PDA

View Full Version : What does Jeremy Lin need to return to Linsanity?

navy
11-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Mike Dantoni?
No Kobe/Carmelo/Harden?
Three point shooters?

What do you think?

Bandito
11-16-2014, 04:57 PM
A miracle and heart

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Dantonis system
look what it did for an above average PG in Nash. Fooled ppl to think he was an MVP caliber player

mehyaM24
11-16-2014, 05:01 PM
not be completely and ordinary average to begin with?

ill ask again.. why do people care so much for a mediocre pointguard? :facepalm

Taller than CP3
11-16-2014, 05:02 PM
too much jerking off on the road, he needs to go on no fap.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM
not be completely and ordinary average to begin with?

ill ask again.. why do people care so much for a mediocre pointguard? :facepalm
if he wasnt asian no one would care about dude
lets be real

pastis
11-16-2014, 05:05 PM
funny thing about lin is, that KOBE said, after lins 38 point game against lakers, that LIN has talent and skill, and that his skill doesnt come out of nowhere, it was there the whole time, just went unnoticed :yaohappy:

fpliii
11-16-2014, 05:07 PM
He needs the league to be caught off guard again.

Kvnzhangyay
11-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Confidence and thats really it tbh. Too bad he never is confident

Pointguard
11-16-2014, 05:26 PM
What does he need? Well being that he's in a black hole system maybe an alternate universe where Kobe passes and make shots.

oarabbus
11-16-2014, 05:33 PM
lets be real

Maybe not, but is it not noteworthy to be the first Asian-American player in one of the big 3 leagues? He's the first homegrown Asian American to make the NFL, MLB, or NBA. Surely the marketing aspect factors into his contract. What are GMs supposed to say "He's only selling shit loads of jerseys because he's Asian, he's won't make us money based on talent, just his marketability, therefore we don't want him on our team" :rolleyes: :facepalm

If he wasn't asian no one would care about him perhaps, but he'd still be an NBA player. People claiming he's ONLY in the NBA because he's Asian don't know basketball, or are letting something cloud their judgement. At WORST he is a serviceable to good bench player.

edit: He will never return to 24/10 Linsanity. But If he plays for a coach who runs a PG-centric system, not just D'antoni, he will return to near Linsanity status

andremiller07
11-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Go to the CBA

Cavalier
11-16-2014, 05:35 PM
A time machine.

Cocaine80s
11-16-2014, 06:09 PM
He needs to stop playing like hes asian

strifed169
11-16-2014, 06:29 PM
He needs to be given time on the court without a ballhogging iso player, simple as that, Lin averaged like 25ppg whenever Harden was out

JohnMax
11-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Go back to the Minor Leagues aka Eastern Conference

no pun intended
11-16-2014, 06:39 PM
He needs Jesus.

TheBigVeto
11-16-2014, 07:07 PM
He needs to be given time on the court without a ballhogging iso player, simple as that, Lin averaged like 25ppg whenever Harden was out

Pretty much this.

InfiniteBaskets
11-16-2014, 07:39 PM
lets be real

Then why didn't anyone care the first season of a half of his tenure in the league? Now his being asian helps boost his following, but it's initially more of his performance during Linsanity.

FKAri
11-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Same thing Lebron needs to return to being the best player in the world...marketing and media hype.

Kidbasketball20
11-16-2014, 08:24 PM
1. The other top player on the team (ie. Harden, Melo, Kobe) cannot be ball dominant.

2. A stud PF/C who doesn't miss easy shots and specializes in the pick n roll.

3. Spot up shooters around the perimeter (Steve Novak, Korver types)

4. A coaching staff with complete 100% trust in his abilities.

coin24
11-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Go back to NY:lol

Trade Nash and him for Amare?

Mr. Jabbar
11-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Who cares, he has the 2nd most fun in the nba

KungFuJoe
11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't get the Lin hate. I just don't.

He's the only asian in the NBA currently (unless there's some 7+ foot Chinese guy riding the bench somewhere I don't know about) and the only Asian in how long to play a guard position.

As a half asian myself, I think Lin is great for basketball and all fans should support him. The more exposure for the NBA in all races and cultures the better for the league and fans.

Not taking anything away from Yao, who was highly skilled, but most of these Asian pro ballers are 7+ feet tall with so so skills and the average kid doesn't really look up to them. Lin is approachable to these kids and he's a positive influence.

He's a real life feel good story that we all had the privilege of experiencing. So maybe he never becomes a top pg in the league. He still belongs.

inclinerator
11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
he needs god to be real, then maybe his prayers will be answered

oarabbus
11-16-2014, 08:45 PM

:oldlol:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-16-2014, 08:45 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/014/711/1380697092809.jpg

chocolatethunder
11-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Maybe not, but is it not noteworthy to be the first Asian-American player in one of the big 3 leagues? He's the first homegrown Asian American to make the NFL, MLB, or NBA. Surely the marketing aspect factors into his contract. What are GMs supposed to say "He's only selling shit loads of jerseys because he's Asian, he's won't make us money based on talent, just his marketability, therefore we don't want him on our team" :rolleyes: :facepalm

If he wasn't asian no one would care about him perhaps, but he'd still be an NBA player. People claiming he's ONLY in the NBA because he's Asian don't know basketball, or are letting something cloud their judgement. At WORST he is a serviceable to good bench player.

edit: He will never return to 24/10 Linsanity. But If he plays for a coach who runs a PG-centric system, not just D'antoni, he will return to near Linsanity status
Nah. Dat Nguyen was in the NFL and I'm sure there are others. Rex Walters was in the NBA also.

tgan3
11-16-2014, 10:24 PM
He needs to go to super saiyan mode

Lebron23
11-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Mike D'Antoni

chocolatethunder
11-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I don't get the Lin hate. I just don't.

He's the only asian in the NBA currently (unless there's some 7+ foot Chinese guy riding the bench somewhere I don't know about) and the only Asian in how long to play a guard position.

As a half asian myself, I think Lin is great for basketball and all fans should support him. The more exposure for the NBA in all races and cultures the better for the league and fans.

Not taking anything away from Yao, who was highly skilled, but most of these Asian pro ballers are 7+ feet tall with so so skills and the average kid doesn't really look up to them. Lin is approachable to these kids and he's a positive influence.

He's a real life feel good story that we all had the privilege of experiencing. So maybe he never becomes a top pg in the league. He still belongs.
He's a guy who had a stretch of good games three years ago. That was an awesome story and really good for the league and basketball in general. The problem was that when he came back down to earth it was revealed that he's just barely an average bench player. All of the hate and backlash came from people mistakenly thinking that that small sample size of games were a real representation of his basketball value. Houston signed him for their fa base not for basketball reasons and McHale wasn't going for that. I have no problems with Lin but I wouldnt take him on my team at any salary if I were a GM. He's not a bad guy but he's just not that good. It's nothing personal and if he were skilled then I would think he was good. I know he works hard and I appreciate that but so do lots of other players who aren't that good. He still is missing a lot from his game. I haven't really seen him improve on simple things like taking care of the ball, or slowing down and making better decisions or becoming a better shooter and passer. The hate just comes from the overreaction of Asian American fans about this guy calling him "elite" and "an all star" etc. I can also appreciate that it made them feel good and validated as athletes. Like when Liu Xiang won the gold in hurdles and he himself said something to the effect that this would hopefully help make Asians believe that they can be good athletes. The problem w Lin is that it went way too far just so overboard it was ridiculous.

penny4president
11-17-2014, 12:54 PM
the 7 dragon balls :lol

supercybergeek
11-17-2014, 01:21 PM
He needs to stop playing like hes asian

:cheers:

selrahc
11-17-2014, 01:28 PM
not possible. a japanese man like lin has small eyese which gives them poor court vision and so he struggles making the right plays

04mzwach
11-17-2014, 01:43 PM
He needs Kobe to start passing. Kobe should draw some attention to get guys open and then pass it. Lin would flourish with a player like Rubio running two point guards, then he'd return to form as a backup to Rubio. Come to Minnesota Lin. We're short on point guards.

GOBB
11-17-2014, 02:13 PM
He's a guy who had a stretch of good games three years ago. That was an awesome story and really good for the league and basketball in general. The problem was that when he came back down to earth it was revealed that he's just barely an average bench player. All of the hate and backlash came from people mistakenly thinking that that small sample size of games were a real representation of his basketball value. Houston signed him for their fa base not for basketball reasons and McHale wasn't going for that. I have no problems with Lin but I wouldnt take him on my team at any salary if I were a GM. He's not a bad guy but he's just not that good. It's nothing personal and if he were skilled then I would think he was good. I know he works hard and I appreciate that but so do lots of other players who aren't that good. He still is missing a lot from his game. I haven't really seen him improve on simple things like taking care of the ball, or slowing down and making better decisions or becoming a better shooter and passer. The hate just comes from the overreaction of Asian American fans about this guy calling him "elite" and "an all star" etc. I can also appreciate that it made them feel good and validated as athletes. Like when Liu Xiang won the gold in hurdles and he himself said something to the effect that this would hopefully help make Asians believe that they can be good athletes. The problem w Lin is that it went way too far just so overboard it was ridiculous.

People here swore he was elite. I mean check out his stats (handful of games), elite production. So he has to be an elite player right? Just got to be. :(

chocolatethunder
11-17-2014, 04:18 PM
People here swore he was elite. I mean check out his stats (handful of games), elite production. So he has to be an elite player right? Just got to be. :(
hall of famer no doubt

GMAC
11-17-2014, 04:33 PM

I think there are definitely flashes of brilliance that show he is capable of elite-level production. He tends to perform on that level when he's handed the reins of a team (i.e. see NYK days with Melo injured, Rockets when Harden was out).

Because his play is so predicated upon ball movement and teamwork, he's much more of a systems-player who can be elite given the right conditions. That's what makes it so difficult to find a balance with ball dominant SGs and SFs for Lin.

KungFuJoe
11-17-2014, 05:03 PM
WHO said Lin was elite? WHO? I wanna see some names because no one was saying that (except for trolls or hardcore LOFs and they're all but gone now).

He's averages double figure scoring in every season he's had significant minutes, including this season so far.

That's not scrub production. He is what he is...somewhere between a legit starter and bench player. Still better than 99.999999% of the ****ing planet.

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 05:33 PM
WHO said Lin was elite? WHO? I wanna see some names because no one was saying that (except for trolls or hardcore LOFs and they're all but gone now).

He's averages double figure scoring in every season he's had significant minutes, including this season so far.

That's not scrub production. He is what he is...somewhere between a legit starter and bench player. Still better than 99.999999% of the ****ing planet.

Is James Harden still preventing Lin from reaching his full potential, LOF? :yaohappy:

KungFuJoe
11-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Is James Harden still preventing Lin from reaching his full potential, LOF? :yaohappy:

He's too busy cementing himself as the ugliest offensive player in the history of the game.

chocolatethunder
11-17-2014, 05:35 PM

Calm down. KidBasketball or whatever his name is has called him elite a million times. Lots of posters have called him that. He's not a legit starter. He is a bench player. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. He's not somewhere between anything. He's an average bench player. He's not an above average sixth man by any stretch of the imagination.

Kidbasketball20
11-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Calm down. KidBasketball or whatever his name is has called him elite a million times. Lots of posters have called him that. He's not a legit starter. He is a bench player. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. He's not somewhere between anything. He's an average bench player. He's not an above average sixth man by any stretch of the imagination.

I said potentially elite. He needs the right system, and he has games where Yes he DOES look elite.

But he is incredibly inconsistent.

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 05:39 PM
He's too busy cementing himself as the ugliest offensive player in the history of the game.

I agree. His game against GSW yesterday was lol worthy. Don't lose hope doe, LOF.

KungFuJoe
11-17-2014, 05:42 PM

He's better than starters like Calderon, Austin Rivers, George Hill, Felton, Nelson, and he's younger than all of them except for Rivers, I think.

And he's still better than any PG the Lakers have right now, by far.

His problem is inconsistency. Guess what...he's still a young player in terms of experience and this is his third team where he's had major minutes. People so quick to close the book on the guy.

I admit, I'm disappointed in him so far this season...but there's no denying that playing next to a mindless chucking Kobe sure isn't helping him.

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Lin is older than Harden. "Still young", doe.

lmao. Where is Kareem when you need him?

Potential has a shelf life.

Smoke117
11-17-2014, 06:19 PM
He needs the one thing he has been losing ever since he left NY: confidence. You can't do anything if you don't have confidence in yourself and he is clearly doubting his abilities. Confidence can go a long way...for better or worse. (Brandon Jennings)

oarabbus
11-17-2014, 06:31 PM
He's better than starters like Calderon, Austin Rivers, George Hill, Felton, Nelson, and he's younger than all of them except for Rivers, I think.

His problem is inconsistency. Guess what...he's still a young player in terms of experience and this is his third team where he's had major minutes. People so quick to close the book on the guy.

I admit, I'm disappointed in him so far this season...but there's no denying that playing next to a mindless chucking Kobe sure isn't helping him.

I'm not sure about Calderon, tbh. When Lin is "on" he is much better than Calderon. But Jose is a different type of PG, he's a "quarterback" game manager PG who doesn't really have off nights.

If Byron Scott ran some damn cuts or pick and rolls while Lin has the ball you'd see his numbers jump overnight. Not to Linsanity, but at least to decent/good starter levels.

GOBB
11-17-2014, 06:41 PM

There is a search feature. Find out yourself and some still post here. Take your random ass the f*ck up outta here. Who cares about the planet? Irrelevant mumbo jumbo.

GOBB
11-17-2014, 06:42 PM

Exactly. Like all of a sudden we are making this up and exaggerating. He can type in Lin elite, Linsanty etc and read threads himself.

KungFuJoe
11-17-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure about Calderon, tbh. When Lin is "on" he is much better than Calderon. But Jose is a different type of PG, he's a "quarterback" game manager PG who doesn't really have off nights.

If Byron Scott ran some damn cuts or pick and rolls while Lin has the ball you'd see his numbers jump overnight. Not to Linsanity, but at least to decent/good starter levels.

Lin is better than Calderon. It's just that Calderon is pretty much unnoticed whereas everything Lin does is magnified. Calderon is a better shooter, but Lin is better at driving and breaking down defenses and running the break. Lin also plays better defense than Calderon.

Calderon has had plenty of awful stinkers where had something like 5 points, 4 TOs on 2-8 shooting or whatever. It happens to everyone.

In 6 of the last 7 games (before his goose egg) Lin scored 17, 18, 21, 12, 15, 15.

He had one shitty game where NO ONE gave a shit on the entire team and now he doesn't belong in the league.

KungFuJoe
11-17-2014, 06:48 PM
There is a search feature. Find out yourself and some still post here. Take your random ass the f*ck up outta here. Who cares about the planet? Irrelevant mumbo jumbo.

What is random ass? Is that supposed to be some kind of insult?

Why don't you use the search feature and find yourself a ****ing clue.

GOBB
11-17-2014, 06:52 PM
What is random ass? Is that supposed to be some kind of insult?

Why don't you use the search feature and find yourself a ****ing clue.

Random. Who are you? Hardly ever seen you post. Yet you registered 2 years ago. :rolleyes:

And you dont remember the Linsanity craze here. Yet you're defending the guy like a kung fu character taking on swarms of enemy. Funny. Like I said, random ass poster.

I know I know "I just lurked and read the board".

KungFuJoe
11-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Random. Who are you? Hardly ever seen you post. Yet you registered 2 years ago. :rolleyes:

And you dont remember the Linsanity craze here. Yet you're defending the guy like a kung fu character taking on swarms of enemy. Funny. Like I said, random ass poster.

I know I know "I just lurked and read the board".

I got nearly 2k posts...not exactly lurking.

Anyways...I saw this place during Linsanity. Yeah, it was nuts. But that's over. Those guys are gone. Now you got kidbasketball and...that's it. Guys like me and oarabbus like Lin, but we acknowledge his faults, but we stick by him because he's a good person, a good player and a good story.

IGOTGAME
11-17-2014, 07:30 PM
He would have to catch lightning in a bottle because thats what he did. He isnt a starting pg because his entire offensive fam is frantic disorder. He cant play like that as a starting pg, he caught lignin in a bottle but it will always be that unless he gets better.

And

chocolatethunder
11-17-2014, 07:44 PM

Felton and Nelson are on the same team they aren't both starting. Rivers is not a point guard and he's not starting. The only guy he's better than in that list is Rivers who is a two guard and Felton who is a fat PG who isn't going to be starting. Calderon is a much better passer and shooter and Nelson is a better shooter and runs a team better. He's not a starter. I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the league, I'm saying that he's not a starter, which he isn't.

FKAri
11-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Why are people so insistent on talking about him?

oarrabus and kungfujoe are literally in every lin thread ive read. but the haters are annoying too (houston fans). gobb is annoying in general and his team always fkin sucks. we all need to stick to what's important and that is kobe vs bron. pick a side and stick to this site's script.

oarabbus
11-17-2014, 08:20 PM

oarrabus and kungfujoe are literally in every lin thread ive read. but the haters are annoying too (houston fans). gobb is annoying in general and his team always fkin sucks. we all need to stick to what's important and that is kobe vs bron. pick a side and stick to this site's script.

I've been watching the guy since the first home games in freshman year of high school so yeah, I'm gonna be in all the Lin threads. What's your problem with that, plus it seems like you're in many of them too :lol

FKAri
11-17-2014, 08:23 PM
I've been watching the guy since the first home games in freshman year of high school so yeah, I'm gonna be in all the Lin threads. What's your problem with that, plus it seems like you're in many of them too :lol

mad respect in that case.

oarabbus
11-17-2014, 08:26 PM
mad respect in that case.

Yeah, since '06 (dude is a couple years older than me) and I was at the game he won us State champs as well. Great high school memories. I remember telling my friends he'd get drafted and play in the NBA when he was a junior at Harvard... people laughed but I was right (about half of that statement :lol).

I'll be the first to say I thought he was much better than he was, during Linsanity I thought absolute WORST case scenario he'd be a nightly 15/7 guy and had a decent shot to be an all star (by merit). I have to admit watching this season has been disappointing and I've realized he may just be a good 6th man and the 15/7 floor for him actually looks like a best case scenario. In Houston I blamed McHale and Harden but like some of the haters have rightly said, you can only keep making excuses for so long.

Always gonna root for the guy though.

chocolatethunder
11-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah, since '06 (dude is a couple years older than me) and I was at the game he won us State champs as well. Great high school memories. I remember telling my friends he'd get drafted and play in the NBA when he was a junior at Harvard... people laughed but I was right (about half of that statement :lol).

I'll be the first to say I thought he was much better than he was, during Linsanity I thought absolute WORST case scenario he'd be a nightly 15/7 guy and had a decent shot to be an all star (by merit). I have to admit watching this season has been disappointing and I've realized he may just be a good 6th man and the 15/7 floor for him actually looks like a best case scenario. In Houston I blamed McHale and Harden but like some of the haters have rightly said, you can only keep making excuses for so long.

It's cool to root for him and I get it and it's totally hard to be objective about your favorite players but it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on that he's a bench player. That's nothing to be ashamed of or upset about but it's just the truth. He's just some NBA player who gets a lot of attention because he came from nowhere and had a great stretch of games a few years ago. Good for him.

disel
11-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Lin is better than Calderon. It's just that Calderon is pretty much unnoticed whereas everything Lin does is magnified. Calderon is a better shooter, but Lin is better at driving and breaking down defenses and running the break. Lin also plays better defense than Calderon.

Calderon has had plenty of awful stinkers where had something like 5 points, 4 TOs on 2-8 shooting or whatever. It happens to everyone.

In 6 of the last 7 games (before his goose egg) Lin scored 17, 18, 21, 12, 15, 15.

He had one shitty game where NO ONE gave a shit on the entire team and now he doesn't belong in the league.
Better then Calderon? :facepalm :roll: . Go eat ya com pao chicken.

GOBB
11-18-2014, 08:13 AM

A Bobcats fan saying someone's team always sucks? :roll: you are funny sir

iamgine
11-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Lin don't seem to have the handles. There's something off about the way he dribble the ball. It's the same feeling you get when, say, Joakim Noah brings up the ball...it's kind of awkward. Those two Kawhi steals the other day, I always have that worry everytime he dribble and try to create.

I<3NBA
11-18-2014, 12:45 PM
he needs Kobe to be injured

don't worry folks, it's not long now :banana:

YouGotServed
11-18-2014, 01:15 PM
In Houston I blamed McHale and Harden but like some of the haters have rightly said, you can only keep making excuses for so long.

:coleman: Bet you wish he was still playing alongside Harden now, huh?