to take the $10 million. Now the team has a point guard who can't even answer the phone without throwing out his back, plus they have to pay him and can't afford to sign anyone else unless the league approves the disabled player motion.