PDA

View Full Version : Any half decent SG would average 25 ppg if he's allowed to jack up 25 shots a game

Human Error
11-16-2014, 09:19 AM
His blind fanboys and the idiotic LA media created this monster that can do no wrong.

pastis
11-16-2014, 09:23 AM
thats what i dont like about kobe stans: never accepting when their dream-boy is playing crap.

for example if kobe would shot 1-14 but would gave 3 ass and 1 steal, they would say how fvcking great of a passer he is.
everyone has strenghts and weaknesses. you have to admit it. Dirk has weaknesses, kobe has some, everyone. you just have to accept it. not that difficult

LEFT4DEAD
11-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Kobe is top 5 , on the most overrated players of all time list. Fact!

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes.

Anyone who's denying this lets his love/emotion for one player cloud his judgement.

iamgine
11-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Stop the stupid hatred. Kobe is single handedly holding up this the Lakers team from falling apart. (attendance wise)

NLZ
11-16-2014, 10:46 AM
I fail to see what this current 37 year old coming off injury version of Kobe has to do with the 5x Champion Kobe? No comparison with his past self.. I expected Kobe to come back abd average like 15 PPG on 40%.. 25 PPG on lesser % doesn't surprise me given his team is realllllllly bad.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Stop the stupid hatred. Kobe is single handedly holding up this the Lakers team from falling apart. (attendance wise)

:roll: Was gonna say :oldlol:

LAZERUSS
11-16-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm not going to try and defend his poor shooting here, but if Kobe doesn't take 25 shots per game for this rancid team, who does?

KobesFinger
11-16-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm not going to try and defend his poor shooting here, but if Kobe doesn't take 25 shots per game for this rancid team, who does?

Obviously Kobe is holding Wesley Johnson back from reaching his HOF potential

3peated
11-16-2014, 11:05 AM
most of the guys on that team are lame. they just look to get him the ball anyway.

Asukal
11-16-2014, 11:13 AM
I don't have a problem if Kobe takes 25 shots as long as it is within the flow of the offense. I hate it when he takes the ball up court then proceeds to fire at will while not allowing the ball to move around first. That kind of sh!t will take anyone off their game. His team mates are bad but kobe does nothing to help his team get going. :facepalm

LEFT4DEAD
11-16-2014, 11:33 AM
I fail to see what this current 37 year old coming off injury version of Kobe has to do with the 5x Champion Kobe? No comparison with his past self.. I expected Kobe to come back abd average like 15 PPG on 40%.. 25 PPG on lesser % doesn't surprise me given his team is realllllllly bad.
No dude. I dont know if any serious NBA fan is counting those 3 rings as a Shaq's sidekick when comparing Kobe with other all time greats. Its even questionable if he was the most valuable player in other two runs.

Ranking Kobe from 9-15 on all time list is ok with me. But when I see his stans ranking him better than Shaq or Duncan, or even top 5 player, than there is no question that he is one of the most overrated.

LAZERUSS
11-17-2014, 12:36 AM
How many NBA players in the history of the game have hung 44 points in 31 minutes?

If just anyone could do it, this would be common-place.

Kvnzhangyay
11-17-2014, 12:37 AM
How many NBA players in the history of the game have hung 44 points in 31 minutes?

Does anyone have the numbers on kobe's usg rate? just interested to see, because when I watched kobe literally shot at least 70% of the posessions

LAZERUSS
11-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Does anyone have the numbers on kobe's usg rate? just interested to see, because when I watched kobe literally shot at least 70% of the posessions

The game would be closer if he had taken 100% of them.

strifed169
11-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Kobe could have ended his career with grace but instead chose to **** it all up and throw up bricks at his team's expense, talk about being a team cancer?

Kvnzhangyay
11-17-2014, 12:39 AM
The game would be closer if he had taken 100% of them.

So do you have the numbers? Scott's riding Kobe too damn much @ his age

LAZERUSS
11-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Kobe could have ended his career with grace but instead chose to **** it all up and throw up bricks at his team's expense, talk about being a team cancer?

Yep...they would be routing the Warriors tonight without Kobe...

ImKobe
11-17-2014, 12:40 AM

oh yes, retiring after breaking your knee is a nicer way to go...

Chrono90
11-17-2014, 12:53 AM
Any half decent SG at Kobe's age with his miles on the knees while coming back from two potential career ending injuries would not get 25 points on any night. Period.

Sounds like a hate thread more than a logical one. And yes he had a horrible game. Yes his shooting percentage is bad this year. But no to your thread title.

oh the horror
11-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Any half decent SG at Kobe's age with his miles on the knees while coming back from two potential career ending injuries would not get 25 points on any night. Period.

Sounds like a hate thread more than a logical one. And yes he had a horrible game. Yes his shooting percentage is bad this year. But no to your thread title.

This.

I'm not one for Kobe throwing up so many shots but the argument of "any decent SG that chucks 20+ shots could average as much as Kobe" is an elementary school argument. Plain and simple.

ILLsmak
11-17-2014, 01:10 AM
yea his FG% is too low. It's on point in the game he got 44, tho.

If he can shoot around 44% and get 25 for the year, no matter what, that's amazing. If he ends up shooting 37% or whatever that's sad.

Gotta give him credit for being able to get 40, though. The Lakers are really bad. I saw some of them and was like lol. I'm actually cheering for Kobe a bit since he's broken down.

-Smak

absalom
11-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Nick Young must have been salivating in case Kobe goes down. 40 shots baby. :lol

kshutts1
11-17-2014, 10:19 AM
I don't think he's that high. I think Duncan (gets all the credit), Rodman (could not shut down Shaq and Jordan), Jordan are all more over-rated than Kobe.

Kobe has a shot at spots 4 and 5, though, but they're more likely filled by someone like Reggie, Nique, Doc... basically anyone that's transcendent/historically memorable in one facet, while still being a great player.

kentatm
11-17-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't think he's that high. I think Duncan (gets all the credit), Rodman (could not shut down Shaq and Jordan), Jordan are all more over-rated than Kobe.

Kobe has a shot at spots 4 and 5, though, but they're more likely filled by someone like Reggie, Nique, Doc... basically anyone that's transcendent/historically memorable in one facet, while still being a great player.

:wtf: :biggums:

How old are you if you think Rodman should have been covering and shutting down MJ and Shaq on the reg? Dude was a 6'7 PF not a swing man or big bodied C.

ImKobe
11-17-2014, 10:45 AM
The thread title is so ridiculous... What is a half-decent SG? Most guards in this league can't create their own shot. There's only a handful of SGs that could play the Kobe role consistently: Harden, Wade (when healthy), George....

Those 3 can all create their own shot on a consistent basis and score in an array of ways + get to the line at a decent rate. You think guys that rely on others to set them up will even get 25+ opportunities a game to score? How many of these guards that shoot decently or hit 3s at a nice clip create those shots for themselves? Not many at all. You put them in a garbage system on a bad team, where they basically are the offense, they're not going to produce.

Kobe's averaging 27 ppg while taking contested jumper after contested jumper. People should appreciate the amount of work he's put in and continues to put in at the age of 36 with limited athleticism.

iamgine
11-17-2014, 11:43 AM
The thread title is so ridiculous... What is a half-decent SG? Most guards in this league can't create their own shot. There's only a handful of SGs that could play the Kobe role consistently: Harden, Wade (when healthy), George....

Those 3 can all create their own shot on a consistent basis and score in an array of ways + get to the line at a decent rate. You think guys that rely on others to set them up will even get 25+ opportunities a game to score? How many of these guards that shoot decently or hit 3s at a nice clip create those shots for themselves? Not many at all. You put them in a garbage system on a bad team, where they basically are the offense, they're not going to produce.

Kobe's averaging 27 ppg while taking contested jumper after contested jumper. People should appreciate the amount of work he's put in and continues to put in at the age of 36 with limited athleticism.
Nah off the top of my head Derozan, Joe Johnson, Manu, Tyreke Evans, Jamal Crawford can all do it pretty easily if they got the green light.

The Macho Man
11-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Itt

Getting off 25 shots a game in the nba is easy and anyone can do it

chris02jammers
11-17-2014, 12:20 PM
His blind fanboys and the idiotic LA media created this monster that can do no wrong.
leBron shooting 25 FGA will be averaging 30 - 33ppg

midatlantic09
11-17-2014, 01:44 PM

False. Most NBA two guards can create their own shot on a consistent basis. That's how virtually all of them got to NBA in the first place.

stanlove1111
11-17-2014, 02:16 PM

You just don't understand basketball and I am afraid you never will. All you know is stats and this post shows that again.

Its very rare for a player to not play within the flow of the game and just look for his own point totals. That's what Kobe did when he scored 44 points in 31 minutes. So saying the fact that its not common place is proof that its hard to do makes no sense.

How did Thompson and Gervin do the one game in their careers they went for high point totals and didn't play within the natural flow of the game?

04mzwach
11-17-2014, 02:22 PM
It's sad that this topic is as popular as it is. Curry got 30 points and 15 assists in 30 minutes. That's a lot more newsworthy than Kobe shooting like shit. He's been doing it for years. Curry meanwhile is looking like the best PG in the league and Klay Thompson is ahead of him in the MVP ladder? Haa!

PsychoBe
11-17-2014, 02:51 PM
False. Most NBA two guards can create their own shot on a consistent basis. That's how virtually all of them got to NBA in the first place.

ridiculous. against high school and college scrubs but not no where near the level of competition kobe has had to face since he was around 18 years of age.

there is literally no other sg in the league who, by the time they reach his age, will even be able to get that many shots up, let alone score as much as him too.

Budadiiii
11-17-2014, 02:59 PM
It's sad that this topic is as popular as it is. Curry got 30 points and 15 assists in 30 minutes. That's a lot more newsworthy than Kobe shooting like shit. He's been doing it for years. Curry meanwhile is looking like the best PG in the league and Klay Thompson is ahead of him in the MVP ladder? Haa!
Well he's not the best PG in the league and Klay himself has a case for best at his position, so what is your point?

avonbarksdale
11-17-2014, 03:16 PM
clearly not considering there are plenty of awful teams every year with no one putting up scoring numbers like kobe

why isnt wiggins putting up 25? that team is bad im sure the coach wouldnt mind his 1st overall pick being allowed to develop

no one on philly is scoring 30 a game

jr smith is on a team as bad as the lakers and while i understand he plays with melo the guy still isnt ever scoring 30 like kobe does

denver is 2-7 and i dont see afflalo averaging 25

derozan for years was on an awful raptors team never scored 25

russwest0
11-17-2014, 03:36 PM

sounds like James Harden to me.

9erempiree
11-17-2014, 03:40 PM
clearly not considering there are plenty of awful teams every year with no one putting up scoring numbers like kobe

why isnt wiggins putting up 25? that team is bad im sure the coach wouldnt mind his 1st overall pick being allowed to develop

jr smith is on a team as bad as the lakers and while i understand he plays with melo the guy still isnt ever scoring 30 like kobe does

One of the best posters on this site. Very good understanding and logic.

oh the horror
11-17-2014, 04:14 PM

Because it's a bullshit argument that's why.

It's not easy to just walk out there in the NBA and drop points. Hell, being able to create space to even get a shot off to average those numbers is hard.

There's a reason why not everyone can make the pros.

midatlantic09
11-17-2014, 08:08 PM
ridiculous. against high school and college scrubs but not no where near the level of competition kobe has had to face since he was around 18 years of age.

there is literally no other sg in the league who, by the time they reach his age, will even be able to get that many shots up, let alone score as much as him too.

The comment I responded to was not age-related. It was simply whether or not most two guards can create their own shot. I stand by my comment when I say that most NBA two guards (of any age) can create their own shot. The main difference is that most NBA two guards 1) don't have the green light, 2) don't get to take 25+ shots per game, and 3) don't play 35-40 minutes per game.

3ball
11-17-2014, 08:38 PM
people don't realize how much ability it takes to get up 25 shots per game.

most guys, if you told them to go shoot 25 times, would look COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS...

they would be taking wild shots to get to 25 and it would look farcical and staged.

kobe can get up 25 shots without it looking completely ridiculous... his ability allows him to do that..

LAZERUSS
11-17-2014, 11:18 PM
people don't realize how much ability it takes to get up 25 shots per game.

most guys, if you told them to go shoot 25 times, would look COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS...

they would be taking wild shots to get to 25 and it would look farcical and staged.

kobe can get up 25 shots without it looking completely ridiculous... his ability allows him to do that..

This.

If Tyson Chandler, or DeAndre Jordan were asked to take 25 shots per game, their efficiency would nose-dive.

Just watch footage of a prime Kobe. Defenses were stacked to stop him. I recall his '08 series against the Spurs. He just shredded Bruce Bowen, and then he would challenge Duncan at the rim, too.

Ignorant fans honestly believe that the NBA would not adjust for a true scoring threat.

I have said it before, but almost everyone here has played organized ball at at least some level. Now, honestly ask yourself, how many 30-40-50 point games did you have?

buddha
11-17-2014, 11:20 PM
i highly doubt Danny Green would average anywhere near 25ppg. probably like 18

LAZERUSS
11-17-2014, 11:28 PM
You just don't understand basketball and I am afraid you never will. All you know is stats and this post shows that again.

Its very rare for a player to not play within the flow of the game and just look for his own point totals. That's what Kobe did when he scored 44 points in 31 minutes. So saying the fact that its not common place is proof that its hard to do makes no sense.

How did Thompson and Gervin do the one game in their careers they went for high point totals and didn't play within the natural flow of the game?

First of all, prime Thompson and Gervin were GREAT scorers. But, their highest scoring games came in their last games of the season, and against opponents who had no interest in the game.

BTW, Thompson shot 28-38 from the field, which was probably a career high, and Gervin only shot 23-49.

David Robinson scored 71 points in a game, too...on 26-41 from the floor. Can you name the center who "guarded" him in that game? No, you can't...because they didn't have one.

Same with Shaq's 61 point game. It was a complete joke. He played 45 minutes in a blowout win, against a 12-47 Clippers team that had "the bust" Olawakandi "defend" him for a few minutes, then a group of PF's that I could have scored 20 points on.

The reality was, if these guys were REALLY capable of career high games on a nightly basis, they most certainly would have been doing them.

When they actually faced defenders, and defenses, that were designed to stop them, they did not put up historic games. Robinson struggled in the post-season. Only a prime Shaq, against Mutombo, had a high scoring post-season series against a quality team and defense. He never came close to that against the Robinson-led Spurs from '99 thru '02. And his other high-scoring Finals were against Smits and McCullough...two creampuffs.

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-17-2014, 11:30 PM

You're the undisputed GOAT on the f*ggot list though

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-17-2014, 11:32 PM
People saying that anybody could average 25ppg given enough shots like there aren't bad offensive teams in the league. Most guys who don't shoot a lot aren't doing it because their being nice or unselfish, it's that their coach knows that they aren't capable of being a go-to scorer.

I can't believe this is a real discussion on here.

CelticBaller
11-17-2014, 11:34 PM
People saying that anybody could average 25ppg given enough shots like there aren't bad offensive teams in the league. Most guys who don't shoot a lot aren't doing it because their being nice or unselfish, it's that their coach knows that they aren't capable of being a go-to scorer.

So what you're saying is...that Byron Scott isn't a competent coach?

LAZERUSS
11-17-2014, 11:35 PM

Excellent.

Steve Kerr may very well have been the best pure shooter in NBA history...which was fine when he was open. However, put a defender on him, and he couldn't get a shot off.

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-17-2014, 11:36 PM
So what you're saying is...that Byron Scott isn't a competent coach?

Not the right coach for this team, although none would be really. It's just a mismash of unwanted players. None of them compliment each other on either side of the ball.

CelticBaller
11-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Excellent.

Steve Kerr may very well have been the best pure shooter in NBA history...which was fine when he was open. However, put a defender on him, and he couldn't get a shot off.
Trolling aside, kobe is shooting below 40%. I know he has a lot of clout in the organization but you can't give him a greenlight to shoot low % shots when you know you can't afford them. Simple as that.

LAZERUSS
11-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Trolling aside, kobe is shooting below 40%. I know he has a lot of clout in the organization but you can't give him a greenlight to shoot low % shots when you know you can't afford them. Simple as that.

I am not really defending Kobe's shooting here. The man is 36 years old, and playing on surgically repaired legs and ankles. Having said that, though, who else can shoot on this Laker team?

tpols
11-17-2014, 11:51 PM
I am not really defending Kobe's shooting here. The man is 36 years old, and playing on surgically repaired legs and ankles. Having said that, though, who else can shoot on this Laker team?

Kobe and Lin could be much more dangerous if Kobe would focus energy on developing a relationship with him.. Instead of disregarding him as just another scrub.

But Wes booze and Hill are too inept offensively that it probably wouldn't matter anyway.

Kobes in a lose lose.. If he sits back and facilitates he's a scrub for being sub, 20ppg scorer. If he shoots too much he's a chucker.

yeaaaman
11-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Guys in the top 40 in scoring that are shooting less than 41.5%

Kobe Bryant - 37.7%
James Harden - 38.3%
Demar Derozan - 41.3%
Chris Bosh - 41.3%
Jamal Crawford - 39.4%
Kevin Love - 37.7%

He's not alone. James Harden should be more shocking/cause for concern.

oh the horror
11-18-2014, 01:00 AM

Kobe Bryant - 37.7%
James Harden - 38.3%
Demar Derozan - 41.3%
Chris Bosh - 41.3%
Jamal Crawford - 39.4%
Kevin Love - 37.7%

Honestly I'm suprised by a lot of them there.

SugarHill
11-18-2014, 01:08 AM
Chris Bosh fell all the way off

and lol @ Love

tpols
11-18-2014, 01:14 AM
Chris Bosh fell all the way off

and lol @ Love
Loves been hitting half twos half threes.. He's at 54TS..not that bad for a guy taking as much spot up threes as anybody in the league.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-18-2014, 01:25 AM

come suck my c0ck or send ur mutha to do that

kshutts1
11-18-2014, 07:28 PM
:wtf: :biggums:

How old are you if you think Rodman should have been covering and shutting down MJ and Shaq on the reg? Dude was a 6'7 PF not a swing man or big bodied C.
That was exactly my point? People, now, act like he could have. Hence overrated.

stanlove1111
11-18-2014, 07:34 PM

Kobe Bryant - 37.7%
James Harden - 38.3%
Demar Derozan - 41.3%
Chris Bosh - 41.3%
Jamal Crawford - 39.4%
Kevin Love - 37.7%

This is meaningless. Why do you guys obsese with stats.

The point is Kobe is a ball stopper who destroys any flow in the offense for his teammates..I don't care what percent he is shooting. I don't see that in anyone else..Are you denying this?

Kobe has done this for years..

stanlove1111
11-18-2014, 07:35 PM

Here we go with the surgically repaired thing again..Did you notice the word REPAIRED in there..he is obviously fine physically...

You pull this with Wilt all the time also...

Smoke117
11-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Kobe and Lin could be much more dangerous if Kobe would focus energy on developing a relationship with him.. Instead of disregarding him as just another scrub.

But Wes booze and Hill are too inept offensively that it probably wouldn't matter anyway.

Kobes in a lose lose.. If he sits back and facilitates he's a scrub for being sub, 20ppg scorer. If he shoots too much he's a chucker.

Not really. If he actually dialed it down and concentrated more on a all around game I would respect him a lot more this season. Maybe try and play a little defense and not take 30 shots a night.

K Xerxes
11-18-2014, 07:52 PM

Distributing shots will lead to a better long term outcome than a 19th year veteran chucking up a large majority of the shots as the offense is more unpredictable. That's why teams play run sets and don't iso all the time even if one player is better. Clearly Kobe putting up 25+ppg on less than 40% isn't working out...