PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Andre Drummond?

Inferno
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Of the 3 most hyped players from the 2012 draft class, Lillard's putting up 20.6/5/6.6 on 47/47/93 shooting (:applause::applause:) and Davis is putting up 25/12/2/4/2 56/-/77 shooting (:biggums:), but what's going on with Drummond? Haven't really been hearing anything about him, and he's putting up 8/11/2 on 41/-/41 shooting...if anything it looks like he's having a terrible start to the season :coleman:

Anyone who's seen him play this season want to chip in?

Smook A.
11-16-2014, 05:07 PM
I think it's just a rough start. He'll most likely get it together as the season progresses.

Uncle Drew
11-16-2014, 05:08 PM
He has to do more than just P&R's and put backs now. Stan is trying to make him a dominating big man, a force down low. He's working on it, but it's a slow process. He's also still getting used to Stan's system.

Per Synergy, Drummond posted up 10.8 percent of the time last season, while working the P&R 9.3 percent of the time. Through eight games this season, Drummond has been in the post 44.8 percent of the time, compared to just 6.3 percent on P&R plays.

Drummond has shown some flashes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsXtYdHWyBU. I'm still amazed at how easy he runs the floor.

Genaro
11-16-2014, 05:12 PM
He made some bad games in this beginning of the season. I don't watch much of the Pistons (J Smoove playing SF gimme nightmares at night) but I think it has to do with the new system.

andremiller07
11-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Just like every other overrated big man, once the spoon feeds dry up so do the numbers and supposed impact. Everyone looks tough making open dunks and lay ups, different ball game when you have to actually do something to get yours.

Cavalier
11-16-2014, 05:32 PM
His own team doesn't care to spell his name correctly so his confidence is probably at an all-time low.

https://i.imgur.com/5tfEqXd.png

oarabbus
11-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Just like every other overrated big man, once the spoon feeds dry up so do the numbers and supposed impact. Everyone looks tough making open dunks and lay ups, different ball game when you have to actually do something to get yours.

Exactly this, he got overrated due to a nice role last year. But he's not as overrated as Michael Carter Williams.