PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rockets currently the best team in the league?

YouGotServed
11-16-2014, 11:02 PM
9-1 led by Harden and Howard.

Discuss.

Le Shaqtus
11-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Until the playoffs yeah.

SugarHill
11-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Until the playoffs yeah.
:yaohappy:

JohnFreeman
11-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Until the playoffs yeah.
:oldlol:

YouGotServed
11-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Until the playoffs yeah.

Elaborate.

rezznor
11-16-2014, 11:07 PM
last 2 games haven't looked good. we will see tomorrow how they will respond.

Fudge
11-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Until the playoffs yeah.
:roll:

Rat poison.

Cocaine80s
11-16-2014, 11:10 PM
2nd behind Cleveland.

Definitely the best in the west

huskerdu
11-16-2014, 11:10 PM
They aren't even close to being as good as their record suggests. Absolute fool's gold.

coin24
11-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Until the playoffs yeah.

:yaohappy: :yaohappy:

ODEN>DURANT
11-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Cavs, Blazers and Warriors are better

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-16-2014, 11:15 PM
maybe it wasnt the best idea to post this thread after Houston squeaked by a Durant/Westbrookless OKC team, where they didnt score 70 and scored 9pts in the 3rd quarter

ODEN>DURANT
11-16-2014, 11:17 PM
OKC and Chicago also better when healthy

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-16-2014, 11:18 PM
OKC and Chicago also better when healthy
great username..........

http://media.katu.com/images/091205_oden_knee_injury2.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

YouGotServed
11-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Houston is playing so good right now. They have the best defense and best record in the league. Naysayers are literally in silence desperately looking for anything to criticize. :oldlol: Can't construct a coherent argument only tired cliches like "Wait until the playoffs" or "X team is still better."

Best defense and best record in the league. Deal with it.

Milbuck
11-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Until the playoffs yeah.
http://i.minus.com/ic6TRy2BaVNrA.gif

Fudge
11-16-2014, 11:22 PM

Xsatyr
11-16-2014, 11:27 PM
As a fellow Rockets fan I implore you to stfu. They've had an easy schedule to date so please temper your excitement and homerism.

YouGotServed
11-16-2014, 11:29 PM
As a fellow Rockets fan I implore you to stfu. They've had an easy schedule to date so please refrain from jumping the gun.

Lakers fan pretending to be a Rockets fan. I see right through you, clown. You aren't fooling anyone.

Negged.

DirkNowitzki41
11-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Let's wait till they play some competitive teams first.. 1st round exit waiting to happen doe

JohnFreeman
11-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Lakers fan pretending to be a Rockets fan. I see right through you, clown. You aren't fooling anyone.

Negged.
:lol

b1imtf
11-16-2014, 11:37 PM

Negged.

Xsatyr
11-16-2014, 11:38 PM

Negged.

I've been reppin the Rockets on ISH long before you got here kid.

gts
11-16-2014, 11:40 PM
As a fellow Rockets fan I implore you to stfu. They've had an easy schedule to date so please temper your excitement and homerism.

When it gets tougher we'll have a better idea... they've only played two games against teams above .500 so far and they lost one of those....

They should be fine still not sold on a deep deep playoff run but still... to early to tell

early season success always gets tested as we head into the new year and the grind of the season starts to settle in... that's when championship level teams are forged, not in the first 2 weeks of the season

YouGotServed
11-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Let's wait till they play some competitive teams. 1st round exit waiting to happen doe

Understand Parsons was part of last year's first round exit team, boy. I know public schooling is a joke but Jesus... please think before you post.

lmao

I've been reppin the Rockets on ISH long before you got here kid.

I've been a Rockets fan since the Moses Malone era, boy. Ive also been an ISH active member since the EZ board days circa 2002. Don't disrespect me ever again. Bowdown and kiss the ring.

Xsatyr
11-16-2014, 11:45 PM
When it gets tougher we'll have a better idea... they've only played two games against teams above .500 so far and they lost one of those....

They should be fine still not sold on a deep deep playoff run but still... to early to tell

early season success always gets tested as we head into the new year and the grind of the season starts to settle in... that's when championship level teams are forged, not in the first 2 weeks of the season

I think the Rockets would be undefeated if three starters were not missing against the Warriors. Obviously no real way of knowing that.

I've been a Rockets fan since the Moses Malone era, boy. Ive also been an ISH active member since the EZ board days circa 2002. Don't disrespect me ever again. Bowdown and kiss the ring.

You were not even alive during the Moses Malone era...

ronnymac
11-16-2014, 11:47 PM
We will get a better idea where we are against the Grizzlies. Our offense looks poor right now with no spacing which results in poor ball movement or bad shots. But our defense is looking great.

Tycriss
11-16-2014, 11:47 PM
San Antonio Spurs : SOS (0.616)....1er nba
Sacramento Kings : SOS (0.600)....2e

Chicago Bulls : SOS (0.376).....29th
Houston Rockets : SOS (0.366)....30th nba

YouGotServed
11-16-2014, 11:52 PM
I think the Rockets would be undefeated if three starters were not missing against the Warriors. Obviously no real way of knowing that.

You were not even alive during the Moses Malone era...

Obviously. Just messin' with ya. Houston will never have an efficient/good offensive system under McHale. Our only hope this year is our defense. So there's that.

Genaro
11-16-2014, 11:52 PM
They don't even look good right now playing their asses off just to barely beat Sixers and OKC without its stars. That goes without saying that the only good team that they faced with 80% of its starting unit they lost.

YouGotServed
11-16-2014, 11:57 PM
They don't even look good right now playing their asses off just to barely beat Sixers and OKC without its stars. That goes without saying that the only good team that they faced with 80% of its starting unit they lost.

lol @ thinking Houston played their ass off against Philly and OKC. Did you not hear the commentators repeatedly point out Houston's lack of energy? There was no sense of urgency.

You're clown shoes. Why bother posting if you don't even watch the games? Shoo, go away.

Genaro
11-17-2014, 12:15 AM
lol @ thinking Houston played their ass off against Philly and OKC. Did you not hear the commentators repeatedly point out Houston's lack of energy? There was no sense of urgency.

You're clown shoes. Why bother posting if you don't even watch the games? Shoo, go away.
Fool, do you really think I watch games with Rockets homers tv guys?
I obviously didn't watched against Sixers because there were better games at the time but I watched today and the Rockets fought for the victory.
The joke is on you since your lame team didn't win any meaningful team so far and is struggling against nobodies .

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 12:21 AM
I obviously didn't watched against Sixers because....

Didn't bother reading the rest. Not interested in hearing why you couldn't watch the Sixers game. Point stands, you didn't watch the game so why are you saying Houston played their asses off? :oldlol: Don't post in my thread if you don't watch Rockets games. That's a prerequisite. You've talked out of your ass just enough. Run along now.

Xsatyr
11-17-2014, 12:22 AM
I obviously didn't watched against Sixers because there were better games at the time but I watched today and the Rockets fought for the victory.
The joke is on you since your lame team didn't win any meaningful team so far and is struggling against nobodies .

The Rockets have only been in two games where the outcome was not decided by more than ten points.

FKAri
11-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Until the playoffs yeah.

oh man board's been providing the lulz tonight.

JebronLames
11-17-2014, 01:21 AM
Rockets vs Cavs in the finals, Cavs in 4.

ballinhun8
11-17-2014, 02:04 AM
The Rockets haven't played anybody.

Its about as empty a 9-1 record as can be. @Miami was their toughest win. So I give em that. Other than that. No. I wouldnt say they're the best Western Conference team either.

AnaheimLakers24
11-17-2014, 02:14 AM
Understand Parsons was part of last year's first round exit team, boy. I know public schooling is a joke but Jesus... please think before you post.

lmao

sad life :facepalm

oh an rockets are 1st round fodder as always

Genaro
11-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Didn't bother reading the rest. Not interested in hearing why you couldn't watch the Sixers game. Point stands, you didn't watch the game so why are you saying Houston played their asses off? :oldlol: Don't post in my thread if you don't watch Rockets games. That's a prerequisite. You've talked out of your ass just enough. Run along now.
Go **** yourself. I post wherever I want.

oarabbus
11-17-2014, 02:28 AM
I'm not sure if the Warriors are the best team in the league right now but they are better than the Rockets.

Maga_1
11-17-2014, 04:07 AM
I'm disapointed that nobody posted Lillard's game winner yet.

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Go **** yourself. I post wherever I want.

You can post whatever you want boy. I couldn't care less. Just know I'm not reading any of it. Your opinion is irrelevant.

I'm not sure if the Warriors are the best team in the league right now but they are better than the Rockets.

Debatable of course but Houston still has a better record and plays better defense. Lets be real too, Howard doesn't miss that game, Houston stays undefeated.

Lebronxrings
11-17-2014, 08:07 AM
starting to be no excuses....

StephHamann
11-17-2014, 08:07 AM
Currently probably yes

in April?

no way

eklip
11-17-2014, 08:09 AM
It's hard to judge them right now.

The only decent teams they played against:
win against Spurs (without Duncan, Ginobli, Splitter, Belinelli and Patti Mills)
loss against GSW (Houston without Howard, Terrence Jones and Beverley)
win against Miami

I think most good teams would be somewhere between 7-3 or 9-1 with their schedule. The rest of November, especially the games against Memphis, Dallas, Sacramento and the Clippers will be interesting and will make it easier to judge them.

masonanddixon
11-17-2014, 09:00 AM
No. They have had a joke schedule so far. They will start struggling around February.

kurple
11-17-2014, 09:50 AM
people aint even discussing basketball anymore, just a bunch of "funny" comments and laughing smileys

Budadiiii
11-17-2014, 09:51 AM
people aint even discussing basketball anymore, just a bunch of "funny" comments and laughing smileys
:roll: :roll: :roll:

chazzy
11-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Nah

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Rent free. :oldlol:

Milbuck
11-17-2014, 10:59 PM
No. They have had a joke schedule so far. They will start struggling around February.
...Or right now :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
11-17-2014, 11:00 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll:

Lebronxrings
11-17-2014, 11:04 PM
:lol

SCdac
11-17-2014, 11:07 PM
Kinda get the feeling they're peaking early and capitalizing on teams slow out of the gate. But hey the more competition the better! Rockets are doing what they should have done last season and season prior - taking defense seriously, playing more cohesively, etc. I'm all for teams/players evolving from pretenders to contenders (assuming that's happening, I'm not sold just yet but js). It's happened with a variety of franchises/players over the last few decades. I am cautious about regular season records though. For instance, Spurs '11, Suns '05, Mavs '07 are good examples of #1 seeded teams falling apart when it mattered most.

YouGotServed
11-17-2014, 11:07 PM
9-2

"Struggling", doe. :lol How dem tears taste, clowns? Houston is who we thought they were. 3rd seed in the West, worst case scenario.

StephHamann
11-18-2014, 02:48 AM
9-2

"Struggling", doe. :lol How dem tears taste, clowns? Houston is who we thought they were. 3rd seed in the West, worst case scenario.

future bump

Heavincent
11-18-2014, 02:53 AM
Warriors, Grizzlies, Blazers, Mavs, and Spurs are clearly better imo.

I do take back what I said about them not making the playoffs. They should be able to make it in as a 7 or 8 seed.

UK2K
11-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Like I said in another thread, they have played 11 games in 20 days, 7 on the road. They've played 4 games in the last four nights, 3 of them on the road.

They beat bad teams (bad teams who have beaten good teams, but that digresses from the hate). The two teams they've lost to are 19-3.

Nobody predicted them to be 9-2 in the preseason. They have 5 straight at home coming up. A 4-1 run will have them sitting at 13-3 after the first month of ball. Not to mention Beverley is just getting back and Jones is still gone, so they've been playing the first few weeks with two starters who were in the D league less than 365 days ago.

I think I'll take that.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-18-2014, 02:57 AM
9-2

couldnt score 90 against Philly
couldnt score 70 against a KD/Westbrookless OKC

lol u nikkas have had the softest schedule in the league, inflated defensive rating from playing sht offensive teams. youve had a good couple weeks but u bout to come back down to earth real hard. enjoy it

LoneyROY7
11-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Not as long as James Harden continues to shoot in upper-30s percentage wise.

UK2K
11-18-2014, 02:58 AM

I do take back what I said about them not making the playoffs. They should be able to make it in as a 7 or 8 seed.

I think the WC sits like this, providing all teams are fully healthy.

Memphis
Golden State
OKC

Portland
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Clippers

New Orleans
Phoenix
Sacramento

Heavincent
11-18-2014, 02:59 AM
Not as long as James Harden continues to shoot in upper-30s percentage wise.

Harden shooting in the upper 30's is pretty much guaranteed come playoff time.

StephHamann
11-18-2014, 06:51 AM
I think the WC sits like this, providing all teams are fully healthy.

Memphis
Golden State
OKC

Portland
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Clippers

New Orleans
Phoenix
Sacramento

http://tumblrmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/1382904818623.png

Spurs 6 seed, stop it

Memphis is not the best team, stop overreacting

YouGotServed
11-18-2014, 08:00 AM

9-2

ImKobe
11-18-2014, 08:08 AM
9-2

The Blazers were great to start last season as well and were on top of the West for a while, we all know what happened :rolleyes:, at least they got to the 2nd round despite falling to a 5th seed :bowdown:

kurple
11-18-2014, 08:16 AM

Negged.
pot calling the kettle black? isnt that exactly what you are doing?

YouGotServed
11-18-2014, 08:22 AM
pot calling the kettle black? isnt that exactly what you are doing?

Not really. What makes you say that?

The Blazers were great to start last season as well and were on top of the West for a while, we all know what happened :rolleyes:, at least they got to the 2nd round despite falling to a 5th seed :bowdown:

Rent free.

kurple
11-18-2014, 08:27 AM
because you are an (self-proclaimed) lakers fan. pretending to be an rockets fan

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-20-2014, 02:57 AM
barely beat Philly where u couldnt get 90 even
barely beat OKC w/o KD and Russ where yall dont even score 70
get raped by Memphis
get laked by Kobe
Dallas next

UK2K
11-20-2014, 03:09 AM
barely beat Philly where u couldnt get 90 even
barely beat OKC w/o KD and Russ where yall dont even score 70
get raped by Memphis
get laked by Kobe
Dallas next

5 of the 9 guys who played tonight weren't even on the team last season.

Missing 4 guys who are part of the 9 man rotation hurts. Dwight, Jones, Canaan, Daniels all sat out. Missing two starters doesnt help either.

HOoopCityJones
11-20-2014, 03:12 AM

Missing 4 guys who are part of the 9 man rotation hurts. Dwight, Jones, Canaan, Daniels all sat out. Missing two starters doesnt help either.

Yea because the Lakers weren't missing anyone tonight or when we played each other opening night. :rolleyes:

Eric Cartman
11-20-2014, 03:22 AM

Canaan? Daniels?

UK2K
11-20-2014, 03:24 AM
http://tumblrmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/1382904818623.png

Spurs 6 seed, stop it

Memphis is not the best team, stop overreacting

Those teams arent in any order, theyre just tiers.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 03:31 AM
Canaan? Daniels?

Canaan is the only other PG on the team and has been playing 23 mpg so far this season. Not sure whats funny about that? Must be something I missed. He's averaged more minutes than two of the guys who started tonight, and 5 of the guys who played.

And Daniels, yeah hes off to a slow start, but anyone who watched the playoffs last year knows he can light it up.

Fact is, Houston had 43 points, 21 rebounds, and 6 assists sitting on the bench tonight.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 03:32 AM
Yea because the Lakers weren't missing anyone tonight or when we played each other opening night. :rolleyes:

HaHa.

The Lakers had a better roster on the floor tonight than the Rockets, and thats not even debatable. Let that sink in for a second. Thats how depleted the Houston lineup is right now.

KungFuJoe
11-20-2014, 04:59 AM
You guys started out hot but it ain't gonna last. First of all...no team is winning a ring with McHale as the coach. That right there should put this to bed.

But besides that, you guys still don't have a leader. It ain't Harden and it sure as hell will never be Dwight. Terry and Ariza have been playing over their heads and it won't last. In fact Ariza is already settling down....hasn't shot better than 36% from 2 or 33% from 3 in the last four games. Everyone knew he couldn't keep up that near 50% mark.

And no depth at all down low. Dwight and a bunch of dudes who can't shoot or can't defend and mostly both.

And Harden is relying even more than ever on the refs. Not even shooting 40% from the field. What's that going to look like come playoff time? Oh wait...we already saw what it'll look like agains the Blazers.

Magic731
11-20-2014, 05:42 AM
HaHa.

The Lakers had a better roster on the floor tonight than the Rockets, and thats not even debatable. Let that sink in for a second. Thats how depleted the Houston lineup is right now.
:biggums:
Good luck making the playoffs then.

Cocaine80s
11-20-2014, 05:46 AM
You guys started out hot but it ain't gonna last. First of all...no team is winning a ring with McHale as the coach. That right there should put this to bed.

But besides that, you guys still don't have a leader. It ain't Harden and it sure as hell will never be Dwight. Terry and Ariza have been playing over their heads and it won't last. In fact Ariza is already settling down....hasn't shot better than 36% from 2 or 33% from 3 in the last four games. Everyone knew he couldn't keep up that near 50% mark.

And no depth at all down low. Dwight and a bunch of dudes who can't shoot or can't defend and mostly both.

And Harden is relying even more than ever on the refs. Not even shooting 40% from the field. What's that going to look like come playoff time? Oh wait...we already saw what it'll look like agains the Blazers.
Dwight dominated last year vs Portland.

If Harden and Lin didnt shit the bed who knows how far they couldve gone last year

HOoopCityJones
11-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Dwight dominated last year vs Portland.

If Harden and Lin didnt shit the bed who knows how far they couldve gone last year

Second Round? :confusedshrug:

Cocaine80s
11-20-2014, 05:51 AM
Second Round? :confusedshrug:
3nd round

andremiller07
11-20-2014, 05:55 AM
What exactly did Houston spend it's money on by not re-signing Parsons and moving Lin and Asik? There depth is horrible, Black, D-Mo, Dorsey don't even belong in the NBA and Garcia is finished and Terry is on his last legs. Pap looked good but :pimp:

chazzy
11-20-2014, 06:33 AM
https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/534782762918506496

YouGotServed
11-20-2014, 07:47 AM
You know a team is good when they're 9-3 and people think they're struggling. That's like a projected 62+W season.

I know Harden and Howard are good, but people need to lower their expectations when it comes to this team and admit this team has its flaws. They are not the 90s Bulls. Calm the f*ck down.

StephHamann
11-20-2014, 08:14 AM
I know Harden and Howard are good, but people need to lower their expectations when it comes to this team and admit this team has its flaws. They are not the 90s Bulls. Calm the f*ck down.

You opened this bullshit thread :coleman:

tontoz
11-20-2014, 08:24 AM

Yeah the OP was an idiot for hyping them up like this. :lol

YouGotServed
11-20-2014, 08:29 AM
You opened this bullshit thread :coleman:

Irrelevant.

UK2K
11-20-2014, 08:56 AM
:biggums:
Good luck making the playoffs then.
Were 9-3 starting two former D leaguers and an undrafted free agent.

I think we'll be fine when the bulk of our team gets back.

Nuff Said
11-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Yeah the OP was an idiot for hyping them up like this. :lol
Lol

Im Still Ballin
11-20-2014, 09:42 AM
The Rockets are a flawed team. Their success hinges on two questionable "stars".

It is very early on, indeed.

YouGotServed
11-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Let's wait till they play some competitive teams first.. 1st round exit waiting to happen doe

11-3

No Howard, Jones and no Beverley. Still beat the Mavs.

http://i.imgur.com/UBLemHc.gif

Fudge
11-25-2014, 12:36 AM
11-3

We the best. Nobody's f*cking with us this year.

rezznor
11-25-2014, 12:36 AM
11-3

after losing to the lakers...

YouGotServed
11-25-2014, 01:06 AM

We the best. Nobody's f*cking with us this year.

First T-Mac then Durant and now Ariza. Your fetish for lean and long small forwards is out of control. What happened to you as a kid bruh?

Fudge
11-25-2014, 01:12 AM
First T-Mac then Durant and now Ariza. Your fetish for lean and long small forwards is out of control. What happened to you as a kid bruh?
Ariza? :kobe:

MMM
11-25-2014, 01:27 AM
are they still saying the Rockets are beating nobody
I guess they haven't realized that its the Rockets making em look like nobodies.