PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is the second best scorer in the nba.

navy
11-15-2014, 10:36 PM
After Durant who is injured at the moment.

Prove me wrong.

JohnFreeman
11-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Melo
LeBron
Durant

navy
11-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Melo
LeBron
Durant
:no:
Overall
Durant
Lebron
Melo

Need an iso two midrange?
Melo
Durant
Lebron

Facts.

Trollsmasher
11-15-2014, 10:52 PM
I will prove you wrong

He is the best:lol

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Agreed. it's really not even debatable

Hoopz2332
11-15-2014, 11:15 PM
No. He's actually the best. Dude gets buckets at a high eff rate and doesn't need FT's like Harden and Durant.:bowdown:

mehyaM24
11-15-2014, 11:16 PM
not if we exclude the playoffs - where lebron is quite easily the better scorer

Joyner82reload
11-15-2014, 11:24 PM
not if we exclude the playoffs - where lebron is quite easily the better scorer

Durant 28.9 ppg on 58.3 TS%
LeBron 28.0 ppg on 57.8 TS%

Clearly, idiot LeBron fans continue to prove their stupidity

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2014, 11:26 PM
Durant has played on faster paced teams for most of his career.

mehyaM24
11-15-2014, 11:30 PM

lebron has a better eFG and FG%, peak scoring (see: 35ppg in 2009) while also facing tougher eastern conference defenses.

i applaud your effort, kobe fan.

JT123
11-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Durant has played on faster paced teams for most of his career.
And has had a lot more help. During Lebron's first 7 years in the league defenses could completely key in on Lebron because his supporting cast couldn't make them pay for it. Teams can't do that to Durant because then Alphabrook will take over.

navy
11-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Yall nikkas didnt need to invade my thread with your trolling.

I was speaking pure facts.

Joyner82reload
11-15-2014, 11:37 PM
lebron has a better eFG and FG%, peak scoring (see: 35ppg in 2009) while also facing tougher eastern conference defenses.

i applaud your effort, kobe fan.

51.8 eFG vs 51.3

Durant's numbers are skewed due to his terrible first playoff series, take that series out and Durant's at 52.3 eFG%.

And LOL @ tougher eastern conference defenses. Care to post LeBron's career playoff numbers vs Western conference teams? Or Durant's vs Eastern conference teams for that matter? retard

mehyaM24
11-16-2014, 12:04 AM
51.8 eFG vs 51.3

Durant's numbers are skewed due to his terrible first playoff series, take that series out and Durant's at 52.3 eFG%.

And LOL @ tougher eastern conference defenses. Care to post LeBron's career playoff numbers vs Western conference teams? Or Durant's vs Eastern conference teams for that matter? retard

just looking at durant's numbers in the 2012-2013 season (when both he and westbrook were healthy) - he shot 48% against eastern teams and upwards up to 51% against western ones.

regardless of the eastern and western splits, durant has the HUGE advantage of playing alongside westbrook, who TEAM defenses have to shift and account for. anyone that watches both their games can see that durant gets easier baskets simply because of westbrook's penetration to the basket.

stick to kobe talk. you know nothing about okc or durant. :oldlol:

red1
11-16-2014, 12:15 AM
joyner shitting on mehyaM24

Milbuck
11-16-2014, 12:21 AM
just looking at durant's numbers in the 2012-2013 season (when both he and westbrook were healthy) - he shot 48% against eastern teams and upwards up to 51% against western ones.

regardless of the eastern and western splits, durant has the HUGE advantage of playing alongside westbrook, who TEAM defenses have to shift and account for. anyone that watches both their games can see that durant gets easier baskets simply because of westbrook's penetration to the basket.

stick to kobe talk. you know nothing about okc or durant. :oldlol:
This has been proven wrong so many times it's not even funny.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 12:28 AM
backhanded compliment.. I don't see why he wouldn't be the best :confusedshrug:

Melo isn't even in that LBJ/KD tier.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 12:29 AM
This has been proven wrong so many times it's not even funny.

Well you weren't paying attention then...

One guy being out there alone leaves you more exposed to defenses.

2 threats = opponents keep their head up, more spacing..

1 threat = you get singled out.

In terms of efficiency, given the right playing style, it can make a difference..

mehyaM24
11-16-2014, 12:32 AM

In terms of efficiency, given the right playing style, it can make a difference..
common sense is missed with low iq posters. :confusedshrug:

pauk
11-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Lebron is a better scorer than Durant, he has to play pg/facilitate aswell, everybody knows if he was thinking about only scoring he would lead the league in ppg every time... just because he can do & does other things aswell offensively compared to kd doesnt mean he is a worse scorer.

yarrak
11-16-2014, 12:36 AM
'
51.8 eFG vs 51.3

It's hilarious how this guy disappears every year towards the end of the season because LeBron shits on his boy Durant in every possible way. He never fails to come back the next season to talk shit about LeBron though:lol :lol :lol

Go ahead dude. You got some time until it's time for you to disappear again.

Calling it now.. Once Durant comes back this guy will have lots of threads trying to prove that Durant is better than LeBron.. Come playoff time, he will be no where to be found.

Milbuck
11-16-2014, 12:36 AM

This would actually mean something if OKC ran a legitimate offense that used every player on the court with a collective purpose, if they had a real offensive system with consistent plays. Then yeah, having a superstar talent like Westbrook beside you makes things a hell of a lot easier.

But when the vast majority of your offense is KD iso, Westbrook iso, a sprinkle of Ibaka midrange, and then the products of the first three, it really doesn't mean much. Whatever advantage KD or Westbrook get by having the other one there..it's weakened by having a garbage offense that relies on you to do and create everything.

If anything the fact that Durant and Westbrook are doing what they're doing without the elite spacing, ball movement, intelligent basketball plays that teams like SA, Portland, Dallas, Miami from the past few years have had is pretty damn impressive.

Just look at Durant without Westbrook last year...dude was putting up GOAT-level scoring stretches over months...again, without Westbrook.

navy
11-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Stay on Topic.

Thread was basically me saying Lebron > Melo in scoring.
And Curry/Harden if you think they are in that tier.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 12:40 AM
common sense is missed with low iq posters. :confusedshrug:

Thats from the same guy who argued KG on a good offensive team = less pressure, more responsibility of his back, would perform better... hypocrite.

MB: Last season also coinceded with KD's peak.. Durant entered another level in the regular season.

Stay on Topic.

Thread was basically me saying Lebron > Melo in scoring.

Well no shit, Sherlock. The real debate to be had is LeBron vs Durant.

JT123
11-16-2014, 12:41 AM
'

It's hilarious how this guy disappears every year towards the end of the season because LeBron shits on his boy Durant in every possible way. He never fails to come back the next season to talk shit about LeBron though:lol :lol :lol

Go ahead dude. You got some time until it's time for you to disappear again.

Calling it now.. Once Durant comes back this guy will have lots of threads trying to prove that Durant is better than LeBron.. Come playoff time, he will be no where to be found.
:oldlol: I remember last season when Durant was having his hot January dude was on here talking mad shit every day. Then as soon as Lebron went into KD's house and SONNED him like he always does Joyner's ass straight up vanished for an entire month. :roll:

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 12:42 AM
:oldlol: I remember last season when Durant was having his hot January dude was on here talking mad shit every day. Then as soon as Lebron went into KD's house and SONNED him like he always does Joyner's ass straight up vanished for an entire month. :roll:

Lmfao.. Joyner made threads like "We're witnessing one of the top 10 GOAT seasons by a perimeter player" or some shit like that.. Daily overreactions.

Beastmode88
11-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Lebron is a better scorer than Durant, he has to play pg/facilitate aswell, everybody knows if he was thinking about only scoring he would lead the league in ppg every time... just because he can do & does other things aswell offensively compared to kd doesnt mean he is a worse scorer.

So what you're saying is he could be but he's not. You link numbers all the time and they speak for themselves. Durant > Lebron in scoring.

Milbuck
11-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Thats from the same guy who argued KG on a good offensive team = less pressure, more responsibility of his back, would perform better... hypocrite.

MB: Last season also coinceded with KD's peak.. Durant entered another level in the regular season.
Weird how he peaked as soon as Westbrook was out, and then his level dropped when Westbrook was back.

It's almost as if OKC runs a garbage "system" that doesn't do anything whatsoever to maximize its players, forcing its two stars to carry the offensive load constantly, oftentimes getting in each others' ways.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Weird how he peaked as soon as Westbrook was out, and then his level dropped when Westbrook was back.

It's almost as if OKC runs a garbage "system" that doesn't do anything whatsoever to maximize its players, forcing its two stars to carry the offensive load constantly, oftentimes getting in each others' ways.

His level didn't drop at all... He had a hot streak in January, you aren't gonna average 35 PPG on insane efficiency all year long.

Averages drop when 2 Superstars play together... Less touches/shots. And of course OKC has a garbage coach and runs no real sets or plays.

Milbuck
11-16-2014, 12:58 AM
His level didn't drop at all... He had a hot streak in January, you aren't gonna average 35 PPG on insane efficiency all year long.

Averages drop when 2 Superstars play together... Less touches/shots. And of course OKC has a garbage coach and runs no real sets or plays.
Anyone who watched last season will tell you that there was a visible drop in level as the season progressed, when Westbrook came back. This tends to happen when, like you explicitly stated, you have an abysmal coach whose offensive philosophy is to get the ball to your two stars and get the **** out of the way. If anything, the pressure that type of incompetence puts on KD/WB, having to initiate/run EVERYTHING offensively, outweighs any advantage they get by having the other player next to them.

And it had nothing to do with touches/shots. Durant averaged 22.1 FGA with Westbrook out in that 2-3 month stretch where he was playing out of his mind...and in the stretch after Russ came back, he averaged 22.0 FGA.

Prometheus
11-16-2014, 01:16 AM
It almost gets on my nerves how Milbuck is right all the time.

Anyway, yes Durant is without question the best scorer in the league. LeBron has the best claim to the #2 spot. Groundbreaking shit.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Anyone who watched last season will tell you that there was a visible drop in level as the season progressed, when Westbrook came back. This tends to happen when, like you explicitly stated, you have an abysmal coach whose offensive philosophy is to get the ball to your two stars and get the **** out of the way. If anything, the pressure that type of incompetence puts on KD/WB, having to initiate/run EVERYTHING offensively, outweighs any advantage they get by having the other player next to them.

And it had nothing to do with touches/shots. Durant averaged 22.1 FGA with Westbrook out in that 2-3 month stretch where he was playing out of his mind...and in the stretch after Russ came back, he averaged 22.0 FGA.

He VISIBLY dropped in the playoffs...

But for the regular season, the hell are you expecting?

http://i.gyazo.com/9a0b00bc53d1d6c7e761c5b22ae4f682.png

Is KD supposed to do this for an entire year?

1: We can agree that OKC's horrible coach/system limits their superstars & team.

2: It really had nothing to do with Russ returning. If anything, that gives you more room against opposite defenses.

SamuraiSWISH
11-16-2014, 01:30 AM
I watched that game yeserday. Bron looked terrible. Slow. No more leaping ability. The ugliest aesthetic 40+ point game I've ever seen. He was just barreling into guys, and watched him countless times get away with hooks or elbows to his defender to clear them out because he couldn't beat them with legit foot speed.

Milbuck
11-16-2014, 01:34 AM
He VISIBLY dropped in the playoffs...

But for the regular season, the hell are you expecting?

Is KD supposed to do this for an entire year?
This dude was putting up 35/7/6/1/1 on 66% TS for literally just under a third of the season. That isn't some measly little 5 game stretch that means nothing...he sustained that level for a significant chunk of time.

1: We can agree that OKC's horrible coach/system limits their superstars & team.Then I don't even know what we're arguing here. Any possible advantage that Westbrook might give Durant..which again, I maintain isn't huge considering what KD showed he could do and sustain without Westbrook..is completely outweighed by how garbage a coach Brooks is and how worthless OKC's offense is structurally.

2: It really had nothing to do with Russ returning. If anything, that gives you more room against opposite defenses.
Now you're just repeating the same tired arguments. No dude, it really doesn't have the huge impact you're suggesting it does, not in the context of OKC's iso-reliant offense, with complete non-creators like Perkins, Collison, Sefolosha, Lamb, even Ibaka to an extent, etc. When Durant had complete control of the offense without Westbrook there to "give him more room against opposite defenses"...he completely raped the league.

mehyaM24
11-16-2014, 02:21 AM
I watched that game yeserday. Bron looked terrible. Slow. No more leaping ability. The ugliest aesthetic 40+ point game I've ever seen. He was just barreling into guys, and watched him countless times get away with hooks or elbows to his defender to clear them out because he couldn't beat them with legit foot speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgTYtB6qHQ

^^^^ his offensive highlights - step back and pull up jumpers, running floaters, power dunks and complete acceleration, blowing by his defenders around 1:08 and 1:21 for the easy finishes.

LMAO at "barreling into guys". idiot.

JohnFreeman
11-16-2014, 02:23 AM
Keep hating

Fudge
11-16-2014, 02:31 AM
I have him 3rd behind Durant and Curry.

JT123
11-16-2014, 02:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgTYtB6qHQ

^^^^ his offensive highlights - step back and pull up jumpers, running floaters, power dunks and complete acceleration, blowing by his defenders around 1:08 and 1:21 for the easy finishes.

LMAO at "barreling into guys". idiot.
Swish, like most Jordan stans, is very insecure about Lebron. Can we really blame him though? :D

Cocaine80s
11-16-2014, 02:38 AM
It almost gets on my nerves how Milbuck is right all the time.

agreed.

dude is too smart to be on ish

coin24
11-16-2014, 03:09 AM
Kobe
Melo
KD
Kyrie (when brans not hogging and crying to lestatpad)

JohnFreeman
11-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Kobe
Melo
KD
Kyrie (when brans not hogging and crying to lestatpad)
1-14

bdreason
11-16-2014, 03:21 AM
This has been a given for the last few years. LeBron is still the better offensive player though.

Young X
11-16-2014, 03:24 AM
I don't see how this is even a debate. Lebron is one of the best scorers ever.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-16-2014, 03:27 AM
Not sure what you were watching, dude, but Bron looked pretty spry the other night. Had possessions where he looked completely dominant too.

Deltron3030
11-16-2014, 04:08 AM
Curry better scorer. Lebrun is the best player though.

navy
11-16-2014, 04:16 AM
Curry better scorer.
:biggums:

Dave3
11-16-2014, 04:17 AM
Are you trying to become 3ball? Because this is how you become 3ball...

Le Shaqtus
11-16-2014, 04:28 AM
Melo
LeBron
Durant

:roll:

chris02jammers
11-16-2014, 05:05 AM
Melo
LeBron
Durant
Melo are you kidding me :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ? look who is leading the league in scoring???

Keno
11-16-2014, 05:39 AM

:facepalm durant 73 games played, lebron has 158 games played. lebron averaged 29.1 through 73 games, more than durant.

Trollsmasher
11-16-2014, 06:11 AM
Durant's game always gets exposed in the playoffs (mainly his total lack of clutch gene). I would rather have Lebron as a scorer.

dunksby
11-16-2014, 06:47 AM
You know you are a stan when you can't give credit to any other player other than your idol no matter what.

SamuraiSWISH
11-16-2014, 07:45 AM
Not sure what you were watching, dude, but Bron looked pretty spry the other night. Had possessions where he looked completely dominant too.
No he didn't. Just watch his drives to the basket against Jeff Green towards the end of the a game. Use a keen eye, and pay attention to details. He hooks him, and elbows the guy repeatedly to free himself because he couldn't do it with foot speed.

Note to all over sensitive LeBron stans. I'm not hating ... just commenting on what I'm seeing.

It doesn't negate the impressive box score stats. Or even the fact he took over and made some timely baskets to win the game for Cleveland.

Physically he looks poor. And it was a very ugly 40 point game. Barreling through dudes with elbows and ref blind eye is not sexy. His easiest, smoothest buckets were transition dunks. Which btw he didn't get near the the elevation he used to get.

He's wearing these compression bands below both of his knees too.

lilteapot
11-16-2014, 08:04 AM
No he didn't. Just watch his drives to the basket against Jeff Green towards the end of the a game. Use a keen eye, and pay attention to details. He hooks him, and elbows the guy repeatedly to free himself because he couldn't do it with foot speed.

Note to all over sensitive LeBron stans. I'm not hating ... just commenting on what I'm seeing.

It doesn't negate the impressive box score stats. Or even the fact he took over and made some timely baskets to win the game for Cleveland.

Physically he looks poor. And it was a very ugly 40 point game. Barreling through dudes with elbows and ref blind eye is not sexy. His easiest, smoothest buckets were transition dunks. Which btw he didn't get near the the elevation he used to get.

1. you're wrong
2. watch last nights game

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 10:21 AM

LeBron absolutely scored at will... Drove to the basket whenever he wanted and got the look and bucket, or pulled up for a jumpshot that is as good as ever and absolutely elite... That's an odd decline.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 10:23 AM

You do know that the Celtics game isn't the last game he played in, right?

And honestly, even if you think it was, 41 points on 59% = "Looked terrible".... Pretty high standarts I guess.

nba_55
11-16-2014, 10:47 AM
agreed.

dude is too smart to be on ish

If he was actually smart, he wouldn't spend his life on ISH, post 30 times a day.

Hoopz2332
11-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Physically he looks poor.

Outside of his leaping he looks great from a quickness, fluidity and speed POV.

And it was a very ugly 40 point game. Barreling through dudes with elbows and ref blind eye is not sexy. His easiest, smoothest buckets were transition dunks. Which btw he didn't get near the the elevation he used to get.

He only dunked like 2 times out of his 40 points:coleman:

Lebron must really be on a other level after his supposed his lack of athleticism and downfall

http://i.imgur.com/5uH53FW.png

imgaine what he would do with his true/normal athleticism just from last season alone:eek: :bowdown:

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/4mTRn.gif

http://fat.gfycat.com/UnhappyEvilBighorn.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/WellwornDopeyHarpyeagle.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/RepentantBogusCougar.gif

LBJ 23
11-16-2014, 02:07 PM
SamuraiSwish is not hating at all, he's just saying what he sees in details when watching Lebron. And I agree with him to a degree, especially his jumping ability looks pretty weak right now. Look at this dunk, he didn't even jump from that far out and look how low he was even though he was going full speed. If you saw the slow-mo replay you could see that he actually barely made that dunk since the ball rubbed the front rim pretty hard.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-16-2014/tnU0hO.gif (http://www.makeagif.com/tnU0hO)

RRR3
11-16-2014, 03:22 PM
decline in athleticism or not, dude is averaging 28 PPG on 49/42/80. LeBron is one of the best scorers in NBA history, though Durant is a better pure scorer for sure. However, I might argue LeBron is more explosive- he's the only active player outside of Kobe (who has 24 50 point games) with 10 or more 50 point games (LeBron has 10). Next closest player has around 3 IIRC

Heavincent
11-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Melo is the best scorer...

Even though he's never averaged 30 PPG, isn't a great finisher at the rim, not an elite 3 pt shooter, and was never that effective in the playoffs.

RRR3
11-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Even though he's never averaged 30 PPG, isn't a great finisher at the rim, not an elite 3 pt shooter, and was never that effective in the playoffs.
Melo clearly isn't the best or 2nd best scorer but he has been pretty great at 3s last few years.

pastis
11-16-2014, 03:45 PM
lebron strenght is that he is not only a fvcking good scorer, but also gives many assists and grabs also many rebs. he is just all around good.

and he is also a threat from down town.

he is a complete player. no doubt.

saying this, i have to admit that lebron is getting slower and that his defense is getting worse....

but who will be his antagonist for the mvp race? durant is out`...

so another mvp lock for king james

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 03:46 PM
lebron strenght is that he is not only a fvcking good scorer, but also gives many assists and grabs also many rebs. he is just all around good.

saying this, i have to admit that lebron is getting slower and that his defense is getting worse....

damn bro.. I swear you used to hate on him pretty hard :lol :cheers:

pastis
11-16-2014, 03:48 PM
damn bro.. I swear you used to hate on him pretty hard :lol :cheers:

i used to hate duncan as well. was trolling.

RRR3
11-16-2014, 03:49 PM

LeBron is likely starting to decline but he's still fantastic. Durant will likely be the best player from on (Anthony Davis could challenge him).
As for the MVP race, Dwight, CP3, AD, Curry, amongst others could all feasibly win this year.

MellowYellow
11-16-2014, 03:50 PM

He is an elite 3 pt shooter, and has been effective in the playoffs when surrounded by any kind of decent talent.

pastis
11-16-2014, 03:53 PM
LeBron is likely starting to decline but he's still fantastic. Durant will likely be the best player from on (Anthony Davis could challenge him).
As for the MVP race, Dwight, CP3, AD, Curry, amongst others could all feasibly win this year.

CP3? i really dont get what is so fantastic about this guy. for me he has the lowest chance to win MVP. i would take DIRK over CP3 right now

AD? he has to show that he can carry his franchise to at least top 4 in the WC. will be difficult

Inferno
11-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Agreed

Le Shaqtus
11-16-2014, 04:36 PM
He is an elite 3 pt shooter, and has been effective in the playoffs when surrounded by any kind of decent talent.

Effective at being booted out of the first round.