PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Rookie in the draft worth going 1-81 for?

sammichoffate
11-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Philly and LA are apparently trying to pull a 98 Spurs at this rate

Akrazotile
11-17-2014, 01:24 AM
LA isn't really trying to, they just have Kobe so it's kind of working out that way naturally.

SugarHill
11-17-2014, 01:25 AM
If you really want Al Jefferson, I guess

lilteapot
11-17-2014, 01:27 AM
What

Cocaine80s
11-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Jahlil Okafor and Wayne Selden

Milbuck
11-17-2014, 01:57 AM
No one on that level, but if you have half an NBA-level team like Philly, you might as well go for it. Towns and Mudiay could be special, and while I'm not as high on Okafor as others..he could be as well.

:coleman:

AboutBuckets
11-17-2014, 02:23 AM
No one on that level, but if you have half an NBA-level team like Philly, you might as well go for it. Towns and Mudiay could be special, and while I'm not as high on Okafor as others..he could be as well.

We're of opposing opinions on these two; I'm more a fan of Okafor's preference to stay inside. Towns can drift out to the perimeter a bit too often for my liking, and given the dearth of 'true' big men in the league right now I'd like to see him focus his (admittedly great) talent on improving his interior game

UK2K
11-17-2014, 02:59 AM

Towns will be an MVP at some point.

UK2K
11-17-2014, 03:05 AM
We're of opposing opinions on these two; I'm more a fan of Okafor's preference to stay inside. Towns can drift out to the perimeter a bit too often for my liking, and given the dearth of 'true' big men in the league right now I'd like to see him focus his (admittedly great) talent on improving his interior game
Towns also has handles like a point guard.

If you don't want to chase him out to the perimeter, he'll knock down 3's. If you do, he'll just go around you. Not only that, but the dude has excellent court vision.

buddha
11-17-2014, 03:40 AM
Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Green
Julius Randle
Jahlil Okafor

is gonna be a nasty team.

Milbuck
11-17-2014, 03:45 AM
Yeah I feel you. I probably exaggerated on my views of Okafor...I'm not saying he's gonna be a bust, I just don't think his two-way impact matches his hype. I think he could easily be a multiple time all-star, or even more, but I think his lack of explosiveness and defensive versatility limits his potential.

And I don't think Towns is currently matching his hype either, but he's got that potential factor going for him..incredibly unique physical tools to go along with a unique skill set, and it's only getting better. Dude was 7'0" with a 7'4" wingspan IIRC, and his vert tested at something like 36.5 inches. His ceiling is just higher, imo. And it's not one of those situations where he's just raw as hell, he's got some great skills to back it up.

I do agree that he needs to pull his game closer to the basket.

Timmy D for MVP
11-17-2014, 04:29 AM
I don't think any prospect is near that Duncan tier of a franchise changer. But there are some nice prospects. The Lakers just need to tank to keep their pick, but the Sixers are in prime position to add yet another top prospect to their roster, however they might be limited by position need since a couple of the the top prospects are bigs.

That said it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them snatch Okafor or Towns and then use them as trade bait if no other prospect leaps out at them, or for insurance purposes in case Noel/Embiid don't pan out.

But it would be interesting if the Lakers expressed a ton of interest in like Mudiay or something and the Sixers tried to out tank them to get into better position to take a top guard over LAL.

livingby3's
11-17-2014, 04:38 AM
Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Green
Julius Randle
Jahlil Okafor

is gonna be a nasty team.

what do the Suns get?

AirFederer
11-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Ask Kobe, seems like he`s giving it a shot :banana: